You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS and beyond

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

Our 15 day UKOPS festival is over and what a festival it was. We ran in excess of 100 UKOPS events and guaranteed over £500,000. There was some inevitable overlay in the Super UKOPS events but it was good to see 2000+ runner tournaments runnng on the site.

On the back of UKOPS we are looking at revamping the Tournament schedule on the site. Not just for the nightly main event but for the other tournaments in the schedule. I have ideas about what we can do but I wanted to open it to the guys that are going to play it. 

Is there a tournament during UKOPS you particularly liked?
What kind of buy in do you think is right?
Is there a spot for a decent guaranteed Omaha tournament?
Are turbos more appealing than deepstacks?
What satellites worked for you?

As I say I am working on some of my own ideas and of course we have a wealth of stats to help make decisions but please let us know what you thought and what you want to see. I won't pretend there is going to be a £25k guaranteed event with an £11 buy in every week, there isn't. But lets discuss some ideas here.

Thanks
Sam

Comments

• edited November 2015
    In Response to UKOPS and beyond:
    Hi All, Our 15 day UKOPS festival is over and what a festival it was. We ran in excess of 100 UKOPS events and guaranteed over £500,000. There was some inevitable overlay in the Super UKOPS events but it was good to see 2000+ runner tournaments runnng on the site. On the back of UKOPS we are looking at revamping the Tournament schedule on the site. Not just for the nightly main event but for the other tournaments in the schedule. I have ideas about what we can do but I wanted to open it to the guys that are going to play it.  Is there a tournament during UKOPS you particularly liked? What kind of buy in do you think is right? Is there a spot for a decent guaranteed Omaha tournament? Are turbos more appealing than deepstacks? What satellites worked for you? As I say I am working on some of my own ideas and of course we have a wealth of stats to help make decisions but please let us know what you thought and what you want to see. I won't pretend there is going to be a £25k guaranteed event with an £11 buy in every week, there isn't. But lets discuss some ideas here. Thanks Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Hi Sam,

Heads up MTTs would be great

Running more turbos alongside deepstacks etc would be great for players like me who like high volume but cant neccesarily afford to play until 2am on a regular basis because of my day job.

Would love to see the addition of 45 man sngs at all speeds - I think 180 men could be impossible to fill at this moment in time.

Should be a Omaha tournament every sunday.

As much variety as possible would be brilliant.

I am a massive fan of this site and never speak bad of it to anybody I meet but the lack of variety can become frustrating at times as can waiting 40 mins for an opponenet at £21 level sngs but I understand that is out of your control.

Did not have time for UKOPS this year but from an outsider looking in it seemed like a huge success and online players doubled / tripled usual numbers - hopefully some new accounts and new recs / regs to join the site.

Goodwork
  • edited November 2015
    I enjoyed the Omaha tournaments, if you are going to have bigger Omaha events then i would suggest maybe 1 omaha night each month with maybe 5-10 decent size events across most buyin levels. Mtt players probably dont want to multi-table holdem and Omaha, and without the regs playing the numbers will just be too low so i think thats one of the only ways it will work. Personally I prefer deepstacks to turbos but only if they are starting before 9pm, and any events after 10pm should be turbo. 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to UKOPS and beyond:
     Is there a tournament during UKOPS you particularly liked? What kind of buy in do you think is right? Is there a spot for a decent guaranteed Omaha tournament? Are turbos more appealing than deepstacks? What satellites worked for you?

I particularly liked the £22 speeds at 9.
    I would like to see a monthly higher stakes tourny with lots of qualifiers.
    Need mix of turbos/deepstacks, but perhaps not enough turbos at present-and the Tues Main should be a £22 or £33
    At the risk of upsetting the Ploppers, forget high stakes Omaha.
    The best sats are the 3/6 pm semis-the 7 15 could start earlier

Hope that helps

• edited November 2015
    hi,

I particularly liked the free seats addition to the freeroll program (for people that play daily), and also the many sats to the larger events. I don't understand the daily £1k freeroll, ok £100 up top is nice, buts whats with the pence payouts?

The best sats are the ones where you guarantee more seats which attract more players, a schedule advertising them would be useful, as finding them / making time for them can be tricky.

IMO, the prize pools for Omaha related games are too top heavy, since these games have a lot of variance.

