You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC 2015

Comments

• edited December 2014
    I hope this series will be a massive success,credit to all at dtd and sky for the massive organisation and logistics involved,I would dearly like to play the mini.,in fact if it was possible to reg on sky site I would do it in a heartbeat after my lucky bink in a tourney last week,sadly that option is not available to me or others who would perhaps like to enter this one.i know I could take the money out of my account and buy in on dtd site,but it is such a faff to me to do that,(also explaining to a non poker playing wife that taking £300 out and entering a £110 tourney is a good move is rather difficult lol) 

I hope this post is received in the way it is meant, good luck to all that play and once again a massive thumbs up to Rob,Simon T.K and all involved.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC 2015:
    I hope this series will be a massive success,credit to all at dtd and sky for the massive organisation and logistics involved,I would dearly like to play the mini.,in fact if it was possible to reg on sky site I would do it in a heartbeat after my lucky bink in a tourney last week,sadly that option is not available to me or others who would perhaps like to enter this one.i know I could take the money out of my account and buy in on dtd site,but it is such a faff to me to do that,(also explaining to a non poker playing wife that taking £300 out and entering a £110 tourney is a good move is rather difficult lol)  I hope this post is received in the way it is meant, good luck to all that play and once again a massive thumbs up to Rob,Simon T.K and all involved.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hi Tom, & thanks.

Unfortunately, one of the effects of the new Legislation is that Sites can no longer offer this option (a Direct Buy-In on the site). Even the mighty 'Stars have had to cease offering it.

In the case of the Main Event, the Sky T & C's state......

"5. We are not offering player's the opportunity to buy in directly to the event via the poker lobby, using funds from their account. This is until further notice."

..which is due to the new legislation.

Will there be Satellites?

It's possible, but I don't know. I think it depends on how numbers go for the Main Event, as the targets are pretty stiff.

The matter has been discussed & is under review. I would not be confident it will happen, but it is being considered.

It goes without saying that I hope there are, but, you know how it is, wheels within wheels, priorities, da de da.
  • edited December 2014
    Tikay, any idea why the new red tape restricts direct buy ins across the board? Appreciate it isn't really your field but if you could shed any light on it I'd be interested.

Coming down for the mini and maybe more, will shout you a latte!
  • edited December 2014
    Tikay, any idea why the new red tape restricts direct buy ins across the board? Appreciate it isn't really your field but if you could shed any light on it I'd be interested. Coming down for the mini and maybe more, will shout you a latte!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Morning.

I now gather that "the new red tape" is NOT the readon why Direct Buy-Ins are currently not accepted, apols for the misread.

Look forward to seeing you at UKPC, the lattes are on you (OFFICIAL).
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Sky Poker UKPC 2015:
      It will be held at DTD   Main Event February 25th-March 1st 2015   £1,000 buy in, £500,000 GTD   A full week long festival in support, details and schedule to be announced shortly   Satellites are running now on skypoker.com   https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-2015?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc2015 notes: This will be the third Sky Poker UKPC, following the two hugely successful UKPC’s in 2014. For a flavour of the Sky Poker UKPC, highlights from the 6-Max which took place in August is currently airing on Sky Sports every Monday Evening, for 7 weeks. The Sky Poker UKPC has been nominated for “Best UK Tournament” in the 2014 British Poker Awards http://www.thebritishpokerawards.com/
    Posted by SPT
    Hi can anyone confirm if up you already won seat for the ukpc and still play on i qualifiers as I've noticed loads do this and have won seats in yesterday final that already have seat do you recive cash into your account for the seat value of a 1000 pound 
    Please help.....
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Sky Poker UKPC 2015 : Hi can anyone confirm if up you already won seat for the ukpc and still play on i qualifiers as I've noticed loads do this and have won seats in yesterday final that already have seat do you recive cash into your account for the seat value of a 1000 pound  Please help.....
    Posted by grahamfo12
    HI Graham,

I've no idea what the mechanics of that are, Graham, you had best ask one of the guys who do it.

