You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana FAQ

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

If you have ANY questions as to the "Road to Punta Cana" Promo, please ask them on this thread.

I don't know any more than is on the Promo Page, but I probably know a man who does, so fire away.

The Promo page is HERE

Comments

• edited August 2015

The Promo Page lists these FAQ's.......

Where can I find the satellites for Punta Cana?

If you click on the 'Tournaments' tab in the poker lobby, we have added a 'Punta Cana' filter. All satellites can be found under here.

I won a Punta Cana package, what happens now? 

Congratulations! You will be contacted by our third party partner through email within 48 hours of winning. They will contact you on the email address registered to your Sky Poker account. They will collect and confirm your personal information and preferences and reserve your package. They will also inform you of all the important information required for travel.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your Sky Poker account contact information is current and accurate. We will then credit your Sky Poker account with £1,400 cash or the equivalent of this depending on your account currency. This cash credit is so you can book a flight and/or use it as spending money in Punta Cana. You are responsible for arranging your travel documents including all applicable passports, visas, etc. to travel to and from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

Can I exchange my Punta Cana package or tournament buy-in for cash?

No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable and cannot be converted to cash. You must go or forfeit your seat and package.

What if I win a package but am unable to go?

By participating in the Punta Cana satellites you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in order to play at the event, on or around 3rd November 2015. This includes any and all documents or visas required for travel to the destination. There will be no cash equivalent given if a player declares their unavailability.

Can I win more than one package?

No, this promotion is limited to one package per customer. This applies to winning a package via multiple methods, you may still only win one.

Can I bring a guest?

Yes, you may bring one guest. The accommodation is for two people, and the £1,400 that will be credited to your account should be used to purchase flights for you and your guest.

Will I be given any additional spending money?

As part of the package you will be credited with £1,400 to your poker account. This must be used to book flights for you, and a guest should you wish to bring one. It is also to be used as spending money in Punta Cana, and can be used to arrange any applicable travel documents such as a valid passport or visas

Who is responsible for booking the flights to Punta Cana?

All winners of the Punta Cana Package are responsible for booking their flights to and from Punta Cana. Sky Poker and our third party partner will not manage any part of the flight/travel bookings.

What airport should I fly to?

There are two main airports that players can fly into, but Punta Cana International Airport is the only one we will provide transfers to and from because it is only 30 minutes away from the resort. Santo Domingo International airport is the second and is around 4 hours away, the cost is about 600 dollars and this is not part of the package transfer deal.

How will the airport transfers work?

Our third party partner will need your flight information ASAP, so the transfers can be pre-arranged with the hotel. A minimum of 24 hours does need to be given, however the more advance notice the better. Please see above in respect of applicable airports and transfers.

Will I need a Visa/Travel card to travel to the Dominican Republic?

Yes, you will need to purchase a travel card prior to arriving in the Dominican Republic. You can find the full details here: 
    http://www.dominicanembassy.org.uk/Touristcard.html

The tourist cards will be delivered directly to your address and players will need to allow for 7 days’ notice.

• edited August 2015

Please read the T & C's on the Promo Page. There is a drop down section for T & C's.

There is nothing unusual in them, but it's no good qualifying & then claiming you were not aware of the T & C's, it's too late then.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Tikay, great to see this back. 
    Will there be a cash league/rake race style promo run again similar to last year? 

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ:
    Hi Tikay, great to see this back.  Will there be a cash league/rake race style promo run again similar to last year? 
    Posted by Curt360x27
    First question, & I'm stumped already, wp, wp. ;)

I don't actually know, to be honest, but it officially starts on Monday, so we'll know better then.

It reads to me that it is satellite qualification only, but hold off until I can find out better, please.

It is good to see it back though, I agree. Sky Poker are building a nice portfolio of these sort of things now - Viva Las Vegas, Punta Cana, UKPC, & maybe some new stuff in the pipeline. I was particularly pleased to see that players in the weeknight Rewards Freeroll get a shot, too, as that opens it up to a far wider range of players, especially the pure recreationals.

There's plenty that Sky Poker could do better, but they do plenty of good stuff, too. In that regard, giving the "little guys" a shot at these things tops my list.    
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks Tikay, I understand its still early and the team may be working on/finalising any other formats for qualifying before releasing the details. 

