You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Club 100 Freeroll

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Could it be cash players? their stats dont show on SS?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll:
    Your names not down you're not getting in.
    Posted by day4eire76
    I dont care about getting in, i just would like someone from sky to say what it is? 

ive never seen a 10k freeroll on here, so just curious? especially as all the entrants seem to carry £0 value.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : I dont care about getting in, i just would like someone from sky to say what it is?  ive never seen a 10k freeroll on here, so just curious? especially as all the entrants seem to carry £0 value.
    Posted by alex1229
    Hi Alex,

As you know, I try hard to be a bit of a bridge between the Business & the players, & explain stuff from time to time which may not initially seem obvious to the players as to why they do, or don't do, various things.

However, the Business is not a Government agency spending public money, & they don't have to explain how they run their business to me or anyone else. It may be commercially sensitive too.

Personally, I don't know the reason, & on this occasion I don't intend to ask them, as I fear they may say to me "it's none of your Business Tony". They would never use such a phrase to Clients, obv, but that'd be the gist of it.

They may choose to answer your question, I really don't know, but on this occasion, I can't help, sorry.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : Hi Alex, As you know, I try hard to be a bit of a bridge between the Business & the players, & explain stuff from time to time which may not initially seem obvious to the players as to why they do, or don't do, various things.   However, the Business is not a Government agency spending public money, & they don't have to explain how they run their business to me or anyone else. It may be commercially sensitive too. Personally, I don't know the reason, & on this occasion I don't intend to ask them, as I fear they may say to me "it's none of your Business Tony". They would never use such a phrase to Clients, obv, but that'd be the gist of it.   They may choose to answer your question, I really don't know, but on this occasion, I can't help, sorry.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey Tikay

Thats totally fine, wouldnt want you to go out your way on this one - Its just bit of a weird thing, £10K set aside for a bunch of inactives/players who solely play freerolls - seems a bit of a slap in the face to the rest of us regular players..clearly others dont agree haha.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : Hey Tikay Thats totally fine, wouldnt want you to go out your way on this one - Its just bit of a weird thing, £10K set aside for a bunch of inactives/players who solely play freerolls - seems a bit of a slap in the face to the rest of us regular players..clearly others dont agree haha.
    Posted by alex1229
    I understand, I do, honest, although the fixation on the matter sort of interests me.

Many years ago - 30 or so - I was in a job, sat plum next to another guy who did the very same job.

We were mates, in & out of work, & sort of ran together.

As it happens, & not to seem arrogant, but I worked harder than him, got better results, & so I got a pay rise, & he did not. He found out somehow & got all uppity with me, & our friendship ended due to his miffedness. 

On a similar vein, my Dad once told me "son, never look through your girlfriends handbag, you might find stuff that upsets you, best not to look really".  

Sometimes it's best not to know.
  • edited December 2014
    I assassinated all 100 people on the email I recieved,
    but it still says I'm not eligible, what a swizz!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : Hey Tikay Thats totally fine, wouldnt want you to go out your way on this one - Its just bit of a weird thing, £10K set aside for a bunch of inactives/players who solely play freerolls - seems a bit of a slap in the face to the rest of us regular players..clearly others dont agree haha.
    Posted by alex1229
    You don't know who has been selected and why, you have decided that they are "a bunch of inactives/players who solely play freerolls". Perhaps they are players that used to play here that regs would like to come back to the site and would help liquidity on the site?
  • edited December 2014
    I assassinated all 100 people on the email I recieved, but it still says I'm not eligible, what a swizz!
    Posted by poppy765

ah, i saw what you did there poppy

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : You don't know who has been selected and why, you have decided that they are "a bunch of inactives/players who solely play freerolls". Perhaps they are players that used to play here that regs would like to come back to the site and would help liquidity on the site?
    Posted by MattBates
    Erm its pretty obveous..a quick search of the players tells everything - none of them have played since May, and theyre pretty much worthless, only coming back for freerolls.

These guys were never regs, they come for the freeroll, then dissappear again till they get another offer like this to bring them back, aside from that a promotion purely for lapsed players, should never be made visiable to actives
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : Erm its pretty obveous..a quick search of the players tells everything - none of them have played since May, and theyre pretty much worthless, only coming back for freerolls. These guys were never regs, they come for the freeroll, then dissappear again till they get another offer like this to bring them back, aside from that a promotion purely for lapsed players, should never be made visiable to actives
    Posted by alex1229
     There are several conclusions possible with that information and you are determined to not look past what you have decided to be the truth.

