You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE!

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE!:
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : Read the promotion again Geldy....like I did... HERE
    Posted by MAXALLY
    read it again
    but seems unchanged
    mtters only have sats
    no freebie promo
    and only one day to win a package to the main event

• edited February 2015
    Well im just glad to see it back and will defo be doin my best to get a trip to vegas in a 5* hotel for 2 and a $10k main event seat for very cheap

Well done Sky for bringing it back
  • edited February 2015
    Well im just glad to see it back and will defo be doin my best to get a trip to vegas in a 5* hotel for 2 and a $10k main event seat for very cheap Well done Sky for bringing it back
    Posted by daveyt86
    Amen.

People moan that its been AWOL for a couple of years. Comes back bigger and better than before (is this a first for the side packages?), and certain forum regs pick the promotion to pieces. Some without even reading the bloody thing!

There are gonna be 35 very happy people by the end of May, I just hope I'm one of them. But I go to Vegas at the end of May regardless so I'm happy ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : Amen. People moan that its been AWOL for a couple of years. Comes back bigger and better than before (is this a first for the side packages?), and certain forum regs pick the promotion to pieces. Some without even reading the bloody thing! There are gonna be 35 very happy people by the end of May, I just hope I'm one of them. But I go to Vegas at the end of May regardless so I'm happy ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    poacher turned gamekeeper harry - just lol

for us mtt guys this is not as good as before - full stop. so do try to get your facts right before you troll.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : poacher turned gamekeeper harry - just lol for us mtt guys this is not as good as before - full stop. so do try to get your facts right before you troll.
    Posted by GELDY
    I guess some people will just complain about whatever promos Sky put on. It tends to be the same old faces, surprisingly.

I'm looking forward to it. I wish you good luck in your quest for a package. If you can't play on May 23/24 then that's too bad.
  • edited February 2015
    how is it not better than before though ? 

You can't expect sky to give a 3.2k package to say the weekly mtter from mains this time round like they did with the Ukpc which was very generous by sky. 

MTT players have a way to get in as they wish to via MTTs. How can it be better ? You have to realise sky aren't just going to give away the seats there trying to recuperate all of the money back somehow and rake races are the best way for them. 

People are saying biggest spenders etc get the seats that way and right fully so In my opinion even if a fail in the sng one it will be because someone else deserved it more. Do you know how much work/hours those cash and sng weekly winners will put in for that given week ? 

It would be a lot more than someone getting a seat via the bottom sat laddering up all the way, id love to do it that and will try but the weekly sng seats will be my best shot because I'm gonna put in the work to earn it. 
  • edited February 2015
    There is 12 packages for MTT players out of 35, which is around 1/3

This is great as everyone has a go at it
  • edited February 2015
    Weeeee Vegasments.... 

Altho I doubt I could do it again, managed to bink a seat into the 1100 final in a £2.70 rebuy the other year. 
    Bring them back.
    Nope didn't get there LOL.
  • edited February 2015
    can somebody please confirm if points are accrued merely for playing a sng tournament or must you win sng tournament to be awarded points.

kind regards

• edited February 2015
    can somebody please confirm if points are accrued merely for playing a sng tournament or must you win sng tournament to be awarded points. kind regards
    Posted by prepared

Hi prepared,

You earn points in the SNG's by PLAYING them, not winning them.

Good luck, & dib-dib-dob.
  • edited February 2015
    yay so now i can go about losing a grand in the hope of making a 3 grand ticket...

thanks for the clarification mr tikay..

• edited March 2015

Just a reminder, Viva Las Vegas is now up & running, & there are a selection of ways to qualify for a trip to Las Vegas, including Promotions via Cash Games, SNG's, Freerolls & Satellites.

For the satellites, there is a special "Vegas" tab, which enables quicker & easier navigation to all the various satellites.

All the various details & packages are on the Promotions page, or you can link directly as follows.....

Cash & SNG Leagues.......

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/VivaLasVegas2015

MTT Satellites.....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/VivaLasVegasSats

Weekly Freerolls......

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/VivaLasVegasFreerolls

• edited March 2015

A £3.70 Vegas satellite is due to start in 2 minutes & so far only has 2 runners. I've no idea if there is a minimum number of entrants for it to run, but it has Late Reg so there might be some value if it runs. (States "1 seat guaranteed into tonight's Vegas Qtr for every £17 in the Prize Pool").
  • edited March 2015

That satellite has now started with just THREE runners.

Late reg is still open.