Yeah its great to see, whilst the majority of other online sites are cutting back on spending its appears sky are doing quite the opposite. Must be doing something right. 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : First question, & I'm stumped already, wp, wp. ;) I don't actually know, to be honest, but it officially starts on Monday, so we'll know better then. It reads to me that it is satellite qualification only, but hold off until I can find out better, please. It is good to see it back though, I agree. Sky Poker are building a nice portfolio of these sort of things now - Viva Las Vegas, Punta Cana, UKPC, & maybe some new stuff in the pipeline. I was particularly pleased to see that players in the weeknight Rewards Freeroll get a shot, too, as that opens it up to a far wider range of players, especially the pure recreationals.   There's plenty that Sky Poker could do better, but they do plenty of good stuff, too. In that regard, giving the "little guys" a shot at these things tops my list.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good to see
  • edited August 2015
    Can people use the resort credits on massages? All $1500 of them?

Good to see this back, I doubt I'll try as I can already picture the reply if I ask work for a week off in November, but good luck to those going for gold.

If any winners want help with flights just give me a yell :)
  • edited August 2015
    Is there only the 8 packages. The reason I ask is last year there was enough collected for another package, but rather than award another package the extra money was given to the ones who had won a package. I would rather see more packages awarded if possible(may be some good reasons why not). If not then the extra money I would prefer to see awarded to 9th place downwards.
  • edited August 2015
    Is there only the 8 packages. The reason I ask is last year there was enough collected for another package, but rather than award another package the extra money was given to the ones who had won a package. I would rather see more packages awarded if possible(may be some good reasons why not). If not then the extra money I would prefer to see awarded to 9th place downwards.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    I honestly don't know Gary, but they buy "x" packages, & it's really not easy to add to that number, especially nearer the time.
  • edited August 2015
    I suspect Thats what they do ie buy the packages, But could they not manually award the extra money to the following places, rather than limit entries or give the extra money to the package winners. £2000 for 9th might be some consolation, and could possibly if they wish help towards buying their own entry
  • edited August 2015
    It's just an idea, I felt a bit sorry for the bubble last year

• edited August 2015
    I suspect Thats what they do ie buy the packages, But could they not manually award the extra money to the following places, rather than limit entries or give the extra money to the package winners. £2000 for 9th might be some consolation, and could possibly if they wish help towards buying their own entry
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Well that's something that can equally be argued both ways, & neither side would agree.

Anyway, I'll ask what the position is.

• edited August 2015
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    1) There are only the 8 packages. We have to book them in advance yadayada
    2) I am aware that last year the extra money went to the winners - this will not be the case. It will go to 9th downwards as you say
  • edited August 2015
    Great Dan, have you talked them into letting you go yet?

• edited August 2015
    Great to see this Punta Cana is availabe on this site again - it might bring my poker mojo back as I seem to have left it in Notts and can't seem to find it again :(

Just one quick question please - the package says it covers 6 nights hotel etc - but if it's 3rd to the 10th November then surely thats 7 nights?
  • edited August 2015
    Great to see this Punta Cana is availabe on this site again - it might bring my poker mojo back as I seem to have left it in Notts and can't seem to find it again :( Just one quick question please - the package says it covers 6 nights hotel etc - but if it's 3rd to the 10th November then surely thats 7 nights?
    Posted by IrishRose

I guess, win or lose, the last night is party night. 
    No sleeping allowed. 

• edited August 2015
    Just one quick question please - the package says it covers 6 nights hotel etc - but if it's 3rd to the 10th November then surely thats 7 nights?
    Posted by IrishRose
    Could I have an answer to this please?  (Not that I'll win a package but I live in hope!!).
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Could I have an answer to this please?  (Not that I'll win a package but I live in hope!!).
    Posted by IrishRose
    I'll try & find out tomorrow, Rose.  
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : I'll try & find out tomorrow, Rose.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Any news re the dates being either 6 nights or 7?  Thank you x

• edited September 2015
    Hi, I really want to play the Punta Cana 1/4 final sats, but I'm also playing some live 3day events in the coming weeks. In the very unlikely event that I made a final table on Sunday of a live event and was unable to play the Punta Cana Semi Final on the Sunday due to this, could it be used for the semi final on the following week?

