You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV is here

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here:
    So well over 100+ UKOPS mtts and I can spot just one PLO8! Really SkyPoker, is that the best you can do! #sigh
    Posted by GELDY
    nice gag Gedly!
  • edited September 2015
    where are the full ring deepstacks?
  • edited September 2015
    where are the full ring deepstacks?
    Posted by percival09
    I was sure u must be joking but then i saw your flag which brought back bad memories  of my time playing low stakes games on pokerstars with a bunch of Russian/Eastern europeon nits not my idea of fun.

Sky does not have antes so a deep stack full ring mtt is not most peoples idea of fun.
    I do enjoy sky being a uk only site i guess u live in the uk now..

• edited September 2015

it might be good to have a daily champion too.

daily and festival champions, daily and festival prizes.

• edited September 2015
    I suppose we had our hopes built up that there would be three or four PLO8 events out of the around a hundred events.

I suppose one event is a start but it is disappointing and suggests that SKY doesn't want to be the site of choice for PLO8 players.

Other than that it is a good schedule for NLH players. Shame that the only Omaha ME is on the one night of the week that I cannot play but that happens. 
  • edited September 2015
    I suppose we had our hopes built up that there would be three or four PLO8 events out of the around a hundred events. I suppose one event is a start but it is disappointing and suggests that SKY doesn't want to be the site of choice for PLO8 players. Other than that it is a good schedule for NLH players. Shame that the only Omaha ME is on the one night of the week that I cannot play but that happens. 
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    How many players would you think would play a PLO8 event?

There seems to be some active posters who play PLO8 and its assumed there will be loads of people who will play it but I dont't see it, for your sake I hope I am wrong. The best way to get sky to support PLO is to get numbers in the games they put on. Its like when you get lots of posters saying they want deepstack games in the daily schedule and in UKOPS then sky put the events on and the numbers are poor. 

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : How many players would you think would play a PLO8 event? There seems to be some active posters who play PLO8 and its assumed there will be loads of people who will play it but I dont't see it, for your sake I hope I am wrong. The best way to get sky to support PLO is to get numbers in the games they put on. Its like when you get lots of posters saying they want deepstack games in the daily schedule and in UKOPS then sky put the events on and the numbers are poor. 
    Posted by MattBates

I have to agree and I play a lot of hilo. 6pm £10 tourney may well struggle to hit its guarantee, I hope I am wrong. As Matt says, the proof is in the playing, if there is an apetite then we will get the numbers.

I will play this and most of the plo events, hopefully Sky will keep them in the schedule.

I think it is a very enticing schedule BTW, well played Sky.
  • edited September 2015
    Right, time to catch up on some questions that haven't already been answered:

'"Only thing would be to watch out for "supposedly new players" or old players making up new aliases to abuse the set up"

We've planned for this. There are systems that we can use to monitor this kind of activity. My background is in fraud prevention, I'll be making sure that any new poker registrations in October are fully verified etc. and have no links to other accounts.

"On the Super BHers 2) Why is the player limit on these 2500? 3) Is the actual intention here to give away overlay, some shadow promo focussed at attracting new players? And if so how strong is the marketing for new players being done and where is it being done?"

2) The limit is not 2,500 - that is simply the figure that the software currently displays as a maximum. We intend to make this number visibly higher ASAP. 3) Clearly we want to attract new players to the site, but we felt that a £11 buy-in to a £25k tournament was equally an attractive proposition for existing customers. As for how strong the marketing is, we have a shiny new TV add, plenty of other comms being done. I'll try and get some more information if you want a full breakdown.

"Will there be a leaderboard with prizes up for grabs?"

We have not planned for this but it looks like Rob below may do something. Give him some positive feedback! I'm sure we would be able to arrange some prizes (don't hold me to that just yet).

"Just wanted to ask what's gonna be happening to the 'normal' schedule during this time?"

UKOPS tournaments will take the place of any tounaments starting at the same time.

"Will there be more coverage on sky or just the tuesdays still"

Just Tuesday I'm afraid.

"So well over 100+ UKOPS mtts and I can spot just one PLO8!"

I did think about having another PLO8 event at £3.30 but then what do you do, guarantee just £500? It's meant to be a festival with some bigger guarantees than the usual tournaments, we just couldn't justify it. You're never going to get 300+ runners to hit a £1k guarantee. But if it goes well this time around then obviously we will have more in the future.

"where are the full ring deepstacks?"

Not sure if this is a joke or not but they are on holiday. An extended one.

• edited September 2015
    "Just wanted to ask what's gonna be happening to the 'normal' schedule during this time?" UKOPS tournaments will take the place of any tounaments starting at the same time. 
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    That's why I mentioned a few other comps that don't match start times of UKOPS events. Like there's a £22bh at 7pm and now there's a 7pm UKOPS (albeit always alot smaller BI than £22) so I'm guessing that's dropped but how about the 10:30pm MBI (£55 turbo bh). There's no 10:30pm UKOPS events so will that run as normal?
  • edited September 2015
    Sorry, didn't answer that question very well.

