You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Such a joke.

Just took me 35 minutes to get on the website!

WILL SKY GET A BLOODY SOFTWARE !!!!

I missed the TKO which is blooody annoying as i was looking forward to it!

Anyone else had any difficulities? :(

Comments

• edited January 2010

i was on by 5 past and out by 7 mins past, normal night for me!

• edited January 2010
    I kept on getting booted, then took 5 mins to reconnect but everoyne else on my tbl was ok so putting that down to my useless computer
  • edited January 2010
    Sorry to hear that - all ok here though.
  • edited January 2010
    i also had a problem in tko tonight.. game loaded then went to blue screen. had to keep cancelling and reloading the game.only managed to play a couple of hands when screen went blue again?  when i finally got it up i had 177 chips and bb was 100 .all in and out.very frustrating.
  • edited January 2010
    I only got at the website after 35 minutes of trying.

And i rr my router, PC, tried time and time again to load it, never worked. :/
  • edited January 2010
    yeah i thought i registerd by just putting my name on the thread,didnt realize till i checked the players list that i hadnt actually registered silly me should of checked properly instead of presuming oh well till the next one.go team tikay
  • edited January 2010
    Everything was running fine until tko started, computer then froze, didnt get back on till quarter past.
  • edited January 2010
    I had same problem.

It is funny (not) when all other websites load immediately and Sky can't cope on TKO nights. If you remember a lot of people had problems first TKO.

Something is wrong.

Please get it sorted. 
  • edited January 2010

I feel for you guys.

As I said elsewhere, I was on a 7 yar-old crockity PC with very limited memory, but it was as smooth as silk.

I do, however, close all my other Tabs, & especially the Tournament Lobby.
  • edited January 2010
    Stop tryin to play on skypoker on your gameboy!!
  • edited January 2010
    I was on a table where there were 4 players away for half an hour--they could have forgot i spose, but two came on later
  • edited January 2010
    hi FINS--Sorry mate--why was you away?--would the table just not load or what?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke.:
    I was on a table where there were 4 players away for half an hour--they could have forgot i spose, but two came on later
    Posted by oynutter
    yes one of those away was me . and on my return when the game finally loaded  you promptly knocked me out.ha ha,,anyway well done to all that cashed and well done tikay for second spot you old luckbox.
  • edited January 2010
    kept coming up blank blue screen had to keep cancelling and reloading.eventually came on.i mentioned this earlier on this thread.no need to be sorry only had a few chips by then anyway mate.never had this problem before tho,,strange,normally get occasional freezing and thats it.. oh well worst things happen at sea i suppose.
  • edited January 2010
    I never have this problem other than last night.

My point is simple. So many players loading the webby up around the same time, means a fair few of us won't be able to get on....

With a software, this would never happen.

You can't blame someones PC (Although mine is Po0)

When everything is working fine, all other websites are working fine, i restarted my router, same problem occured (Just with Sky), restarted my PC, same problem occured (Just with Sky)

No flame here, but does it cost millions to make a software? As it seems to be the main thing the community wants, and we are being ignored.
  • edited January 2010
    Guys and Girls.  I used to have these sorts of problems all of the time and my lappy is spec'd right up.

I switched to google chrome (which is easy and free to download) and nearly all my issues have gone away.

I recommend to everyone to switch straight away!!

• edited January 2010
    Guys and Girls.  I used to have these sorts of problems all of the time and my lappy is spec'd right up. I switched to google chrome (which is easy and free to download) and nearly all my issues have gone away. I recommend to everyone to switch straight away!!
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    +1

Exactly the same for me
  • edited January 2010
    how do your tables run on google chrome?
    i swtiched to firefox the other day after hearing about the problems with internet explorer but the tables still run slow and freeze when I open up a new table.
  • edited January 2010
    I feel for you guys. As I said elsewhere, I was on a 7 yar-old crockity PC with very limited memory, but it was as smooth as silk. I do, however, close all my other Tabs, & especially the Tournament Lobby.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Think that may have been my problem, tried to open lobby. Oh well I will no better next time.
  • edited January 2010
    This is just stupid now.

Rich, Mods, someone in techie please sort out this nonsense. I'm now beginning to lose all faith in this site because the reliability is getting worse. I've got a decent spec laptop not even a year old & all I get is lagging or in some cases your cards get folded automatically. If someone cares to take a look at hand id 226039775 you will see just why I'm so angry right now.

