You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tiger's Football Tips

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Three bets for this weekend, all small as I wouldn't recommend getting up to full stakes this early in the season.

Leeds v Brentford

This looks like a decent bet for low corners. All of Leeds' last eight home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners at an average of 8.4 per match. Seven of Brentford's last eight on the road have also fallen short of this line at an average of 9.0. Bet on Under 10.5 Corners at 1.95 (Bet365)

Oldham v Peterboro

This looks like a high corners match unless a change of management at Peterboro changes the way they play. Bet365 have set their line at 11 corners here. This bet would have won four times, pushed twice & lost once in the Latics last seven home matches at an average of 12.9 corners per match. It would have won seven times & pushed twice in United's last nine away matches at an average of 13.1. Bet on Over 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.90 (Bet365).

Cambridge v Leyton Orient

This looks like a good match for goals. The U's last six home matches have all gone over 2.5 goals while all of the O's away matches this season have had four goals. This makes the available odds of 1.95 on Betfair pretty attractive for Over 2.5 Goals.

Good Luck!
  • edited September 2015
    I cant find the over/under corners on sky bet. Am i missing something or is it not available on there?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Tiger's Football Tips:
    I cant find the over/under corners on sky bet. Am i missing something or is it not available on there?
    Posted by waller02
    SKY Bet don't do corners beyond the PL or televised matches. Bet365 are the only site that do these bets every week. Others do some weeks like Hills & Bet Victor.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Tiger's Football Tips : SKY Bet don't do corners beyond the PL or televised matches. Bet365 are the only site that do these bets every week. Others do some weeks like Hills & Bet Victor.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Ah right cheers. I was gonna stick some on your tip as you clearly do your research. I only have a sky account though so I will have to pass. Gl though!
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Tiger's Football Tips : SKY Bet don't do corners beyond the PL or televised matches. Bet365 are the only site that do these bets every week. Others do some weeks like Hills & Bet Victor.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Hi Mr Tiger

Follow your thread with interest

Can you only Lay betts on certain sites?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Tiger's Football Tips : Hi Mr Tiger Follow your thread with interest Can you only Lay betts on certain sites?
    Posted by zadoc
    Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean place certain bets on certain sites or do you literally mean laying bets?

Pretty much, you can lay bets on Betfair but place bets on any site that covers that market. Bet365 are the only company that offer odds on corners on FL matches every week.
  • edited September 2015
    Three bets for this weekend, all small as I wouldn't recommend getting up to full stakes this early in the season. Leeds v Brentford This looks like a decent bet for low corners. All of Leeds' last eight home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners at an average of 8.4 per match. Seven of Brentford's last eight on the road have also fallen short of this line at an average of 9.0. Bet on Under 10.5 Corners at 1.95 (Bet365) Oldham v Peterboro This looks like a high corners match unless a change of management at Peterboro changes the way they play. Bet365 have set their line at 11 corners here. This bet would have won four times, pushed twice & lost once in the Latics last seven home matches at an average of 12.9 corners per match. It would have won seven times & pushed twice in United's last nine away matches at an average of 13.1. Bet on Over 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.90 (Bet365). Cambridge v Leyton Orient This looks like a good match for goals. The U's last six home matches have all gone over 2.5 goals while all of the O's away matches this season have had four goals. This makes the available odds of 1.95 on Betfair pretty attractive for Over 2.5 Goals. Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Two wins out of three with our bets at Leeds & Oldham winning easily and the one at Cambridge going down by a goal.

Level bets of £100 gave a profit of £51.00.
  • edited September 2015
    How are our long term bets doing?

Here are comparisons of our price with the current price.

