You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    We are at the dinner break on day 2, interviews have been done with our remaining players who are all in good spirits.

The blinds upon resumption will be 2000/4000 with a running ante of 500.

Arpad Demeter has 120,000, David Watkin 50,000 and Tim Rowland 30,000.

The guys will play 4 more levels today before play resumes at 2pm tomorrow.
  • edited July 2015

The dinner break has ended, & play in Level 17 has started.

I'll go see how our intrepid trio are faring.

• edited July 2015

David Watkin 55,000.

Aprad Demeter 148,000. Or "37 Bigs" as he prefers to call it. Cash game player, see?
  • edited July 2015

The drama was reserved for Tim Rowlands, & I arrived at his table to see all of his 28,500 chips (just 7 Bigs) in the middle.

Inevitably, he gets looked up.

Tim 10s 10d

Looker Upper Ad 7h

The flop was nice & safe.

Qh 8c 3h

The Turn card was a double dagger to Tim......

Ah

So that Ace is not only enough to win the hand, but it brings a 3rd heart on board, so that means Tim has exactly ONE out.

Tim was getting up to go as the most beautiful 10c rivered.

BOOMIO

Full 2xUp to around 60,000.

oioi

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.:
    The drama was reserved for Tim Rowlands, & I arrived at his table to see all of his 28,500 chips (just 7 Bigs) in the middle.   Inevitably, he gets looked up.   Tim 10s 10d Looker Upper Ad 7h The flop was nice & safe. Qh 8c 3h The Turn card was a double dagger to Tim...... Ah So that Ace is not only enough to win the hand, but it brings a 3rd heart on board, so that means Tim has exactly ONE out. Tim was getting up to go as the most beautiful 10c rivered. BOOMIO Full 2xUp to around 60,000. oioi  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Plays good and runs good, I will start planning the final table rail
  • edited July 2015

It's all going off here.......

David Watkin gets his short stack in with A-10 & is outpipped one spot by A-J & failed to improve, exiting in (approx.) 200th place.
  • edited July 2015

Once again, though, it was Tim Rowlands who caused all the drama.

As I arrived at his table, fresh from his previous one outer, the other players pointed at me warily "its his double up minder" sot of thing. They were wrong.

EP made it 10,000.

Billy Big stack smoothed the 10,000.

Tim SHOVED for 48,500.

Geezer behind Tim RE-SHOVES for 122.500.

Opener FOLDS.

Billy Big Stack CALLS the 122,500. 

3 way coup then.
  • edited July 2015

Billy Big Stack - 10-10 (both black)

Tim J-J

122,500 Man - Ad-Kc

Door card........

JACK

Flop was J-4-6, dd

Turn 8d

River 6d.

My heart sank when I saw the river, as the diamond bought the 4 flush, so 122,500 Man would take it with his Ad. Except that it paired the board, so Tim rivered the full house to.......

(More than) TREBLE UP
  • edited July 2015

So it's Tim & Arpad flying the Sky Poker flag.
  • edited July 2015

243 remain, blinds 2,500-5,000/500.
  • edited July 2015

More Drama

And guess who was involved again?

Yup, Tim Rowlands........

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.:
    So it's Tim & Arpad flying the Sky Poker flag.
    Posted by Tikay10

Great to see two Sky Qualifiers still alive. The Tim three-way coup was the first thing I saw when I opened up the WSOP updates this morning.

Current payout level is $2664, next ladder to just over $3K is at position 216.

Good luck to both Tim & Arpad
  • edited July 2015

I'm going to have to tell you their hands before I run the board out.

Mr How Could I Lose? 7-4

Tim A-10

Flop?

4-7-4

A beaut of a flop for Mr How Could I Lose?, who has flopped a boat.

Think he checked, & Tim tried to nick it, I'm not sure.

Turn A

So, 4-7-4-A

Tim now THINKS he has a chance, he has 2 pair, but does not realise he is up against a flopped boat.

And would you believe the river?

A

4-7-4-A-A

So Mr How Could I Lose who flopped a boat has been out-boated.

And he could not quite believe the pot was pushed to Tim. "I FLOPPED A FULL HOUSE, HOW COULD I LOSE?"

He was last seen wandering round The Amazon Room, muttering "how did I lose that?"

Meanwhile Tim was - wait for it - 248,000.

How do these things happen?

• edited July 2015
    Who else is still in?

Well according to the WSOP Chip Counts lists, which is very incomplete and may well be out of date

Simon Deadman & Craig McCorkell are both going strong. Adrian Apmann who beat Barny Boatman among others to win a bracelet a week ago still has chips, as does Dominik Nitsche, Men "the master" Nguyen, Andy Frankenberger, Matt Stout, Barry Greenstein, Allen Cunningham and Olympic gold medal hockey player Fatima Moreira de Melo. Both Chris Moorman and Eugene Katchalov are listed with a "bowl".