Another possible conclusion is the one that i have mentioned twice already on this thread which doesnt give you the righteous indignation so you have ignored. 

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll :  There are several conclusions possible with that information and you are determined to not look past what you have decided to be the truth.  Another possible conclusion is the one that i have mentioned twice already on this thread which doesnt give you the righteous indignation so you have ignored.   
    Posted by Talon
    Im not here to debate this with people, i purely would have liked sky to have said what its about? Whats the difficulty with that

Kinda puts me off paying £100 for the 'Super Rolla' when a bunch of lapsed players are getting somthing a lot better for free.

Moral of the story, dont play for 6 months and wait for an invite to play in this 'club 100' tourny

• edited December 2014
    Maybe, just maybe These players have never missed a meeting at "Gamblers anonymous" and it's a little bonus for them being good boys/girls, and will help get them back in to the swing of things.
  • edited December 2014

We're not getting told the reason for the freeroll.

If it is inactive players who havn't played on the site in ages then offering them a 10k freeroll, would not seem to be the best way to spend a 10K promotional budget in my opinion.

I don't feel sky would ever get this revenue back, or even close to it.

It would seem likely they would play the freeroll and go back into hibernation lol

Of course, it is entirely the business prerogative what they spend their pomo budget on.

But is there any accountability in place? Eg We run a 10k promo to engage with lapsed customers, we expect this to enourage them back and result in X amount of profit. And then quantify this.

**This is all on the basis it is "lapsed" players, but of course we will never know.

Re Promo's, look at Dec's promo.

Day 1, freeroll, I guess that would be kind of cool for rec players, though there were 300 runners, 1st place was like £100/£150

Day 2, Higherst 100 point earners get a tenner - these £10 payments would have pretty much all went to "regulars".

Day 3, £100 x 10 to those who make the most points from Sit and Go's - again going to go to regs.

Day 4, predict number of hands win an iPhone, I guess it might have been interesting to "rec" players.

Day 5, Exact same as day 1 with an iPhone added.

So the 10k freeroll (if for inactive players) would it not be better to use this to promote poker amongst the existing customer base, and be designed in a way to reward rec players currently playing on the site.

• edited December 2014
    Shock horror at poker players thinking they know better than the site and its operations.
  • edited December 2014
    Shock horror at poker players thinking they know better than the site and its operations.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ive worked for 3 gaming operators - so i know how it works, you dont need to be einstein. 

£10k split, so far between 50 players worth £0. You do the math?

• edited December 2014

Best idea ever: Do a freeroll every week for people that have lost £20 or more at the cashtables.

Play is as a Sat, top 20/40 players get £20/£30/£40

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : Ive worked for 3 gaming operators - so i know how it works, you dont need to be einstein.  £10k split, so far between 50 players worth £0. You do the math?
    Posted by alex1229
    How do we know these players are worth £0?

The freeroll may be open to the 100 biggest whales at Sky Vegas this year, with half the field yet to take their shot at off-setting some of their losses.

And there are at least a handful of players in the lobby which I've been playing at the cash tables, so there must be at least some value specifically to the poker arm of SkyBet.

The £10 for top 100 pts earners seemed a bit weird, but only because £10 seems like a meaningless amount if (I assume) it goes to the sort of names that we see sharing £1k+ pots on TOTP. Otherwise the current promo seems like a good opportunity to share rewards around the player pool - lucky for all of us :)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : How do we know these players are worth £0? The freeroll may be open to the 100 biggest whales at Sky Vegas this year, with half the field yet to take their shot at off-setting some of their losses. And there are at least a handful of players in the lobby which I've been playing at the cash tables, so there must be at least some value specifically to the poker arm of SkyBet. The £10 for top 100 pts earners seemed a bit weird, but only because £10 seems like a meaningless amount if (I assume) it goes to the sort of names that we see sharing £1k+ pots on TOTP. Otherwise the current promo seems like a good opportunity to share rewards around the player pool - lucky for all of us :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    Take a look for yourself oh SS,  check out their average stake & last 10 tournaments played

Most will be under £1 AV stake & the last dozen tournaments they played will have been freerolls - None will have played in the past 6 months, full stop.

