You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat

KEVMAC10 finished 10th, & collected a pleasing consolation prize of £800.

The Bubble Boy - someone always has to bubble - was mattprawn.

The "ugh" story of the night was aussie09, who was cruising his way to a seat all evening, controlling the table & playing nice & snug. Hard to see how he would NOT qualify for the 2nd year running. The Gods of Poker have a way of being a bit moody & unpredictable at times, & Aussie's exit was one of those - he got it in with A-K v A-Q, & the 4 flush arrived to save A-Q man, & leave Aussie on fumes. Typically, after a few minutes to compose himself, aussie was back in the chat box wishing everyone well, & after today, knowing him as I do, he'll never mention it again.

10 handed (9 seats & £800 to 10th) the game seemed to go on for ever. 4 players had less than 4 bigs, of which two had less than 2 bigs, one chap had half a big. Epic clinging on.

Adam Bromley, who had plenty of chips earlier, & looked to be cruising, received the curse of the bok when a (well-meaning) railer suggested he & Natalie get their bags packed ready to fly to Punta Cana. Natalie, who was eagerly railing, but sensibly (just keeping quiet for a change) was horrified, & of course, you know what happened next - Adam could not find any spots, & was looking at the 2 ultra shorties on the next table, & soon found himself with about 4 bigs & clinging on desperately. He clunged well. 

Tremendous fun, well played all, well played Sky Poker.        

Comments

• edited October 2015

Cracking Punta Cana Final last night, which eventually ended around 0045am if I recall correctly.

Congrats to these 9, who all won themselves a trip to the Caribbean in November;

StayOrGo

CxE1

devil_tear

Perizoma

bobbyboy33

munchkin00

bromley04

GGGGCCCC

bigbob57
  • edited October 2015
    As "Bubble Boy" I'd like to add my congratulations to the winners and wish them a fantastic trip to PC.

Very exciting final, played in fantastic spirit.  Time after time a player would return to the chat box to wish the remaining players well.  Don't believe I saw a single gripe all night and some great railing from the usual suspects. 

Well done guys, look forward to reading the blogs!

Best

Mattp
  • edited October 2015

^^^^^

Amen to all that, well said Matt.
  • edited October 2015
    Well that was intense!!!

Very well played all and commiserations to Matt and Kev. Pretty horrible exit hand to burst the holiday bubble; Adam had to shove and Kev had to call. 

Adam and I are making our way to work very very bleary eyed after not very much sleep. Holidays to plan!!! 

I'm also unsure whether to feel sorry for these guys. A whole week in the sun with me?! 

Quick admin question to assist planning; I assume this isn't an invitation only tourney and I can just buy in when we get there?? I really want to play too? 

Thanks Sky for running this. Can't wait. Now where does one buy a bikini in Nov?! 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine:
    Well that was intense!!! Very well played all and commiserations to Matt and Kev. Pretty horrible exit hand to burst the holiday bubble; Adam had to shove and Kev had to call.  Adam and I are making our way to work very very bleary eyed after not very much sleep. Holidays to plan!!!  I'm also unsure whether to feel sorry for these guys. A whole week in the sun with me?!  Quick admin question to assist planning; I assume this isn't an invitation only tourney and I can just buy in when we get there?? I really want to play too?  Thanks Sky for running this. Can't wait. Now where does one buy a bikini in Nov?! 
    Posted by Bromley023
    Not sure about a bikini but Adam can get one of these and look very dapper on the beach

• edited October 2015
    Well done to everyone who got there.

Plus a shout out to bigbob57 - a regular on the PLO8 tables.

• edited October 2015
    ^^^^^ Amen to all that, well said Matt.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Currently on the East Coast train between Morpeth and Edinburgh, enjoying a bacon sandwich and admiring the view of the North Sea. 

Who needs Punta Carna anyway....
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Currently on the East Coast train between Morpeth and Edinburgh, enjoying a bacon sandwich and admiring the view of the North Sea.  Who needs Punta Carna anyway....
    Posted by mattprawn
    Awesome  - one of the best railway journeys in the UK. (The other is the GWR between Dawlish & Dawlish Warren).
  • edited October 2015
    Well that was intense!!! Very well played all and commiserations to Matt and Kev. Pretty horrible exit hand to burst the holiday bubble; Adam had to shove and Kev had to call.  Adam and I are making our way to work very very bleary eyed after not very much sleep. Holidays to plan!!!  I'm also unsure whether to feel sorry for these guys. A whole week in the sun with me?!  Quick admin question to assist planning; I assume this isn't an invitation only tourney and I can just buy in when we get there?? I really want to play too?  Thanks Sky for running this. Can't wait. Now where does one buy a bikini in Nov?! 
    Posted by Bromley023
    Hi Natterley,