If so, I can start playing the quarters.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited September 2015
    Hi, I really want to play the Punta Cana 1/4 final sats, but I'm also playing some live 3day events in the coming weeks. In the very unlikely event that I made a final table on Sunday of a live event and was unable to play the Punta Cana Semi Final on the Sunday due to this, could it be used for the semi final on the following week? If so, I can start playing the quarters. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Couldn't you just buy direct into the Semi Final on Sunday and take the money in the event you can't play?
  • edited September 2015
    If i buy into the QF then win a seat in the rewards FR will i get cash equilivent then can i dereg the QF?
  • edited September 2015
    If i buy into the QF then win a seat in the rewards FR will i get cash equilivent then can i dereg the QF?
    Posted by stokefc
    Haven't done it with punta cana freeroll but I've done it on the Vegas freerolls which is the same format.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Couldn't you just buy direct into the Semi Final on Sunday and take the money in the event you can't play?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Would be a good idea, but you can't register directly for the semi final. Not yet anyway.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Would be a good idea, but you can't register directly for the semi final. Not yet anyway.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Ah OK, figured as much since you were asking the qn but I was too lazy to check :P Don't see why they don't have the option yet for a direct BI to semi.
  • edited September 2015
    What do people think about this scenario...

I was lucky enough to finish fourth in one of this week's Freerolls and won a bonus prize of a Punta Cana QF seat and subsequently won a seat into Sunday's semi-final.

I'm not in a position to go to Punta Cana which is why I haven't entered any specific satellites for it, I won my QF seat through a freeroll and to be honest played the QF aiming to finish in a place which was paying money but managed to outdo myself and finished fifth for a semi seat.

Expecting the answer to be no, I wasn't surprised when customer services said I couldn't de-reg and get the £190 BI for the semi-final place if I deregistered, but WAS surprised when I asked, if by some miracle I did the same again and won a QF place in tonight's freeroll and then won a seat in the Semi, that I wouldn't be eligible for a semi-final BI cash equivalent because I am already in the semi. I would just be awarded nothing at all?

Anyway on Sunday it will be a) the fist time I've played in a £190 tournament on Sky and b) the first time I will be looking to build up a massive chip stack and then carefully implode at the correct time to finish in the one (if there is one at all) place which awards a cash prize and not a place in the final!!

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Ah OK, figured as much since you were asking the qn but I was too lazy to check :P Don't see why they don't have the option yet for a direct BI to semi.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    cos they seem recently to have stopped peeps buying in for the next level of sats for live events. means that if you're unsure you can play on the day there's no point entering.
  • edited September 2015
    What do people think about this scenario... I was lucky enough to finish fourth in one of this week's Freerolls and won a bonus prize of a Punta Cana QF seat and subsequently won a seat into Sunday's semi-final. I'm not in a position to go to Punta Cana which is why I haven't entered any specific satellites for it, I won my QF seat through a freeroll and to be honest played the QF aiming to finish in a place which was paying money but managed to outdo myself and finished fifth for a semi seat. Expecting the answer to be no, I wasn't surprised when customer services said I couldn't de-reg and get the £190 BI for the semi-final place if I deregistered, but WAS surprised when I asked, if by some miracle I did the same again and won a QF place in tonight's freeroll and then won a seat in the Semi, that I wouldn't be eligible for a semi-final BI cash equivalent because I am already in the semi. I would just be awarded nothing at all? Anyway on Sunday it will be a) the fist time I've played in a £190 tournament on Sky and b) the first time I will be looking to build up a massive chip stack and then carefully implode at the correct time to finish in the one (if there is one at all) place which awards a cash prize and not a place in the final!!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

can't be too fussy with freeroll prizes. gl in the semi.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : cos they seem recently to have stopped peeps buying in for the next level of sats for live events. means that if you're unsure you can play on the day there's no point entering.
    Posted by GELDY
    But think about if was direct BI how many people could actually afford to do that? Not many unless you're a pro. For us rec players it's great that we can manage to get through to qtrs and maybe get to semi's and then to finals! (hopefully winning a package!!)
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Any news re the dates being either 6 nights or 7?  Thank you x
    Posted by IrishRose
    3rd time lucky I hope - any clarification regarding the 6 or 7 nights issue yet please?

Thank x