You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine:
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Cheers Graham, really glad you made it through as well.  Let's hope we all stay sober long enough to bring our 'A' game!  Be good to meet Gary too if he gets to be the plus 1. PM or email me your number mate and we'll get in touch when we have had chance to get some info together on flights etc.  Looking like it's going to have to be a flight out on Monday 2 November to get the best deal and a direct flight though so we also need to sort out an extra night's stay at the resort...tough life eh!
    Posted by bromley04
    Nice one, email sent mate!
  • edited October 2015
    I still haven't received my confirmation email or £££s. Is this the same for everyone else?

Cheers
  • edited October 2015
    I still haven't received my confirmation email or £££s. Is this the same for everyone else? Cheers
    Posted by munchkin00
    Same here. Really need a few answers to book flights. Probably need to book an extra day.    
    Vinny
  • edited October 2015
    congrats to you all ,hope you all run golden ,gl to  you all
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Same here. Really need a few answers to book flights. Probably need to book an extra day.     Vinny
    Posted by CxE1
    Yeah I'm going to book an extra night as well. 

It would be nice to have the itenary and some one to contact regarding planning of trip. Hopefully we should receive an email tomorrow as it's unlikely to arrive tonight.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi, I know we can't play on Sky while out in Punta Cana. Unfortunately as it's the first week of UKOPS.

Although it would probably be a bit sad anyway, grinding away in the hotel room, if you pardon the expression.

However, can we log in to post on the forum and/or rail other players?

Cheers,

Graham

P.S. Really looking forward to Punta Cana, first time in the Caribbean, and first Poker Tournament outside of the UK, Ireland and Vegas.

• edited October 2015
    Congratulations to all that won a PC package, it was tough going! Great community here on sky poker a refreshing change to other poker sites.  Looking forward to some cold beers in the sun with maybe a little poker thrown in for good measure. GL everyone who made it and WP UL to those who didn't quite make it.
    Posted by munchkin00
    Well played. I'm sure I will see you out there and we'll have a few beers!

All the best,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    Hi, I know we can't play on Sky while out in Punta Cana. Unfortunately as it's the first week of UKOPS. Although it would probably be a bit sad anyway, grinding away in the hotel room, if you pardon the expression. However, can we log in to post on the forum and/or rail other players? Cheers, Graham P.S. Really looking forward to Punta Cana, first time in the Caribbean, and first Poker Tournament outside of the UK, Ireland and Vegas.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

I've no idea, but I have always been able to Forum post on here when I am in Las Vegas, & I'm 99% sure it will be the same from Punta Cana.

• edited October 2015
    Hi all and congrats to all the winners. Last year I won a package and I went earlier and came back later booking another hotel. I did this to suit he cheapest and most convenient flights I could get. This is really quite easy to do, and in my case worked out cheaper than taking flights on the correct days. The only problem will be the transfers if you do this, as they will only take you to the Hard Rock Hotel, but even these are easy to arrange. Advice :- Get your visa before you go, yes you can post on the forum, no you cannot/must not play poker on SKY, you cannot fail to enjoy it, and finding a shell is not easy.
  • edited October 2015
    Any update on when we might be contacted?  We're off to Berlin on Friday morning (thin I know) and could do with speaking to someone before then.

Cheers
  • edited October 2015
    Hi, following on from Adam's post.

The £1,400 credit has not been applied to my account as yet, and I haven't been contacted regarding hotel details etc.

If the relevant parties could please be given a little nudge it would be much appreciated. If I remember correctly, this was due within 72 hours of the completion of the tournament, which has now passed.

Many thanks,

Graham
  • edited October 2015

Hi Adam, Graham.

It's not been forgotten, there's quite an admin rigmarole to go through, but you will be contacted imminently.

Once you have been contacted, you will need to reply, & when you have done so, they will then transfer the Flights/spending money element of the package to your Accounts.   
  • edited October 2015
    I received a call this morning to confirm email details. You need to sign a release form which says when you trash the hotel you pay for it.lol.It's a legal thing. Of course the competition says you will be contacted within 48hrs. Since that did not happen its a breach of contract. My point is does it take over 2 days to email a standard form. It's very poor customer service. I phoned sky the following day for dates of stay and tournament schedule. Dates for stay as 2 different dates onpromo pages as pointed out by community member. The only class act has been tikay/community for showing up on final tables and congrats and commiserations the following day. A good story turns into one of frustration and ange
  • edited October 2015
    Good Luck to everyone going to PC and hope you all have the most amazing time.