To the best of my knowledge, no, the Tourney is not "Invitation Only", anyone can buy in for cash I would assume.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Currently on the East Coast train between Morpeth and Edinburgh, enjoying a bacon sandwich and admiring the view of the North Sea.  Who needs Punta Carna anyway....
    Posted by mattprawn

Matty you know my feelings in last night. But very well played to you all. It was a very very good game to watch from start to finish. Every time someone went out my heart sank for them as it did for each and every one of you. It got worse as it got closer to the end. It's never over till it's over. Well played Bob who was the really short stack at the 2nd table who managed to get a pc package  seems it was Dec to your night last night. Nat I hope you had the bucket handy :)

I wish every single one of you and your guests if you choose to take anyone aa fantastic time. I really hope in thetournament that you can continue your golden run and run deep and bring home some cash. Very well played looking forward to the pics and the blogs that are sure to follow.

• edited October 2015
    Posted by mattprawn

Matty you know my feelings in last night. But very well played to you all. It was a very very good game to watch from start to finish. Every time someone went out my heart sank for them as it did for each and every one of you. It got worse as it got closer to the end. It's never over till it's over. Well played Bob who was the really short stack at the 2nd table who managed to get a pc package  seems it was Dec to your night last night. Nat I hope you had the bucket handy :)

I wish every single one of you and your guests if you choose to take anyone aa fantastic time. I really hope in thetournament that you can continue your golden run and run deep and bring home some cash. Very well played looking forward to the pics and the blogs that are sure to follow.

• edited October 2015
    Thanks Tikay. It was aweseome to watch the support for everyone on the rail, and as someone mentioned it was all in good spirits.

I was so elated after the final table I ended up not being able to sleep and went for a jog at 5am... Then watched the sunrise. After watching Arsenal win aswel it was a very sweet day. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Punta Cana!!
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks Tikay. It was aweseome to watch the support for everyone on the rail, and as someone mentioned it was all in good spirits. I was so elated after the final table I ended up not being able to sleep and went for a jog at 5am... Then watched the sunrise. After watching Arsenal win aswel it was a very sweet day. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Punta Cana!!

Posted by devil_tear

Your scary ;):p lol 

• edited October 2015

Excellent thread, really shows the community spirit at Sky Poker in a great light. Very best of luck to those that are off to the sun.

Great job from those that didn't quite make it in taking this as a minor bump in the long and winding road.
  • edited October 2015
    Hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee congrats to you all - was a great game to rail and watch - and a lesson in patience to be sure!!

Hope you all have fantastic time - and if anyone is nice enough (and sober enough to remember) please bring me back a seashell lol.
  • edited October 2015
    Hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee congrats to you all - was a great game to rail and watch - and a lesson in patience to be sure!! Hope you all have fantastic time - and if anyone is nice enough (and sober enough to remember) please bring me back a seashell lol.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Thx for all the support guys, and good luck to my fellow competitors out there. I look forward to have a beer or two with the Bronley's and Co.

I'll get you a seashell Rose. :=)

BTW, has anyone found out where we can get the cheapest flights?

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    Well done winners! Have a great time :)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Thx for all the support guys, and good luck to my fellow competitors out there. I look forward to have a beer or two with the Bronley's and Co. I'll get you a seashell Rose. :=) BTW, has anyone found out where we can get the cheapest flights? Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I've had a look at flights, and the cheapest option seems to be to fly out the day before, which also appears to be the only direct flight (that I can find).

There's also some very reasonable options arriving on the 3rd.

I'd suggest taking a look at Sky Scanner.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Thx for all the support guys, and good luck to my fellow competitors out there. I look forward to have a beer or two with the Bronley's and Co. I'll get you a seashell Rose. :=) BTW, has anyone found out where we can get the cheapest flights? Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    For anyone wanting to know about flights to and from Punta Cana I suggest that you send IrishRose a pm or if you've got her on facebook get her on there. She is the most savvy when it comes to sourcing flights etc. She was chatting with CxE last night advising him the best way to go about things. Oh and don't forget your visitors visa before you get to Punta Cana.
  • edited October 2015
    Congrats to all who made it. My first post on here. First a big thanks to skypoker for a wonderful set up. From the sats to the final it's a wonderful experience giving old and new players a genuine chance to win. I love the community nature and the good spirit on here as was shown again last night.
    I'm from Birmingham (please don't hold that against me)) and flights are not accommodating on these dates. Can anyone advise on getting an extra night for the 2nd nov as this seems to save a whole days worth of flight time.
    I'm thinking of taking my 10 year old daughter with me as they seem to have a very good schedule for kids club when im playing poker. Can anyone advise what the tournament schedule looks like.Its her birthday end of October. She heard me screaming for joy when getting through, woke up and gave me a huge hug and said im coming with you.

