You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV is here

13»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here:
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Superb
    Posted by Dollie

thank you gordon

• edited October 2015

i have added a new page to the ukops festival for "heads"

so now we have...

UKOPS Best Player (through the whole festival)
    Profit
    Heads
    Final Day Live Leaderboard
    Daily Best Player (latest day plus each of the 15 days)
    Daily Results

www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html

• edited October 2015
    i have added a new page to the ukops festival for "heads" so now we have... UKOPS Best Player (through the whole festival) Profit Heads Final Day Live Leaderboard Daily Best Player (latest day plus each of the 15 days) Daily Results www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html
    Posted by aussie09
    Already extremely excited for ukops, will be great to have all the stats for it too good job aussie! 

• edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    I've changed it to 8pm - page is updating as we speak. Please communicate to any regular PLO8 players!
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Only just caught up with this news 

VWP

I will definitely be in this now.

PS As it's the only PLO8 event of the festival - how about a bracelet for the first ever UKOPS PLO8 champion?
  • edited October 2015

thinking about the possible prizes that skypoker might wish to offer over and above the 120 or so tournament winner bracelets, there are several good opportunities...

UKOPS Festival Best Player
    UKOPS Most Profitable Player
    Daily UKOPS Best Player
    Most UKOPS Festival Heads
    Most Heads in one Tournament
    Best Newbie

there could also be a freeroll (a week later) for the top three points winners each day.

i think that by seizing this opportunity to fund prizes the number of players who participate in the UKOPS festival will increase and the number of tournaments that each player buys into will increase even more.  we all win.

• edited October 2015
    hi,

will there be any more sats to the Omaha tournaments?
  • edited October 2015
    25K GTD BH with £11 buy-in - that'll take some winning. In terms of strategy, I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of getting a bluff through in the early stages. It will be carnage: a quarter of the field will be gone in an hour.

• edited October 2015
    I forgot to add, well done to skypoker's new owners for their continued support of poker in the UK. They're just about the only ones doing anything to keep it going, or at least the only ones to generate the publicity.

• edited October 2015
    25K GTD BH with £11 buy-in - that'll take some winning. In terms of strategy, I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of getting a bluff through in the early stages. It will be carnage: a quarter of the field will be gone in an hour.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Why is that? :s

I mean all 11bhs on here play pretty nuts with people chasing bounties etc but if anything these shuold play the opposite, cos the money up top is SO much bigger than a regular 11bh and the bounties in the late stages will be £100+ instead of a few quid.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Why is that? :s I mean all 11bhs on here play pretty nuts with people chasing bounties etc but if anything these shuold play the opposite, cos the money up top is SO much bigger than a regular 11bh and the bounties in the late stages will be £100+ instead of a few quid.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I reckon that with 2500 runners there will be lots of new recreational players.

• edited October 2015
    Right, time to catch up on some questions that haven't already been answered: '"Only thing would be to watch out for "supposedly new players" or old players making up new aliases to abuse the set up" We've planned for this. There are systems that we can use to monitor this kind of activity. My background is in fraud prevention, I'll be making sure that any new poker registrations in October are fully verified etc. and have no links to other accounts. "On the Super BHers 2) Why is the player limit on these 2500? 3) Is the actual intention here to give away overlay, some shadow promo focussed at attracting new players? And if so how strong is the marketing for new players being done and where is it being done?" 2) The limit is not 2,500 - that is simply the figure that the software currently displays as a maximum. We intend to make this number visibly higher ASAP. 3) Clearly we want to attract new players to the site, but we felt that a £11 buy-in to a £25k tournament was equally an attractive proposition for existing customers. As for how strong the marketing is, we have a shiny new TV add, plenty of other comms being done. I'll try and get some more information if you want a full breakdown. "Will there be a leaderboard with prizes up for grabs?" We have not planned for this but it looks like Rob below may do something. Give him some positive feedback! I'm sure we would be able to arrange some prizes (don't hold me to that just yet). "Just wanted to ask what's gonna be happening to the 'normal' schedule during this time?" UKOPS tournaments will take the place of any tounaments starting at the same time. "Will there be more coverage on sky or just the tuesdays still" Just Tuesday I'm afraid. "So well over 100+ UKOPS mtts and I can spot just one PLO8!" I did think about having another PLO8 event at £3.30 but then what do you do, guarantee just £500? It's meant to be a festival with some bigger guarantees than the usual tournaments, we just couldn't justify it. You're never going to get 300+ runners to hit a £1k guarantee. But if it goes well this time around then obviously we will have more in the future. "where are the full ring deepstacks?" Not sure if this is a joke or not but they are on holiday. An extended one.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Dan

Some old bloke is suggesting there will be a 2500 limit now. Is this a change or is he getting confused?

Matt
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Dan Some old bloke is suggesting there will be a 2500 limit now. Is this a change or is he getting confused? Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    Eh?
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Dan Some old bloke is suggesting there will be a 2500 limit now. Is this a change or is he getting confused? Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    For once, "some old bloke" was not confused - it will be capped at 2,500.

I'm outraged at your description. Outraged. Ageism is illegal. 

You are guilty of short-term thinking. And short sightedness. And short memory. And short.   

• edited October 2015
    when will be ukops highroller satellite?
  • edited October 2015
    when will be ukops highroller satellite?
    Posted by reraiser77
    Hi reraiser,

There will certainly be High Roller satellites "on the day", & probably in advance, too, & there will be SNG satellites, too. So if the SNG's fill quick enough, they will run non-stop.

This (below), is taken from the Promo page....

• A Semi-Final will take place every night leading into a UKOPS Main Event

• Daily Sit & Go satellites will be available for all Semi-Finals and Quarter-Finals

• Starting Sunday 1st November, Sit & Go satellites will be available for all Main Events and tournaments with a buy-in of £22 or more

• edited October 2015
    There will high roller satellites taking place today! 3 seats are guaranteed in the 9.15 semi final tonight.
  • edited October 2015
    Wow...I can't believe that it was almost a year ago that I won my first UKOPS Bracelet, yes before anyone shouts, it was more luck than judgement but the feeling was AMAZING!

I've been lucky enough to freeroll into UKOPS 1 on Sunday so look forward to seeing you all at the table and hopefully having a late night! As I'm sure many of you will agree, I'm not exactly a good poker player but on the night that I won everything just went right for me and if I can win so can anyone. It's a fantastic competition and I urge everyone to have a go, because you never know!

I'm really looking forward to Sunday and hopefully many other November nights of UKOPS...

Thanks Sky
  • edited October 2015

Nice post jondebar, captures the essence & magic of poker.

Good luck this time round, too.
  • edited October 2015

I just had a look, & the UKOPS High Roller - still 8 days away - already has 22 runners. Epic scenes.
  • edited November 2015

So tonight we have £30K, £25K and £20K tournaments all starting in a 30 minute period.

When you add in the other 7 UKOPS events and everything else that's going surely this is the biggest night of guarantees ever offered on Sky Poker?