You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last Vegas....

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Nice to see two of the original TSP playing!
  • edited June 2015
    Great promo sky.  Rewarding the players who put in the hours and hard work.
  • edited June 2015
    so unlucky Rose you really should have won you deserved it. Ok so next year its girls only for Vegas lol
    Wp and gl on the tables.
    Nannypat66
  • edited June 2015
    how many entered?
    who was the last one standing?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas....:
    how many entered? who was the last one standing?
    Posted by dazed1
    Think it got about 25 ish runners, the final 3 were Ivan, Zinfan and Lundie, and Lundie won it
  • edited June 2015
    wp lundie,go and enjoy yourself and take it all in,wd
  • edited June 2015
    cheers stokefc, anyone know the best site for flights for 2 people? I can only find ones for around £800 each 
  • edited June 2015
    cheers stokefc, anyone know the best site for flights for 2 people? I can only find ones for around £800 each 
    Posted by lundie
    Congrats on the win Lundie.

You can expect to receive a call today with more information.

Skyscanner seems to be the best option for finding flights, however, £800 per person isn't far off the mark.
  • edited June 2015
    Many congrats on your win Lundie - hope you have a fab time in Vegas - and run golden!!

• edited June 2015
    Posted by lundie
    hhfyryfyrdtdr is usually very good at finding the best available deals

• edited June 2015
    Posted by lundie
    Sad to say, but £800 for one flight is not a bad price at this late stage.

I don't mind having a mooch about the web and see what I can dig up.

If you let me know your preferred airport/s, dates (package dates or going out before?), and if you'd be happy to fly indirect, I'll get on it straight away.

Don't forget your ESTA!

VWP last night.
  • edited June 2015
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Well done Lundie!
    My good luck message at the Dym tables worked.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas.... : Sad to say, but £800 for one flight is not a bad price at this late stage. I don't mind having a mooch about the web and see what I can dig up. If you let me know your preferred airport/s, dates (package dates or going out before?), and if you'd be happy to fly indirect, I'll get on it straight away. Don't forget your ESTA! VWP last night.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    That's so kind - I'll be contacting you when I need to book my next holiday! :)
  • edited June 2015
    cheers hhy glasgow edinburgh or aberdeen is fine for airports leaving 28th to the 5th and indirect is ok as long as its not crazy waits in the airports. 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas.... : That's so kind - I'll be contacting you when I need to book my next holiday! :)
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    you dont have to book a holiday to contact him he wont mind,he wont mind at all infact he,ll be desperate for you to contact him ;)
  • edited June 2015
    cheers hhy glasgow edinburgh or aberdeen is fine for airports leaving 28th to the 5th and indirect is ok as long as its not crazy waits in the airports. 
    Posted by lundie
    Aberdeen has an airport?! ;)

Will have a look around for you bud.

Behave Stoke!
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by lundie
    Unfortunately the availability and choice is the same as my frame; slim.

Obviously it's peak season for Vegas, so all the best flights (and connecting flights) have been mostly snapped up. Found a couple of flights that might be of interest.

First one is from Aberdeen. It's a 2 stop job, but I wouldn't be too put off by that. Leaves Aberdeen at 08.30, arrives Heathrow at 10.00. Leaves Heathrow at 12.50 and arrives in New York at 15.40. Leaves NY at 17.00 and arrives in Vegas at 19.55. Total travel time is about 19.5 hours. Similar itinerary coming back, leave Vegas at 08.41 to Chicago, then Chicago overnight to Heathrow, and then onwards to Scotland, landing at sunny Aberdeen at 11.30 on the Monday morning. Price is £699, using a combo of British Airways and American Airlines (flown long haul with both, both fine)

If you can get to Manchester, the other flight is from there and is a one stop flight. Manchester - Chicago - Vegas, leaving MANC at 09.30 and getting into Vegas at 15.30. Coming back is just the reverse, leaving Vegas at 08.41 and landing back into Manchester at 06.55 via Chicago. This is £693 on American Airlines.

Unfortunately that's just about it, unless you want to spend a lot more than the prices above. There are one stop flights from Scotland, but the travel times involved are absurd, so I wouldn't be put off by the 2 stop one from Aberdeen.

One benefit of flying indirect is that you will go through US customs/immigration at the first entry point, so when you land in Vegas you are a domestic passenger and can breeze straight out the airport and straight to the Strip.

I don't know where you are based in relation to Aberdeen, but I'd be inclined to snap up that flight above if you want to keep the price down as much as possible, without having a 10 hour+ wait in an airport.

If I can do anything else then just yell.
  • edited June 2015
    yeah aberdeen one sounds great manchester is a bit far for me so if you can give me the website for the aberdeen flight will get it booked.
  • edited June 2015
    yeah aberdeen one sounds great manchester is a bit far for me so if you can give me the website for the aberdeen flight will get it booked.
    Posted by lundie
    Will PM you.

Edit - Sent.
  • edited June 2015

oooh, well done lundie.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas.... : I see you managed to make it in the end :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    haha ye m8 got on at 7pm an grinded a few dyms! ul on ft m8, but wp lundie gl in vegas an gll the rest going
  • edited June 2015

Nice one Lundie. I'll see you there.

