You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU FANCY PLAYING.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE:
    thursday night entrants 7.50 got 35   £1.10 9.20 got 37   £1.10 8.25 got 21   £5.50
    Posted by churchy18
    Well Done Brian!!

Thanks for input Tikay & All

We shall aim at starting next week hopefully, Me & Brian will have a brainstaorming session, well he will I'll watch, lol

Hopefully Current PLO Varient Sun League Manager Dave, Solarcarro can add some thoughts too.

I'm gonna dig a Book out & read some rules & strategy, so look out!! lo

Thanks.

We got some good Feedback here & in FOSP FB Group, sothis looks a good Go'er! PL08 defo favoured all around.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA OR OMAHA HI/LO?:
    Not really a fan of tourneys but Im a fan of those trying to organise this so I will support it as best I can. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks for your support pomm, Talon, TK, Karen, Bhoys, bbMIke, Vespa, geraldirl, Enut & All btw!!
  • edited December 2014
    Look forward to playing this league if it goes ahead.

I suggested Thursday because it is a night that people watch the show. I play while I watch the show & this wiil be great. Ideally, the same format at DTD (three tournies for £5.50) as this will encourage new players.

For whatever reason, Wednesday doesn't seem to be a good night & there are already events there. Tuesday or Thursday suit me best because I can play every week virtually (miss a few Tuesdays due to football) whereas Friday or Sunday depends on whether I am playing live or away for the weekend.
  • edited December 2014
    Look forward to playing this league if it goes ahead. I suggested Thursday because it is a night that people watch the show. I play while I watch the show & this wiil be great. Ideally, the same format at DTD (three tournies for £5.50) as this will encourage new players. For whatever reason, Wednesday doesn't seem to be a good night & there are already events there. Tuesday or Thursday suit me best because I can play every week virtually (miss a few Tuesdays due to football) whereas Friday or Sunday depends on whether I am playing live or away for the weekend.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    thanks for the reply and great that you will also play its just a case of picking one and then start getting it organised all the best brian.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE : thanks for the reply and great that you will also play its just a case of picking one and then start getting it organised all the best brian.
    Posted by churchy18
    Yes, we can always change day at later date obviously, but its good to try & get best one set from the off!!
    it seems popular idea with PLO regs, so we wont know till we try.
    I'm up fa next week, but Brians decision!!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE : Yes, we can always change day at later date obviously, but its good to try & get best one set from the off!! it seems popular idea with PLO regs, so we wont know till we try. I'm up fa next week, but Brians decision!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    think by far most seem too agree with thursday so maybe go with that if we can david just let me know anything else i need too do and we can get it started
  • edited December 2014
    Count me in this, as a new rising star to plo8 (future champion you know)
    I would go for option 2 but with a buy in to equal DTD £5.50.
    I think keeping the overall buy in as low a possible, would definitely attract bigger fields imo.
    Don't think new players to plo8 who are learning the game would want to get
    there fingers burnt with higher buy ins.

Thursday night sounds good to me.
    I really do hope this can take off and attract more players to plo8.
    As for playing three tourney's of plo8 at the same time, this will definitely mash my brain.
    I struggle playing DTD, this is going to be a challenge for me (but I will be victorious).

Regards Alan (team AJ ftw)
  • edited December 2014
    Just to keep the thread bubbling....I would definitely support this.  Not bothered which night.  Should be fun.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE : think by far most seem too agree with thursday so maybe go with that if we can david just let me know anything else i need too do and we can get it started
    Posted by churchy18
    Great!! lets do it!!
    Thurs seems to be most popular in FB group too!!

I suggest we start a similar registration thread to the Excellent one MichaelDTW does for DTD Mondays, maybe we can post that on a Tuesday!!

If you could change Opening POST on this thread announcing Start date be good.

The Header can be changed on Opening post too as i do here, but you will have to do that...

I will sort prizes!!

Dec is difficult, but will shall be set for Jan!!!!

Great Work mate!!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: FOSP OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE starts thurs Dec 11th!!!! manager churchy18:
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE : Great!! lets do it!! Thurs seems to be most popular in FB group too!! I suggest we start a similar registration thread to the Excellent one MichaelDTW does for DTD Mondays, maybe we can post that on a Tuesday!! If you could change Opening POST on this thread announcing Start date be good. The Header can be changed on Opening post too as i do here, but you will have to do that... I will sort prizes!! Dec is difficult, but will shall be set for Jan!!!! Great Work mate!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    have pm'd you a few questions!

Great too have you on board AJMILTON and GLENELQ  
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    if its hi/lo i'll have a go

xx

• edited December 2014
    Thursday or Saturday early evening best for me
  • edited December 2014
    Great idea.

Unfortunately not rolled for it atm - may join in the £1'er for now.

good luck.
  • edited December 2014
    I'll pop in and play what I can, 3 MTTs may be a bit too much but I'm sure I will play at least 1.
  • edited December 2014
    Any ideas of the scoring?

Best 2 results out of 3?
  • edited December 2014
    Aye if its plo8 then im in :)
  • edited December 2014
    I would play the cheaper games for sure.  Anything over £2 I would have to pick and chose depending on how my BR is that week
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: FOSP OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE starts thurs Dec 11th!!!! manager churchy18:
    In Response to Re: FOSP OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE starts thurs Dec 11th!!!! manager churchy18 : have pm'd you a few questions! Great too have you on board AJMILTON and GLENELQ  
    Posted by churchy18
    Yup Answered!!....& few questions back to you SIR!

