You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last Vegas....

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat

The secret's out!

We have one last £3,200 Vegas package up for grabs, and it could be yours!

We’ll be running a Last Vegas Freeroll tomorrow (Thursday) night at 9pm, and we’ll be giving away the final package to the winner.

To get involved, you need to earn 1,000 poker points between 5pm today and the start of the tournament.

Yes, it’s challenging, but it will be the same for everyone and we’re expecting that you’ll have a pretty good shot if you qualify!

There’s no cash alternative – so only play if you can make it to Vegas. If first place can’t make it, we’ll offer it to second place, and so on. This also means that this promotion isn't for you if you're already going.

Full details can be found here.

Good luck!

JP.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Omg - for a few minutes I was all excited - but then realised that I'd struggle to make 1000 points in a week let alone a day :(.  Am I right in thinking that to earn 1000 points it would mean contributing £1000 of rake?

As 1 of the big £10k package winners isn't going to Vegas apparently does this mean there will be an additional chance to win that remaining package?
  • edited June 2015
    Good luck I most definitely cant make 1000 points in 3 months let alone a day lol
    but for anyone who can what a lovely opportunity.
    I came so so close but no cigar but I really hope all those that go have the most amazing time
    win loads and come back with loads of stories.
    Maybe its a mistake and it should read 100 points now that I might manage lol.

Good luck to all those who can enter.
    Nannypat66
  • edited June 2015
    BUMP

Just under 12 hours remaining to earn 1,000 points!
  • edited June 2015
    bad promo this! good your giving a free seat in a freeroll like but what about people who cant grind for the 28 hours u have allocated! have got 14k c4p this month an because am not on today i cant reg to it! 

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas....:
    bad promo this! good your giving a free seat in a freeroll like but what about people who cant grind for the 28 hours u have allocated! have got 14k c4p this month an because am not on today i cant reg to it! 
    Posted by nslater112
    Hi - it's unfortunate you are unable to play but it's impossible for us to make it a time to suit every single player. For those that are able, this will be great value. Let's hope you're free next time we do a similar promo.

Good luck to those who make the event, it will be exciting.
  • edited June 2015
    haha great reply thanks! obviously this promo is set for your big stake cash players!! also  can u put in a time section where u check c4p cuz u only have dates so i put 17th june - 18th june it says i have 1100 c4p but i no i havent got that from the time u set ! been on live chat an they cant check so how do u find out?? 
  • edited June 2015
    haha great reply thanks! obviously this promo is set for your big stake cash players!! also  can u put in a time section where u check c4p cuz u only have dates so i put 17th june - 18th june it says i have 1100 c4p but i no i havent got that from the time u set ! been on live chat an they cant check so how do u find out?? 
    Posted by nslater112
    Hi - we've sent you a PM
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas.... : Hi - we've sent you a PM
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    ok thanks. time you put in to sky an its still not good enough to enter a freeroll! good luck to all  the big cash regs in this freeroll
  • edited June 2015
    So there is a Vegas Package and a Live MTT seat up for grabs, but It's impossible for a MTT player to win it!

I think this is a bit Dodgy tbh, it seems to be encouraging manic gambling for 24hours or so. Im sure sky will say thats not true but im guessing less than 0.05% of players on this site make over 1k points each day.

I just hope no one goes crazy and plays well above their normal levels to try and get into the freeroll.

• edited June 2015
    Well - I must admit I thought I had no hope of making 1000 points in a night as I only usually play MTTS aswell.  I asked for advice on earning points quickly and was advised to play some S&Gs and HU games.  I can't multi table as much as I'd have liked so I ended up playing 2 tables at a time last night (HU games) as my lappy was doing a huge update and was very laggy.  It took me 5 hours to hit the 1000 points - and played 100 or so £22 games!!  I could have tried cash games but as I've not played much cash games and don't really fancy it I gave it a miss.  I was lucky enought to end up slightly up on the night - but could have been a lot worse if it had gone the other way.  Just added up all the numbers and saw that I spent £2,095.50 on buy ins!!!!   Glad I didn't realise it before I started or I would never have even tried lol.

