You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players!......... Can you handle it? Join me in the PLO8 League Thu

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Hendo is going down!:
    Do you guys honestly think I am so easily suggestible that you can bait me into cancelling whatever social functions I have going tonight just to play your silly little PLO game? Seriously folks, grow up, and please don’t include me in any of your childish banter from this point on.             PS – I am in and I am going to destroy you all.
    Posted by Slipwater

is that what you call curb crawling these days.....

Mike, I think I am going to adopt that style of play in HE too... sounds fun.

• edited April 2015

So tonight’s the night the big one, Thursday’s Plo8 league.

Where the champ as failed to shine (Thursday night demons)

Saturday 2 wins with 3 FT’s Wednesday 2 FT’s with a cash.

Why not Thursday’s? (Bloody demons that is why)

So tonight, team AJ may leave his trusted companion (miss ar-twa)

In the fridge. She may be cold, but not alone (she’s got identical sisters)

I see tonight the great pretender himself (hendo) and his army of outlaw 2-card warrior’s

Will be making an appearance, to try to topple the 4-card champion. (won’t happen)

Bring 1 bring 2 bring them all. Team AJ will show no mercy as if by magic,

I will make you all disappear. So let battle commence.

I may not win all the tourneys tonight, I mean you have to be perfect

To do something like that. As I have said before I am not perfect.

Just the best there is.

7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN
    8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD
    8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN FOSP PL08 £150 GTD
    9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN         

Up to you play one play them all, I'll be there to crush

Regards Alan (total 4-card warrior champ)  

• edited April 2015

Greetings Champ, tonight is the night. No more warm ups, tis 7:50 the Jousts commence.

I see the upstart Hendo has gathered many friends, well 2 to be precise, and you could hardly call one of them a friend really, and is once again attempting to dislodge the Golden bunnet from your napper.

I fear you may have to unleash Miss Art Twas from her frozen environs, for it was she and her magical sisters that inspired you in back to back victories on Saturday.

I notice that the two card warriors are so uncomfortable at having four cards, that they will cover two up.  This is probably wise for them, as trying to cope with four may fry their feeble brains.

I look forward to seeing you crush all comers once again.

Craig

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Hendo and his 2-card warriors are going down!:
    Greetings Champ, tonight is the night. No more warm ups, tis 7:50 the Jousts commence. I see the upstart Hendo has gathered many friends, well 2 to be precise, and you could hardly call one of them a friend really, and is once again attempting to dislodge the Golden bunnet from your napper. I fear you may have to unleash Miss Art Twas from her frozen environs, for it was she and her magical sisters that inspired you in back to back victories on Saturday. I notice that the two card warriors are so uncomfortable at having four cards, that will cover two up.  This is probably wise for them, as trying to cope with four may fry their feeble brains. I look forward to seeing you crush all comers once again. Craig
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Ye olde sigh.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Hendo is going down!:
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Hendo is going down! : *Note to self* Turn chat off tonight :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    You seem a little more menacing today, ye who battles under many different banners, to seek glory in all corners of the land.
  • edited April 2015
    Right I've registered for all these little tournaments.

Once I've won at least two of them, I want a public retraction of his purported excellence from... whoever started this thread - can't even remember his name... and for him to offer the crown to me.
  • edited April 2015
    I don't do battles/wars just the language of love.... so lets Tango. Ready and In :)

Oh just a quicky:

He had it coming, he had it coming
    He only had himself to blame
    If you'd have been there, if you'd have seen it
    You would have laughed at AJ's fit

