You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2015 SCOOP6 CLUB- Come and join us - CLOSED

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: 2015 SCOOP6 CLUB- Come and join us:
    A belated welcome to the new joiners lets hope we hit straight away this weekend. Big thanks to Mysharkey for stepping into the big shoes of Father V.
    Posted by SP_SP
    Great news!!!

GL Mysharkey!!

& TY Father
  • edited February 2015
    Looks like you have £107.10 Matt

My choices of any note are

1.50 Rydon Pines
    2.25 Coneygree
    3.35 Balgarry and Fascino Rustico
  • edited February 2015
    we have our final line up for feb

stay&go 14/2
    HitmanRV 21/2
    Matt 28/2
  • edited February 2015
    My input FWIW!

Newbury 1.15 Bouvreuil 4th
                     1.50 Milan Bound 4th
                      2.25 Taquin Du Seuil 4th
    Lingfield 2.35 Random Sucess 3rd
                            Pensax Lad X
    Warwick 3.15 Castlee Cheetah X
                             Krackatoa King 3rd
    Newbury 3.35 Calipto 4th
                             Goodwood Mirage X
                             Brave Wicklow X
  • edited February 2015
    Hi guys, my thoughts and comments are:

Bouvreuil 1.15 New (Currently 7/2)

Conegree 2.25 New (40 length winner last time out, allbeit the favourite did fall. Currently 7/2)

Pine Creek 3.35 New (Been running in some top class Handicaps, notable second in a hot affair at Ascot where Balgary was 11th, but to be fair to Ballgary, he probably needed the race. Although I do feel Pine Creek at 16/1 would be a good selection. I'm probably going to have a few quid E/W on it.

Feel free to use or ignore Matt, good luck everyone.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks for the input so far please keep it coming as one race there will be 1 selection :-)
  • edited February 2015
    SENT PM TERRY

BALLY BEAUFORT 1.50

CONEYGREE 2.25

CASTLE CHEETAH OR KRACKATOA KING 3.15
  • edited February 2015
    We now have £117.10 to spend Matt
  • edited February 2015
    My input FWIW! Newbury 1.15 Bouvreuil                  1.50 Milan Bound                   2.25 Taquin Du Seuil Lingfield 2.35 Random Sucess                         Pensax Lad Warwick 3.15 Dawson City Newbury 3.35 Sign Of A Victory
    Posted by wynne1938
    Two non runners for the last 2 races
  • edited February 2015
    non runners

1.50 closing ceremony
    2.35 clearing
    3.15 dawson city
    3.35 sign of victory
  • edited February 2015
    Ok as coming up to 11:30 this is initial thoughts should be £96 

1:15 newbury cardinal walter & Bouvreuil

1:50 newbury Milan bound & rydon pynes

2:25 newbury coneygree

2:35 Lingfield random success & come on dave

3:15 Warwick onderun Krakatoa king

3:35 Newbury Wicklow brave Balgarry and pine creek

• edited February 2015
    Ok as coming up to 11:30 this is initial thoughts should be £96  1:15 newbury cardinal walter & Bouvreuil 1:50 newbury Milan bound & rydon pynes 2:25 newbury coneygree 2:35 Lingfield random success & come on dave 3:15 Warwick onderun Krakatoa king 3:35 Newbury Wicklow brave Balgarry and pine creek
    Posted by 1981MATT
    unless anybody got strong feelings I would go with that matt and if you change youknow what will happen. LOL

Let me know if you ok to go ahead with those.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: 2015 SCOOP6 CLUB- Come and join us : unless anybody got strong feelings I would go with that matt and if you change youknow what will happen. LOL Let me know if you ok to go ahead with those.
    Posted by vaigret
    Unless any other major suggestions happy to go with that:-)
  • edited February 2015
    will give it half an hour and then put on
  • edited February 2015
    Fine by Me!!!

....as a practice for 21st when i'm up, & for naps Comp starting today, I did ask HitPup & HitHorse for some tips..

so they are recorded, they came up with the following for me...