• edited October 2015
    Congrats to all who made it. My first post on here. First a big thanks to skypoker for a wonderful set up. From the sats to the final it's a wonderful experience giving old and new players a genuine chance to win. I love the community nature and the good spirit on here as was shown again last night. I'm from Birmingham (please don't hold that against me)) and flights are not accommodating on these dates. Can anyone advise on getting an extra night for the 2nd nov as this seems to save a whole days worth of flight time. I'm thinking of taking my 10 year old daughter with me as they seem to have a very good schedule for kids club when im playing poker. Can anyone advise what the tournament schedule looks like.Its her birthday end of October. She heard me screaming for joy when getting through, woke up and gave me a huge hug and said im coming with you.
    Posted by CxE1
    Ask Rose x
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks sky for this great promotion. As my brother said, (who im taking) its proberley the nicest place im ever going to go lol.
    Really unlucky for those who missed out.

heres a link for you cxe1
    http://www.puntacanapokerclassic.com/tournament/schedule/think it means we will start on day 1a 
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks sky for this great promotion. As my brother said, (who im taking) its proberley the nicest place im ever going to go lol. Really unlucky for those who missed out. heres a link for you cxe1 http://www.puntacanapokerclassic.com/tournament/schedule/ think it means we will start on day 1a  
    Posted by GGGGCCCC
    Oh my days. I had no idea the festival had so much going on!

Not even gonna bother packing an SPF!
  • edited October 2015
    As "Bubble Boy" I'd like to add my congratulations to the winners and wish them a fantastic trip to PC. Very exciting final, played in fantastic spirit.  Time after time a player would return to the chat box to wish the remaining players well.  Don't believe I saw a single gripe all night and some great railing from the usual suspects.  Well done guys, look forward to reading the blogs! Best Mattp
    Posted by mattprawn
    Great attitude Matt - would have been great to have you out there too after meeting you at UKPC.  Very unlucky mate.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Not sure about a bikini but Adam can get one of these and look very dapper on the beach http://www.clothestopose.co.uk/one-sided-thongs-34-c.asp
    Posted by cenachav
    Thanks for that - looking forward to what cookies are now on my computer after clicking on that link! 
  • edited October 2015
    A big thank you to everyone that railed last night...even those that tried to fist pump too early :)

No sleep all night and very distracted today - cannot wait to get out there and have some fun!
  • edited October 2015
    A big thank you to everyone that railed last night...even those that tried to fist pump too early :) No sleep all night and very distracted today - cannot wait to get out there and have some fun!
    Posted by bromley04
    Congrats Adam, glad you made it through, will be nice to see a friendly face out there, and you too Adam :=)

Just kidding, look forward to having a few beers with you and Natalie out there.

Not sure who I'm taking yet, probably my son Gary (Limp2Lose)

Do you know what airlines/airports do direct flights? Is the cost direct prohibitive? Any help with flights appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks ggggcccc for the info. Would have preferred 3 day tournament but if i get to day 4 then im hardly likely to complain.Looking forward to meeting you guys. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Congrats Adam, glad you made it through, will be nice to see a friendly face out there, and you too Adam :=) Just kidding, look forward to having a few beers with you and Natalie out there. Not sure who I'm taking yet, probably my son Gary (Limp2Lose) Do you know what airlines/airports do direct flights? Is the cost direct prohibitive? Any help with flights appreciated. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Cheers Graham, really glad you made it through as well.  Let's hope we all stay sober long enough to bring our 'A' game!  Be good to meet Gary too if he gets to be the plus 1.

PM or email me your number mate and we'll get in touch when we have had chance to get some info together on flights etc.  Looking like it's going to have to be a flight out on Monday 2 November to get the best deal and a direct flight though so we also need to sort out an extra night's stay at the resort...tough life eh!
  • edited October 2015
    Congratulations to all that won a PC package, it was tough going! Great community here on sky poker a refreshing change to other poker sites. 

Looking forward to some cold beers in the sun with maybe a little poker thrown in for good measure.

GL everyone who made it and WP UL to those who didn't quite make it.