:)
  • edited April 2015
    This is what the forum needs :) fabulous work from sir AJ of PLO8Land , I see he has many who would like to take his crown,I am in awe of the word-smithery of all who would like to topple him from his golden seat. Ye olde sigh made me ye olde guffaw.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Hendo is going down! : is that what you call curb crawling these days..... Mike, I think I am going to adopt that style of play in HE too... sounds fun.
    Posted by samantha25
    Many chucklements to this ^
  • edited April 2015
    Do you guys honestly think I am so easily suggestible that you can bait me into cancelling whatever social functions I have going tonight just to play your silly little PLO game? Seriously folks, grow up, and please don’t include me in any of your childish banter from this point on.             PS – I am in and I am going to destroy you all.
    Posted by Slipwater
     Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
  • edited April 2015
    Just sat here relaxed and waiting for for the 2-card warrior onslaught.
    After much consideration and since I am not in work until Tuesday
    I have decided, that the lovely Stella can join me this evening 
    (she's right by my side i'm warming her through gently)

As for the fella who want's me to offer him my crown.
    Can't remember his name ..oh wait i think it was slipslappy.
    Let me just say, that the crown is not on offer. the crown stay's on my head 
    until i win the Thursday league where it will be replaced by the new 
    ultimate Plo8 champion crown.

Regards Alan (the all fearing plo8 champ)
  • edited April 2015
    Ooo it's just like game of thrones, I leave it open as to which character plays  Tyrian Lannister :) 
  • edited May 2015
    67Bhoys1560001£55.50
    shakinaces02£33
    rodsy03£22.50
    pomfrittes04£16.50
    card_otter940001£17.39
    w4rlock02£10.34
    Fred77703£7.05
    burnham0904£5.17
    67Bhoys05£3.76
    Ice_Tiger06£3.29
    Well champ, the joust hath ended.

The outlaw hordes have been vanquished, and sent scuttling back from whence they came. 

One of them was a worthy contender, Sir Shaky of the Aces.  For twas he who made it to the final joust, and for a luckbox 2 card player, he played the 4 card game like a demon, causing me to deploy some of my finest swordplay to finally prevail.

The others displayed deviousness. The Fair Samantha distracted me by constant talk and innuendo, to allow others to wound me and take my chips.  Sir Slippery of the Slime Water, constantly corrected my grammer in the chatbox, trying to achieve the same end.  To be lectured on grammar by someone from the land of mutton molesters, is very offputting indeed, though not as offputting as his hideous Doublet obv. 

Although they somewhat succeeded, I was almost down and out, I was out of the first two competitions, suffering grievous wounds, and with seemingly no hope, until, the upsart and pretender Hendo arrived at my table.  I remembered your words, "My table for I am the champ", these words inspired me to rally.  What would the champ do? He would crush!

The rest as they say is history.  The upstart Hendo flattered to deceive, with a min cash in the first round, only due to the deviousness of his cohorts.  He will no doubt lick his wounds and be back with more gauntlets to cast down(by the way we could make a few quid selling those for scrap), for he is a persistent little blighter. 

Craig

• edited May 2015

Another successful night for Plo8 tonight, numbers are up.

From memory, that is 3-weeks in a row maybe more.

Not a bad night for the champ, quite pleased really.

Not only did I make a FT and cash (that’s 2 demons with 1 blow)

I also had four –tourney’s going at the same time, a first for me.

In addition, another demon put to rest.

I have to say my chat box banter was scarce tonight.

Due to the fact I was 3 then 4 tabling early doors, (I can’t cope lol)

Once I got the four table’s going, it wasn’t long before 4 became 3 and so on.

Another great night of poker tonight, enjoyed by all no doubt.

There was a different atmosphere at the table’s tonight (for me anyway)

The rail was superb tonight the banter was coming thick and fast.

I couldn’t keep up with it, not with me 4 tabling lol (very thin)

So a big thanks to Hendo and the outlaw warriors,(the hendo mob lol)

who came to conquer and failed. Yes you failed because the champ,

had is best ever Thursday night.

Now it’s a new month, and with my demons (90%) put to rest.

What can possibly stop Team AJ, from becoming the ultimate Plo8 Champion?

Come one come all in the month of May and take on the champion,

In the real game of poker that is, Plo8.

