You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players!......... Can you handle it? Join me in the PLO8 League Thu

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Don't worry, I have ordered some humble pie, 
just in case anyone gets lucky lol

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Team AJ, would like to invite (challenge) all Hold'em players,
    to try and beat the Plo8 (omaha hi/lo) Champion (TIS ME) in the following MTT's

Tonight and every Thursday

7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN
    8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD
    8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN FOSP PL08 £150 GTD
    9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN         

All these tourny's are in the Omaha hi/lo section of the lobby.
    So come on guy's + galls can you knock the Champ out.
    Have you got what it takes to play Plo8.

I'll be playing all 4 tourny's tonight.so Reg now,
    for the bragging rights to say I beat the Champ. (holdem player beat me? never)

Regards Alan(Plo8 official Champion) 

• edited April 2015
    7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN                                            == 6th/57  = £3.99
    8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD                         == 14th/50  =£0
    8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN FOSP PL08 £150 GTD     ==23rd/54  =£0
    9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN                                    ==19th/40    =£0

You see guy's in every tournie i'm halfway there (oh yeh, living on a prayer)
    So there was no need to be afraid. The value was there for you tonight.

I PLAY THE 7.50 PM AND THE 9.20 PM TOURNIE'S EVERY NIGHT 
    some times the 8.25 pm one
    Feel free to to have a practice with me, 
    ready for the challenge next week. where i will crush and Dominate you.
    (oh dear i pity the hold'em players)

Regards  Alan (Plo8 champion ....read it and weep)

• edited April 2015
    Hey Champ!

I'll challenge you for the title, one day...

Might be next week tho;)
  • edited April 2015
    love it AJ, 

I think we should crown you plo8 champ and special ambassador.

Get the two card players involved....WP mate
  • edited April 2015

Late to the party (standard), but this has the makings of another community game similar to DTD/Orfy leagues...?

I'd definitely be up for a night of 3 or 4 dodgy 4-card games and I'm sure with a bit of push and maybe a Sky prize or two (is there an £11 PLO/PLO8 event that the winner could be entered into?) there could be reasonably decent numbers for this.  Even more so if Tikay could be tempted away from the DYM format for an evening every now anda again!

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it?:
    Late to the party (standard), but this has the makings of another community game similar to DTD/Orfy leagues...? I'd definitely be up for a night of 3 or 4 dodgy 4-card games and I'm sure with a bit of push and maybe a Sky prize or two (is there an £11 PLO/PLO8 event that the winner could be entered into?) there could be reasonably decent numbers for this.  Even more so if Tikay could be tempted away from the DYM format for an evening every now anda again!
    Posted by shakinaces

Mr Aces you need to read the forum pages ;-)))) heres a link, prizes every week and added monthly bonuses from Sky Towers

• edited April 2015

Ah an FOSP thing... will explain why I over-looked that then.  My simple brain can't cope with the drama of that group lol

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it?:
    Ah an FOSP thing... will explain why I over-looked that then.  My simple brain can't cope with the drama of that group lol
    Posted by shakinaces
    Don't worry, i'm not even on Facebook let alone in the group.
    You don't have to be to join in the Thurs night PLO8 fun.
    Hopefully see you next week.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by shakinaces

It is open to everyone though and you don't even need to reg anywhere just play in minimum 2 of the events AJ (champ) Milton has highlighted in his OP.

Get involved its great fun, look out for my hand by hand history of the journey to two Ft's last night, shortly available on The Outlaws page, soon to be followe by audio book and interactive DVD.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? : It is open to everyone though and you don't even need to reg anywhere just play in minimum 2 of the events AJ (champ) Milton has highlighted in his OP. Get involved its great fun, look out for my hand by hand history of the journey to two Ft's last night, shortly available on The Outlaws page, soon to be followe by audio book and interactive DVD.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    After you've written about FT number 257 on the thread, would you consider raffling off some of your time to teach us mere mortals how to play the game?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? : After you've written about FT number 257 on the thread, would you consider raffling off some of your time to teach us mere mortals how to play the game?
    Posted by shakinaces

I may well have a raffle with exciting prizes and coaching oportunities.....sign up now don't miss out ;-)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? : I may well have a raffle with exciting prizes and coaching oportunities.....sign up now don't miss out ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62

you could also coach him in the art of beard growing :)
  • edited April 2015
                       Here's a basic introduction to Plo8

Omaha High/Low is a variation of Omaha poker but, allows for two winning hands to share the pot. The best high hand and the best low hand.

