You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV is here

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Sky Dan has spent the last month pouring blood, sweat and tears into this festival and at last it is here. It all kicks off on 1 November and there is 15 days of fun with a total guaranteed prizepool well in excess of £500,000. 

Have a look and let him know what you think. Feel free to leave any questions you have about the festival and we will try our best to field as many as we can.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Looks good, looking foward to shipping one
  • edited September 2015
    That quite a feast, presented clearly and linear. Ty.
  • edited September 2015
    Only thing would be to watch out for "supposedly new players" or old players making up new alias's to abuse the set up
  • edited September 2015
    Looks great, something for every bankroll.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here:
    Only thing would be to watch out for "supposedly new players" or old players making up new alias's to abuse the set up
    Posted by Darkangel7
    We are completely on top of this and have the people and systems in place to handle it.
  • edited September 2015
    Thanks for sending me busto Sky, much appreciated.
  • edited September 2015
    This looks to good so it looks like I'm going to be playing tourneys in NOVEMBER then!!
    GG SKY.
  • edited September 2015
    Looks great, caters for all tastes and bankrolls  and you'd hope there will be no complaints!

Will be aiming to satellite into the £110 Deepstack and if I don't manage it, I'll enter the £5 one instead! :)
  • edited September 2015
    Looks good, will try and play as many days as i can.
  • edited September 2015
    £25k gtd £11 BHs!! Should be fun!
  • edited September 2015
    Is there satalites to these and if so when will they start, looks a really good 2 weeks : )
  • edited September 2015
    Is there satalites to these and if so when will they start, looks a really good 2 weeks : )
    Posted by Blackpuma
    Have a read on the promo page, all the info is there including sat info.
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Blackpuma
    Yup, satellites start next Thursday (1st October) from as little as £1.20. 

The gumf & gubbins is HERE                  
  • edited September 2015
    Looks good. Will try and play as many as I can. One thing though, lobby looks very cluttered at the moment!

EDIT: Alls good now, been decluttered!
  • edited September 2015
    On the Super BHers

1)  Is the software capable of handling a 2500 runner MTT?
    2)  Why is the player limit on these 2500?
    3)  Is the actual intention here to give away overlay, some shadow promo focussed at attracting new players?  And if so how strong is the marketing for new players being done and where is it being done?
  • edited September 2015
    I'm also worried about the ability for the software to handle a 2500 runner MTT. Hopefully it goes smooth sailing though.
  • edited September 2015

Morning chaps.

There have been no "site issues" related to high volume of players since the new site was introduced, some 2 or 3 years (?) ago, & I gather the site has been load tested to a number far in excess of that.  

The number of 2,500 for the £25,000 BH's was mentioned, but bear in mind, even if we assume it makes exactly 2,500 runners, there will be far more players on the site at that time. 

If we look at Day 8, for example, between 7pm & 8.30pm, there are 5 Tournaments which, if they were all to exactly match the guarantee, would mean  (330 + 2,500 + 60 +200 + 1,000) = 4,090 runners (minus some early exits). Now add in those who are not playing MTT's, but are playing SNG's & Cash & the number gets considerably larger.

• edited September 2015
    Morning chaps. There have been no "site issues" related to high volume of players since the new site was introduced, some 2 or 3 years (?) ago, & I gather the site has been load tested to a number far in excess of that.   The number of 2,500 for the £25,000 BH's was mentioned, but bear in mind, even if we assume it makes exactly 2,500 runners, there will be far more players on the site at that time.  If we look at Day 8, for example, between 7pm & 8.30pm, there are 5 Tournaments which, if they were all to exactly match the guarantee, would mean  (330 + 2,500 + 60 +200 + 1,000) = 4,090 runners (minus some early exits). Now add in those who are not playing MTT's, but are playing SNG's & Cash & the number gets considerably larger.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Assuming Friday night is reasonably busy for the site. 

9pm

3702 Online 2238 Seated

So expectation is for more players than were seated at 9pm to play a specific tournament?

In the words of Sir Humphrey from Yes, Prime Minister what a brave idea! 

• edited September 2015
    Sorry if there appears negativity from the last few posts but is concerns as having a large tournament that has overlay isnt good for anyone nor is having the software struggle and fall down and this being a load of players most recent experience of the site (especially when a number of them may not have played since the double 3max UKOPS situation!). 
  • edited September 2015
    Sorry if there appears negativity from the last few posts but is concerns as having a large tournament that has overlay isnt good for anyone nor is having the software struggle and fall down and this being a load of players most recent experience of the site (especially when a number of them may not have played since the double 3max UKOPS situation!). 
    Posted by MattBates
    You may rest assured, Matt, that the Business is not madly keen on the idea of overlay.......;)

Doubt they just done this on a whim, either, it will have been extensively thought through, on both day to day & strategic level. To the Business, it's not just about a bunch of Tournaments, it's a whole lot more.  

Did you see the Sky Poker adverts on the TV last night? No? Don't worry, there are plenty more to follow throughout October.

