You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana FAQ

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ:
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : 3rd time lucky I hope - any clarification regarding the 6 or 7 nights issue yet please? Thank x
    Posted by IrishRose
    No, I never found the reason Rose, sorry, but I'll drop them a note.

Have you asked Customer Care?

Good luck tonight.
  • edited September 2015

The first of the weekly Semi Finals is tonight, with FIVE seats Guaranteed into the Final on October 4th. With one seat for every £880 in the Prize Pool, it already looks set to make at least 9 Seats. Think it could end up as 12 or more seats tonight.

These hardy souls will be amongst those playing, good luck to them all......

albion903000
    AntonyR3000
    Aston19683000
    Bert783000
    Bromley0233000
    bromley043000
    Brrrrrrr3000
    chicknMelt3000
    chiggypig3000
    chilling3000
    churchy183000
    cigaron3000
    conorshay13000
    Darkangel73000
    devil_tear3000
    Essexphil3000
    Flashand3000
    Geoff14213000
    GGGGCCCC3000
    HANSON3000
    HAYSIE3000
    HB-city3000
    IanSimpson3000
    idtent3000
    IrishRose3000
    james523000
    jordan993000
    KEVMAC103000
    Ky11ar3000
    LEOBARL3000
    LTY3000
    lyonsbob063000
    poker693000
    P_SENTORI3000
    rndmmuppet3000
    rudi19803000
    s6girl3000
    Sir-Gary3000
    smoki33000
    soggy4503000
    spinace3000
    StayOrGo3000
    theaker103000
    Tspark3000
    Wacko903000
    WUBBZY14013000
    yelvy3000
  • edited September 2015

Meanwhile, last night was the Punta Cana Super SATurday, & congrats to tismond91 who won his way into the October 4th Final.  
  • edited September 2015
    Well done to tismond91 and tonight is a very scary list of players :S
  • edited September 2015

A whopping field in last night's Punta Cana semi, with no less than 56 runners, making 11 seats for the October 4th Final.

11 went though to join tismond91, who got in via the Super SATurday thing.

The legs eleven were.....

Bromhead4000
    chilling4000
    devil_tear4000
    GGGGCCCC4000
    KEVMAC104000
    LTY4000
    poker694000
    rndmmuppet4000
    spinace4000
    StayOrGo4000
    WUBBZY14014000
  • edited September 2015

In the Final on October 4th, the TOP EIGHT win the Punta Cana package.

Still plenty of chances to qualify - every weekend there is a Super SAT & a Semi-Final.

• edited September 2015
    I'm afraid there will be no Super SAT on Saturdays going forward, there was simply nowhere near enough runners.
  • edited September 2015
    I'm afraid there will be no Super SAT on Saturdays going forward, there was simply nowhere near enough runners.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    I didn't know it was running Dan or would have been in it. Was gutted I missed out.

Well played to all who got through last night very tough field to negotiate. Good luck all those in the qtrs and semi's
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    In all fairness I think the supersat had no publicity at all and most people didn't even realise it was running!!  I know I missed it completely and would have loved to have tried it.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : 3rd time lucky I hope - any clarification regarding the 6 or 7 nights issue yet please? Thank x
    Posted by IrishRose
    6 nights.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : 6 nights.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

So is it 3rd til the 9th - or 4th til the 10th??   3rd to the 10th is 7 nights!!!
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : So is it 3rd til the 9th - or 4th til the 10th??   3rd to the 10th is 7 nights!!!
    Posted by IrishRose
    :'( with laughter here! Still trying to work it out. So do you depart on the 10th or do you depart on the 11th?
  • edited September 2015
     Sleep in hotel on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and check out on the 10ths - is that or is that not 7 nights hotel sleeps?

or is it sleep on the beach on the 9th??
  • edited September 2015
     Sl eep in hotel on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and check out on the 10ths - is that or is that not 7 nights hotel sleeps? or is it sleep on the beach on the 9th??
    Posted by IrishRose
    Possibly....

3,4,5,6,7,8 stay in hotel, check out 9, due to time difference and flight arrive UK 10......sorted ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Hotel check-in on the 3rd, check-out on the 9th!
  • edited September 2015
    Am creased up here. Can't wait for roses reply....
  • edited September 2015
    Hotel check-in on the 3rd, check-out on the 9th!
    Posted by Sky_Dan

Thanks for that Dan - but maybe the description of the prize should then be amended to say so?   At the moment it states on the details page that the Punta Cana package is for the 3rd to the 10th November.  If people were booking flights it would be natural to expect flights to also be needed for at least those dates - but if the check out is actually the 9th November then anyone who books flights for the 3rd to the 10th would be without a hotel room for the night of the 9th (unless obviously they then shell out for the room which they might not have wanted to spend extra on).

