You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thre

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
Only having 4 cards in my straight
oh wait
that's not me 

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Flying through February, now we're knee-deep in the UKPC mini event and heading towards next week's massive main. And we're with you here on the channel all the way... Sky Poker TV LIVE Thursday 19th February 2015 7pm-midnight
    Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com
     With Richard ‘Top Trump’ Orford                           

...and Tony "Top Chump" Kendall...                                             

And we go broadcast live from 7pm for a whole five hours of Sky Poker.com televisual enhancement. Featuring the main event The £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter from 8pm.
    Feel free to start sending in your messages now- I'll be reading them out on the show to everyone watching as soon as we go live and throughout the night.
    Everyone who has a message read out, or a hand request shown, goes in the hat from which at 11.30pm we'll draw three winners of UKPC Quarter-Final satellite seats.
    This time we're asking what's.. 

YOUR WEAKEST LINK?

We're all brilliant at poker, right? Right? But if you had to be totally upfront and honest, what's the one part of your almost perfect game that you would describe as the weakest link?

What do you wish you could master or even, simply do better at? What's the one area where you would benefit from concentrating on to improve?

I think mine continues to be bankroll management and playing too tight/passive. Other than that, obviously I'm all A-Game. Ahem...

Should be some interesting answers anyway...as long as you're honest!

Cya @ 7 on Thursday.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Tuesday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread***:
    Flying through February. And now we're knee-deep in the UKPC mini event and heading towards next week's massive main. And we're with you here on the channel all the way...   Sky Poker TV LIVE   Thursday 18th February 2015 7pm-midnight Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com   With  Richard  ‘Top Trump’  Orford                                                                                        ...and  Tony  "Top Chump" Kendall ...                                                                                                                                                       And we go broadcast live from 7pm  for a whole five hours of Sky Poker.com televisual enhancement. Featuring the main event  The £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter from 8pm. Feel free to start sending in your messages now- I'll be reading them out on the show to everyone watching as soon as we go live and throughout the night. Everyone who has a message read out, or a hand request shown, goes in the hat from which at 11.30pm we'll draw  three winners of UKPC Quarter-Final satellite seats . This time what's..   YOUR WEAKEST LINK?       We're all brilliant at poker, right? Right? But if you had to be totally upfront and honest, what's the one part of your almost perfect game that you would describe as the weakest link? What do you wish you could master or even, simply do better at? What's the one area where you would benefit from concentratng on to improve? I think mine continues to be bankroll management and playing too tight/passive. Other than that, obviously I've got an A-Game. Ahem...   Should be some interesting answers anyway...as long as you're honest! Cya @ 7 on Tuesday.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Tuesday is the new Thursday.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread***:
    In Response to Tuesday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread*** : Tuesday is the new Thursday.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    And I did it in the actual show thread title too.

The conclusion we can all draw from this is I really haven't got a clue what day of the week it is.

Rock and roll!
  • edited February 2015
    Also, Thursday is the 19th!  #justsaying
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread***:
    Posted by Glenelg

Brilliant thread so far!
  • edited February 2015

This is what they give me to work with.

Talk about "don't know the time of day", this bloke does not even know what day it is.

• edited February 2015
    What do you wish you could master or even, simply do better at? What's the one area where you would benefit from concentrating on to improve?

......thread starting for you Rich? ;)
  • edited February 2015

Construct a sentence, & get the right words words in the right order, maybe?

He is to Show threads what Les Dawson was to piano playing.

Think I'll wear the burgundy jacket, just to irritate him.  
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread***:
    Construct a sentence, & get the right words words in the right order, maybe? He is to Show threads what Les Dawson was to piano playing.   Think I'll wear the burgundy jacket, just to irritate him.  
    Posted by Tikay10

That is if he  to turns up!

Just read he is 250/1 to be the Lucy killer in Eastender's live show tomorrow (looks like you guys will have competition). Heard it happened whilst playing that game of his 'spot the sausage'. Anyway, put my 56p on it as i read it in Channings bet of the week.....

Have a good show/night Gentlemen ;)

• edited February 2015
    Posted by Glenelg
    Going well, isn't it?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread*** : Going well, isn't it?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Pretty average show so far TBH. 
    I'm beginning to think you make these  mistakes on purpose to see if any people/pedants read your threads?
    Or maybe paid by Sky on sliding scale of how many posts on show thread?   For the record the night there was no show the "no-show" thread will be in top 3!  ;-)) 

Oh and in the words of UB40....."If it happens again I'm leaving..." (The no show I mean.   I almost had to suffer a "sewing bee" last thursday.  

Edit: Forgot about weakest link.  His betting on flop suggests he might have me beat.  With his bet on turn I'm pretty sure he's got me beat.  River bet, he's definitely got me beat but I'll call anyway just to see....OF COURSE he's got me beat SIGH GG GL
  • edited February 2015
    Outstanding thread. 

Bravo Mr Orford.

Bringing the tone back to more serious matters, I am going to stop calling 3-bets out of position with pretty looking hands. Next year Orford, we'll be millionaires!
  • edited February 2015
    Loving the show so far. Great banter.
  • edited February 2015

ON THURSDAY THE 19TH IT WAS RAINING HEAVILY,Hang ON WAS THAT TUESDAY THE 17TH,GETTING NERVOUS ABOUT THIS POST,THINK I MAY HAVE LOST THE PLOT,CUP OFF COFFEE PLEASE:):):) GREAT SHOW SEE YOU TOMORROW :):):)

• edited February 2015

ARE ASTON VILLA PLAYING WEST BROM IN THE FA CUP,OR ARE WEST BROM PLAYING ASTON VILLA,FROM CONFUSED . COM :):):) XX

• edited February 2015
    Looking forward to tonights show, plus the celtic game tonight. So will.be streaming the show from 7.