7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN ..................6/70
    8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD.......11/36
    8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN FOSP PL08 £150 GTD...20/52
    9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN.................29/47        

Regards Alan (future ultimate Plo8 champion)

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Hendo and his 2-card warriors are going down!:
    67Bhoys 156000 1 £55.50 shakinaces 0 2 £33 rodsy 0 3 £22.50 pomfrittes 0 4 £16.50 card_otter 94000 1 £17.39 w4rlock 0 2 £10.34 Fred777 0 3 £7.05 burnham09 0 4 £5.17 67Bhoys 0 5 £3.76 Ice_Tiger 0 6 £3.29 Well champ, the joust hath ended. The outlaw hordes have been vanquished, and sent scuttling back from whence they came.  One of them was a worthy contender, Sir Shaky of the Aces.  For twas he who made it to the final joust, and for a luckbox 2 card player, he played the 4 card game like a demon, causing me to deploy some of my finest swordplay to finally prevail. The others displayed deviousness. The Fair Samantha distracted me by constant talk and innuendo, to allow others to wound me and take my chips.  Sir Slippery of the Slime Water, constantly corrected my grammer in the chatbox, trying to achieve the same end.  To be lectured on grammar by someone from the land of mutton molesters, is very offputting indeed, though not as offputting as his hideous Doublet obv.  Although they somewhat succeeded, I was almost down and out, I was out of the first two competitions, suffering grievous wounds, and with seemingly no hope, until, the upsart and pretender Hendo arrived at my table.  I remembered your words, "My table for I am the champ", these words inspired me to rally.  What would the champ do? He would crush! The rest as they say is history.  The upstart Hendo flattered to deceive, with a min cash in the first round, only due to the deviousness of his cohorts.  He will no doubt lick his wounds and be back with more gauntlets to cast down(by the way we could make a few quid selling those for scrap), for he is a persistent little blighter.  Craig
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    ^^ this was working until I fell asleep! Plan was that I lead all the guys off track whispering sweet nothings in their ear, and shaky and hendo (mob) clean up. You were too good for us Craig, Ivano is going to give PLO master classes (he doesn't know this yet) this week to the troops, and we shall be back next week to steal that crown.

Then you can all bow to our leader - Hendo :)
  • edited May 2015
    Another successful night for Plo8 tonight, numbers are up.  From memory, that is 3-weeks in a row maybe more. Not a bad night for the champ, quite pleased really. Not only did I make a FT and cash (that’s 2 demons with 1 blow) I also had four –tourney’s going at the same time, a first for me. In addition, another demon put to rest.   I have to say my chat box banter was scarce tonight. Due to the fact I was 3 then 4 tabling early doors, (I can’t cope lol) Once I got the four table’s going, it wasn’t long before 4 became 3 and so on.  Another great night of poker tonight, enjoyed by all no doubt.   There was a different atmosphere at the table’s tonight (for me anyway) The rail was superb tonight the banter was coming thick and fast. I couldn’t keep up with it, not with me 4 tabling lol (very thin) So a big thanks to Hendo and the outlaw warriors,(the hendo mob lol) who came to conquer and failed. Yes you failed because the champ, had is best ever Thursday night.   Now it’s a new month, and with my demons (90%) put to rest. What can possibly stop Team AJ, from becoming the ultimate Plo8 Champion? Come one come all in the month of May and take on the champion, In the real game of poker that is, Plo8. 7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN ..................6 /70 8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD....... 11/ 36 8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN FOSP PL08 £150 GTD... 20 /52 9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN................. 29 /47            Regards Alan (future ultimate Plo8 champion)  
    Posted by ajmilton

Had fun, shame you are rubbish at multi tasking... if only my poker was as good as my chatting abilities - I would crush )

• edited May 2015

My tongue is dry from licking my wounds......and credit must be given to the champ and his sidekick the wily old west coast warrior 67 of the bhoys (hh). A great effort by sir aces taking the veteran HU in the FOSP event, but he proved just too strong (lucky) .
    A fantastic performance in his remaining two events (two early exits) provided ample proof of his mastery, taking the weekly spoils. VWP (teeth are sooooo gritted right now lol).
    Seemed like great numbers and hopefully that continues.
    Other notable mentions to the the French potato man whose aggro game is a joy to watch (not so much when he has position on you)and the tricky Roy The warlock who had a 4th and a 2nd narrowly losing to the ancient one.