Newbury 1.15 Risk a Fine
    Warwick 2.05 Turn over Sivola
    Warwick 3.50 Camping Ground

All good prices, so i've had a tickle on em!!

I did try to do a scoop 6 to see how its done & not been successful so far, so will try again, see why it wont go on.

if I struggle on 21st, I'll get Wynne or Neil to put on for me, but that's a way off yet

GL ALL!!
  • edited February 2015
    Fine by Me!!! ....as a practice for 21st when i'm up, & for naps Comp starting today, I did ask HitPup & HitHorse for some tips.. so they are recorded, they came up with the following for me... Newbury 1.15 Risk a Fine Warwick 2.05 Turn over Sivola Warwick 3.50 Camping Ground All good prices, so i've had a tickle on em!! I did try to do a scoop 6 to see how its done & not been successful so far, so will try again, see why it wont go on. if I struggle on 21st, I'll get Wynne or Neil to put on for me, but that's a way off yet GL ALL!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Dave

As with everybody I'll put on. All you need to do is put up the selections on here.
  • edited February 2015
    Bet Confirmation  - CX7520677230I  - Internet Time of bet:  07/02/2015 12:24:01 Print
    Scoop6  07/02/2015
    LegSelectionRacePlace TermsResult
    1Cardinal Walter (2)1.15 Newbury (RACE 1)3 PlacesTo Run
    Bouvreuil (4)To Run
    2Rydon Pynes (7)1.50 Newbury (RACE 2)3 PlacesTo Run
    Milan Bound (8)To Run
    3Coneygree (5)2.25 Newbury (RACE 3)2 PlacesTo Run
    4Come On Dave (3)2.35 Lingfield (RACE 3)3 PlacesTo Run
    Random Success (7)To Run
    5Onderun (5)3.15 Warwick (RACE 5)3 PlacesTo Run
    Krackatoa King (7)To Run
    6Pine Creek (2)3.35 Newbury (RACE 5)4 PlacesTo Run
    Wicklow Brave (12)To Run
    Balgarry (16)To Run
    48@ Unit Stake:  2.00  Total Stake:  96.00   
    'To Return' values are subject to maximum payouts as detailed in our rules.

Good luck us
  • edited February 2015

Cheers Matt & Terry....GL us.
  • edited February 2015
    in the place part still
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry about that better luck next week
  • edited February 2015
    Unlucky mate...
  • edited February 2015
    so far

2nd
    lost out by half a length
    Winner
    2nd and 3rd
    3rd
    nowhere
  • edited February 2015
    another rollover
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry about that better luck next week
    Posted by 1981MATT
    No worries Matt, sorry my selections, with the exception of Coneygree, didn't amount to much.

Cheers,

Graham 
  • edited February 2015
    Hi, please forgive me for this suggestion, being the new boy on the block so to speak, I may be talking out of place.

However, probably stating the obvious, I'm sure you are all aware, the SCOOP6 is very hard to win.

It did occur to me that only having 48 lines each week, it is almost an impossible task (sorry if that sounds pessimistic) as the Tote generally pick the 6 most competitive races. So there are no real "bankers" or "short priced favourites.

It occurred to me, that whilst we have limited money in the pool, that the Jackpot would be an "easier target".

We could have a perm 4 times the size (due to 50p unit stake), and there are usually a couple of races which are not so "competitive". So for £96 you could have 192 lines. If you were to pick one "Banker", that would leave you to do a very "wide" perm for the other 5 races (I'd only recommend this if there was a significant rollover in the Jackpot Pool) I know that the jackpot offers no "place" prize money, however the SCOOP6 place fund is a small percentage of the Win/Bonus fund so not really a profitable line if we think that getting a place is our only real chance of a return

However, having one "banker", 192 lines through five races would allow you 4 selections in two of the "competitive" races, 3 selections in another "competitive race" and 2 selections in the remaining two races.

Which would massively improve our chances of winning, albeit not quite as much.