Initially I meant if it was a similar buy-in at the same time then it would likely replace the current tournament (for example the UKOPS £55 tournaments at 22:00 will likely replace the current £55 22:30 tournament). For others it will be a bit different - the £22 £1k BH at 19:00 you mention I cannot imagine being replaced by the UKOPS £3.30 event.

Sorry it's a bit of a wooly answer - I haven't got a definitive one at this moment in time. I did just speak to Adam and we're going to look at it closer to the date.
  • edited September 2015

Can you please confirm that the Jackpot will still run over UKOPS (8pm Main & 8.30pm Mini). Also, what will the structures of the minis be please?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : I was sure u must be joking but then i saw your flag which brought back bad memories  of my time playing low stakes games on pokerstars with a bunch of Russian/Eastern europeon nits not my idea of fun. Sky does not have antes so a deep stack full ring mtt is not most peoples idea of fun. I do enjoy sky being a uk only site i guess u live in the uk now..  
    Posted by ALLEYKITTY
    Россия за жизнь
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : How many players would you think would play a PLO8 event? There seems to be some active posters who play PLO8 and its assumed there will be loads of people who will play it but I dont't see it, for your sake I hope I am wrong. The best way to get sky to support PLO is to get numbers in the games they put on. Its like when you get lots of posters saying they want deepstack games in the daily schedule and in UKOPS then sky put the events on and the numbers are poor. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Numbers for PLO9 are increasing. It may be some way behind NLH but players that don't normally play PLO8 will often give it a go during a festival which will push up the numbers further, now & for the future. 

Think it would be interesting if in the future SKY ran a HORSE tournament or if that is not possible a three tournament competition of NLH, PLO & PLO8 with a big bonus prize for the best player across all three events. That might entice some of the regulars into playing.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Numbers for PLO9 are increasing. It may be some way behind NLH but players that don't normally play PLO8 will often give it a go during a festival which will push up the numbers further, now & for the future.  Think it would be interesting if in the future SKY ran a HORSE tournament or if that is not possible a three tournament competition of NLH, PLO & PLO8 with a big bonus prize for the best player across all three events. That might entice some of the regulars into playing.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    HORSE - don't think that'll be happening near term, that has even less demand than PLO or PLO8. Great game, yeah, but here? Doubt that's viable.  

I know a few folk are a bit disappointed that there is only one PLO8 event, but it's a start, imo. My thinking on these sort of things is not to ask for help, but to prove the case ourselves, as players.

Tell all our mates, rustle up some more players, mention it on Twitter & EffBook, do everything to ensure the Guarantee gets well covered. If we Ploppers cover the PLO8 Guarantee by a goodly margin, then, next time round, they'll HAVE to give us more PLO8 events.

You know how much I love PLO8, but there's two sides to this - the VAST majority have no interest in it. I'm chuffed to bits it's been included. Now let's build on it.
  • edited October 2015
    Really looking forward to this and trying new games ( mix game fish) Pretty gutted its clashing with Punta Cana. But at least we'll be back for the main.
  • edited October 2015
    Really looking forward to this and trying new games ( mix game fish) Pretty gutted its clashing with Punta Cana. But at least we'll be back for the main.
    Posted by devil_tear
    ;)

That's a cake & eat it thing. Thought you played nice & snug last night - well done.
  • edited October 2015

I have been developing a few webpages to support players in UKOPS.

www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html

There are five main sections

Daily Results.
      See the day results of the tournaments on any of the 15 days of the UKOPS festival.  Click on one of the 15 buttons.

Daily Best.  Each day you can see the Best Player.  I am hoping that Sky Poker reward the top players each day.  I think that would be good and it will generate more play.  See the daily points winner by selecting the day button.

UKOPS Best Player.  The Main Leaderboard totals the points throughout the UKOPS festival.  This will show the Top 100 Best Players.  It will also show the movement from the previous day, e.g. up 12 places, or new entry at 66.

UKOPS Profit.  Total Profit of the Top 50 Players throughout the 15 days of the festival

UKOPS Live.  On the final day of the festival there will be many in with a chance of the main prize and UKOPS Best Player title.  I intend to run a leaderboard that is updated every 30 minutes to indicate who is currently leading.  It will show the points of the top 100 and their points as it stands.

What do you think?

www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html

Rob.

• edited October 2015
    Posted by MattBates
    As an active PL08 player I can only agree that many PL08 Ts would not be attractive to the masss. However, sticking an £11 PL08 T at 6pm on a thurs is setting it up to fail imo. I'll play and hope i'm wrong or end up in a 1K T with 30 runners.