Great fun all night and great railing from those that stayed awake.......Sam xx

Hendo (mob). Quite like that AJ :-)

• edited May 2015
    Ooo it's just like game of thrones, I leave it open as to which character plays  Tyrian Lannister :) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    As far as I can see Tom, no-one will want to be Tyrian.

I mean who would want to spend most of their days in a Tavern drinking wine and grog, and most of their evenings frolicking with two or more naked, beautiful women, in a house of Ill repute.

So............If no-one else wants it.............
  • edited May 2015
    67Bhoys 156000 1 £55.50 shakinaces 0 2 £33 rodsy 0 3 £22.50 pomfrittes 0 4 £16.50 card_otter 94000 1 £17.39 w4rlock 0 2 £10.34 Fred777 0 3 £7.05 burnham09 0 4 £5.17 67Bhoys 0 5 £3.76 Ice_Tiger 0 6 £3.29 Well champ, the joust hath ended. The outlaw hordes have been vanquished, and sent scuttling back from whence they came.  One of them was a worthy contender, Sir Shaky of the Aces.  For twas he who made it to the final joust, and for a luckbox 2 card player, he played the 4 card game like a demon, causing me to deploy some of my finest swordplay to finally prevail. The others displayed deviousness. The Fair Samantha distracted me by constant talk and innuendo, to allow others to wound me and take my chips.  Sir Slippery of the Slime Water, constantly corrected my grammer in the chatbox, trying to achieve the same end.  To be lectured on grammar by someone from the land of mutton molesters, is very offputting indeed, though not as offputting as his hideous Doublet obv.  Although they somewhat succeeded, I was almost down and out, I was out of the first two competitions, suffering grievous wounds, and with seemingly no hope, until, the upsart and pretender Hendo arrived at my table.  I remembered your words, "My table for I am the champ", these words inspired me to rally.  What would the champ do? He would crush! The rest as they say is history.  The upstart Hendo flattered to deceive, with a min cash in the first round, only due to the deviousness of his cohorts.  He will no doubt lick his wounds and be back with more gauntlets to cast down(by the way we could make a few quid selling those for scrap), for he is a persistent little blighter.  Craig
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Ha!  Sir, this verse makes you an even worthier victor than I proclaimed in... yonder... night(?)
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by 67Bhoys

great post Craig, have to say i was reading it with a smile on my face.
    Untill i got to the highlighted bit. Bad timing on my part. I just took a mouthful of
    the lovely miss Ar-twa and boom, she ended up all over my keyboard.
    Proper made me lol (i think a little bit wee came out lol) 

Good effort in the 20.40pm last night, finishing 1st beating the late commer 
    to the Hendo Mob i think his name was wobbley bullets' 
    I hear that the Maiden, chatterbox Sam is going rally the troops,
    and mount another challenge next week.(bring it on)
    Also she has enlisted the help of someone called Ivano
    to give them a master class in plo.
    That'll be fun when they turn up to play PLO8.

They are more than welcome to join us on Sunday for the 
    7.15pm FOSP Sunday league game. Oh wait it's only one table. 
    I dont think they could handle the champ, on one table.

Regards Alan (PLO8 Champ..not plo)

• edited May 2015
    Just another standard FT night for the champ (It's not Thursday)
    Played a couple of tourney's, was there ever any doubt
    Looking forward to Saturday night.
    When Team AJ will be out in force. With his blonde companions.