If/when we got the jackpot up it could fund us for doing a larger perm on the future SCOOP6's.

My recommendation, if you would forgive me, for being so bold as to suggest, is that perhaps we could look at the "Roll Overs" (Jackpot and SCOOP6) and also the "competitiveness" of the races and then decide to do either the SCOOP6 or the Jackpot.

I have won the Jackpot and the SCOOP6 before (sorry not meant to be a brag.) I just wanted to point out that each time I did, I had one banker and a wide perm on the remaining 5 races. When I've tried either, with a small perm it's always been unsuccessful.

it's just I do feel that because we have limited funds to play with, the Jackpot offers much more opportunity to get a reasonable return that could then fund us for larger perms on SCOOP6's in the future. Also from a "fun" perspective, it is likely with a bigger perm and a couple of less competitive races that we will get a better run for our money even were we not to succeed.

Just a thought, tell me to get back in my box if I'm speaking out of line. Interested to know people's thoughts about this.

Cheers Graham
  • edited February 2015
    Hi, please forgive me for this suggestion, being the new boy on the block so to speak, I may be talking out of place. However, probably stating the obvious, I'm sure you are all aware, the SCOOP6 is very hard to win. It did occur to me that only having 48 lines each week, it is almost an impossible task (sorry if that sounds pessimistic) as the Tote generally pick the 6 most competitive races. So there are no real "bankers" or "short priced favourites. It occurred to me, that whilst we have limited money in the pool, that the Jackpot would be an "easier target". We could have a perm 4 times the size (due to 50p unit stake), and there are usually a couple of races which are not so "competitive". So for £96 you could have 192 lines. If you were to pick one "Banker", that would leave you to do a very "wide" perm for the other 5 races (I'd only recommend this if there was a significant rollover in the Jackpot Pool) I know that the jackpot offers no "place" prize money, however the SCOOP6 place fund is a small percentage of the Win/Bonus fund so not really a profitable line if we think that getting a place is our only real chance of a return However, having one "banker", 192 lines through five races would allow you 4 selections in two of the "competitive" races, 3 selections in another "competitive race" and 2 selections in the remaining two races. Which would massively improve our chances of winning, albeit not quite as much. If/when we got the jackpot up it could fund us for doing a larger perm on the future SCOOP6's. My recommendation, if you would forgive me, for being so bold as to suggest, is that perhaps we could look at the "Roll Overs" (Jackpot and SCOOP6) and also the "competitiveness" of the races and then decide to do either the SCOOP6 or the Jackpot. I have won the Jackpot and the SCOOP6 before (sorry not meant to be a brag.) I just wanted to point out that each time I did, I had one banker and a wide perm on the remaining 5 races. When I've tried either, with a small perm it's always been unsuccessful.  it's just I do feel that because we have limited funds to play with, the Jackpot offers much more opportunity to get a reasonable return that could then fund us for larger perms on SCOOP6's in the future. Also from a "fun" perspective, it is likely with a bigger perm and a couple of less competitive races that we will get a better run for our money even were we not to succeed. Just a thought, tell me to get back in my box if I'm speaking out of line. Interested to know people's thoughts about this. Cheers Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    just think we should keep it as scoop6  
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: 2015 SCOOP6 CLUB- Come and join us : just think we should keep it as scoop6  
    Posted by vaigret
    Ok, that's fine, no problem.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Graham,
                I agree with your strategy as in waiting for big rollovers , value  etc.
    There is guys on here who have picked 5 winners tho with the "minimal stake"
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Graham,             I agree with your strategy as in waiting for big rollovers , value  etc. There is guys on here who have picked 5 winners tho with the "minimal stake"
    Posted by Ukjoe
    Hi, yes I have confidence in you guys! Sorry if my previous post sounded negative. Didn't mean it to be.

You guys probably already know these sites, but just in case, thought these would be useful.

Cheers,

Graham

http://www.scoop6.co.uk/races/

http://scoop6.tote-betting.net/tote-scoop6-dividends.php?d=2015-01-31