You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE!

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat
How are you going to bag a seat on the plane to Las Vegas?

There are three ways to qualify:

Make sure you don't let the plane leave without you on it!
On your marks... get set... VEGAS!

Comments

• edited February 2015

am i reading this correctly?

to win a package into the world's largest mtt, skypoker are running a promotion that is aimed at sit and go and cash players.  there is no sprecial promotion for mtt players?

i must be wrong, that would be silly.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE!:
    am i reading this correctly? to win a package into the world's largest mtt, skypoker are running a promotion that is aimed at sit and go and cash players.  there is no sprecial promotion for mtt players? i must be wrong, that would be silly.
    Posted by aussie09
    The satellites will be MTT won't they. So that's a cash route, stt route and mtt route. 
  • edited February 2015

Vegas packages on sale to the highest bidder. GG Sky.

As purely a MTT player, I was looking forward to this 'promotion'

*EDIT (some time later after reading the whole promotion) -I didnt realise there were MTT routes originally as just read the page with the info on about the STT/cash leagues.

....see you on the plane then. Or maybe just the plain.
  • edited February 2015
    All looks good to me apart from the fact russian roulettes seem to be allowed in this promotion. Then again, HU Hypers are also a massive advantage and DYM players don't stand a chance either way no matter how hard they grind.

Would have liked to see a way to get into the main event through the STT or Cash rather than just a side event but realise there's more complications with this - as well as the fact any additional prizepool would seem meaningless in comparison so people would give up after a few days if they were in with no chance. 

Quick qn - if you win a side package, can you still win a main event package?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : The satellites will be MTT won't they. So that's a cash route, stt route and mtt route. 
    Posted by FlashFlush

no flashy, all tournaments that have satellites are funded by the players themselves.  this promotion is solely an incentive to cash and sng players.

even the freerolls are designed solely for non-mtt people.

disappointing and quite silly.

• edited February 2015
    and there is only one VLV final into the big prize on Sunday 24th May. So if you can't play that day, don't play russian roulette or grind cash you can't go unless you win one of the finals into the baby promo.
  • edited February 2015

"perverse" promotions...

find the best cash player by running one huge mtt freezeout
    find the best sng player by russian roulettes
    find the mtt players to represent skypoker in the biggest mtt in the world by running volume leagues for cash and sng players

• edited February 2015
    All looks good to me apart from the fact russian roulettes seem to be allowed in this promotion. Then again, HU Hypers are also a massive advantage and DYM players don't stand a chance either way no matter how hard they grind. Would have liked to see a way to get into the main event through the STT or Cash rather than just a side event but realise there's more complications with this - as well as the fact any additional prizepool would seem meaningless in comparison so people would give up after a few days if they were in with no chance.  Quick qn - if you win a side package, can you still win a main event package?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    According to the T's and C's you can win one of each.  If you win more then one then you get nada for the second one and it goes to the next highest person in the promo/sat
  • edited February 2015
    Wow, so much negativity! Where's the love - it's VEGASSS! :D
  • edited February 2015
    yeah you're right, there's no pleasing some people eh Sky.
    but you could've tried a little harder

• edited February 2015
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    you wait years in anticipation to once again meet your long lost love
    only to find they've aged more than you have, and have lost their looks and their mind
  • edited February 2015

I brought this up last month as well, if you win get ready to fly Ryanair!

4. £1,000 credited to your poker account, to use for booking flights/travel and to use as spending money.

28th June - 5th July 2015

Virgin - Total price:
    2 adults

GBP £2,378.92

BA

£2,437.72  2 passengers

Including taxes, fees, charges and carrier imposed surcharges

• edited February 2015
    I must say, and I don't like to criticise promotions, but this is the poorest set up yet. Not talking about me as I can't make the dates, not that I would have a chance anyway, but this is such a top heavy promotion (player pool wise). 

Only the biggest money players have a chance. Might as well have made it a Priority only comp. 

Disappointed. 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : you wait years in anticipation to once again meet your long lost love only to find they've aged more than you have, and have lost their looks and their mind
    Posted by GELDY

... and has undergone gender reassignment and now called humphrey.

skykirsty, there is time to pull this before it gets underway and rethink.

• edited February 2015
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    In a forum full of poker players you're surprised at there being negativity? :)

Seems like there has been an attempt to cater for everyone, all sorts of MTT routes to the overall package, from freeroll to micro stakes and bigger buy-ins, as well as a fair rewarding major grinders (aka the biggest rake contributors to the site) with the opportunity of a fantastic payday.

I imagine there is a reticence to do 'most winningest' SNG player (as opposed to volume) after all the previous issues around collusion (which will be even more rife with a prize this big).

Just need to practice my binkability skills now to try and fluke a seat... Great to see VLV back on the Sky calendar!!
  • edited February 2015

why is there not a weekly league promotion for mtt players?