Championship

Middlesbrough to Win (e/w) 11/2 (Now 11/4)
    Sheff Wed to Win (e/w) 28/1 (Now 50/1)
    Huddersfield to be Relegated 4/1 (Now 9/4)
    Blackburn to be Relegated 8/1 (Now 7/2)
    Burnley Top North West Side 6/5 (Now 5/6)
    Sheff Wed Top Half 4/5 (Now 11/10)
    Birmingham Top Half 5/4 (Now 4/5)
    Blackburn Bottom Half 5/6 (Now 4/11)
    QPR Bottom Half 11/8 (Now 13/8)
    Leeds Bottom Half 4/6 (Now 4/6)
    Benik Afobe Top Goalscorer 9/1 (now unavailable)
    David Nugent Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now unavailable)
    Top Six - Middlesbrough 4/6 (Now 3/10)
    Top Six - Hull City Evens (Now 10/11)

League One

Swindon to Win (e/w) 18/1 (Now 20/1)
    Barnsley to Win (e/w) 20/1 (Now 28/1)
    Bury to Win (e/w) 35/1 (Now 20/1)
    Blackpool to be Relegated 11/5 (Now 4/11)
    Southend to be Relegated 4/1 (Now 5/1)
    Port Vale to be Relegated 13/8 (Now 9/2)
    Top Half - Burton Evens (Now 4/9)
    Top Half - Rochdale 6/4 (Now 8/13)
    Top Half - Shrewsbury 5/6 (Now 4/5)
    Top Half - Bury 10/11 (Now 4/7)
    Bottom Half - Chesterfield 10/11 (Now 11/8)
    Bottom Half - Walsall 8/11 (Now 9/4)
    Leon Clarke Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now unavailable)
    Tom Bradshaw Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now unavailable)
    Paddy Madden Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now unavailable)
    Top Six Swindon 2/1 (Now 9/4)
    Top Six Barnsley 2/1 (Now 10/3)

League Two

Portsmouth to Win (e/w) 4/1 (Now 3/1)
    Top Half Wycombe 5/6 (Now 1/4)
    Top Half Bristol Rovers 8/11 (Now 4/9)
    Top Seven - Orient 11/8 (Now 3/10)
    Top Seven - Northampton 13/8 (Now 13/8)

• edited September 2015
    All six of the players we have backed for Top Goalscorer (Benik Afobe, David Nugent, Leon Clarke, Tom Bradshaw, Paddy Madden & Matt Green) scored today. In fact, Bradshaw scored twice.

If you had backed them in a "To Score Anytime" £1 accumulator would have paid £2952.
  • edited September 2015
    All six of the players we have backed for Top Goalscorer (Benik Afobe, David Nugent, Leon Clarke, Tom Bradshaw, Paddy Madden & Matt Green) scored today. In fact, Bradshaw scored twice. If you had backed them in a "To Score Anytime" £1 accumulator would have paid £2952.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    I'm hoping you did?!?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Tiger's Football Tips : I'm hoping you did?!?
    Posted by goldnballz
    Last week three of the four that played scored and my son said I should do an accumulator on them each week. I said there were six players when they all played so was unlikely to happen & to show him, I checked the odds by actually putting in the bet but cancelled it.

Grrrrrr!

Next Week!
  • edited September 2015
    Benik Afobe Top Goalscorer 9/1 (now 9/1)
    David Nugent Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 25/1)

Leon Clarke Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 14/1)
    Tom Bradshaw Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 12/1)
    Paddy Madden Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 16/1)

Matt Green Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 25/1)

Happy with these. Don't forget we are each way with all these bets.
  • edited September 2015
    Thank you SKY Bet for the recent free bets.

Gone for a £5 double on Birmingham to beat Forest and Sheff Wed to win at Bolton at 6/1.

Also did correct score bets plus combo doubles & trebles on the following:

Bolton v Sheff Wed 1-2 1-3
    Charlton v Huddersfield 1-0 2-0
    Middlesbrough v Brentford 1-0 2-0

Have paid for the correct score singles & trebles but used a free bet for the doubles so just about free rolling.
  • edited September 2015
    hi ice tiger  what kind of stake wud u use on singles doubles and trebeles plz  I don't have a big buget ?
  • edited September 2015
    Benik Afobe Top Goalscorer 9/1 (now 9/1)
    David Nugent Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 25/1)

Leon Clarke Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 14/1)
    Tom Bradshaw Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 12/1)
    Paddy Madden Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 16/1)

Matt Green Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 25/1)

Happy with these. Don't forget we are each way with all these bets.
    how does that work didn't think u cud  back them each way ?
  • edited September 2015
    Benik Afobe Top Goalscorer 9/1 (now 9/1) David Nugent Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 25/1) Leon Clarke Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 14/1) Tom Bradshaw Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 12/1) Paddy Madden Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 16/1) Matt Green Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 25/1) Happy with these. Don't forget we are each way with all these bets. how does that work didn't think u cud  back them each way ?
    Posted by vegasman
    Most bookies offer 1/4 odds the Top Four on Top Goalscorer Bets.
  • edited September 2015
    hi ice tiger  what kind of stake wud u use on singles doubles and trebeles plz  I don't have a big buget ?
    Posted by vegasman
    Bet to your budget.