For a hand to qualify for the low hand, it must be five unpaired cards with the highest being no bigger than an 8. The winning low hand is the player with the lowest high-card, and in the event of a tie the next lowest high-card is used and so on.

In the event of a tie if two hands cannot be separated, each player receives a quarter of the pot.

If there is no qualifying low hand then the best high hand wins the entire pot.

One player can win the entire pot by having the best high hand and the best low hand (for example, A-2-3-4-5 or 2h-3h-5h-6h-8h).Aces count as both high and low.

Players may use different cards to form their high hand and their low hand, or they can use the same cards.

Each player must use two hole cards and three board cards to make their best five card hand.

Regards Alan (plo8 champion )

• edited April 2015
    Hey guy's, any questions on plo8?
     Just ask and i'll gladly answer them.
    If I can't, then someone from the plo8 community will. 
    We are a friendly bunch, and only to glad to oblige.

I played the 7.50pm and the9.20pm tournie's tonight.
    *Got to get the practice in for the Thursday league games.

The 7.50pm Was a short lived affair, and i finished  = 31st/41
    Proper value for the hold'em players (if you were in it)

The 9.20pm  Was the champs bread +butter finished = 2nd/43
    0ne word ....crushed!  (champ rules)

See you all Saturday night (if you dare) 
    should be good value,, it's drinky poo night for me .

Regards Alan  (plo8 champion )

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? : you could also coach him in the art of beard growing :)
    Posted by samantha25

pure laziness and a fear of anything sharp is the key to success in this area.....
  • edited April 2015
    Hey guy's, any questions on plo8?  Just ask and i'll gladly answer them. If I can't, then someone from the plo8 community will.  We are a friendly bunch, and only to glad to oblige. I played the 7.50pm and the9.20pm tournie's tonight. *Got to get the practice in for the Thursday league games. The 7.50pm Was a short lived affair, and i finished  = 31st/41 Proper value for the hold'em players (if you were in it) The 9.20pm  Was the champs bread +butter finished = 2nd/43 0ne word ....crushed!  (champ rules) See you all Saturday night (if you dare)  should be good value,, it's drinky poo night for me . Regards Alan  (plo8 champion )       
    Posted by ajmilton

Normal service resumed. Be afraid, be very afraid....
  • edited April 2015
                        Here's a basic introduction to Plo8 Omaha High/Low is a variation of Omaha poker but, allows for two winning hands to share the pot. The best high hand and the best low hand. For a hand to qualify for the low hand, it must be five unpaired cards with the highest being no bigger than an 8. The winning low hand is the player with the lowest high-card, and in the event of a tie the next lowest high-card is used and so on.  In the event of a tie if two hands cannot be separated, each player receives a quarter of the pot. If there is no qualifying low hand then the best high hand wins the entire pot. One player can win the entire pot by having the best high hand and the best low hand (for example, A-2-3-4-5 or 2h-3h-5h-6h-8h). Aces count as both high and low. Players may use different cards to form their high hand and their low hand, or they can use the same cards.  Each player must use two hole cards and three board cards to make their best five card hand. Regards Alan (plo8 champion )
    Posted by ajmilton
    Just a quick update, I try to think of the low hands as a five figure sum, the lowest figure being the best.

54,321 being the best

87,654 being the worst

there are five six high hands available, so even if you have a six low, it's may not be the 2nd nuts.

• edited April 2015
    Hi guy's, it's Plo8 Practice night number 2..Saturday.
    As the norm I'll be playing the 7.50pm and 9.20pm

It's only £1-10 a tournie, cheap as chips for a practice session,
     you can't grumble for £2.20.... Oh cr ap did i just mention the 2.20 (cue the wet bloke)

I wont be playing alone tonight, I've got 6 or 7 stunning Blonde's
    to sit by my side.... as i type one has just come into the room.
    No need to ask her name it's written all over her, Stella,,,,,Stella art--twa.

GL to those of you, brave enough to join me tonight
    and GL to me ..drunk poker FTW.

