You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

....and your claim to fame is?

13»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re:....and your claim to fame is?:
    Ok, my claim to fame is this guy />>> From my time in motorsport, drag/drift ect....  Ladies, I hated boybands but he was so yummmmmmy... or maybe the tatts did it :) He was my brollygirl :)
    Posted by samantha25
    What was your involvement in motorsport?

• edited January 2015
    Nosey by name and nature. 

Sponsorship/PR/Track events.... 

Other claims to fame thinking about it, is meeting Adrian Newey the Formula One designer at Goodwood and getting him in the car for a few laps :) and shaking a very sweaty hand with Mr Bean @ Goowood Revival.

Oh and the best one, seeing Cain and Zac dingle in Leeds TOYSRUS and stalking them up every aisle.

• edited January 2015
    And... I've even met Tikay ;) beat that lol
  • edited January 2015
    And... I've even met Tikay ;) beat that lol
    Posted by samantha25
    Tikay's met me. That's his claim to fame!

• edited January 2015
    Nosey by name and nature.  Sponsorship/PR/Track events....  Other claims to fame thinking about it, is meeting Adrian Newey the Formula One designer at Goodwood and getting him in the car for a few laps :) and shaking a very sweaty hand with Mr Bean @ Goowood Revival. Oh and the best one, seeing Cain and Zac dingle in Leeds TOYSRUS and stalking them up every aisle.
    Posted by samantha25
    Coolio! Only asked because I'm a long-time motorsport nut (mostly F1 and BTCC) and also used to be a complete trackday fiend.

• edited January 2015
    To this day people still call me dog s***, even people who dont even know my real name call me dog s*** and I'm now 42.
    Posted by cowhead
    you'd go down well in parts of China. In Guilin friends affectionately refer to each other as "dog meat" 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re:....and your claim to fame is? : Tikay's met me. That's his claim to fame!
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Bet I scared him more ;)

Interesting fact here, bit like a train one ;) used to race old skool beetles in the funcup... was once @Spa... and the formula one lot were there warming up, they only have god damm beer pumps on the trailers... external pump I should add :) Needless to say I recorded no laptimes and fell asleep in the pits on this occasion :)

• edited January 2015
    In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy b*stard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Got to love Alan Partridge!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re:....and your claim to fame is? : Got to love Alan Partridge!
    Posted by MattBates
    He forgot the "Now f### off!" bit haha

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re:....and your claim to fame is? : Bet I scared him more ;) Interesting fact here, bit like a train one ;) used to race old skool beetles in the funcup... was once @Spa... and the formula one lot were there warming up, they only have god damm beer pumps on the trailers... external pump I should add :) Needless to say I recorded no laptimes and fell asleep in the pits on this occasion :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Haha
    Lovely stuff.