Join me if you dare.
    Regards Alan (plo8 hot to trot champ)

benalexi0840921.85  JonTickle16098.15  reca6980  speed18004£10.56ajmilton05£8.64

Registered34 / 1000Players Left0 / 341ASIF711 - £13.602Smithy29 - £8.503Steve65 - £5.104chauni1990 - £3.745ajmilton - £3.06
  • edited May 2015
    Sorry to be cause of such mirth and merriment, that Miss Art Twa got sprayed all over your keyboard, must make it proper sticky.  As for the little bit of wee, well it happens to us all now and again, but there are products available to keep your hose from getting embarrassing stains.  Not good for the street cred I'm told.

• edited May 2015

I'm glad to see your on form Champ with your final tables and cashes last night. 

I fear that you will need to be on top form in next Thursdays Joust.  News reaches me that Sir Shaky of the Aces, has sought advice from Suzy who bears the numbers of the Devil.  I fear that he will become a disciple and try to glean as much knowledge as he can.  If he even learns half of what Suzy knows, then he will be a force to be reckoned with, for she, who bears the numbers of the devil, is, as we both know, a demon on the PLO8 tables.

Furthermore, I hear tell that Suzy has despatched Sir Shaky on a quest, in order for him to prove he will be a worthy disciple.  He travels to the deepest darkest reaches of the Amazon, to try and discover ancient scrolls, written by wise scribes(jeff hwang Omaha book and the dan deppen one), who are masters of the art of four card Jousting.

I fear that if he contacts the Amazonians, and they deliver unto him the scrolls, he will devour the knowledge hidden within, and use it to assist the usurper Hendo, in his bid to dislodge the crown from your head.

I have sent a message to the Amazonians, enquiring of the ancient scrolls, and I fear that they may deliver them to Sir Shaky, in return for a few baubles.  One of the Amazonians however gave me hope, he says that we must go to the land called Stalk. There we must seek a man who, rumour has it, can throw projectiles at more than 100mph.  His name is Raymond Lilley, possibly related to Dennis Lilley by the sounds of things.  It is also rumoured that he has, like Sir Dennis, a fearsome temper.  But the Amazonian says that, temper Ray Lilley out of Stalk is our only hope.  Methinks it may be a forlorn hope.

Craig 

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Results... Hendo Mob=0 The Champ =1:
    Sorry to be cause of such mirth and merriment, that Miss Art Twa got sprayed all over your keyboard, must make it proper sticky.  As for the little bit of wee, well it happens to us all now and again, but there are products available to keep your hose from getting embarrassing stains.  Not good for the street cred I'm told.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

Just so you know Craig I am prepared this evening.
    I went to a place called Pamporium, where you can buy a new strange garment,
    to fit about your person. Just in case there is a fit of uncontrollable loling.

Tonight It's Saturday 
    The Champ and his lovely Blonde's
    Feel free to join me in a bit of fun jousting

Regards Alan (plo8 Hero )

• edited May 2015
    Big thanks to miss Ar-twa tonight 
    for getting me off to a great start
    Registered30 / 10001LENNYC - £122ajmilton - £7.503theplayer - £4.504cassielou - £3.305tazl2024 - £2.70Game 2 just starting come and join me If you dare., that is  lol
    Regards Alan (teacher of plo8 )
  • edited May 2015
    Strike that as i was typing above post,
    the 9.20 failed to start 

next one at 1025  =£3.30 buy in
    come on, have a go. 

Regards Alan ( the bloke who crush's plo8)

EDIT== 
    Just shy of a top 10 position but hey, you have to let the under studie's have a go 

