You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spin up - no highlight at top of lobby

13»

Comments

• edited August 2015
    PS on the original topic of highlighting

1. There is currently no means of selecting spinups as an option from the mobile interface - I would like to see that fixed before highlighting is removed.

2. Why are certain SNGs highlighted seems its only £5/£10 speed 6max, turbo dym and hyper HU. Strange combination?
  • edited August 2015
    Sky_Dan - Are you still watching this thread?

RE:Selecting options - I think the mobile interface does a much better job of this where you can check all the game type/formats and buyins as options rather than the more restrictive tabs on the download/normal web interface.

Spinups do need adding as an option in the mobile though.

Also

Are spinups set to award the 50% startup bonus if only 2 or 3 players? I have started quite a few and not 100% sure but don't think they are.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin up - no highlight at top of lobby:
    PS on the original topic of highlighting 1. There is currently no means of selecting spinups as an option from the mobile interface - I would like to see that fixed before highlighting is removed. 2. Why are certain SNGs highlighted seems its only £5/£10 speed 6max, turbo dym and hyper HU. Strange combination?
    Posted by Phantom66
    They were highlighted during the promotion to UKPC in Feb where you had to make as many points as possible only playing £5-20 games. Haven't been unhighlited since then!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin up - no highlight at top of lobby : They were highlighted during the promotion to UKPC in Feb where you had to make as many points as possible only playing £5-20 games. Haven't been unhighlited since then!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Thanks - they should defo be unhighlighted.

To protect degens (like me) regging them and blowing £50

...but also as makes no sense now as no related promotion
  • edited August 2015
    Hi guys,

Am unhighlighting them as we speak!

Re: Spin Up filter for mobile, this is in development.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi guys, Am unhighlighting them as we speak! Re: Spin Up filter for mobile, this is in development.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Well played Dan
  • edited August 2015
    Dan, none of the SnG table are highlighted. Can this be fixed?
  • edited August 2015
    Dan, none of the SnG table are highlighted. Can this be fixed?
    Posted by EmperorSex

Is there any particular reason any SnG format should be highlighted over others?

It has been explained that the only reason these were in the first place was to match a promotion that has long passed.

• edited August 2015
    The logical thing to do in my eyes would be to highlight the tournaments that are the most frequently played. And then if we have a new promotion we will highlight those etc.

Happy to listen to everyone's feedback as per usual though.
  • edited August 2015
    i thought il post my thoughts on this i dont mind these tables. there is money to be made at this games. But i do agree with what a lot of people think these games are bd for new players. for example i see new players who lets say play 5 pound tourneys sitting down at a 2/4 game this is stupid imo because there no way rolled for this. but its there choice i guess also i do agree with alot of people there should have there own tab. which i see has been done. 

Also new ideas for cash games i think the spin up games should have a setting where u can by in for the max stack on the table and think this should be implanted across all games. not sure legal u can do this but think it will be gd?

also i think there should be games where u cant leave when u double up and should have lets say a min time of an hour. if u lose u stack or below stating stack u can leave? 

i would love one of the sky team to comment on this thoughts i no there probably have been mentioned before but think it could work for better more stable cash games?
  • edited August 2015
    I found myself 10 points short of a ukPC  freeroll, so ive sat down at a .25/.50 spin up.

What an absolute BUZZ.

High variance, plenty of note taking , ppls ranges are crazy wide.

Ive not had this buzz since that  last time I Jumped off the back of an old moving 50's double decker Buzz.
  • edited August 2015
    Spin up Omaha?
  • edited August 2015
    Spin up Omaha?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Now we're talking