You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine

13»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine:
    Yes I am in the Hard rock Hotel as well, and I am sorry ladies my wife has aleardy taken up the option to come with me and stay in a luxury hotel in the carribean, I can't understand why.
    Posted by Sir-Gary

Aww Sir Gary - sure I was just digging out my passport just in case lol.

Hope you have a fantastic time - and run well in the tourney.  I'm also sure you will be welcomed with open arms by the other Sky Players (even if they will all be after your chips lol).

Good luck all qualifiers - hope you have fantastic time xx  (and don't forget my seashells please lol)
  • edited October 2015
    Hi all,

We've just had confirmation from our finance team that we can now release the payment for the booking of flights. I'll allocate the funds onto accounts by the end of the working day.

Apologies for the delay,

Thanks,

Mark
  • edited October 2015
    I've recieved mine and all booked. I'm flying on the 3rd from London Heathrow at 6.30am. Me and my ( lucky ) mate Dave will be having a standard pre flight beer if anyones around. Otherwise see you all in Punta blimmin Cana baby yes!
  • edited October 2015
    I've recieved mine and all booked. I'm flying on the 3rd from London Heathrow at 6.30am. Me and my ( lucky ) mate Dave will be having a standard pre flight beer if anyones around. Otherwise see you all in Punta blimmin Cana baby yes!
    Posted by devil_tear
    Lol, will see you there mate! Introduce yourself if you happen to recognise me.

Will be travelling out on 2nd from Manchester (with my Aunt), not sure what we are doing for the first night yet.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    Hi All, I have received an email from Gaby Murillo who is a LPS representative and the person skypoker asks to get a price for the extra night in Punta Cana. The cost for extra night is $317. This is about £211 which is the same price the hotel quoted me directy(I quoted price incorrectly in earlier post).If anyone has a good cheaper alternative please advise. vinny
  • edited October 2015
    I didn't want to go to the Caribbean anyway JP, you have a good time.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi, does anyone know what hotels are close to the Hard Rock?

Looking for a cheaper option for the night of 2nd Nov.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    Hi, does anyone know what hotels are close to the Hard Rock? Looking for a cheaper option for the night of 2nd Nov. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi, Link for trivago website. Tells you distance from hard rock. Barceló hotel is next door for around £100 and also all inclusive. Other cheaper options nearby.

http://www.trivago.co.uk/?iPathId=93562&iGeoDistanceItem=940414&aDateRange%5Barr%5D=2015-11-02&aDateRange%5Bdep%5D=2015-11-03&iRoomType=7&tgs=94041402&iViewType=0&isRetina=false&bIsSeoPage=false&bIsSitemap=false&
  • edited October 2015
    Yes I am in the Hard rock Hotel as well, and I am sorry ladies my wife has aleardy taken up the option to come with me and stay in a luxury hotel in the carribean, I can't understand why.
    Posted by Sir-Gary

well done on getting there gary.  i won't miss the magicians show too much.  hello to margaret.  tid.

rob

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : well done on getting there gary.  i won't miss the magicians show too much.  hello to margaret.  tid. rob
    Posted by aussie09

That show will surely not be on again, but at least I am for warned this time :-). Margaret says hi.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi, does anyone know what hotels are close to the Hard Rock? Looking for a cheaper option for the night of 2nd Nov. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Looks like we are on the same plane Graham. Last year I stayed at a cheaper hotel for a few extra days, but there is a problem with staying somewhere else, the transfers are run by the Hard rock hotel so you will have to arrange transfers yourself to your other hotel. It is not difficult and not that dear, and even if next door you will need a taxi to the Hard rock hotel, the driveway in is quite long.
  • edited October 2015
    N1 Gary.

For those traveling out with Sky Poker on 2nd November instead of 3rd. I received an email from Gaby (Latin Poker Series Rep) stating that there is the option to amend the booking from 2nd Nov until 8th Nov, instead of 3rd till 9th.

This will mean rather than having to find somewhere for the first night, it will be the last night that will remain "open".

You will be able to either extend there for one night or find somewhere else for the night of 9th.

This is what I'm going to do, as I think it will be easier to book the extra night once we are out there.

Just thought I'd let you know about this option.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    Hi everyone, 

With regards to currency I've read that most places take US Dollars. But it also says to have Dominican peso on you. Any tips from anyone thats been before.

Thanks,

Tim
  • edited October 2015
    Hi everyone,  With regards to currency I've read that most places take US Dollars. But it also says to have Dominican peso on you. Any tips from anyone thats been before. Thanks, Tim
    Posted by devil_tear

Hi Tim

US Dollars is all you need.  Didn't have any other last year.  The error I made was taking far too much cash as I brought nearly all back. You don't need to spend much at all as the package is so good. Ignore the credits as it's a nonsense really.

Well done. Have a great time.

Rob

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Hi Tim US Dollars is all you need.  Didn't have any other last year.  The error I made was taking far too much cash as I brought nearly all back. You don't need to spend much at all as the package is so good. Ignore the credits as it's a nonsense really. Well done. Have a great time. Rob
    Posted by aussie09

Thanks for this Rob.
  • edited October 2015
    I only took US dollars as well, I also brought most of it back, and the resort credits are a bit of a joke.
    As an example on the resort credits so it does not come as a shock. Take something that is $20-00 anywhere else is about $100-00 in the resort shop. If you buy it with your resort credits you have to pay a handling fee of 20% in real money not credits, and therefore you still pay $20-00. I assume they do this for A) promotion as it looks good in advertising to say we are giving you $1,500 credits, and B) you are more likely to buy from their shop to try and use your credits.
    I shall see you there.
  • edited November 2015
    I still haven't received my confirmation email or £££s. Is this the same for everyone else? Cheers
    Posted by munchkin00

Hey Lloyd 

Long shot you read this or get email from this message but I didn't know any other way to try and contact you 

Would you mind letting me know what room you are staying in so I can talk to you in person for 5 minutes thanks 

Craig

• edited November 2015
    I still haven't received my confirmation email or £££s. Is this the same for everyone else? Cheers
    Posted by munchkin00

Hey Lloyd 

Long shot you read this or get email from this message but I didn't know any other way to try and contact you 

Would you mind letting me know what room you are staying in so I can talk to you in person for 5 minutes thanks 

Craig