• edited March 2015
    Surprised how much negativity there is in this thread. I know that I won't win a seat doing any kind of rake race, so I always had it in my mind I was only going to try and win a seat via satellites. I'm not sure what people were expecting. You can't expect to go to the WSOP main event on a freeroll.

Like Nutter said, some people put in crazy hours and they should be rewarded/looked after. One person I spoke to at the UKPC once accumulated 126,000 points in a month. You think giving a player like this a little extra for spending that much money on the site is unfair?
  • edited March 2015
    Surprised how much negativity there is in this thread. I know that I won't win a seat doing any kind of rake race, so I always had it in my mind I was only going to try and win a seat via satellites. I'm not sure what people were expecting. You can't expect to go to the WSOP main event on a freeroll. Like Nutter said, some people put in crazy hours and they should be rewarded/looked after. One person I spoke to at the UKPC once accumulated 126,000 points in a month. You think giving a player like this a little extra for spending that much money on the site is unfair?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Although thanks to the generosity of Sky, 3 people will do! (ok, 25pts required, but still!)

I think Sky would have gotten less grief if they hadn't added the prizes for SNG/Cash and just had the standard satellite structure that a lot of other poker sites operate, with 15 less packages on offer overall. Although that's the trouble they blatantly should expect for being so kind to their non-MTT playerpool :)

ps seems like a day-off to play morning sats is the way forward based on Tikay's post on number of runners for the games run so far!
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : Although thanks to the generosity of Sky, 3 people will do! (ok, 25pts required, but still!) I think Sky would have gotten less grief if they hadn't added the prizes for SNG/Cash and just had the standard satellite structure that a lot of other poker sites operate, with 15 less packages on offer overall. Although that's the trouble they blatantly should expect for being so kind to their non-MTT playerpool :)ps seems like a day-off to play morning sats is the way forward based on Tikay's post on number of runners for the games run so far!
    Posted by shakinaces
    It's the very nature of us poker players to leave things until the last minute, so there may be great value in trying to qualify early.

There are routes for almost anyone & everyone to qualify, & Vegas is the greatest thing ever for any enthusiastic poker player, I can't emphasise enough how wonderful a trip to Vegas is.

Good luck to everyone who wants to try & get there with Sky Poker.
  • edited March 2015
    Just a little piece of advice for people checking/booking flights to Vegas (or to anywhere tbh).......
    Having worked in a friends flight booking/travel agents (when the golf wasn't so good !!!!!), if you're just looking to get an idea of the price use a spread of dates(or the whole month option)because the more people who check on the actual dates, the more inflated the price becomes. The airlines and flight booking companies realize that a big event is going on, and keep the prices high. Sadly the prices also do go up the closer to the date it gets. You will almost certainly get better value travelling away from the actual dates of the tourney (if you can spare the extra time) or probably thru a package holiday in a cheap hotel on the outskirts of Las Vegas...... you obviously don't have to stay in the hotel of the package holiday....... (but the wife can !!!!!!!)

Happy Hunting and GOOD LUCK to everyone in their quest to get to VEGAS
  • edited March 2015

Don't forget, the first £3.200 Vegas Semi is on SATURDAY, & it has 10 Seats Guaranteed into the Final on March 28th.

Saturday's semi-final already has 23 runners, & there are daily satellites & feeders into it.

These are the 23 already in for this Saturday...... 

72off5uit4000
    baldoire4000
    chrisdboy4000
    Curt360x274000
    CxE14000
    DSgooner4000
    fi33er4000
    Hitman01274000
    jonjo754000
    kelvh18784000
    liamboi114000
    mattprawn4000
    mogsy19574000
    mrpgte244000
    Redvers4000
    rivermunky4000
    rspca124000
    smoki34000
    stuman4000
    TheMuckr4000
    ThePokemon4000
    TommyD     4000
    Windsor1     4000
  • edited March 2015
    Now for THE most important Q!   Will you be chaperoning Tikay?  Isn't "chaperoning" a lovely word?  I always think of sheperd & sheep when I see it.
  • edited March 2015
    Now for THE most important Q!   Will you be chaperoning Tikay?  Isn't "chaperoning" a lovely word?  I always think of sheperd & sheep when I see it.
    Posted by Glenelg
    oooh - chaperoning

Love that word.

I am already a fashion shepherd, of course, as everyone knows.

As to Vegas, Sky Poker are currently, to use their jargon, developing their plans for Viva Las Vegas, including how they will look after the players in Las Vegas. In fact, I was up at the  Leeds Mother Ship yesterday, & the matter was discussed at length.