I deffo agree it's a "brave idea" but personally, I think that's something to be applauded. Like a bit of courage, me.  
  • edited September 2015
    Looks like a great schedule, I can't wait! Added bonus that the worst main (imo), the PLO, is on my birthday, 4th November, so I won't feel so bad about not grinding on my birthday now :)

Gonna be a pricey couple of weeks! Really hope these £25k £11bhs 1) don't get huge overlay and 2) run smoothly.

glgl all
  • edited September 2015
    Will there be a leaderboard with prizes up for grabs for the series again this time? Maybe 1st place could win free entry into the next ukops at christmas into that highroller, 2nd wins 2 £110 tournament tokens, 3rd and 4th 2 £55 tournament tokens then from 5th to 10th wins a £22 tournament ticket. Already looks to be a good series and i think with a little extra incentive with prizes and such it will attract even more players to the series.
  • edited September 2015
    Just wanted to ask what's gonna be happening to the 'normal' schedule during this time? I'm just thinking of the usual games I play and whether I'll be playing them PLUS the UKOPS ones or whether they've been shelved while UKOPS in on... the ones that spring to mind...

7pm - £22bh
    9:30pm - the biggest guarantee £11bh
    9pm - £55BH
    10:30pm £55 turbo BH (Matt Bates Invitational)

In some cases there's a UKOPS tourney on at the same time as some of the above (like 7pm bh, there are 7pm UKOPS comps now around the £3 mark), is this as well as or instead of? Other cases there's just no UKOPS event that match the same starting time, like there's no 10:30pm events so is the MBI still gonna run as normal?

Just trying to figure out how much these 2 weeks are gonna cost me!

TIA

• edited September 2015
    Just wanted to ask what's gonna be happening to the 'normal' schedule during this time? I'm just thinking of the usual games I play and whether I'll be playing them PLUS the UKOPS ones or whether they've been shelved while UKOPS in on... the ones that spring to mind... 7pm - £22bh 9:30pm - the biggest guarantee £11bh 9pm - £55BH 10:30pm £55 turbo BH (Matt Bates Invitational) In some cases there's a UKOPS tourney on at the same time as some of the above (like 7pm bh, there are 7pm UKOPS comps now around the £3 mark), is this as well as or instead of ? Other cases there's just no UKOPS event that match the same starting time, like there's no 10:30pm events so is the MBI still gonna run as normal? Just trying to figure out how much these 2 weeks are gonna cost me! TIA
    Posted by Lambert180
    I have no idea if the details as to the existing schedule have been finalised, but I'd imagine many of the existing, regular Scheduled Tournaments will be replaced by UKOPS events. It'd not make sense (to me) to keep the existing schedule 100% "as is". 

So probably a good deal is instead of rather than as well as.  

It's over a month away, so I won't trouble Dan & Sam with the question over the weekend, but I'm sure all will become clearer in the next week or two.

• edited September 2015
    Will there be a leaderboard with prizes up for grabs for the series again this time? Maybe 1st place could win free entry into the next ukops at christmas into that highroller, 2nd wins 2 £110 tournament tokens, 3rd and 4th 2 £55 tournament tokens then from 5th to 10th wins a £22 tournament ticket. Already looks to be a good series and i think with a little extra incentive with prizes and such it will attract even more players to the series.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Again, I'll ask them on Monday.          

As far as I am currently aware, no, there is not a planned "official" UKOPS Tournament Leaderboard. Personally, whilst I know players enjoy them immensely, (I certainly do) I'm not convinced they drive extra revenue, &, FWIW (very little) I've argued against them in, for instance, the Sky Poker UKPC, where we did not run one last time around.

Quite often one of the players run these on an informal, or unofficial basis, & Sky Poker add some prizes. That may be a better way forward.

• edited September 2015
    Will there be more coverage on sky or just the tuesdays still as i think showing a big ukops event like this on sky will get more players on the site
  • edited September 2015
    So well over 100+ UKOPS mtts and I can spot just one PLO8!
    Really SkyPoker, is that the best you can do! #sigh

• edited September 2015
    So well over 100+ UKOPS mtts and I can spot just one PLO8! Really SkyPoker, is that the best you can do! #sigh
    Posted by GELDY
    Will be intresting to see if this one event makes the guarantee, if so maybe they will run more in the future. No point having say 5 PL08 events and they all miss, makes no sense. Hope it is popular and more can be introduced in the future.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Yup, satellites start next Thursday (1st October) from as little as £1.20.   The gumf & gubbins is HERE                   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank-you : )
  • edited September 2015

i have been thinking about providing support for UKOPS XIV.

this is what is possible, just example pages but it will give you an idea ....

www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html

There are various things that can be done.  Best Player, Highest Profit, Main Event Interactive, Results, Jackpot and a Final Day 30 minute update page so you can see in real time who will win the festival.

i will need to put hours into my spreadsheets and website to enable this and throughout the two weeks of UKOPS.  i will do so happily if it adds something to the whole festival.

the real quest is to get the right balance between the amount of interest and the prizes and incentives offered.  hopefully, the prizes offered will make it all worthwhile.  if i recall correctly there has been quite a wide range of prizes kindly added by skypoker.  was it not that two UKOPS ago we had a £1,100 UKPC seat as first prize, even though the last UKOPS offered zero?  somewhere in between would be good.

i also think that with guarantees already announced this will help ensure that fewer tournaments have overlay.  this alone might represent quite a saving for skypoker.  then there is the added noise that will happen that will mean that more new people join in, and players will play more events than they would have played otherwise.  good news for everyone.

have a look and give feedback here or there.

rob.