wsop001560001£42Scottsnot02£25.20raymo03£16.80oldgolf04 67Bhoys05 churchy1806 HENDRIK6207 BacardiKid08 smoki309 zagalo8614010 ajmilton011
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Results... Hendo Mob=0 The Champ =1:
    Strike that as i was typing above post, the 9.20 failed to start  next one at 1025  =£3.30 buy in come on, have a go.  Regards Alan ( the bloke who crush's plo8) EDIT==  Just shy of a top 10 position but hey, you have to let the under studie's have a go  wsop001 56000 1 £42 Scottsnot 0 2 £25.20 raymo 0 3 £16.80 oldgolf 0 4   67Bhoys 0 5   churchy18 0 6   HENDRIK62 0 7   BacardiKid 0 8   smoki3 0 9   zagalo8614 0 10   ajmilton 0 11
    Posted by ajmilton
    I hear tell that Brian of the church the blue, from the land of the Bears, has proclaimed across PLO8 land that he will also throw down his gauntlet and bid for the crown.  It seems that challengers are no longer fearful of the champ, despite all your final tables and cashes.

I fear that you, by allowing the pretender Hendo, and Brian of the church of the blue, to finish above the champ in one tournament, may have made them bolder, and given them false hope of taking the golden crown.  

I look forward to seeing you smite them down, for you would not be wanting to eat any of that humble pie, as it must be a bit stale by now.

Craig 
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Results... Hendo Mob=0 The Champ =1 : I hear tell that Brian of the church the blue, from the land of the Bears, has proclaimed across PLO8 land that he will also throw down his gauntlet and bid for the crown.  It seems that challengers are no longer fearful of the champ, despite all your final tables and cashes. I fear that you, by allowing the pretender Hendo, and Brian of the church of the blue, to finish above the champ in one tournament, may have made them bolder, and given them false hope of taking the golden crown.   I look forward to seeing you smite them down, for you would not be wanting to eat any of that humble pie, as it must be a bit stale by now. Craig 
    Posted by 67Bhoys

It saddens the champ to hear that a regular plopper, Brian of the church the blue.

Has decided to show his allegiance to the pretender that is, Hendo of the mob.

I wonder if they will be bold and brave enough to show up tonight, in the

FOSP Sunday league game which starts at 15 minutes past the 19th hour.

3K starting stack 10 minute blinds £3.30 buy-in (what’s not to like).

If the pretender and the 2-card jouster’s of the Hendo Mob, do decide to show up

Moreover, venture into the land of plo8, in a bid to take the champs crown. (no chance)

Primarily they have to dodge the many loyal ploppers, who frequent

My kingdom and will no doubt wound, and relieve them of chips.

So when they do happen upon the champs table, in their weak feeble form.

I will not hesitate, in teaching them a lesson and smite them down.

Regards Alan (plo8 champion slayer)  

• edited May 2015
    I would never usually contradict the champ, but methinks you have the wrong end of the stick.

Brian of the church of the blue, would not want to support Hendo of the Hendo mob, in his bid for the crown.  These two pretenders are from different tribes, that have been warring against each other for championships, for many past decades. 

A knave from the land of the bears, would eat his own sword arm, rather than use it to assist a knave from the land of the jungle jims achieve the status of Champion.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: A Challenge for No-limit Hold'em players! Can you handle it? Thursday night is the BIG One! Results... Hendo Mob=0 The Champ =1....Tonight Sunday fosp league:
    I would never usually contradict the champ, but methinks you have the wrong end of the stick. Brian of the church of the blue, would not want to support Hendo of the Hendo mob, in his bid for the crown.  These two pretenders are from different tribes, that have been warring against each other for championships, for many past decades.  A knave from the land of the bears, would eat his own sword arm, rather than use it to assist a knave from the land of the jungle jims achieve the status of Champion.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

I think i understand thee, t'was the other day that,Brian of the church of the blue.
    Did say to me, that he was baying for your blood. Because you herald from the same land but 
    you are of the colour Green, If you say the the pretender is of said Green colour. 
    Then i understand that  Brian of the church of the blue, will not share his allegiance 
    with those of the Hendo Mob. 

Never the less if the two tribes turn up tonight
    they can have another taste of the medicine 
    they recieved this afternoon.

Another FT for the champ.

eon1961340001£25.50
    g-master02£15.30
    ajmilton03£10.20
    The_hedge04 
    churchy1805 
    onejohnb06 
    VERT6907