You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.

Comments

• edited July 2015

Morning all.

Just a quick preview of what's in store today on this thread.

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, for the reasons I explained, but, fingers crossed, today will be a tad easier, as we have less players to try & find, & only just over 1,000 players remaining, compared to 4,555 yesterday.

Play will commence at 2pm Vegas, which is 10pm UK, & they will play 10 x 1 hour levels, which, allowing for breaks, will take exactly 12 hours, so play will continue until 2am Vegas (10 am UK).

Blinds will be 500-1,100/100 when they resume. A full Structure Sheet is HERE

If you have any questions, fire away please. 

Meanwhile, it's nearly 10am here, & so well be dedicating the morning to recording the Daily Videos - Neil Channing's Diary, The Daily WSOP Update, The Daily Moan, &, fingers crossed, we might just catch John Gale today. 

A collection of all the Viva Las Vegas released to date can be found
    HERE  
  • edited July 2015
    Slight correction to Tikay's post above, blinds with be 500/1000 with the 100 ante, not 500/1100
  • edited July 2015
    Just to say I am enjoying the updates. Not so interactive when I read it all back over breakfast, but it is appreciated. GL those remaining.
  • edited July 2015
    good luck to everyone in day 2
  • edited July 2015
    Good luck to all the Sky Poker guys in day2. Really enjoying all the updates, dreaming of the day when I can say I was there.
    The video updates are great fun to watch and I presume to record...... Love the flat cap Tikay.
    It looks as though forgetting his player ID did not phase Jac at all, just give him a nudge to remind him before he gets on the bus today.
  • edited July 2015
    Great to hear the boys are doing you proud!!  I think James Jeffrey is still is aswell? 

Looking forward to the updates when play resumes - run golden all xx
  • edited July 2015
    Looks like you mght be right Rose. There is a James Jeffery from Wooler. Guatemala shown as in with 16300 chips but the last time I looked, Wooler was in Northumberland not Central America. So we're back to 11 left after all. His Day 2 table:

1 Javier Sett (COL) 47300
    2 JAMES JEFFERY (GBR) 15300
    3 Manuel Pentzek (USA) 28100
    4 Jareth East (GBR) 49800
    5 Michael Hollenberg (USA) 16800
    6 Brenton Reihl (USA) 86200
    7 Patrick Ray (USA) 23800
    8 Youze Tian (CHI) 142600
    9 Austin Buchanan (USA) 45500
  • edited July 2015
    Crikey Tikay must be getting through some Lattes with that work schedule eh! Best of luck to all those left in, enjoy it :)
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.:
    Looks like you mght be right Rose. There is a James Jeffery from Wooler. Guatemala shown as in with 16300 chips but the last time I looked, Wooler was in Northumberland not Central America. So we're back to 11 left after all. His Day 2 table: 1 Javier Sett (COL) 47300 2 JAMES JEFFERY (GBR) 15300 3 Manuel Pentzek (USA) 28100 4 Jareth East (GBR) 49800 5 Michael Hollenberg (USA) 16800 6 Brenton Reihl (USA) 86200 7 Patrick Ray (USA) 23800 8 Youze Tian (CHI) 142600 9 Austin Buchanan (USA) 45500
    Posted by FCHD
    Indeed Sorry James,

We are meeting shortly to head to the Rio. Updates will follow throughout the night if you guys are up.
  • edited July 2015
    Go go go people.  Rebuy night so will be with you guys all the way through.  Probably.

Spin spin spin!!!
  • edited July 2015
    Best of luck to all
  • edited July 2015

Day 2 play has commenced.

I have 11 names & chip counts (fingers crossed not missed any of them) & I'll do my first patrol in about half an hour.

• edited July 2015

Meanwhile, here is a video we shot at the Welcome Party.

It was a little difficult to film, as you will see, but you'll get the flavour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwj3Kp_nl3c&feature=youtu.be
  • edited July 2015
    It turns out i am still in lol

Very 1st hand i look down at AA i raise it up to 3.25bbs utg and get 4 callers.

Flop is AKT. I cbet and get looked up by 2 guys.

Turn is a J and i check, a guy tanks before qnnouncing hes all in. The other guy makes a speech about always losing with this hand before announcing call. When it comes to me im gettting about 5:1 with my house draw so i make a smooth call.