Regards Alan (still the champo)

• edited April 2015
    You fell asleep Alan?
    Just went to rail and you're not in it !!
  • edited April 2015
    You fell asleep Alan? Just went to rail and you're not in it !!
    Posted by VespaPX
    In bed with 6 blondes!!
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by VespaPX
    I'm IN it ..just late to the party ..hic
  • edited April 2015
    Stella art twas FTW
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by VespaPX

Result of the 7.50pm
    Have to say this was a great game.. and i mean a great game FT was first class WP all 
    40 / 10001ajmilton - £14.802safc71 - £8.803GELDY - £64w4rlock - £4.405Amarie - £3.206ajax31 - £2.80Was i in it micky lad????..booooooooomResult of the 9.20pm..............20th/41This tournie was a bit of a challenge, i was on the FT of the 7.50 in the early stage'sof this one,plus Blonde No-6 turned up. ooow miss art--twa, think i will marry thee.hmm might have a look at the 22.25pm.
    Edit.. had a go at the 22.25pm ....finished 17/35.. value was there guy's.. did u get on it
    Regards Alan (plo8 guru)

• edited April 2015
    An extra Challenge for you tonight peeps.
    Along with the usual 7-50pm and the9-20pm Tournie's.

We have the 7-15 pm F.O.S.P. League Tournie, plenty of play in this one
    3,000 starting stack and 10 min blinds, 30 min late reg (i like late reg)

An extra chance to take on the Champ.
    See you there, if you dare!

Regards Alan (the all conquering plo8 champ)  
  • edited April 2015
    Ok scores on the door's for tonight....so far!

7.15pm FOSP League Tourney =17th/32
    Got owned by two player's early door's ..Smokie13, and ice Tiger (won't happen again)

7.50pm ..some good practice in this one  =9th/39

9.20 pm result to follow (will edit later)  ==8th/38

Regards Alan (your plo8 master)..
  • edited April 2015
    Ok scores on the door's for tonight....so far! 7.15pm FOSP League Tourney =17th/32 Got owned by two player's early door's ..Smokie13, and ice Tiger (won't happen again) 7.50pm ..some good practice in this one  =9th/39 9.20 pm result to follow (will edit later) Regards Alan (your plo8 master)..
    Posted by ajmilton
    Oh yes it will - You are OWNED!

Now go get my supper!

;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? : Oh yes it will - You are OWNED! Now go get my supper! ;)
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    WP Ice_Tiger ..3rd not to shaby
    Hope you like it i've done you some cheese on toast for supper.
    Oh and a big slice of Humble Pie, ready for you to eat next week.
    When we go head to head with me. In a last longer for the FOSP 7-15pm Tournie
    next Sunday .be ther if you dare.

Regards Alan (The true Plo8 Champ)
  • edited April 2015
    Just loving the PLO8.

Seem to keep winning.

Will be playing on Thursday night on PLO8 night. I might not be the best player but I seem to do well most weeks. Last Thursday was rubbish though.
  • edited April 2015
    Just loving the PLO8. Seem to keep winning. Will be playing on Thursday night on PLO8 night. I might not be the best player but I seem to do well most weeks. Last Thursday was rubbish though.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Glad to hear it Tiger lad. 
    I'll be playing the 7.50 and the 9.20 tonight 
    I'ts all good practice for Thursday (not my best night have to admit)
    Your more than welcome to join me. 
    That's an invitation to all Holdem players.

See you there if you dare 
    Regards Alan (have i mentioned i'm the champ)

Edit .. 7.50pm finished 11th/42... 9.20pm finished 13th/30
    and a bonus tourney 10.25pm finished 10th/17 feeling tired now.
    Enjoyed the practice sesh..bring on Thursday
    Blue Monday oh Blue Monday..(you won't get it) 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it?:
    Team AJ, would like to invite (challenge) all Hold'em players, to try and beat the Plo8 (omaha hi/lo) Champion (TIS ME) in the following MTT's Tonight and every Thursday 7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN 8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD 8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN FOSP PL08 £150 GTD 9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN           All these tourny's are in the Omaha hi/lo section of the lobby. So come on guy's + galls can you knock the Champ out. Have you got what it takes to play Plo8. I'll be playing all 4 tourny's tonight.so Reg now, for the bragging rights to say I beat the Champ. (holdem player beat me? never) Regards Alan(Plo8 official Champion) 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Nice one AJ - see you in the final - (fingers crossed)