It was bleeding hard work - and I'll prob be first out tonight anyway when the game runs - but at least I gave it a good go!!

Good luck all who are trying this.
  • edited June 2015
    Well - I must admit I thought I had no hope of making 1000 points in a night as I only usually play MTTS aswell.  I asked for advice on earning points quickly and was advised to play some S&Gs and HU games.  I can't multi table as much as I'd have liked so I ended up playing 2 tables at a time last night (HU games) as my lappy was doing a huge update and was very laggy.  It took me 5 hours to hit the 1000 points - and played 100 or so £22 games!!  I could have tried cash games but as I've not played much cash games and don't really fancy it I gave it a miss.  I was lucky enought to end up slightly up on the night - but could have been a lot worse if it had gone the other way.  Just added up all the numbers and saw that I spent £2,095.50 on buy ins!!!!   Glad I didn't realise it before I started or I would never have even tried lol. It was bleeding hard work - and I'll prob be first out tonight anyway when the game runs - but at least I gave it a good go!! Good luck all who are trying this.
    Posted by IrishRose

Hope you were in profit Rose!  GL for the freeroll
  • edited June 2015
    So there is a Vegas Package and a Live MTT seat up for grabs, but It's impossible for a MTT player to win it! I think this is a bit Dodgy tbh, it seems to be encouraging manic gambling for 24hours or so. Im sure sky will say thats not true but im guessing less than 0.05% of players on this site make over 1k points each day. I just hope no one goes crazy and plays well above their normal levels to try and get into the freeroll.
    Posted by jordz16
    Stop whining pal, 8 table 50nl for 5-6 hours and you should be in if you want it that bad :)
  • edited June 2015
    i think sky have done a gd job with this freerole. and have hd a hard time from some. ok i made the 1k points playing heads up hypes not for everyone i admit. but i would rather see a freerole with 20-35 in it then a 150 player freeroll in it. gl all that made it and wp sky on running a fantastic promotion.
  • edited June 2015
    not whining, and wont be bothered about going for it, Im on Holiday during the dates anyway, hence why i havent taken part in any promo or any sattelites. I just think promos like these can encourage some people to lose money they might not be able to afford... 

lets say someone has got to 600/700 points playing Sng's or cash, and they a few hundred down, they will feel committed to making 1000 points even if its a bad financial decision, I understand its everyones personal responsibility to only spend what they can afford, i just think sky should look to promote responsible gambling.
  • edited June 2015
    not whining, and wont be bothered about going for it, Im on Holiday during the dates anyway, hence why i havent taken part in any promo or any sattelites. I just think promos like these can encourage some people to lose money they might not be able to afford... 

lets say someone has got to 600/700 points playing Sng's or cash, and they a few hundred down, they will feel committed to making 1000 points even if its a bad financial decision, I understand its everyones personal responsibility to only spend what they can afford, i just think sky should look to promote responsible gambling.
  • edited June 2015
    Well - I must admit I thought I had no hope of making 1000 points in a night as I only usually play MTTS aswell.  I asked for advice on earning points quickly and was advised to play some S&Gs and HU games.  I can't multi table as much as I'd have liked so I ended up playing 2 tables at a time last night (HU games) as my lappy was doing a huge update and was very laggy.  It took me 5 hours to hit the 1000 points - and played 100 or so £22 games!!  I could have tried cash games but as I've not played much cash games and don't really fancy it I gave it a miss.  I was lucky enought to end up slightly up on the night - but could have been a lot worse if it had gone the other way.  Just added up all the numbers and saw that I spent £2,095.50 on buy ins!!!!   Glad I didn't realise it before I started or I would never have even tried lol. It was bleeding hard work - and I'll prob be first out tonight anyway when the game runs - but at least I gave it a good go!! Good luck all who are trying this.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Good luck in the freeroll IrishRose!
  • edited June 2015
    its not fare on the players who have no chance of getting 1000 points
    what about the working class who been with sky from the start
    in the passed sky use too play a 20-000 points mtt why not now
    or play a 20 or  30 pound m t t
  • edited June 2015
    So there is a Vegas Package and a Live MTT seat up for grabs, but It's impossible for a MTT player to win it! I think this is a bit Dodgy tbh, it seems to be encouraging manic gambling for 24hours or so. Im sure sky will say thats not true but im guessing less than 0.05% of players on this site make over 1k points each day. I just hope no one goes crazy and plays well above their normal levels to try and get into the freeroll.
    Posted by jordz16

