You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

forum future

13»

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: forum future:
    I can only speak for myself here, I've not been on the forums for a good while.....but what I've come back to is golden.  Conspiracy theories, collusion accusations, confessions, trolls, anti-trolls, aussi09, tikays diplomacy and patience, naming and shaming etc...... I could go on...... But basically......scandals sell. It may not be that good for sky pokers rep but I for one, certainly log on more than I did because of all this. The decline in other poker forums was interesting to read....but actually encouraging, as it seems that sky is keeping its head above water, whereas others are not. I do think that sometimes, things on here are a bit too heavily moderated and a bit strict.....although it used to be more strict if I remember.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    That's one of the peculiarities of Forums, & you are absolutely right, folks seem to love a good scandal, & it does pep up the Post Count.

It is a bit like Eastenders, or The Archers - viewing or listening figures go up when a big scandal goes off.

The night they ran out of salt & vinegar crisps in The Bull in Ambridge was a shocker, we were on the edge of our seats.
  • edited May 2015
    Only problem with the forum is too much poker chat, the funny 'it's rigged' things will always exist whilst people continue to respond to them.
    We need more food  and daft and pet related thingys.
    Favourite sandwiches.
    Bridges vs Aquaducts.
    How many rolos can you put in your mouth before you have to start chewing?
    Who would win in a fight between a curlywurly and a topic?
    If an orange is called an orange, why aren't lemons called yellows?

I'm involved in a live game tonight.  That'll be rigged. Obv. But I am dealing.

• edited May 2015
    Only problem with the forum is too much poker chat, the funny 'it's rigged' things will always exist whilst people continue to respond to them. We need more food  and daft and pet related thingys. Favourite sandwiches. Bridges vs Aquaducts. How many rolos can you put in your mouth before you have to start chewing? Who would win in a fight between a curlywurly and a topic? If an orange is called an orange, why aren't lemons called yellows? I'm involved in a live game tonight.  That'll be rigged. Obv. But I am dealing.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

not just me who wonders these things then ;)
  • edited May 2015
    oh and a full packet... obv :)
  • edited May 2015
    I like how you say, if an orange is called an orange.
  • edited May 2015
    Only problem with the forum is too much poker chat, the funny 'it's rigged' things will always exist whilst people continue to respond to them. We need more food  and daft and pet related thingys. Favourite sandwiches. Bridges vs Aquaducts. How many rolos can you put in your mouth before you have to start chewing? Who would win in a fight between a curlywurly and a topic? If an orange is called an orange, why aren't lemons called yellows? I'm involved in a live game tonight.  That'll be rigged. Obv. But I am dealing.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Karen!

How are you, where are you, what are you eating?
  • edited May 2015
    I like how you say, if an orange is called an orange.
    Posted by Slipwater
    IF, a Jaff a, is called an orange....

Confusing meself now.

Mashed potato vs rosti.
    Kendo Nackersacki vs Big Daddy.

ps. why is Jaff a, auto censored. Sky is a fruit racist!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: forum future : IF, a Jaff a, is called an orange.... Confusing meself now. Mashed potato vs rosti. Kendo Nackersacki vs Big Daddy. ps. why is Jaff a, auto censored. Sky is a fruit racist!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Because it is a pejorative term for... a certain ethnicity.
  • edited May 2015
    I 'd like to now where all the fish's thumbs disappear to
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: forum future : Karen! How are you, where are you, what are you eating?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tony. My little pumpkin!
    Brilliant Thanks.
    Back in Barrow for a wedding. Got here this early afternoon. Here for the weekend.
    Olives at the moment, just having a drink and then we all going to the Chinese for a buffet so I can attempt to eat my own body weight with prawns!

