You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Such a joke.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke.:
    Ok, after costing me almost my entire bankroll. I have decided that it is time to quit skypoker! With the constant annoyance of losing connection to the tables and tables freezing, skypoker will not see another penny from me! I am not enjoying poker on this site with its awful so-called updated site and software. So tomorrow morning, I'll be calling (because no doubt when I try online it will fail!) to have my account closed. Thank you for the very troubled time at skypoker and thank you for putting me off poker altogether skypoker.com! Complete nonsense!!!
    Posted by 4s_r_us

hey there,

i am really sorry to hear of your problems. let me try and get one of the team to respond to you. hopefully we'll be able to get you some technical advice that helps you out.

Rich
  • edited January 2010
    I managed a new low from my broadband connection last night. 0.19 Mb. My usual 0.8 - 1Mb that I moan about is a dream compared to 0.19Mb I am now looking to move away from Sky broadband as I have to try and do on-call work over that connection!

I continue to read about time out and connection issues along with freezing and while I know not everyone has the same kind of local issues as I do - I do belive a lot of the issues seen are caused by last mile. ISP/PC etc

That said we have calls that I thought needed raising realted to freezing, time outs and other issues. Some do now look to be last mile but others have now been raised with our Flash developers. Mr Nutter being one of them. We are trying to keep the look and feel of the site while keeping it secure and content rich - but this is a challenge when using Flash delivery.

We are looking to reduce the bandwidth requirements of the site tomorrow with a update. So this should help with many last mile faults.

There are other advancements we are working on that are intended to speed up the site and reduce drop outs - both in game play and from the looks of this post players. So I am sad to hear some of you are leaving I can see it is frustrating but I hope you visist from time to time as I believe tha majority of players will find their game play experience improving over the next few months.

Regards,

Sky Tech

• edited January 2010
    WHEN IS THE FLOPPIN DOWNLOAD COMING!!!!????
  • edited January 2010
    PS--0.19 MB is plenty fast enough to play on any other site on the net---its 190kbs---I have played on downloadable sites with an average speed of 28k---with no problems at all-----have you got any more excuses?
  • edited January 2010
    when sky goes screwy, and i keep it open. and play another friging flash player poker site  , ( just to make sure its not me), and that works fine, as it always does...is that an isp problem with me????....NO OF COURSE IT BLOODY AINT!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    I've never had any problems before and I'm not one to usually get wound up but I've just been booted from cash table mid hand! After few minutes attempting to get it back, I decided to load DYM up instead - it's only after that doesn't load for 10 minutes that I go onto Customer Chat and they tell me the sites down for maintenance! Fair enough but why not give message saying that rather than letting us continue to register for games we can't play - I'm confident refunds will be given for the STT/MTT so it's not end of the world but doubt I'll get money back from the cash game I was involved in! Just frustrating...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Such a joke.:
    I've never had any problems before and I'm not one to usually get wound up but I've just been booted from cash table mid hand! After few minutes attempting to get it back, I decided to load DYM up instead - it's only after that doesn't load for 10 minutes that I go onto Customer Chat and they tell me the sites down for maintenance! Fair enough but why not give message saying that rather than letting us continue to register for games we can't play - I'm confident refunds will be given for the STT/MTT so it's not end of the world but doubt I'll get money back from the cash game I was involved in! Just frustrating...
    Posted by Action_Dan

hey,

please see this thread