This month ive mainly played cash starting at level 1. 4nl.  Too see if i can improve my game and see a profit. 

So far so good as im probally aarond 70-80 profit this month with not to much time playing.  I also enjoy 10 and 20nl when mastercash is on.

Having had alot of excellent advice on how to approach cash from forum regs and reading and studying i find im doing ok. Lots of advice on my diary and paul (lambert180) and Drrungood have went out there way to help me so thanks to them.

But..... what is my biggest weakness.... i find myself calling with lots of lower  pocket pairs and calling a raise with them hoping to hit so trying to stay clear of this i probally have a few other weaknesses and leaks but find the forum can quickly help and      and spot these mistakes and help improve your game.

will there be any mastercash on tonight... mabye there is some more you can find?????

• edited February 2015
    Happy New Year !!
  • edited February 2015
    the only problem I have is folding a full house because I instinctively know there is a better hand on the table. does anybody else have this problem ? you two are the best double act on tv this century I mean that most sincerely friends
  • edited February 2015
    I'm not sure if this counts, but my weakness is probably spotting my weaknesses, i think its quite hard to look back over your hand and say i did this or that wrong, and often you need another person to help you.
  • edited February 2015
     This is what they give me to work with. Talk about "don't know the time of day", this bloke does not even know what day it is.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    He's been working with you for too long, Tikay. Eight years of listening to you explaining the difference between concrete and cement has obviously turned his brain into cream cheese.

Looking forward to the show anyway. The A team always entertains.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Thursday night's live show with Rich and Tikay 7pm-midnight Ch 861 and streamed ***show message thread***:
    Flying through February, now we're knee-deep in the UKPC mini event and heading towards next week's massive main. And we're with you here on the channel all the way...   Sky Poker TV LIVE   Thursday 19th February 2015 7pm-midnight Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com   With  Richard  ‘Top Trump’  Orford                                                                                    ...and  Tony  "Top Chump" Kendall ...                                                                                                                                                And we go broadcast live from 7pm  for a whole five hours of Sky Poker.com televisual enhancement. Featuring the main event  The £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter from 8pm. Feel free to start sending in your messages now- I'll be reading them out on the show to everyone watching as soon as we go live and throughout the night. Everyone who has a message read out, or a hand request shown, goes in the hat from which at 11.30pm we'll draw  three winners of UKPC Quarter-Final satellite seats . This time we're asking what's..   YOUR WEAKEST LINK?       We're all brilliant at poker, right? Right? But if you had to be totally upfront and honest, what's the one part of your almost perfect game that you would describe as the weakest link? What do you wish you could master or even, simply do better at? What's the one area where you would benefit from concentrating on to improve? I think mine continues to be bankroll management and playing too tight/passive. Other than that, obviously I'm all A-Game. Ahem...   Should be some interesting answers anyway...as long as you're honest! Cya @ 7 on Thursday.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    My weakest link is playing marginal hands on the flop (especially when out of position). Hands like 2nd pair or a pocket pair when there is one over card on the board. 

I never know whether to lead out, check/call, check raise, or fold. I often make a mess of it by either folding when my hand it is good or calling/raising when it's bad.

Cheers,

Graham

P.S. Through to Day2 of UKPC Mini on Sunday, but only 23BB, so will need some luck
  • edited February 2015

Good responses so far!

Keep them coming please- we go live in just 2 hours time!

• edited February 2015
    Also, I would like, again, to thank all those who have supported the TLB Charity Comp.

£2,220 has now been pledged.

Please see the Leader Board details below:

TOURNAMENTLEADERBOARD STANDINGS201519/02/2015

POSNAMESKY IDCHARITYPROFITOVERALL POS
    1stChris Cunlifferspca12G. Dogs for Blind$18,356.001st
    2ndGraham CarterStayOrGoSalvation Army$12,073.003rd
    3rdDavid WatkinWacko90MS Trust$6,354.0011th
    4thAndy YoungchicknMeltMind in Cambs$6,067.0012th
    5thPaul GarnerSoLackSt Michael's Hospice$5,921.0013th
    6thGareth SmithGsmith13MS Research$5,777.0014th
    7thAdam Bromleybromley04RSPCA$4,977.0020th
    8thGary RobertsgazscoopVictory Outreach UK$4,755.0023rd
    9thConor GilmorebearlytherMarie Curie Cancer$4,611.0025th
    Going to UKPC? Please see how you can support us below:

http://doodle.com/g3rvy5remsbhfqku

Thanks again for all the support received.

Cheers,

Graham

• edited February 2015
    My weakest link is to almost automatically continue betting on a moderately good hand, when if I just stopped and thought for a moment, it would be obvious that I am most likely beat.

That and I can never remember what a full house beats.
  • edited February 2015

I know my weakest link is playing to many hands and raising enough looking forward to show
  • edited February 2015
    Hi fella's my problem stems back to when i was a brickie.all the bending and kneeling and other odd positions associated with the trade caused my (weak-knees) my cartledges are shot to pieces.i then tried my hand a poker and  and now my wife has (weak-knees) from all the kneeling and praying for me to stop as im rubbish at poker..oh sorry you said (weakness) lol i dont have any ha ha love your banter on 861 xx
  • edited February 2015

i know my weakest link.  When the cards are running bad i tend to only flat call which you should never do.  Because i want to get away with seeing a cheap flop.  I know its wrong but cant help it sometimes. good luck to night tina
  • edited February 2015
    my weakest link id say is playing to many hands out of position 
  • edited February 2015
    My weakest link...

As a Hi-Lo player i get too attached to a hand with A2 in it.

Tikay will explain Rich :-)
  • edited February 2015
    I'd love to be able to tell you my weakest link but sadly I'm spoilt for choice.