Big family thing tonight. Meal then back for drinks and a home game.  Not sure of plans for tomorrow but will try to lose some money at the PLO8 tables if I'm free.

xx
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: forum future : Tony. My little pumpkin! Brilliant Thanks. Back in Barrow for a wedding. Got here this early afternoon. Here for the weekend. Olives at the moment, just having a drink and then we all going to the Chinese for a buffet so I can attempt to eat my own body weight with prawns! Big family thing tonight. Meal then back for drinks and a home game.  Not sure of plans for tomorrow but will try to lose some money at the PLO8 tables if I'm free. xx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Wiiiiii
    Hi Karen
    See u on the tables tomorrow :-)
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    A-cheese salad sandwich ftw
    B-don't understand the question
    C-11
    D-topic is well 'ard so that's easy
    E-lemons were invented before the word yellow, so couldn't be named as such
    Good luck in your game Karen(obv not needed) ;)
    I Stand to be corrected about e but all other answers spot on ;)
  • edited May 2015
    What we need is a good murder or car crash
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: forum future : Because it is a pejorative term for... a certain ethnicity.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I thought that term referred to a certain 'inability'?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: forum future : I thought that term referred to a certain 'inability'?
    Posted by Benchmark
    Oh, you mean the seedless thing?

Yeah, but that's not what I meant... and it wouldn't be banned for that.
  • edited May 2015
    Major Blow with Aussie leaving!

What are the odds now?
  • edited May 2015
    I hope the forum carries on for a long long time.
    I am now one of the (probably) silent majority.
    I don't post (nor play unfortunately) anywhere near as much as I used to - life, family, work......
    I will try and do more! :))
    I do read when I get the chance and it would certainly be good to have a "read" or "like" button. It would be appreciated by the posters I think. 
    When I started the forum and posters helped me enormously in getting the basics understood. I still play the lowest stakes but that doesn't mean the advice was not appreciated nor taken on. I just currently have no inclination to move up. This place was one of the main reasons to stay (along with CH861 - much missed even with having the sports channels) and the reason I referred people to the site and still do.
    I enjoy the discussions and banter, I've agreed and disagreed with postings a lot but that's what the forum is for.

Good luck everyone, except those at my table/s as I hope to play tonight and I don't know how many sherberts I would have had by then!
  • edited May 2015
    Oh in answer to the questions
    1  -cheese and pickle sandwich
    2 - Aqueducts
    3 - as many as I can before my kids take them!
    4 close one, curly wurlies can be tough but I think a topic has it
    5 -  too deep for me similar to why don't wine gums have wine in them? May have a better idea later on when the brain cell has been lubricated
  • edited May 2015
    Oh in answer to the questions 1  -cheese and pickle sandwich 2 - Aqueducts 3 - as many as I can before my kids take them! 4 close one, curly wurlies can be tough but I think a topic has it 5 -  too deep for me similar to why don't wine gums have wine in them? May have a better idea later on when the brain cell has been lubricated
    Posted by walesboy
    ok
    1. A chip butty (may need to be explained to the southerners)
    2. Aqueducts no contest
    3. Usually just the one as I have no patience and frankly I am lucky if I can get that many before kids and wife swoop
    4. Now curly wurlies are tricky but surely no match no match for a topic.
    5. sorry but lemon is a colour, it's a pale shade of yellow, a bit like the colour of a mmmmmmmm lemon. Thought I would throw in a bit of contorversy there.
  • edited May 2015
    I use to read the forum religously but now I can take it or leave it. Always just seems to be moaning (the irony), conspiracies and just generally not the friendly place it used to be. Maybe because I cant access the forum during work means I've lost touch with the forum and my interest has dropped because of it i dunno.

I think the forum was a lot better when it only had the one clinic (and not the three) and there's too many sections in general. The Clinic, poker chat, rail, betting and BBV is all you need. I think that would go a long way to getting some life back into the forum.

Maybe nothing but has the removal of "top of the posts" had any negative impact?!
  • edited May 2015
    Yeah I thought the forum was getting a clean up, yet the Sky Poker Premiership section somehow is still there. Odd.