Running this at 8pm would be soooo much better, since all the regs who plays thurs eves would likely play. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : As an active PL08 player I can only agree that many PL08 Ts would not be attractive to the masss. However, sticking an £11 PL08 T at 6pm on a thurs is setting it up to fail imo. I'll play and hope i'm wrong or end up in a 1K T with 30 runners. Running this at 8pm would be soooo much better, since all the regs who plays thurs eves would likely play. 
    Posted by suzy666
    I'm not against changing the time of this particular event as it does make sense to have it at a more playable time for everyone.
  • edited October 2015
    I've added a Satellites Calendar to the Promotions page so that you know when you can qualify for certain £20k+ Main Events.

The plan for satellites/Rewards Freeroll prizes looks like this:

Mondays - qualify for the Day 1 £20,000 Bounty Hunter
    Tuesday - rotating qualification for one of the smaller Main Events/Day 15 £40,000 Main Event
    Wednesdays - qualify for the Day 8 £20,000 Bounty Hunter
    Thursdays - qualify for the Day 15 £40,000 Main Event
    Fridays - qualify for the Day 8 £30,000 High Roller
    Saturdays - rotating qualification for one of the smaller Main Events/Day 15 £40,000 Main Event
    Sundays - qualify for the Day 8 £30,000 High Roller

We've tried to make this as consistent as possible so that you can plan ahead.
  • edited October 2015
    Can you please confirm that the Jackpot will still run over UKOPS (8pm Main & 8.30pm Mini). Also, what will the structures of the minis be please?
    Posted by MAXALLY

Re: Final Table Jackpot, we're currently looking at this promotion and wondering whether to do something else with the spend. I believe Tikay will be posting a thread asking for your feedback later today...

As for the structures of the Minis, I will come back to you on that.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : I'm not against changing the time of this particular event as it does make sense to have it at a more playable time for everyone.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

Would really like to see this Dan, I think it would definitely help with numbers
  • edited October 2015
    I've changed it to 8pm - page is updating as we speak. Please communicate to any regular PLO8 players!
  • edited October 2015
    I have been developing a few webpages to support players in UKOPS. www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html There are five main sections Daily Results.   See the day results of the tournaments on any of the 15 days of the UKOPS festival.  Click on one of the 15 buttons. Daily Best.   Each day you can see the Best Player.  I am hoping that Sky Poker reward the top players each day.  I think that would be good and it will generate more play.  See the daily points winner by selecting the day button. UKOPS Best Player.  The Main Leaderboard totals the points throughout the UKOPS festival.  This will show the Top 100 Best Players.  It will also show the movement from the previous day, e.g. up 12 places, or new entry at 66. UKOPS Profit.   Total Profit of the Top 50 Players throughout the 15 days of the festival UKOPS Live.   On the final day of the festival there will be many in with a chance of the main prize and UKOPS Best Player title.  I intend to run a leaderboard that is updated every 30 minutes to indicate who is currently leading.  It will show the points of the top 100 and their points as it stands. What do you think? www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html Rob. .
    Posted by aussie09

very good job Rob, i hope you get the kudos it deserves.

jamie
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : very good job Rob, i hope you get the kudos it deserves. jamie
    Posted by mewillows
    thank you, jamie.  cheers man.

• edited October 2015
    I have been developing a few webpages to support players in UKOPS. www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html There are five main sections Daily Results.   See the day results of the tournaments on any of the 15 days of the UKOPS festival.  Click on one of the 15 buttons. Daily Best.   Each day you can see the Best Player.  I am hoping that Sky Poker reward the top players each day.  I think that would be good and it will generate more play.  See the daily points winner by selecting the day button. UKOPS Best Player.  The Main Leaderboard totals the points throughout the UKOPS festival.  This will show the Top 100 Best Players.  It will also show the movement from the previous day, e.g. up 12 places, or new entry at 66. UKOPS Profit.   Total Profit of the Top 50 Players throughout the 15 days of the festival UKOPS Live.   On the final day of the festival there will be many in with a chance of the main prize and UKOPS Best Player title.  I intend to run a leaderboard that is updated every 30 minutes to indicate who is currently leading.  It will show the points of the top 100 and their points as it stands. What do you think? www.PokerSuperHero.com/ukops.html Rob. .
    Posted by aussie09

Great stuff Rob.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV is here : Great stuff Rob.
    Posted by jonjo75

thanks jj

• edited October 2015
    Excuse my ignorance but how do the double chance games work? Do you get '2 starting stacks' for your buy-in? Or does it cost you again to enter if you get knocked out?
  • edited October 2015
    Excuse my ignorance but how do the double chance games work? Do you get '2 starting stacks' for your buy-in? Or does it cost you again to enter if you get knocked out?
    Posted by goldnballz
    It seems that quite a few of us have different ideas about what this means. I mean it as:

1 rebuy if you get knocked out
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by aussie09
    Superb