• edited February 2015
    All looks good to me apart from the fact russian roulettes seem to be allowed in this promotion. Then again, HU Hypers are also a massive advantage and DYM players don't stand a chance either way no matter how hard they grind. Would have liked to see a way to get into the main event through the STT or Cash rather than just a side event but realise there's more complications with this - as well as the fact any additional prizepool would seem meaningless in comparison so people would give up after a few days if they were in with no chance.  Quick qn - if you win a side package, can you still win a main event package?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Hi Tennis Bloke,

Good to see you yesterday.

You can win one of EACH package - the £3,200-er & the £10,000-er. 

See the T & C's.....

3. Each player is eligible to win one package worth £3,200 and one Viva Las Vegas package worth £10,000. A player can win both packages, but cannot win two packages of the same value. This includes packages that are won via satellites, freerolls or any other means.

• edited February 2015
    I brought this up last month as well, if you win get ready to fly Ryanair! 4. £1,000 credited to your poker account, to use for booking flights/travel and to use as spending money. 28th June - 5th July 2015 Virgin - Total price: 2 adults GBP 2,378.92 BA £2,437.72   2 passengers Including taxes, fees, charges and carrier imposed surcharges
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Hi Dave,

In effect, I think "for 2 people" means the hotal accom allows for 2 people per room, so you could take Sian at no additional hotel cost, &, I assume, Sian would be included in the Hospitality Package, including the 4th July party etc.

I'm pretty sure it is not being suggested that the flight expenses are supposed to be enough for tickets for 2 people.

As it happens, the Vegas flight costs seem to have increased alamingly in the past month or so, as I've been monitoring them myself recently on a daily basis.   
  • ommomm
    edited February 2015
    Well done sky, really looking forward to the Sats, trying to qualify for a 10k package for 3 quid is excellent. Your never gonna be able to please everyone but putting up 35 packages in the first place is amazing, especially considering it hasn't been done for a while. Hopefully I'll be joining you all on the plane as this is the big one I've been waiting for. Good luck everybody. 
  • edited February 2015
    As it happens, the Vegas flight costs seem to have increased alamingly in the past month or so, as I've been monitoring them myself recently on a daily basis.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    and imagine where they'll be by the 29th May!

why only one VLV final Teeks :-(

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : and imagine where they'll be by the 29th May! why only one VLV final Teeks :-(
    Posted by GELDY
    Logically, it was thought this was the best way to construct the satellite tree, with one "big" Final.

It's 6 of one half dozen of another really, whatever way you cut this there will be people disappointed.

If I were the gambling sort, I'd bet good money it will not overlay though, this Promo will prove very popular imo.

• edited February 2015

Guys,

I'm a bit pre-occupied up at UKPC until Monday, so bear with me until then, but I'll try & reply to all constructive feedback as I always do.

These things are never one size fits all, it's easy to sit in our armchairs at home & pick the Promo to pieces, so it's never going to please everyone. 

Ultimately, those that really want to do Vegas will give it a whirl, others won't. There are about £150,000 worth on offer, spread across 35 packages, but nobody is going to win one without a bit of effort.  

• edited February 2015
    Some people on here! Unreal.

Looks good Sky, bit of everything. Just glad to see it back.
  • edited February 2015
    Some people on here! Unreal. Looks good Sky, bit of everything. Just glad to see it back.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    someone let harry know his account's been hacked! so you going to be playing NL500 or Russian Roulette?
  • edited February 2015

I have now edited my original post after reading the whole thing. Some of us are busy at work and just had 5 mins to read about STT/Cash leagues.
  • edited February 2015
    I have now edited my original post after reading the whole thing. Some of us are busy at work and just had 5 mins to read about STT/Cash leagues.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It is quite a complicated & wide-ranging basket of Promotions, & it does need a bit of reading through.

I think we need to give it a chance to breathe before we judge it too harshly, or even get too effusive in our praise.*

* That's just in case someone does praise it. ;)
  • edited February 2015
    I'm sure Igor Sngutus will think it's great
    always expected to have to Sat in
    but disappointing to see promos for cash and sng players but not us mtters
  • edited February 2015
    I'm sure Igor Sngutus will think it's great always expected to have to Sat in but disappointing to see promos for cash and sng players but not us mtters
    Posted by GELDY

Read the promotion again Geldy....like I did...

• edited February 2015
    dinner stack top chip counts Wadey Ashraf 280,000 Arjun Ruparel 240,000 Matthew Curtis 240,000 Ian Gwynne 210,000 Simon Brooks 170,000 Anonymous 170,000 Steven Watts 160,000 Jonathan Gill 150,000 Liam Duffy 150,000 Bruce Atkinson 150,000
    Posted by SPT
    Excellent 

But what do you think of VLV Rich? ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : Excellent  But what do you think of VLV Rich? ;)
    Posted by Jac35

It's been a lonngg day me thinks.