You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blocked stats on sharkscope

13»

Comments

• edited June 2017
    In terms of personal stats I find scope good to look at ROI in games. Variance is always a factor in games but when playing on a few sites it is useful to aid game selection.

I think for SNG (particularly HU) players will block stats more often that not.

Scope does help a bit when you encounter a random player but you can tell a lot from a few orbits of someone playing.

I think blockers are a complete mix of abilities.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Blocked stats on sharkscope:
    you can tell a lot from a few orbits of someone playing.
    Posted by MattBates
    Good point.

Even if you look someone up and their stats are not great... They may have improved and it is more optimal to take a different approach from what their overall stats would suggest is optimal. Conversely someone could have excellent stats but be tilting/drunk or whatever.

Sometimes there isn't enough love for the 'old fashioned' way of just watching what people do.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Blocked stats on sharkscope:
    In Response to Re: Blocked stats on sharkscope : Good point. Even if you look someone up and their stats are not great... They may have improved and it is more optimal to take a different approach from what their overall stats would suggest is optimal. Conversely someone could have excellent stats but be tilting/drunk or whatever. Sometimes there isn't enough love for the 'old fashioned' way of just watching what people do.
    Posted by markycash

Funny thing is sometimes I've played HU games, total fish on SS - lose to them, total shark on SS, beat them...

But I guess like most poker it's about the long run. I'd most likely lose more to the shark than the fish.

• edited June 2017
    It's good to read all the posts about sharkscope on this forum the reason I come out tof sharkscope because I got slagged off big time for taking 3/4 of somebody chips in a £5.75 bounty hunter I can understand in gthe top end of the sky poker tree but not in in poxy £5.75 bounty hunter