You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Heads Up FA Cup - Official rules/draw/results thread. We have our CHAMPION!

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Your No 1 on the wait list Channing. Capped at 90 runners.

9 posts above yours. ^
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: The Heads Up FA Cup - Official rules/draw/results thread:
     How can I get in Phantom?
    Posted by NChanning
    I know you've got the maximum number you can do Phantom.
    To save you a headache, I'll drop out and Mr Channing can take my spot 
  • edited September 2015

No. Don't do that on my account. Same rules for everyone. I'll take my chance.

Could we get 128 players?
  • edited September 2015
    **PRAYS FOR HOME DRAW**
  • edited September 2015
    Ok dilemma no.2

Mr channing in or out?

There was originally  a time registration deadline otherwise we would never get started.

I extended that briefly to allow more entrants up to a limit of 90 which was there to allow me to use my newly acquired bingo machine to do the draw.

Obviously having our ambo in would be a huge coup and great for the event.

I dont want anyone to have to fall on their sword and give up a seat either.

I have a compromise proposal.

Neil if I give you no 91 there is no 91st ball (unless someone near me has an identical set and a black marker pen).

So what I propose is this.

Instead of drawing no.91 I will place no 91 in the last match of the preliminary round as the away player.

That way....

Hopefully the event wins by having neil in.

Noone has to give up their seat.

Neil has the minor penalty of being guaranteed a preliminary round and playing away to contend with.

If noone objects to that before I get home (approx 1 hour) I will consider it agreed and film the draw.
  • edited September 2015

defo in... the 10th top british player of all time

#DefoAmbo

• edited September 2015

You are a master of tact and guile Phantom.
    Fantastic effort to solve a smallish problem.
    (As long as I do not end up as the Havant and Waterlooville vs. Manchester United in this scenario)
    Nick

• edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    Sounds like a plan!
  • edited September 2015
    Agreed Mr Channing in (only if he agrees to shave his hair off if he busts his 1st match). :-)
  • edited September 2015

hi phanta,

why not just re-open the list until whenever?

• edited September 2015

Sorry to be a pain. Was a bit ill and not really spending my usual 23 hours a day online last week. Happy with whatever plan you come up with.
  • edited September 2015
    hi phanta, why not just re-open the list until whenever?  
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi aussie partly because entries have already been open for a month and to be fair to those who have been waiting that long. Interest and entries were slowing down considerably after a big promotion push so I set a deadline and bought something to do the draw on creating a constraint on no. of entries.

• edited September 2015
    Right.

Neil is in.

I am about to film the draw.

Due to sound issues there will need to be a bit of post production before i upload it. However just so you know there is no jiggery pokery i will start by showing the live tv on the sky news channel and end with that too and post again on here 
  • edited September 2015

i understand.  you've put together something good.  it would be a shame not to open the doors to the poker migrants who want to come in.

• edited September 2015
    Finished the draw!

Will just check recording now
  • edited September 2015
    Finished the draw! Will hust check recording now
    Posted by Phantom66
    Good work sir, look forward to it.

Love the trusting nature of poker players that led to you adding the Sky News date stamp :)
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    i understand.  you've put together something good.  it would be a shame not to open the doors to the poker migrants who want to come in.  
    Posted by aussie09

I was quite open to letting people in before the draw was made, however now that it has been made that's it entries closed.

Although I do expect that out of 91 entrants, someone will pull out or not be able to play for whatever reason and so I will keep a reserve list open.

• edited September 2015
    Draw Teaser #1 - Like Mr Channing, I didn't get a bye into the 2nd round :-(
  • edited September 2015
    Right. Neil is in. I am about to film the draw. Due to sound issues there will need to be a bit of post production before i upload it. However just so you know there is no jiggery pokery i will start by showing the live tv on the sky news channel and end with that too and post again on here 
    Posted by Phantom66

A John logie Baird moment.

• edited September 2015
    This video production mullarkey isn't so easy is it. I am not saying I will match the production standards of the UKPC, but at least I understand why it takes so long! Having amateurs doing the presenting doesn't help, and I haven't got any experience either. <} you really RicOrford.