I THINK they buy-in to the Target Tourney first, & then de-register when the Satellite starts, but I honestly don't really know.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Sky Poker UKPC 2015 : Hi can anyone confirm if up you already won seat for the ukpc and still play on i qualifiers as I've noticed loads do this and have won seats in yesterday final that already have seat do you recive cash into your account for the seat value of a 1000 pound  Please help.....
    Posted by grahamfo12
    yes, you receive £1k
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2015
    satellites for the UKPC Mini are running now on DTD

details on http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/sky-poker-ukpc-mini/2459
  • edited January 2015
    Will there be a full schedule of side events later in the week? Or is it just going to be Day 1a and b for the £1k side event?

Cheers
  • edited January 2015
    Will there be a full schedule of side events later in the week? Or is it just going to be Day 1a and b for the £1k side event? Cheers
    Posted by FezioJr
    Hi Fezio,

The full schedule includes....

Mini

High Roller

Main

8-Max

In addition, it is likely there will be some "affordable" sideys during the latter stages, too, depending on availability of Tables.

The full schedule, as at present, is on the Promo Page, HERE 
  • edited January 2015
    Excellent thanks Tikay.
  • edited January 2015
    hi all
           please can you tell me how many day one are in the main event and can you pick any one
    thanks ebberdon
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2015
    the full schdeule is here https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-2015?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc2015

4 day ones for the main

tikay might correct me on this, but last time sky poker qualifiers were placed into the final day one.

• edited January 2015
    To have the chance of winning a Sky Poker UK Poker Championships Main Event seat you can qualify either via satellites or by direct buy-in at the event venue, Dusk Till Dawn. Successful players will be entered into Day 1D, which commences on Friday 27th February 2015 at 1.00pm.
  • edited January 2015

Right.

Booked in for ten nights in Beeston from Feb 20th. Play the Mini on 21st. Win seat to Main on 22nd by placing in top 50. Play Main on 26th and Day 2 on 28th. Run deep on March 1st.

Job’s a good ‘un.

• edited January 2015
    Right.   Booked in for ten nights in Beeston from Feb 20 th . Play the Mini on 21 st . Win seat to Main on 22 nd by placing in top 50. Play Main on 26 th and Day 2 on 28 th . Run deep on March 1 st .   Job’s a good ‘un.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I seriously hope you have free cancelation for some/all of the booking ;)

See you there!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC 2015 : I seriously hope you have free cancelation for some/all of the booking ;) See you there!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

In the (let’s face it) unlikely event that I bust early doors, I will just have to hit up the cash tables with Tommy and Matt ;)

• edited January 2015
    The Sky Poker UKPC Mini Event The Mini will cost £100 + £10 to enter. It will have a £200,000 Guarantee The Top 50 finishers will also receive a £1,000 Main Event Seat. It will run from Friday 13th February until Sunday 22nd February. It will have 7 Day 1’s. The Day 1’s will be on… Friday 13th Saturday 14th Sunday 15th Friday 20th Saturday 21st (TWO flights) Sunday 22nd (Turbo) The Final will be Sunday 22nd.
    Posted by SPT
    This is slightly misleading (although I'm sure it probably wasn't meant to be) - there are actually 11 day 1's, 7 live and 4 ONLINE running on DTD's site.  I think it's only fair that people are made aware of all the facts if they intend on playing this as it will have an effect on the number of players expected through to day 2, and also provides more opportunities for a player to make a different day 1 if they can't make others etc.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC 2015 : This is slightly misleading (although I'm sure it probably wasn't meant to be) - there are actually 11 day 1's, 7 live and 4 ONLINE running on DTD's site.  I think it's only fair that people are made aware of all the facts if they intend on playing this as it will have an effect on the number of players expected through to day 2, and also provides more opportunities for a player to make a different day 1 if they can't make others etc.
    Posted by repton3
    That's fair comment, Mr Repton, slightly misleading, but not deliberate as such.

There's a peculiar dynamic at work here, which explains part of the reason.

Both DTD & Sky Poker run Online Poker Sites, & neither party really wants to drive traffic to the other, for obvious reasons.