I usually bet correct scores from £2 upwards but on this bet I did it slightly differently because I had a £5 free bet on SKY so I made the doubles 41p doubles because that took it the closest to £5 that I could manage. I did the trebles at 20p. If we get the Bolton v Sheff Wed score correct, we win big because the odds are biggest.

Most bookies let you bet for a few pence so bet what you can comfortably afford to lose. I would always bet a fair bit less on doubles & trebles than singles. The vast majority of my betting is on singles.
  • edited September 2015
    ok thanks  I didnt go too mad lol tjink total for singles doubles and trebles 7 pounds or there about 

lets be lucky hey  
  • edited September 2015
    ok thanks  I didnt go too mad lol tjink total for singles doubles and trebles 7 pounds or there about  lets be lucky hey  
    Posted by vegasman
    Generally, I will pick somewhere between three and five matches each week and pick two scores for each match (8 bets) and bet them as singles. Usually start around the end of September each season so will start soon.

I generally bet as singles so one correct score usually makes us break even. I have recorded profits for splitting up the betts and covering all multiples. I have done it for four seasons and betting in singles made the most profit three times although in 13/14, the multiples would have made more money because I had three out of four correct scores four times from 29 selection days.

I do think winning these bets gets easier as the season progresses so we make more profit later in the season. Hence why I don't do these bets in the first month of the season.

• edited September 2015
    Three bets for tonight but still keeping it small as form is still not solid.

Cardiff City v Hull City - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.825 (Bet365)
    Leeds Utd v Ipswich T - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80 (Bet365)
    Preston v Bristol City - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.925 (Bet365)

Good Luck!
  • edited September 2015
    Three bets for tonight but still keeping it small as form is still not solid. Cardiff City v Hull City - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.825 (Bet365) Leeds Utd v Ipswich T - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80 (Bet365) Preston v Bristol City - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.925 (Bet365) Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Only one winner out of three last night. A bit disappointing but that is what happens in September when form is a bit unreliable.
  • edited September 2015
    I like to bet against the English teams involved in the Europa League in their PL match the following weekend. Last season, both Spurs & Everton lost four times.

This weekend, maybe consider an away double on Palace (at Spurs) and Norwich (at Liverpool) at attractive odds.
  • edited September 2015
    Quite a few possibles this weekend but as it is early in the season, I am still betting small.

Huddersfield v Bolton - Under 2.5 Goals at 1.95

All three of Town's home matches this season have failed to reach 2.5 goals as have 6 out of 7 of their matches this season. Bolton have failed to score in any of their three away matches this season with 5 of their 7 matches failing to reach 2.5 goals.

Sheff Wed v Fulham - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.875

Fulham's last six away matches have all failed to reach 10.5 corners while 8 of Wednesday's last ten home matches have fallen short of this line.

Colchester v Gillingham - Both Teams To Score at 8/11

Both Teams have Scored in all of the Gills' last 7 away matches and in 5 of the U's last 7 home matches.

Doncaster v Oldham - Under 2.5 Goals at 4/5

All three of Rovers' home matches have failed to reach 2.5 goals while all of Oldham's last 8 away matches have dropped short of this line.

Peterboro v Walsall - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80

12 of Peterboro's last 14 home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners while all of Walsall's three away matches this season have failed to reach this line.

Rochdale v Scunthorpe - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.975

Six of Dale's last 7 home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners while all three of Scunthorpe's away matches have fallen short of this line.

Bradford v Sheff Utd - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.825

All of City's last 11 home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners while 11 of United's last 15 on the road have dropped short of this line.

Wimbledon v Notts County - Over 10.5 Corners at 1.825

All three of the Dons' home matches have gone over 10.5 corners comfortably (16-13-18) while two of County's away matches have done likewise (23-15).