Rest assured, those who get to Las Vegas WILL be well looked after, & I'm 100% confident they'll all have a great time, no matter who is in Team Chaperone. It's not yet been 100% finalised if Team Fashion Shepherd will be part of it, but it's possible.

Pretty sure it will all be decided within the next week, & if you keep an eye on this thread, it'll be communicated here.   
  • edited March 2015
    Hi

Where can you find the cash leaderboard? thanks
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Where can you find the cash leaderboard? thanks
    Posted by hhamza162
    Click on promotions tab, then viva Las Vegas promotion, then the how can I win the cash league tab, scroll down.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Where can you find the cash leaderboard? thanks
    Posted by hhamza162
    What snuffer said.

Not sure if this link will work, but it should be
    HERE

Or, to save you looking, you currently sit in 30th place.

EDIT - That link does not QUITE work, but it takes you to the Promo Page, then just press the "accordion" which says......

"How can I win the weekly Cash League"

The Leaderboard is there. Probably. Ish. Mostly.  
  • edited March 2015

Don't forget, the first £3,200 Viva Las Vegas semi is TONIGHT (Not Sunday, as we are used to seeing).

It has 10 seats guaranteed into the £3,200 Final on Saturday 28th March. 

So far, 41 runners are in tonight's Lobby. Direct entry is £77, but there are a ton of feeders & satellites to get in at lower cost.

These are the 41 in so far. Good luck to everyone tonight. 

72off5uit4000
    andrew19474000
    baldoire4000
    Barrie264000
    BIGSHANN4000
    captblackj4000
    chrisdboy4000
    Curt360x274000
    CxE14000
    day4eire764000
    DSgooner4000
    fi33er4000
    foldUfairy4000
    Frankie1224000
    GELDY4000
    Hitman01274000
    IrishRose4000
    jonjo754000
    kelvh18784000
    kimas4000
    liamboi114000
    lundie4000
    lyonsbob064000
    Maggiesdad4000
    mattprawn4000
    mogsy19574000
    mrpgte244000
    poker14000
    Redvers4000
    rivermunky4000
    rspca124000
    shawsok4000
    SLYNCH4000
    smoki34000
    stuman4000
    TheAlly4000
    TheMuckr4000
    ThePokemon4000
    TommyD4000
    Windsor14000
    woolneck14000
  • edited March 2015

oioi, we have our first Viva Las Vegas 2015 Package winner.

The first of 3 Freerolls (25 points to enter) took place last night, with 861 entrants.

The winner was "Skud82", who won a £3,200 Viva Las Vegas Package. There are another 29 x  £3,200 Packages & 5 x £10,000 Packages still on on offer.  

Skud8217220001£3.2k Vegas Event
    fran40602£200
    reeler03£120
    The_Ruiner04£80
    thelord22305£60
    vinny6706£60
    Well done Skud82, great stuff.

• edited March 2015

Viva Las Vegas Freeroll Trivia

To enter last night's Freeroll, players needed 25 poker points.

The Freeroll had £5,200 worth of prizes, & 861 players entered the Freeroll.

The "freeroll value" was therefore some £6 per player.

• edited March 2015
    Viva Las Vegas Freeroll Trivia To enter last night's Freeroll, players needed 25 poker points. The Freeroll had £5,200 worth of prizes, & 861 players entered the Freeroll.   The "freeroll value" was therefore some £6 per player.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wow that's some give-away, 861 runners ey,now where have I seen that number before? #product placement ;)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: VIVA LAS VEGAS IS HEEREEEE! : Wow that's some give-away, 861 runners ey,now where have I seen that number before? #product placement ;)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Morning Tom.

Yup, £6 per player is an extraordinary freebie by any standards.

"Product placement" is really quite something these days, Tom - they even have an Annual Award ceremony for it, a sort of Mini Oscars ceremony.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/150220-2015-Brandcameo-Product-Placement-Awards.aspx

The biggest winners were "Apple", who don't pay for it, as such, but do give the Production Teams & Crew large numbers of free Apple Products. The commercial world works in so many ways.

Anyway, we'd better not get too much off-topic, or we'll be in trouble with Suit City.

Hope you are recovering well from your recent ordeal.   
  • edited March 2015

The first £10k Vegas Semi is tonight, with 4 seats Guaranteed into the biggie on May 24th.

23 in for tonight already, & there will be a ton of sats & feeders all day today.

It'll be covered on Ch 861.

andrew19474000
    chrisdboy4000
    Craigo234000
    F_Ivanovic4000
    G_W874000
    Hoff924000
    IrishRose4000
    IRONZ4000
    jonjo754000
    mogsy19574000
    moneyme4000