We have a super relationship with Rob & his Team at DTD, but as a general rule, there is a sort of Gentleman's agreement in place - we don't promote their Online stuff too much, & they don't promote ours. There are exceptions, but thats the gist of it. We do, of course, promote their "Live" satellites & events connected to UKPC.

It's not something players generally consider, but if you think about it, it's quite a delicate balance we both have to strike.

Fortunately, irrespective of contractual obligations & all the legal rigmarole both parties have entered into, we both promote the Event in the right spirit, & as fairly as we are able.

To give some idea of the complexity of these things, this week alone DTD gave sent me over 40 e-Mails. I then, after adding my comments & views, send them to the Sky Poker Suits, who then reply accordingly, & so it goes on. In total, over 100 e-Mails about the UKPC have crossed my desk this week alone.

Rob Yong, who owns DTD, tends to send his e-Mails at between 3am & 5am every day, & so that's generally my first job, to deal with them. He's quite a stickler for prompt replies, too, if I ever ignore or "miss" one of his notes, he soon lets me know.....

Fingers crossed, the UKPC, which is held at DTD, will win the British Poker Award "Best UK Tournament", & Rob & his Team at DTD will enjoy some reflected credit for it.

Appreciate your correction, & I hope my reply explains the peculiar dynamics at work here.     

• edited January 2015

The latest UKPC news is here.....

http://bit.ly/1FCOrpV
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2015
    The latest & up to date details of the UKPC Festival as a whole can be found on either of these 2 pages.....

http://www.ukpokerchampionships.com/

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-2015?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc2015
  • edited January 2015
    Quick question. Sorry if it's been asked already... Can we buy directly into the mini event yet? If not when will this be possible, as I expect day 1F which I want to play will be very popular and I'd like to bag my seat before it sells out!
  • edited January 2015
    Qucik question. Sorry if it's been asked already... Can we buy directly into the mini event yet? If not when will this be possible, as I expect day 1F which I want to play will be very popular and I'd like ot bag my seat before it sells out!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    What he said.
  • edited January 2015
    Quick question. Sorry if it's been asked already... Can we buy directly into the mini event yet? If not when will this be possible, as I expect day 1F which I want to play will be very popular and I'd like to bag my seat before it sells out!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Charles & Susan,

You can only buy-in to the Mini at present via the Host Venue.

Day 1F is the first of 2 Flights on Saturday 21st, so yes, it will be quite busy I imagine.

Flight 1G is the 2nd Flight on the same day, & Flight 1H (which is a Turbo-Wurbo Flight) willl be on Sunday 22nd at 11am.
  • edited January 2015
    So just at DTD itself and not on their online platform? 

Also, is the mini a re-entry? 

Thanks
  • edited January 2015
    So just at DTD itself and not on their online platform?  Also, is the mini a re-entry?  Thanks
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Oh I see - I'm not sure, to be honest, I would think you can buy via their Online Shop, but I'm not 100% certain. I'll ask the question today, & get back to you.

Is the Mini a Re-Entry? Yes Sirree!

All the UKPC Events in February permit a single re-entry per day, up to Level 6, & of course, rinse repeat on following opening days if needed.
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015
    The latest & up to date details of the UKPC Festival as a whole can be found on either of these 2 pages..... http://www.ukpokerchampionships.com/ https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-2015?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc2015
    Posted by SPT
    Which of these is correct?  
    The first link shows days 1E and 1F on Saturday 21st, with the kick off times as 12:00 and 17:00 respectively.  This also tallys with the information on the DTD website, and the days available to buy into in the shop.

The second link shows days 1F and 1G on Saturday 21st, with start times of 14:00 and 19:00, and this ties in with a comment Tikay posted above about 1F being the early flight on the Saturday.

...bit confused
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2015
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-2015?dcmp=p_hm_ukpc2015

is correct

Mini 1f and 1g at 2pm and 7pm on the 21st

dtd will alter their pages
  • edited January 2015
    Merci beaucoup