Hi Jordz - it genuinely isn't there to encorage that, as will all the promos and events we do. This promo exists to rewards the many loyal players who do earn that number of points in a day, just as the rewards freerolls etc are for people earning less points - we try to cater for and reward different groups of people.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited June 2015
    I have stopped playing, was earning approx 800 points per month playing MTTs, new promo not my cup of tea, good luck to those who can play. If I could afford to play so much poker in 24hrs to earn 1000 points I am sure I probably could afford to pay my own way.
  • edited June 2015
    its not fare on the players who have no chance of getting 1000 points what about the working class who been with sky from the start in the passed sky use too play a 20-000 points mtt why not now or play a 20 or  30 pound m t t
    Posted by EBBERDON
    Hi Ebberdon

This isnt a promo to suit all players we admit, but it is liked very much by others. As to the 1000 points level, it is quite high but the prize is very good too. If we had say said 100 points instead, we would have no doubt got people complaining that was too much also.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sky Poker
  • edited June 2015
    i think sky have done a gd job with this freerole. and have hd a hard time from some. ok i made the 1k points playing heads up hypes not for everyone i admit. but i would rather see a freerole with 20-35 in it then a 150 player freeroll in it. gl all that made it and wp sky on running a fantastic promotion.
    Posted by rspca12
    Who's give them a hard time m8? My point is I got 14k c4p play every day but can't play today as my wife is having a op an can't get on till tonight so my point is the 28hour allocated doesn't suit a lot of people especially people working! If it was 17th June to the 18 June I'd have over 1k but cuz it started at 7pm 17th June am just short! Hopefully I can pick her up before 6 to get the 100 points i need! Gl in it tho
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by IrishRose
    Great effort on the points IrishRose!

I know you've been trying to bag one of these so would be great to see you get there! Good luck!
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by IrishRose

Very well done. I'm glad you ended up slghtly ahead, slightly down would still have been good going. 

The very best of luck in the freeroll!
  • edited June 2015
    well done Rose go do it for all of us nearly's but not quite lol.
    Go Go Go get em and win win win when you get to Vegas.
    Nannypat66
  • edited June 2015
    It took me 5 hours to hit the 1000 points - and played 100 or so £22 games!!  
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hope you run golden tonight Rose, imagine there is going to be a fantastic rail if you are still there when it gets to final table time!
  • edited June 2015

Good luck Rose.
  • edited June 2015
    i hope Rose gets it,shes a tryer thats for sure a very good player too
  • edited June 2015
    I thnk 28 hours was too much seeing as I managed 1k points in 3 hours! Just kidding ofc :P

Obviously for selfish reasons I love this promotion - thought I wouldn't be able to do it as was busy all today but thankfully it started last night. I just had to leave packing a suitcase for my holiday in the morning! I could easily have missed out had I been busy, but that's life. 

As for this promotion encouraging excessive gambling - that's pretty much what all points race promotions do and not specific just to this one. 

In response to Ebberdon - Promotions should be designed to encourage low stake players to play more but also to keep the high stakes players that give a lot of rake to sky incentive to play. Low stake players now get a £1k freeroll every night which is completely useless to high stake players.

Maybe sky need to target the middle stake players too, that is something that definitely could be improved on.
  • edited June 2015
    tough field
    gl all
    but most of all
    TID Rosarie

• edited June 2015
    Posted by nslater112
    I see you managed to make it in the end :)