• edited December 2014
    The tournament is just for inactive players who earned 100 points in november.. my mate received the email at the beginning of november and asked me if he should do it as he doesnt really play poker at all these days, it sounded like a great reason to get back playing although im sure most will have got there 100 points and then will be waiting to play the freeroll before they go back to being inactive.
  • edited December 2014
    The tournament is just for inactive players who earned 100 points in november.. my mate received the email at the beginning of november and asked me if he should do it as he doesnt really play poker at all these days, it sounded like a great reason to get back playing although im sure most will have got there 100 points and then will be waiting to play the freeroll before they go back to being inactive.
    Posted by jordz16
    Ok thanks for clearing that up - I really wouldnt want to be the guy who picked out the figure of £10k - possibly the most -EV promotion ever. No wonder theyre being hush about it.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : Take a look for yourself oh SS,  check out their average stake & last 10 tournaments played Most will be under £1 AV stake & the last dozen tournaments they played will have been freerolls - None will have played in the past 6 months, full stop.
    Posted by alex1229
    Excellent thread, I wasn't even aware of this tournament as I missed it in the email I got sent.

I Sharkscoped myself and of my last 8 tournaments only one was a freeroll, I must try to enter more I guess.

Average stake £3.72, so I must be playing too high.

All were played in the last 20 days, that's not including the circa 200 DYM's played.

I guess being a member for 5 years and 3 of those probably playing most nights Sky Poker missed me.  Since I had interests outside poker for some time now I have not been playing so regularly (but not completely inactive).

Personally I think they just want me back for my impeccable manners.
  • edited December 2014
    Just find the timing funny.

Sky are running 25 days of promotions in there advent calender thingy and you are moaning about a freeroll.

In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : I dont care about getting in, i just would like someone from sky to say what it is?  ive never seen a 10k freeroll on here, so just curious? especially as all the entrants seem to carry £0 value.
    Posted by alex1229
  • edited December 2014
    Just find the timing funny. Sky are running 25 days of promotions in there advent calender thingy and you are moaning about a freeroll. In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll :
    Posted by day4eire76
    yeah, what £10 to the top 100 rake earners? £10,000 freerolls to players who dont even play, just makes no sense. 
  • edited December 2014
    Like ur new pic !!!!! Alex

U wanna go clubbing???

• edited December 2014

Im sure there is a reason but not sure what it is myself.

No point in worrying over something that you have no control over.

Hopefully the winners spend some money on the site and everyone is happy.

In Response to Re: Club 100 Freeroll : yeah, what £10 to the top 100 rake earners? £10,000 freerolls to players who dont even play, just makes no sense. 
    Posted by alex1229
  • edited December 2014
    I must admit, when I first saw it I was pretty surprised. Obviously F/R's pop up all the time, but this one does carry a rather large prize pool with it. The winner will probably take home what the winner of the Wednesday Rebuy makes.

There will be very sound reasoning behind it I'm sure. I don't think we need to be privy to it, or if Sky will be inclined to tell us anyway. Ultimately it's really none of our business.

Just imagine how many people will be sat out too when it kicks off! Someone might end up cruising to a £2k payday. They'd be mad to not hit withdraw immediately ;)
  • edited December 2014
    Like ur new pic !!!!! Alex U wanna go clubbing???  
    Posted by davelufc
    PMSL!!!

ya bad man ya!!
  • edited December 2014
    whatever the reasons Sky Poker will have covered most of the prizepool via rake or tournament fees anyway take the £33 buyins you enter that you earn 30 pp 1 point per £1 spent so 100 points x 100 entrants =

whether anyone thinks this is right or wrong to put this promo on is really irrelevant it's there and if players are taking advantage of it fair play to them

now let me think.......... errrrr to play or take 6 months off lol
  • edited December 2014
    The bit you guys are missing is that they're not allowed to do stuff for lapsed players in the public eye - but if you dont work in gaming then thats probably not somthing your not aware of - everyone says its their business what they do with promotions & yes it is, but somthing like this shouldnt be stuck in the lobby for us all to see.

Its very negative for those who play actively to see those who dont play, get rewarded, with massive prizes to tempt them back.

Anyway i purely replied on here to get an answer from someone at sky, which i didnt get, so i spoke to CS and got told two seperate things - theres a reason why theyre being so secretive about it..

Also from a marketing perspective its a total waste of £10k thats why im annoyed by it - ive dealt with this segment of players many a time, it will bring them back for the freeroll, they will take the money and run, it will never be put back into the games - throwing 10k down the toilet, thought better from sky, theyre normally quite good with their promos.
  • edited December 2014
    we should all go on strike until they allow us to play in this
    whos with me