Accrington v Exeter - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.925

All of Stanley's last seven home matches have failed to top 10.5 corners. In fact they have all failed to reach 8.5 corners. Four of Exeter's last six away matches have failed to beat this line with three of them failing to reach 7.5 corners.

If it was January, I would be piling on the Accrington v Exeter match but for now, it will be relatively small.
  • edited September 2015
    Correct Score Bets:

Man City v West Ham 1-0 2-0
    Newcastle v Watford 0-1 1-1
    Huddersfield v Bolton 0-0 1-0
    Blackpool v Barnsley 1-2 1-3
    Doncaster v Oldham 1-0 1-1
    Spurs v Watford 1-2
  • edited September 2015
    Quite a few possibles this weekend but as it is early in the season, I am still betting small. Huddersfield v Bolton - Under 2.5 Goals at 1.95 All three of Town's home matches this season have failed to reach 2.5 goals as have 6 out of 7 of their matches this season. Bolton have failed to score in any of their three away matches this season with 5 of their 7 matches failing to reach 2.5 goals. Sheff Wed v Fulham - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.875 Fulham's last six away matches have all failed to reach 10.5 corners while 8 of Wednesday's last ten home matches have fallen short of this line. Colchester v Gillingham - Both Teams To Score at 8/11 Both Teams have Scored in all of the Gills' last 7 away matches and in 5 of the U's last 7 home matches. Doncaster v Oldham - Under 2.5 Goals at 4/5 All three of Rovers' home matches have failed to reach 2.5 goals while all of Oldham's last 8 away matches have dropped short of this line. Peterboro v Walsall - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80 12 of Peterboro's last 14 home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners while all of Walsall's three away matches this season have failed to reach this line. Rochdale v Scunthorpe - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.975 Six of Dale's last 7 home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners while all three of Scunthorpe's away matches have fallen short of this line. Bradford v Sheff Utd - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.825 All of City's last 11 home matches have failed to reach 10.5 corners while 11 of United's last 15 on the road have dropped short of this line. Wimbledon v Notts County - Over 10.5 Corners at 1.825 All three of the Dons' home matches have gone over 10.5 corners comfortably (16-13-18) while two of County's away matches have done likewise (23-15). Accrington v Exeter - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.925 All of Stanley's last seven home matches have failed to top 10.5 corners. In fact they have all failed to reach 8.5 corners. Four of Exeter's last six away matches have failed to beat this line with three of them failing to reach 7.5 corners. If it was January, I would be piling on the Accrington v Exeter match but for now, it will be relatively small.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Five winners & Four losers.

Betting £60 on each match and £120 on the Accrington bet, gave a profit of £73.60.
  • edited September 2015
    How are our long term bets doing?

Here are comparisons of our price with the current price.

Championship

Middlesbrough to Win (e/w) 11/2 (Now 6/4) Excellent, Going to Plan
    Sheff Wed to Win (e/w) 28/1 (Now 50/1) Played 4 of Top 6 already so in false positiom
    Huddersfield to be Relegated 4/1 (Now 4/1) Showing signs of life
    Blackburn to be Relegated 8/1 (Now 7/1) Two good results in four days is bad news
    Burnley Top North West Side 6/5 (Now 1/7) As good as won already
    Sheff Wed Top Half 4/5 (Now 11/8) Great value at 11/8, more investment
    Birmingham Top Half 5/4 (Now Evens) Still value at Evens
    Blackburn Bottom Half 5/6 (Now 4/11) Happy so far
    QPR Bottom Half 11/8 (Now 7/4) Could go either way but with Austin, doesn't look good
    Leeds Bottom Half 4/6 (Now 8/11) Could go either way but still fancy this one
    Benik Afobe Top Goalscorer 9/1 (12/1) Needs to get going & Austin staying at QPR is bad
    David Nugent Top Goalscorer 16/1 (25/1) Two in two matches, should get 20+
    Top Six - Middlesbrough 4/6 (Now 1/8) Would cash out singles but looking very good
    Top Six - Hull City Evens (Now 4/6) Looking very solid for Top 6