Yup the last suggested £5.50 may fairly be issue for a few, i'll try & see if sky can change or put on a special £2.20 for us!!
    or bring other £2.20 forward as you suggested.

One thing overlooked so far is Xmas day is a Thursday, lol!!
    so that could hurt numbers, lol!!

I think lets crack on this Thursday, then we set for great start in jan!!

As per DTD Mondays, we were thinking agg of best two results from 3 for table, with exception that you don't have to play all 3 maybe, in case we cannot change £5.50 game.

december looks to be a suck it & see, but lets go fa it!!

lots of enthusiasm here & in FB group, so COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU FANCY PLAYING.:
    I would play the cheaper games for sure.  Anything over £2 I would have to pick and chose depending on how my BR is that week
    Posted by MrWh1te
    point taken Sir & Phantom!!

I am on case!! pls do join in other games tho if not sorted first week.
  • edited December 2014
    FOSP have been running  this PLO Vareints sundays, alternates each week PLO & PLO8, so all welcome to play but its standard PLO this week. pls do join in tho if free... only ONE tornie every sunday.
    Why we trying new structure for diff league!!

SUNDAY , 7-12-14 7.15pm!!

Hour late Reg, £3.30, 3000 chips

FOSP PLO Varients LEAGUE TOURNIE Dec Week 1!!!!

lobby here...

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=10234827&guid=b5b0b29c-b556-4203-856d-f40b6ecf0aaf

TY to Dave, Solarcarro, League Manager for running.

£5.50 FOSP or Mini Seat for the Monthly Winner added Bonus from Sky Poker Ty

ALL WELCOME!!!
    {ALL Means ALL, too!!}

NEW FOSP HILO League starting Thurs 11th dec!
    run by churchy18, Brian, full details to follow, will be agg of best 2 sores from 3 optional tournies, registration thread will be up Tuesday! + added value sky prizes!!
  • edited December 2014
    Result of FOSP PLO!!!

its-a-fix 60000 1 £30 ~
    MAXALLY 0 2 £18 
    cool0 0 3 £12 
    GliterBabe 0 4 
    alig1234 0 5 
    HITMAN_RV 0 6 
    EBBERDON 0 7 
    Chris_Mc 0 8 
    WHEELS7161 0 9 
    pippety27 0 10 
    Ice_Tiger 0 11 
    sherifoo7 0 12 
    cajones 0 13 
    Boomswitch 0 14 
    jams88 0 15 
    neddy3511 0 16 
    al4jon26 0 17 
    VespaPX 0 18 
    IDONKCALLU 0 19 
    melvin1958 0 20

it was a FIX, obviously!!

VWP SIR!!

UL Max!!
  • edited December 2014
    I would like to join.
    Thanks

Nov
  • edited December 2014
    Nice one Churchy, saw this on macs thread, I would like to get involved

Neil
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU FANCY PLAYING.:
    I would like to join. Thanks Nov
    Posted by noviceplay
    done Nov & Neil, hope to see you thurs, glgl
  • edited December 2014
    I would be interested in the hi /lo league , cheers wiganway
  • edited December 2014
    I would be interested in the hi /lo league , cheers wiganway
    Posted by wiganway
    Done Noted Wigan!!

All who have posted interest will be regged auto by Brian/Me on reg thread for this thursday!

[I always loved Wigan Away great litle Italian Pizza/Pasta Gaff on Estate rite by Ground, Fulham always got Wigan midweek tho, awkward, and you always beat us anyway in Carling Cup esp!!]
  • edited December 2014
    Me & Brian been thinking.......................

Shock I know!!

Currently Thursday schedule is always as such, I believe....

Time, Entrants last week, cost £

7.50pm [got 35]   £1.10
    8.25pm  [got 21]   £5.50
    9.20pm [ got 37]   £1.10

We dont want to disrupt Existing Sky & Players schedule obviously, but idea I have come up with is too ask Sky for an Extra Tournie £1.10, maybe £2.20. at about 8.10pm or 8.45 pm.

We would the take the aggregate of best TWO scores from whatever Folks can afford or have time to play.
    IE folks can play any 2,3 or ALL 4!! If scores equal then 3rd, 4th score come into play. Numbers in tournies are evenish so it should work.

This should make it wholly inclusive to ALL SKY PLO8 Community.

Registration thread will go up Later Monday nite/Tuesday am so as not to confuse with DTD Mondays.

Thoughts Tony Kendall??

Also, thinking aloud Tony, is there going to be a PLO8 side event in the Xmas UKOPS & The FEB Nott UKPC
    if so, can We pm you pls with an idea, or Vice Versa, as this may all fit nice to promote, ya gets me??

The Hitman & Bri
  • edited December 2014
    Why do we need a separate registration thread to clog the forum? Why not just take all the players who play the events and score them all, none of the tourneys last week made 40 runners so it's not like a massive job (and probably easier in fact to include everyone than trawl through lists marking In Out In Out etc.
  • edited December 2014
    Why do we need a separate registration thread to clog the forum? Why not just take all the players who play the events and score them all, none of the tourneys last week made 40 runners so it's not like a massive job (and probably easier in fact to include everyone than trawl through lists marking In Out In Out etc.
    Posted by FCHD
    I agree with you more inclusive just too take players names from each tourney on the night as i know there are a few who don,t come on the forum but are eager too play. but we will still need too create a post too keep the table/scores and prize winners upto date so far seems like it should do ok looking at the numbers over the weekend maybe a few tweeks in january.