Nannypat66
  • edited October 2015
    Have an email from third party. Stay 3 to 9 November. Party on 3 november 7-10pm.Need to register on 3 November between 5 to 6 pm. Anyone flying out on 3rd will be lucky to get there on 3rd unless its a direct flight. Cheapest option for me is thomas cook from manchester direct flight on the 2 to 9 November.
  • edited October 2015
    Have an email from third party. Stay 3 to 9 November. Party on 3 november 7-10pm.Need to register on 3 November between 5 to 6 pm. Anyone flying out on 3rd will be lucky to get there on 3rd unless its a direct flight. Cheapest option for me is thomas cook from manchester direct flight on the 2 to 9 November.
    Posted by CxE1
    Hi CxE1,

My understanding is that it's not quite like that, & maybe it is in the wording.

The get-together on the 3rd November is more of an informal thing, to say "hi" to everyone, answer any questions, deal with any problems you have encountered, & have a few drinks. "Registration" does not HAVE to be then, but the idea was to get everyone settled in & organised as soon as possible.

There are two social evenings provisionally planned (details may change)  - dinner on the Wednesday (4th) & Saturday (7th).

Apologies for any confusion.

• edited October 2015

Just to follow up on that, in the "news just in" department.

As I understand it (careful now), & as I mentioned earlier today, for various reasons there is a good deal of administrative rigmarole attached to Packages such as this. 

ALL the package winners should have had an e-Mail from The Business today.

Once that's returned, then you should get another e-Mail from the Third Party Partner, & in that will be all the finalised details of what will happen, where & when.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Alternatively, of course, I could keep digging myself into this hole......   
  • edited October 2015
    Just to follow up on that, in the "news just in" department. As I understand it (careful now), & as I mentioned earlier today, for various reasons there is a good deal of administrative rigmarole attached to Packages such as this.  ALL the package winners should have had an e-Mail from The Business today.   Once that's returned, then you should get another e-Mail from the Third Party Partner, & in that will be all the finalised details of what will happen, where & when. Hope that makes a bit more sense. Alternatively, of course, I could keep digging myself into this hole......    
    Posted by Tikay10
    The hole could be getting deeper! I have still not received a confimation email. I think it stated that we would be contacted within 48 hours. I have contacted sky on a few occasions now trying to get some information with no luck.

Would be nice just to have the relevant information so I can plan my trip. 

Come on sky pull your finger out!
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : The hole could be getting deeper! I have still not received a confimation email. I think it stated that we would be contacted within 48 hours. I have contacted sky on a few occasions now trying to get some information with no luck. Would be nice just to have the relevant information so I can plan my trip.  Come on sky pull your finger out!
    Posted by munchkin00
    Hi munchkin.

I am assured that ALL 9 winners from Sunday's final have been sent an e-mail today.

Are you marked as non contactable, have you checked your spam box, are you now using a different e-addy?

Let us know please, as I know the e-mails were sent today, and several recipients have already replied, I'm told.
  • edited October 2015
    Just to follow up on that, in the "news just in" department. As I understand it (careful now), & as I mentioned earlier today, for various reasons there is a good deal of administrative rigmarole attached to Packages such as this.  ALL the package winners should have had an e-Mail from The Business today.   Once that's returned, then you should get another e-Mail from the Third Party Partner, & in that will be all the finalised details of what will happen, where & when. Hope that makes a bit more sense. Alternatively, of course, I could keep digging myself into this hole......    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for chasing this TK. I have now received the release form and have duly signed it and sent back a scanned copy. So, hopefully I will receive further details and the £1,400 soon.

I appreciate your help pushing this.

Like many people I have booked a direct flight from Manchester at 9.45am on 2nd November, coming back on the 9th.

So I do need to work out what to do on the night of the 2nd (ie. stay an additional day at the resort or stay somewhere else for the first night)

If anyone has found a good option/deal for the night of 2nd, please let me know.

I wish all my fellow competitors all the best and look forward to meeting up out there, or perhaps even at the airport :=)

Good luck, cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Hi munchkin. I am assured that ALL 9 winners from Sunday's final have been sent an e-mail today. Are you marked as non contactable, have you checked your spam box, are you now using a different e-addy? Let us know please, as I know the e-mails were sent today, and several recipients have already replied, I'm told.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay,

Thanks for the quick response. I did receive an email today but the winner release form was not attached, I have since contacted Sky by phone and a new email with the attachment has been sent. I was informed that I did not need to sign it only fill it in via Word and send it back.

I have another possibly silly question. Is the £1400 pound solely for flight costs etc or does it have to be used for the tournament buy in as well?

DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: Prize Package for two including an all-inclusive six night hotel stay in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and prize money towards travel costs and poker tournament buy-in. (the Prize)

It's not all that clear to me.

Thanks

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Hi Tikay, Thanks for the quick response. I did receive an email today but the winner release form was not attached, I have since contacted Sky by phone and a new email with the attachment has been sent. I was informed that I did not need to sign it only fill it in via Word and send it back. I have another possibly silly question. Is the £1400 pound solely for flight costs etc or does it have to be used for the tournament buy in as well? DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: Prize Package for two including an all-inclusive six night hotel stay in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and prize money towards travel costs and poker tournament buy-in. (the Prize) It's not all that clear to me. Thanks
    Posted by munchkin00

Hi munchkin,

The £1,400 is for flights and spending money. You will be paid into the poker event automatically, that is part of the prize package. I do agree that maybe it could have been worded more clearly. 

Any other auestions, fire away.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Thanks for chasing this TK. I have now received the release form and have duly signed it and sent back a scanned copy. So, hopefully I will receive further details and the £1,400 soon. I appreciate your help pushing this. Like many people I have booked a direct flight from Manchester at 9.45am on 2nd November, coming back on the 9th. So I do need to work out what to do on the night of the 2nd (ie. stay an additional day at the resort or stay somewhere else for the first night) If anyone has found a good option/deal for the night of 2nd, please let me know. I wish all my fellow competitors all the best and look forward to meeting up out there, or perhaps even at the airport :=) Good luck, cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

I have asked Andy from livingitlovingit for price for extra night. He has passed this request onto someone else. I'll let you know when i get a price. I contacted hard rock poker room direct who quoted $334 for 1 night. Look forward to meeting everyone.    vinny
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Hi Graham, I have asked Andy from livingitlovingit for price for extra night. He has passed this request onto someone else. I'll let you know when i get a price. I contacted hard rock poker room direct who quoted $334 for 1 night. Look forward to meeting everyone.    vinny
    Posted by CxE1
    Cheers, thx for the update Vinny. See you there!
  • edited October 2015
    Unless something goes wrong it would appear I will be attending the Punta Cana event again, I would be happy to meet some of the Sky community if at all possible, perhaps nearer the date we could arrange something? I still think Sky is one of the best community sites, but when the dates did not coincide this year with what is convenient for me combined with bad luck (normal in poker), I found a promotion elsewhere that was suitable and have just won it. The sky package was far superior but much more expensive, it cost me just over £2 last year on sky to get there for me and the wife. This year it has cost me nothing but it is only for 1 person so I will have to add £300 to take my wife, or for that matter any other women who fancies explaining to my wife why she should not go :-) Hope to meet some of the successful Sky people there

• edited October 2015
    Unless something goes wrong it would appear I will be attending the Punta Cana event again, I would be happy to meet some of the Sky community if at all possible, perhaps nearer the date we could arrange something? I still think Sky is one of the best community sites, but when the dates did not coincide this year with what is convenient for me combined with bad luck (normal in poker), I found a promotion elsewhere that was suitable and have just won it. The sky package was far superior but much more expensive, it cost me just over £2 last year on sky to get there for me and the wife. This year it has cost me nothing but it is only for 1 person so I will have to add £300 to take my wife, or for that matter any other women who fancies explaining to my wife why she should not go :-) Hope to meet some of the successful Sky people there
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Hi Gary, we've met a couple of times at DTD I believe. So I will look out for you in Punta Cana. Congrats on getting there again! Enjoy and GL!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited October 2015
    I believe Neil1970 is my opponent. Not too sure what my responsibilities are as the 'away' player. I'm on sky a lot so Neil search my name whenever you fancy a game and chat to me at the table so we can sort it out. I will be on tomorrow from 10am-4pm if that works for you or sunday.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Not sure why this is on the Punta Cana thread Danny, but GL! :=)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the Sky Poker November Nine : Not sure why this is on the Punta Cana thread Danny, but GL! :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Because my £1 heads up match is more important then this Punta Cana business.
    I had the thread open in another tab and must have clicked on the the wrong page when writing my comment, in my defence It was 12.30 A.M and i was pretty tired.

GL and congratulations to everyone going to Punta Cana
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Congrats on winning a package regardless Gary.

If you're in the same hotel, you'd be more than welcome to come along to the Sky social events planned.
  • edited October 2015
    Yes I am in the Hard rock Hotel as well, and I am sorry ladies my wife has aleardy taken up the option to come with me and stay in a luxury hotel in the carribean, I can't understand why.