League One

Swindon to Win (e/w) 18/1 (Now 33/1) Too inconsistent, looking unlikely
    Barnsley to Win (e/w) 20/1 (Now 50/1) Will improve but top three is very unlikely
    Bury to Win (e/w) 35/1 (Now 20/1) Matching expectations
    Blackpool to be Relegated 11/5 (Now 1/3) Looking Good
    Southend to be Relegated 4/1 (Now 10/1) Good week for Southend, Bad week for us.
    Port Vale to be Relegated 13/8 (Now 5/1) Performing better than anticipated
    Top Half - Burton Evens (Now 1/4) Great start, Looks Good
    Top Half - Rochdale 6/4 (Now 2/5) Confident of this one
    Top Half - Shrewsbury 5/6 (Now 13/8) Just haven't settled. Not looking Good
    Top Half - Bury 10/11 (Now 8/13) Moving Along Nicely
    Bottom Half - Chesterfield 10/11 (Now 11/8) Slipping after Good Start, More Investment?
    Bottom Half - Walsall 8/11 (Now 10/3) Looking Lost
    Leon Clarke Top Goalscorer 16/1 (Now 16/1) About where I Expected
    Tom Bradshaw Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 10/1) If he stays fit, will be close
    Paddy Madden Top Goalscorer 25/1 (Now 12/1) Keeps Scoring in Poor Side
    Top Six Swindon 2/1 (Now 4/1) Looking Bad
    Top Six Barnsley 2/1 (Now 6/1) Looking Bad 

League Two

Portsmouth to Win (e/w) 4/1 (Now 10/3) About Right but Could do with Run of Wins
    Top Half Wycombe 5/6 (Now 1/4)  Happy
    Top Half Bristol Rovers 8/11 (Now 4/6) About Right
    Top Seven - Orient 11/8 (Now 1/3) Looking Comfortable
    Top Seven - Northampton 13/8 (Now 6/4) Good Win at Weekend, On Course
    Matt Green Top Scorer 25/1 (Now 33/1) About Right So Far

I think that Charlton look like good value for relegation from SBC at 4/1 so could be a good addition to the portfolio.
  • edited September 2015
    As I have said before, not a great fan of betting on LC ties other than going for the odd outsider at decent prices.

Birmingham, Fulham, Preston, Reading, MK Dons & Sheff Wed look the most likely to cause an upset but if you want a real punt then Carlisle at Liverpool is the one for you.

• edited September 2015
    In the end I just went with Birmingham at 4.0 & Sheff Wed at 4.2 on Betfair.

Thought Sheff Wed to win at Newcastle should have been shorter than 2/1 with Newcastle incapable of winning at the moment. 

Ended up with a profit with one winner & one loser.
  • edited September 2015

Football League Bets:

All small one point bets

MK Dons v Derby - Over 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.80
    Brentford v Sheff Wed - Over 2.5 Goals at 1.90
    Preston v Wolves - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80
    Shrewsbury v Blackpool - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80
    Swindon v Colchester - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.975
    Walsall v Crewe - Under 2.5 Goals at 2.16
    Cambridge v Stevenage - Over 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.85
    Crawley v Accrington - Under 1.5 Goals at 3.25

Correct Score Bets:Birmingham v Rotherham 2-1 3-1
    Brentford v Sheff Wed 1-2 1-3
    Millwall v Rochdale 0-1 0-2
    Sheff Utd v Doncaster 1-0 2-0
  • edited September 2015
    Football League Bets: All small one point bets MK Dons v Derby - Over 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.80 Brentford v Sheff Wed - Over 2.5 Goals at 1.90 Preston v Wolves - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80 Shrewsbury v Blackpool - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.80 Swindon v Colchester - Under 10.5 Corners at 1.975 Walsall v Crewe - Under 2.5 Goals at 2.16 Cambridge v Stevenage - Over 11 Corners (DNB) at 1.85 Crawley v Accrington - Under 1.5 Goals at 3.25 Correct Score Bets: Birmingham v Rotherham 2-1 3-1 Brentford v Sheff Wed 1-2 1-3 Millwall v Rochdale 0-1 0-2 Sheff Utd v Doncaster 1-0 2-0
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    A break even weekend with the correct score at Brentford covering the small loss on the other bets.