I must admit this thread has just baffled me. If you were Sky Poker and you had one last freeroll where you were going to give away a valuable package for a once in a lifetime trip isn't it a total no-brainer that you attempt to give it to a loyal regular customer? Posting to say I don't really play all that much on Sky but I'd quite like a holiday feels like quite a weak argument.
  • edited June 2015
    Well done Lundie. I really hoped Rose would have got it. I know how much she wanted to go. Oh well always next year. Me and Rose will be going to Vegas!
  • edited June 2015
     Nice one Lundie. I'll see you there.  I must admit this thread has just baffled me. If you were Sky Poker and you had one last freeroll where you were going to give away a valuable package for a once in a lifetime trip isn't it a total no-brainer that you attempt to give it to a loyal regular customer? Posting to say I don't really play all that much on Sky but I'd quite like a holiday feels like quite a weak argument.
    Posted by NChanning
    What baffles you m8??? Who said they don't really play sky, but would like a free holiday??
  • edited June 2015
     Nice one Lundie. I'll see you there.  I must admit this thread has just baffled me. If you were Sky Poker and you had one last freeroll where you were going to give away a valuable package for a once in a lifetime trip isn't it a total no-brainer that you attempt to give it to a loyal regular customer? Posting to say I don't really play all that much on Sky but I'd quite like a holiday feels like quite a weak argument.
    Posted by NChanning
    And I'm disappointed in your views of "loyal regular customer" someone who plays small stakes but still puts the hours in are just as loyal and regular as the higher stakes who found it so easy to earn 1000 points in 24 hours. Maybe you should of looked at your wording before posting as that baffles me �� 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Last Vegas.... : What baffles you m8??? Who said they don't really play sky, but would like a free holiday??
    Posted by nslater112
    Us cheapskates who play below the 1000 points in 1 day level it seems, jj just trolling.

Must agree though, it seems its just the same stuff over and over again on this forum, very casual players constantly thinking they should be rewarded or compensated for playing here just as much as regs/pros, get over it and stop complaining every time a promotion does not suit you, the entitlement generation......

WOW check out the irony, as I posted that, there comes Nslater again with COMPENSATE ME FOR THE TIME I SPEND ON HERE, are you being serious ffs? you ppl are crazy ITS A FUPPING BUSINESS! Why would they reward a customer who spends £10 as much as a customer who spends £100? Where do these ideas even stem from? What makes you think you are entitled to as much as everyone else?
  • edited June 2015

It looked like a really good shot at winning a massive prize for playing five hours two-tabling £20 games. While I appreciate that £20 is above the average players stakes it hardly seems completely impossible to ever imagine. It is also possible to play four tables or more and the time period was 28 hours so maybe 10 hours 2-tabling £10.

I guess if the promotion asked people to earn 500 then 80 people may have made the freeroll and we'd have a thread full of people complaining that the freeroll is useless as there are too many people in it.

I read one person saying he wouldn't be around during the time, one saying he takes months to play those amounts and one saying that he doesn't play at all. That was what baffled me. Should the promos reward people that don't play on the site?
  • edited June 2015
     It looked like a really good shot at winning a massive prize for playing five hours two-tabling £20 games. While I appreciate that £20 is above the average players stakes it hardly seems completely impossible to ever imagine. It is also possible to play four tables or more and the time period was 28 hours so maybe 10 hours 2-tabling £10.  I guess if the promotion asked people to earn 500 then 80 people may have made the freeroll and we'd have a thread full of people complaining that the freeroll is useless as there are too many people in it.  I read one person saying he wouldn't be around during the time, one saying he takes months to play those amounts and one saying that he doesn't play at all. That was what baffled me. Should the promos reward people that don't play on the site?
    Posted by NChanning
    No one expects them to reward people that don't play on the site and with any promo you are gonna get people complaining as it doesn't suit, your never gonna please everyone at the same time, I was glad there Was only 22 in it an I still didn't manage to win hahaha, my point is I see low stake players just as loyal as the high stake players, just thought you could of worded it better 
  • edited June 2015
    Us small stakes players me included and I don't class myself as a cheapskate (not having a go at you Janana :) ) had our chance to get to vegas through the satellites! Why open it up to everyone when we all had a chance at getting there? For one there really isn't enough time to do that. Secondly ever thought about how you will get the money for the flights etc at such short notice if you haven't got the bank roll to do it?  If I had the bank roll to get the points I wouldn't hesitate to do it. I wish all who manage to get the points to enter in to the Vegas tourney the very best of luck and who ever takes it down will be a worthy winner. Good luck to you all. :)
  • edited June 2015

There were loads of Vegas packages given away this year and I thought there was a really well thought out plan to give some to different types of players, it was possible to win them in super-sats and to get them through freerolls. My understanding is that this package was one that came up at the last minute and I thought it made sense to offer it to people playing poker right now.

I certainly did not say that low stakes players are not loyal, my point was totally that people who play are loyal players, whether they play high stakes or low stakes, my point was totally that people who posted to say they had no chance of getting 1000 points because they are infrequent players or they do not play at all are not as loyal as the regulars that this promotion was intending to reward.

As in all of these things my surprise is that people seem confused that when Sky Poker offers promotions and rewards they aim them at people who play on the site.