You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    All the players are now in the Amazon room, playing alongside the ESPN feature table. The noise of chips riffling is somewhat deafening.

I have just had a stroll round the tables and have seen 7 of our guys battling away. No sign of Steven Lundie or David Maudlin but that doesn't mean they are no longer running, there are about 700 bodies still grinding away.

Chip counts for the Sky Poker guys who I did see:

Arpad Demeter - 83k, As I walked past the board read 10 J Q K A with no suits. Arpad lead out 7k on the river, a very confused villian eventually popped in the chips for the call and the chop was made. 

Tim Rowland - 65k, I don't think I have seen Timmy this week without his SnapBack on back to front. Must make you a good player judging by the remainder of the players who are also sporting this. 

Gerard Gardner - 35k Ticking along nicely without much drama today

David Watkin - 50k, I imagine he must be out of his comfort zone with more than 10 big blinds.

Lee Rogers - 32k, Apologies to Lee as I walked past he was doubling a shorty up when his 10 10 lost a race to A Q, the Ace flopped but we did have a club sweat on the river that missed.

Paul Jackson 43k, Paul has just moved tables. May I suggest an eye test for Mr Jackson who thought he may have moved to Johnny Chan's table. However I look more like Johnny Chan than the guy in question.

James Jeffery 43k - Getting it quietly (literally)
  • edited July 2015

Level 13 has commenced, with blinds now 800-1,600/200.

If the plasmas are up to date (they are not), 711 remain.
  • edited July 2015

Am not 100% certain, but I think we just lost Lee Rogers. Am trying to clarify this.  
  • edited July 2015

20 minutes remain of Level 13, & the plasmas suggest that 630 players remain in contention.

The Dinner break is after Level 16, so with 468 paid, the bubble is likely to burst half an hour either side of dinner. Think I'll go for after dinner, as it tightens up dramatically near the bubble.  

• edited July 2015
    Dinner will taste sooooo good for our boys who are still in. keep up the good work Tikay
  • edited July 2015
    I am afraid I come with Bad news:

3 men overboard!!

Lee Rogers got his last 9 big blinds in the middle from the button with Q 6. The gentleman in the BB looked him up with AA. It didn't end well for Lee.

David Maudlin bust earlier to day shipping AJ into the Big Blinds KQ and unfortunately not holding.

AJ was not a friend for James Jeffery either I am afraid. The flop came Jack high but unfortunately the villian had slow played KK to perfection.

With that I believe we are down to 5. 
  • edited July 2015

Level 14 has commenced, & there are, supposedly, 576 left, so we are 108 off the money.  
  • edited July 2015
    Finally got busted with my suited Q6 clubs.  Down to 9 bigs and AA looked me up.  Oh well, made up that I got as far as I did since it was my first time playing live.

Just wanted to say thanks to Sky for this amazing opportunity to play in Vegas.  Everyone has been great and good luck to those that remain.

PS

Look out Stuaty117 and Wardstar84 I am coming back to the £3.30 DYMs!  
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.:
    Finally got busted with my suited Q6 clubs.  Down to 9 bigs and AA looked me up.  Oh well, made up that I got as far as I did since it was my first time playing live. Just wanted to say thanks to Sky for this amazing opportunity to play in Vegas.  Everyone has been great and good luck to those that remain. PS Look out Stuaty117 and Wardstar84 I am coming back to the £3.30 DYMs!  
    Posted by Grae
    Tremendous effort, & the main thing is you enjoyed it, & had an unforgettable experience.
  • edited July 2015
    Great updates by everyone(players included). How many sky players left Tikay/Sam? And is old man Paul Jackson or Timmyrara(cant remember real name at this time of night) still in the tournament?
  • edited July 2015
    I was speaking to barry greenstein in the restroom duing the first break of the 10k HORSE event. He told me that he had been very intimidated by a british unkown, late registrant sat on his left. Afterwards i went to see to who this absolute baller was and i was surprised and proud to see sky's very own tony "tikay" kendall sitting there. Good luck tk!!!!!!

Updates to follow
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.:
    Great updates by everyone(players included). How many sky players left Tikay/Sam? And is old man Paul Jackson or Timmyrara(cant remember real name at this time of night) still in the tournament?
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Both Paul Jackson & Timmy are clinging on grimly, with blinds at 1,000-2,000. They can both cash. Think Timmy has 45,000, & Paul 30,000.

504 left.

Wacko has some 60,000. 

Arpad has 110,000.  
  • edited July 2015

Paul Jackson just lost a 50,000 pot to leave him with 16,000 @ 1,200-2,400/400 after the current 20 minute break.
  • edited July 2015
    We have 4 left and we are 25ish from the money.

Tim Rowland has just doubled up with QQ> KJ and has 82k.

I am going to sweat the money bubble with them and will hopefully return with good news.
  • edited July 2015
    gl gl guys

Spin it Jac!!
  • edited July 2015
    Gerard Gardner busted out just before the last break.

Gerard was sitting comfortable on a stack of 62k but had an accident on an AA6 flop. Gerard was holding A10 whilst his opponet had AQ.
  • edited July 2015

480 left, 12 off the money.

We are trying to nurse Paul Jackson over the line, but we need some positive vibes from you guys back home.
  • edited July 2015
    This is tense, we are 10 from the money.

Jac35 is clinging. The rest seem comfortable. Tikay and I are more stressed than those boys.
  • edited July 2015
    oh my.  i am feeling the tension myself.  think i shall have another glass of wine and hope that jac35 can sprint over the line
  • edited July 2015

BUBBLE TIME, & we have drama here.

468 paid, 469 left.

Paul Jackson has 4,600 @ 2,400-1,200/400. 

He has the Button, but the antes will cost him 400 per hand.

Can he cling on?

• edited July 2015

Somehow, Paul Jackson clung on & cashed.

Think he'll widen his range now with just under 2 Bigs.
  • edited July 2015

...and Paul Jackson, somewhat carelessly imo, jammed his 2 Bigs with 6-7, got looked up by Carlos Mortensen, & is now bust. Still, $1,800 will ease the pain.
  • edited July 2015
    We are down to 3 and all have at least 30 bigs. Lets go get some big cash. The rest of the qualifiers are already dreaming of a Sky Poker final table rail.
  • edited July 2015
    ...and Paul Jackson, somewhat carelessly imo, jammed his 2 Bigs with 6-7, got looked up by Carlos Mortensen, & is now bust. Still, $1,800 will ease the pain.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Another bad beat.  He needs his ID to collect from the cage.  Such bad luck....

P.S.  WP Jac
  • edited July 2015
    I bust out not long before the money. I had a fab time. The guys over here really are working overtime to keep you posted.  Thanks Sam and Tikay.  I'm sure Dan is working his socks off too but I haven't seen him to much.

Vegas is the nuts.
  • edited July 2015
    I bust out not long before the money. I had a fab time. The guys over here really are working overtime to keep you posted.  Thanks Sam and Tikay.  I'm sure Dan is working his socks off too but I haven't seen him to much. Vegas is the nuts.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanks James.

As it happens, we've not seen Dan since Saturday either.

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Vegas really is the Live poker nuts.

• edited July 2015
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    Thanks also to the Sky team. They've all looked after us brilliantly and the updates have been great.

He did look a bit like Chan, Sam ;)
  • edited July 2015
    This was the scene about an hour or so ago on the bubble. You can just make out Paul Jackson at the front really suffering.