A beautiful ace smashes the river and i announce all in with my remaining 18k. He snaps and tables the big slick. I jump and woop as i turn my winning house over, scoop the pot, and start counting out my 135k stack
  • edited July 2015
    Hang on - you've got two aces, there's one on the flop, one on the river and one in your opponents hand. Five aces in the deck?
  • edited July 2015
    You are right the floor have suspended the dealer for gross misconduct
  • edited July 2015

Some chip counts incoming. They exclude simmy for now, as I'm a bit confused.......
  • edited July 2015

James Jeffrey, who should be familiar to you all, had 16,000 overnight, but now has 50,000.
    Don't tell anyone, right?

I asked him "how?", & he just said, rather coyly, "well I was splashing around a bit......".

Interestingly, he has been moved to the same table as Lee Rogers, who has zoomed from 19,500 overnight to north of 40,000. He got a full 2xUp with, remarkably, his Q-Q v, err, A-7.  

• edited July 2015
    Watching baseball,  will also be watching Englands women hopefully beaqting  Japan to get to a world cup final and reading updates from WSOP. Late night tonight come on all you Sky Poker qualifiers.........
  • edited July 2015
    David Maudlin just got a mention on the WSOP updates, after chopping a hand with Koray Aldemir, both having Kings & fives
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas - let's go. News, updates & goss about our qualifiers.:
    James Jeffrey, who should be familiar to you all, had 16,000 overnight, but now has 50,000. Don't tell anyone, right? I asked him "how?", & he just said, rather coyly, " well I was splashing around a bit......". Interestingly, he has been moved to the same table as Lee Rogers, who has zoomed from 19,500 overnight to north of 40,000. He got a full 2xUp with, remarkably, his Q-Q v, err, A-7.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Come on Lee

Also tikay when is Mr Jackson back, great updates 
  • edited July 2015

Steady start for Tim Rowland, 71,000 from 66,000 overnight.

Dave Maudlin is not in his seat, someone else is. No idea if he has been moved or the other thing.

Philip Green has gone from 36,000 to 23,000 on a seriously tough table & seat.

Paul Jackson has been moved (to Amazon), but his stack remains unchanged.

Arped Demeter has been moved (he has NOT bust) but I can't find his new table yet.

Alex Graham down to 22,000 from 36,000.

I will go patrol the Pavilion room next. It's a bit awkward, as tables are breaking so fast.

• edited July 2015

Level 12 has just begun, 600-1,200/200.

891 players remain, with 468 due to be paid. The min cash will be $1,803, & the winner will pocket $646,000. 

• edited July 2015

MAN OVERBOARD

Unforch, Philip Green is OUT.

He had Q-Q on a J-4-3 flop v Mr Mizrachi who had 5-6. You can work the rest out.
  • edited July 2015

MAN OVERBOARD

Alex Graham is out, too, he collided with Aces.
  • edited July 2015
    Simmy must have had too much to drink last night, he is firmly on the rail with William Kerr so there must have been an administrative error on behalf of the wsop with the overnight chipcounts.
  • edited July 2015
    I must say, and I have told him this. I was rather surprised to see David Watkin on the overnight chipcounts. Everytime I passed his table he was grinding a well below average stack but managed to run that up to 48k by days end. He has made a steady start today and was still going strong on last glance. WP Sir
  • edited July 2015
    I feel like a bok, just logged in to see the progress.

Maybe I am just unlucky, gotta go now and do my night shift at the Greek bank.
  • edited July 2015
    Level 12 has just begun, 600-1,200/200. 891 players remain, with 468 due to be paid. The min cash will be $1,803, & the winner will pocket $646,000.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    ......and exactly 30 minutes later, just 792 remain. 100 in 30 minutes?

Bear in mind the plasmas sometimes run behind reality, but either way, the MAXIMUM number left is now 792. I'd hazard a guess it will be at least 25 less.  
  • edited July 2015

I dont know where you are getting your info from but stories of my exit have been greatly exaggerated. I am still alive and very much kicking.

I have been chippin up nicely and am currently sat with 245k. 

Most notable hand was when i picked up 67hh in the hijack and repopped alan cunningham who had opened utg.

The flop came down 4h 5h jc. He donked pot and i smooth call.

The turn drops jh completing my flush. He counts out his chips in a calculated way before jamming 32k into a pot of 12k. Obvs this is a massive overbet and i contemplated laying down my monster, but on further inspection i noticed he was twisting his wedding ring around his finger. I had seen him do this whilst he was running a huge bluff vs ivey in high stakes poker circa 2009. I used this tell to my advantage an made the call.

Unfortunatly he must have been exploiting this tell against observant players for years because he had jsjd for quads.

The river brings the 8h and i smash a straight flush and send the pro to the rail. Hopeully gonna be first guy to go past 1/4 of a mil.