I have only been so interested in actual dates regarding this by the way as I was "toying" with the idea of spending my roller win on a 7 night holiday for hubby and myself there lol - but on reflection I think I'll just try to win a package instead and then it will be a case of que sera sera...........................

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Thanks for that Dan - but maybe the description of the prize should then be amended to say so?   At the moment it states on the details page that the Punta Cana package is for the 3rd to the 10th November.  If people were booking flights it would be natural to expect flights to also be needed for at least those dates - but if the check out is actually the 9th November then anyone who books flights for the 3rd to the 10th would be without a hotel room for the night of the 9th (unless obviously they then shell out for the room which they might not have wanted to spend extra on). I have only been so interested in actual dates regarding this by the way as I was "toying" with the idea of spending my roller win on a 7 night holiday for hubby and myself there lol - but on reflection I think I'll just try to win a package instead and then it will be a case of que sera sera...........................
    Posted by IrishRose
    What so you can bury hubby up to his neck and leave him there lmao
  • edited September 2015
     Rose said

I have only been so interested in actual dates regarding this by the way as I was "toying" with the idea of spending my roller win on a 7 night holiday for hubby and myself there .

What taking your Hubby instead of me I am gutted
  • edited September 2015
     Rose said I have only been so interested in actual dates regarding this by the way as I was "toying" with the idea of spending my roller win on a 7 night holiday for hubby and myself there . What taking your Hubby instead of me I am gutted
    Posted by Sir-Gary

When we've done the patio I'm the first in line lmao ;) 

• edited September 2015
    The way you and Rose are playing at the moment Donna , I can see you both winning a package
  • edited September 2015
    I've not been feeling it but still time. Hanging this morning though from a brill night with friends in London. Vodka lime and lemonade. 
  • edited September 2015
    You were in London and you didn't stop by to say hi? 
    #sigh

• edited September 2015
    You were in London and you didn't stop by to say hi?  #sigh
    Posted by GELDY
    Geldy I was with friends at the Betsy Trotwood, am supposed to be going again next Saturday!!! To see my boys. Was thinking about you and Rose whilst I was there.
  • edited September 2015
    Is it the last semi on Sunday?, Last chancxe to qualify for the final?

• edited September 2015
    Is it the last semi on Sunday?, Last chancxe to qualify for the final?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Not sure Gary, it may depend on how many runners qualify this Sunday. With the 5 (minimum, it could be as many as 8 or 9) that go through from this Sunday, that will mean 34 to 39 in the Final.

I'll ask Upstairs.

Not trying to goad you into playing, but I guess you should assume this Sunday will be the last unless you hear otherwise in the interim.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : Not sure Gary, it may depend on how many runners qualify this Sunday. With the 5 (minimum, it could be as many as 8 or 9) that go through from this Sunday, that will mean 34 to 39 in the Final.   I'll ask Upstairs. Not trying to goad you into playing, but I guess you should assume this Sunday will be the last unless you hear otherwise in the interim.
    Posted by Tikay10

Already in, just wanted to know if it was my last chance

• edited September 2015
    There are 2 Semi-Finals left - this Sunday and one the following Sunday (4th) just before the Final. 

We may have to change the time/make Sunday 4th's Semi-Final a turbo structure however as they have been running for almost 3 hours in their current format.

There will also be some news about other ways to qualify for Punta Cana later today...
  • edited September 2015
    There are 2 Semi-Finals left - this Sunday and one the following Sunday (4th) just before the Final.  We may have to change the time/make Sunday 4th's Semi-Final a turbo structure however as they have been running for almost 3 hours in their current format. There will also be some news about other ways to qualify for Punta Cana later today...
    Posted by Sky_Dan

ohhhhhhhhhhh - Sky Dan - I thinkk I love you lol     Can't see me winning seat in the semi this week as Sundays seem to be a washout this month - but looking forward to hearing of other ways to win (as long as it doesn't involve all cash games lol)
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana FAQ : ohhhhhhhhhhh - Sky Dan - I thinkk I love you lol     Can't see me winning seat in the semi this week as Sundays seem to be a washout this month - but looking forward to hearing of other ways to win (as long as it doesn't involve all cash games lol)
    Posted by IrishRose
    +1 to that Rose, can't hit a flop at minute don't know why running so bad, poker mojo gone