I've tried IE, I've tried Firefox & this happened tonight on Google Chrome.

Please can someone explain what exactly is being done about this now because quite clearly more & more people are experiencing problems with the reliability here.

I like playing here WHEN IT WORKS but I'm not gonna sit at a cash table for ages waiting patiently for a hand where I can stack someone only to have the system fold my cards for me on the river.

EDIT: Just for the record, I only play 2 tables maximum at any one time & have absolutely nothing else running.
  • edited January 2010
    This is just stupid now. Rich, Mods, someone in techie please sort out this nonsense. I'm now beginning to lose all faith in this site because the reliability is getting worse. I've got a decent spec laptop not even a year old & all I get is lagging or in some cases your cards get folded automatically. If someone cares to take a look at hand id 226039775 you will see just why I'm so angry right now. I've tried IE, I've tried Firefox & this happened tonight on Google Chrome. Please can someone explain what exactly is being done about this now because quite clearly more & more people are experiencing problems with the reliability here. I like playing here WHEN IT WORKS but I'm not gonna sit at a cash table for ages waiting patiently for a hand where I can stack someone only to have the system fold my cards for me on the river. EDIT: Just for the record, I only play 2 tables maximum at any one time & have absolutely nothing else running.
    Posted by silentbob

hey there Jay,

i am really sorry to hear about your problems. let me see if i can get one of the team to respond to you personally. hopefully we'll get some advice to you that can help you out.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke. : hey there Jay, i am really sorry to hear about your problems. let me see if i can get one of the team to respond to you personally. hopefully we'll get some advice to you that can help you out. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. It took me a good 10 minutes to write that post because I was absolutely steaming and had to think about what I was typing so I didn't break any house rules with obscenities!

One question you might know the answer to, with Firefox, Adobe have a different flash player for it so earlier I checked to see if they had a different one for chrome but couldn't find one. Would that have made any difference on chrome?

Cheers

Jay
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke. : Hi Rich Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. It took me a good 10 minutes to write that post because I was absolutely steaming and had to think about what I was typing so I didn't break any house rules with obscenities! One question you might know the answer to, with Firefox, Adobe have a different flash player for it so earlier I checked to see if they had a different one for chrome but couldn't find one. Would that have made any difference on chrome? Cheers Jay
    Posted by silentbob
    ive seen 2 posts  extolling the virtues of chrome and one  not......
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke. : ive seen 2 posts  extolling the virtues of chrome and one  not......
    Posted by hogan2089
    TBF Hogan, I'm not convinced it was the fault of chrome but then I'm no expert on these things. When I've used chrome for other general browsing even I can see that it's definitely a lot quicker than IE. I certainly noticed it on the Sky sports site which is painfully slow on IE but almost instantaneous by comparison on chrome.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke. : TBF Hogan, I'm not convinced it was the fault of chrome but then I'm no expert on these things. When I've used chrome for other general browsing even I can see that it's definitely a lot quicker than IE. I certainly noticed it on the Sky sports site which is painfully slow on IE but almost instantaneous by comparison on chrome.
    Posted by silentbob
    i havent tried out chrome myself bob, but not used IE for ages, firefox is way quicker.

• edited January 2010
    Ok, after costing me almost my entire bankroll. I have decided that it is time to quit skypoker! With the constant annoyance of losing connection to the tables and tables freezing, skypoker will not see another penny from me! I am not enjoying poker on this site with its awful so-called updated site and software. So tomorrow morning, I'll be calling (because no doubt when I try online it will fail!) to have my account closed. Thank you for the very troubled time at skypoker and thank you for putting me off poker altogether skypoker.com! Complete nonsense!!!
  • edited January 2010
    By the way guys, it doesn't matter what spec you have on your computer or which server you use. I have tried on several computers (new and old), running different servers and the fault is the same. Skypoker.com is a sham!!! Which is a real shame, because it was great previously.
  • edited January 2010
    don't go 4s r us, sky are getting a download version of the site in a few weeks, and then everything will be floppin marvellous---thats right innit Rich?
  • edited January 2010
    Well I'm not putting anymore cash in! Last night, played double your money, got about 5 hands in then couldn't get back on. By the time I had, game had finished and thats how its been. Bankrolling me out!!
  • edited January 2010
    well, I know what cha mean m8---but do keep popping back to check when the download comes out--should be a floppin marvellous shortly after that happens--prosperity is just around the corner!--lol