I have the video sorted - it needs a voice over which I hope to sort tomorrow (to mute the ball rattling and call out the names of the players when the ball is drawn).

I didnt do that live, so in fact while I knew I was no.1 I didn't have a clue who I had drawn myself against until I reviewed the video. Turns out at least you won't think I rigged the draw.

I need some zzzzz's now I am afraid. I have some intro bits to voice which will probably be the hardest to time. Hopefully the draw itself and the recap of the draw at the end (with graphic - oooh) will be pretty straight forward.
  • edited September 2015
    PS AT least I managed to get through the draw without breaking the draw machine (cough, RicOrford).

For the record a member of the public randomly selected set of balls no.1 and the machine named "Jimmy" for the draw, this was independently verified by noone because I made it up.
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by aussie09

If that was an attempt at migrant based humour I am not amused. 100's of thousands of human beings have been displaced and are fleeing for their lives. Some are dying along the way. Most are being horribly mistreated while goverments haggle about how little they will do to help while claiming to be doing all they can/more than others.

My son is currently doing charity work in Jordan helping these people and hearing first hand the terrible state in their countries of origin and trying to help provide them with the basic rights of life that we all take for granted.

Dont want to drag the thread down into a political debate (carry that on my diary thread if you wish) but you touched a bit of a nerve there aussie.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: The Heads Up FA Cup - Official rules/draw/results thread : If that was an attempt at migrant based humour I am not amused. 100's of thousands of human beings have been displaced and are fleeing for their lives. Some are dying along the way. Most are being horribly mistreated while goverments haggle about how little they will do to help while claiming to be doing all they can/more than others. My son is currently doing charity work in Jordan helping these people and hearing first hand the terrible state in their countries of origin and trying to help provide them with the basic rights of life that we all take for granted. Dont want to drag the thread down into a political debate (carry that on my diary thread if you wish) but you touched a bit of a nerve there aussie.
    Posted by Phantom66

blimey.

i withdraw my name from your competition.

• ommomm
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: The Heads Up FA Cup - Official rules/draw/results thread : If that was an attempt at migrant based humour I am not amused. 100's of thousands of human beings have been displaced and are fleeing for their lives. Some are dying along the way. Most are being horribly mistreated while goverments haggle about how little they will do to help while claiming to be doing all they can/more than others. My son is currently doing charity work in Jordan helping these people and hearing first hand the terrible state in their countries of origin and trying to help provide them with the basic rights of life that we all take for granted. Dont want to drag the thread down into a political debate (carry that on my diary thread if you wish) but you touched a bit of a nerve there aussie.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Fair enough Phantom that you feel very strongly about this issue and with your son being in the thick of it makes it even more real for you, however I think you have been really a little bit harsh on Aussie here. I read his quote and although I am very aware of what is going on it didn't even cross my mind that he was trying to make light/joke about the situation facing millions of people across the world, saw it more as just a description of what he was trying to say, personally wouldn't even class it as an attempted joke ( of course I could be wrong, only Aussie knows that). 

Anyway just goes to show how differently we all interpret words/sentences that are wrote online. None of the emotion u see. 
  • edited September 2015
    When can we see the draw guys?

thanks

Ger
  • edited September 2015
    @omm. Fair points. On reflection my first line could have been worded better 

For me it is a very emotive issue. The word migrant is so misused and I do have that personal connection. 

For the record I dont mean to imply aussie has any personal views either way on the current humanitarian crisis. Also for the record let's not mix politics and poker. We are fortunate enough to live in a free country. 

@Aussie happy to try and clear this up off forum. I cant pm at the moment as I am on my phone which cannot access them but will do later.

edit:pm sent

if anyone is interested as to what my son is up to please see the link on my diary page.
  • edited September 2015
    When can we see the draw guys? thanks Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi ger.

Hopefully later today.
  • edited September 2015
    When can we see the draw guys? thanks Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi ger.

Hopefully later today.