We've laddered to $3074.
  • edited July 2015
    Who else is still in? Well according to the WSOP Chip Counts lists, which is very incomplete and may well be out of date Simon Deadman & Craig McCorkell are both going strong. Adrian Apmann who beat Barny Boatman among others to win a bracelet a week ago still has chips, as does Dominik Nitsche, Men "the master" Nguyen, Andy Frankenberger, Matt Stout, Barry Greenstein, Allen Cunningham and Olympic gold medal hockey player Fatima Moreira de Melo. Both Chris Moorman and Eugene Katchalov are listed with a "bowl". We've laddered to $3074.
    Posted by FCHD
    I railed Simon Deadman for a while earlier this evening, just chatting with him about this & that.

He Raised FIVE HANDS running, with no reply from anyone.

Next hand, he had the Button, & raised again, for 6 in a row.

The SB moved all-in. (He had A-K).

The BB moved all-in. (He had Q-Q).

Simon Deadman..................called. He had A-A.

Amazing game, this poker. When people say that Online Poker is rigged for action, well, what can you say?

• edited July 2015

The final break of the day has commenced (20 minute break), which will be the precursor to the last two levels of Day Two.

216 players remain, from the original 4,555.

We have a decent chance of getting Arpad & Tim through to Day Three. Would not have bet on that an hour ago.    

• edited July 2015

MAN OVERBOARD

Unforch, Arpad is OUT.

He had 17 Bigs & J-J, & it was a real action hand, his J-J v A-Q v A-A. The worst hand going in, A-Q, got the lot.

It was just before the break, so at a guess, he finished 220th or so.

Fine fine effort by Arpad, & a quick shout-out to Molly, his young Lady, who railed him every yard.

• edited July 2015

Tim Rowlands in action again, very last hand before the break.

He was UTG, & had 2-2. Not sure if he raised, but it went to the flop FOUR way.

The Flop - well you've guessed, right? - was 2-2-x.

So Tim FLOPPED QUADS.

He now has a whopping 320,000 starting this level. He started the level after dinner (2 levels ago) with 30,000.

In those 2 levels he.....

Rivered a one outer to double up.

Rivered a Full House to more than treble up. 

Rivered a runner runner Full House to beat a flopped full house.

Flopped quads.

Within the context of a big event, that's some remarkable run.  

• edited July 2015
    Arpad finished 216th for $3074. He was the second player out after the money jump, so thats $390 more to buy Tikay a latte or two.

WSOP are showing 203 left.

Level 19 - 3K/6K with a 1K ante. That's 18K in the pot before the deal on a full table.

• edited July 2015
    Simon Deadman out 193rd, 191 left
  • edited July 2015
    Simon Deadman out 193rd, 191 left
    Posted by FCHD
    Just bumped into him in the Corridor - he ran A-K into Aces.
  • edited July 2015

The plasmas currently show 189 left.

Average is 215,000 I believe.

• edited July 2015
    Tim Rowlands in action again, very last hand before the break. He was UTG, & had 2-2. Not sure if he raised, but it went to the flop FOUR way. The Flop - well you've guessed, right? - was 2-2-x. So Tim FLOPPED QUADS. He now has a whopping 320,000 starting this level. He started the level after dinner (2 levels ago) with 30,000. In those 2 levels he..... Rivered a one outer to double up.   Rivered a Full House to more than treble up.  Rivered a runner runner Full House to beat a flopped full house. Flopped quads. Within the context of a big event, that's some remarkable run.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can you just imagine the chuntering if that happened on-line !
    Great reporting guys.
    Thanks
  • edited July 2015

A reminder that Tim won his package via the Sky Poker MAYHEM FREEROLL.

He took 52 heads in the 5 day session to win the £3,200 Package, which included £1,000, 5 nights at the Palazzo, & Entry into the $1,111 Little One Drop.

He is already guaranteed $3,074.

Some Freeroll that.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers. : Can you just imagine the chuntering if that happened on-line ! Great reporting guys. Thanks
    Posted by VespaPX
    Just a bit, Mick, just a bit.

It's just how poker weaves it's magic. Sometimes cruel, sometimes kind. Some folks can only see the cruel side.  

• edited July 2015
    Brilliant Updates Guys!!!
  • edited July 2015

Level 20, the last of Day Two, is about to commence.

Blinds will be 4,000-8,000/1,000, with the average around 265,000.

Tim has dropped a few, & now sits close to average, on 260,000.

165 remain by my reckoning, though the plasmas say 171.

• edited July 2015
    About 159 left, just entering Level 20. Next payjump at 153 for an extra $533. That should easily pay for an extra night in the hotel.

WSOP have just reported that Davide Suriano flopped quads to get a double-up but subsequently received a one-round penalty for failing to regard several warnings about using his phone at the table during a hand. Sounds pretty lenient to me.

Andy Black among the most recent batch of players to be busted.
  • edited July 2015

Nailed on top ten finish at this run good rate. Great to read over a morning coffee guys.....cheers for the updates.

Gooooooooooo Timmy ;)
  • edited July 2015