Presumably, with the holdem games very well catered for (and have deffo wetted my appetite to play larger buyin holdem Ts), the question is: is it worth it to add a weekly / monthly PLO or PL08 event?

there are players who want to play these, but you have to stick you neck out alittle to see if it will work.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi, the nightly 10pm 2.5k - 4k £55 turbo bh seemed very popular.. don't think it overlayed at all? Anyways i'd certainly love to see that stick around :)!
  • edited November 2015
    i'm with jordz on the omaha day.

how about having 1 omaha main and mini event per month and on that same day replace of few of the other most popular MTTs with a couple more PLo and PL08s. it can be called the omaha day.

The only part of omaha i'd not recommend is PL08 bounty hunters because of frequent split pots .
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    I think you should do a 40k gte once a month with plenty of marketing/Sats to keep the numbers in the 500's, also would love to see a high roller every quarter with plenty of Sats running the 12 weeks leading up to it (the addition of £100+ sat on a Sunday would certainly beef the schedule up a bit). Would be great if you added a few of the more successful UKOPS tournaments to the Sunday schedule like £22 9pm 4kbh and the £11 double chance (whilst returning the £55 9pm bh that wasn't a turbo!) 
  • edited November 2015
    Before I was retired, I would sometimes not play in some tournaments as the finishing times would be the early hours of the morning and I had to get up for work. Perhaps we should be looking to have more of the bigger tournaments finishing at or before 12-00. I realise that would probably mean making the structure / blinds faster.
  • edited November 2015
    I would personally also love a 40k Gtd once a month but appreciate it would take a lot of sats for this to work. 

I also used to like the 55 turbo BH that I think used to run at 9pm on a tuesday - there was at least one of these during ukops although I missed it. 
  • edited November 2015
    I think the current schedule is too overloaded with bounty hunters, so would like to see some replaced just to add more variety in general. In the 5 highlighted tournaments at the top of the lobby currently there is 4 bounty hunters and one UKPC sat! 
  • edited November 2015
    A monthly 40k garentee is a nice shout, could have benefits of boosting the other 3 weeks of the Roller.

I do think this needs more of a push/promotion and have Sats run daily. 

Rebuy BH's would be very popular, if possible. Also a few more freezeouts and MTTs at the £10 price range.

How about random seats to ME and/or ME sats for certain milestone hands? Pick a hand number and the winner of that hand gets the prize. Trying to think of ways that will boost traffic as I assume thats what it is all about. Another idea; pick for example five MTTs a night and the FT participants get put in a draw and the winner wins a ME seat?
  • edited November 2015
    Instead of addressing things like Omaha MTTs, HU MTTs and a revamp to an already serviceable tourney schedule, elements I consider a luxury (don't get me wrong, I would love all players to be catered for as and when these elements are viable additions and have the traffic to work), may we have a civil yet frank discussion on matters I consider to be much more important.

The sort of overlay given out through both design and mistakes was absurd and cannot be anything other than damaging to the site's economy and long term to the players, as both are interwoven.

You said the overlay was 'inevitable' for the Super Bounty Hunters.  So this was planned then?  Because I asked this when they were announced, if it was some sort of shadow promotion and I never received a conclusive answer as I recall.  Now obviously I will never and should never see the data of the benefits from this, maybe those free tenner entries will result in hundreds of new loyal customers.  But when people are freely talking on the tables about opening a second account for the free entry, I have my doubts.  In my opinion, planned overlay is never anything but harmful for a site long term, and the players may think 'lovely, free value' but we all eventually foot the bill, from the absence of promotions which could have happened to rake back changes to many other things.

Moving to another matter, nothing puts off new and existing players like mistakes and technical problems.  It was flagged when the Super BHers were announced from long term regular players that they had doubts about the software/servers being able to handle those sorts of numbers.  These concerns were waved off.  The night of the first Super, the vast majority of players experienced huge lag.  Now this was fixed for the remaining ones and we were grateful, but it seems every time a new element is brought in the attitude is 'run it live, then see what doesn't work then fix it.'  Nothing turns off players more than this, you only get to make a first impression once after all.  And on a night with a planned overlay MTT whose sole benefit by design from what I see is to attract new players, first impressions matter.

Some of the mistakes were boggling in my opinion.  No site should just give away two thousand pounds by an input error.  But that happened.  There shouldn't be satellites which are set up to have the seats start from 10th, but that happened and while Sky did the very correct thing in refunding everyone, it's all reactionary instead of proactionary or getting it right first time.  Yes people make mistakes but the amount made here to me are just unacceptable.  The lobbies and service messages are littered with spelling mistakes, old messages and the like.  It makes the site look utterly bush league, and since a major benefit of festivals like UKOPS is to attract new players, these things matter.  The online poker market is pretty busy, it's tough enough if you are completely on your game, making mistakes which are so avoidable is needlessly wounding your own chances.

On the plus side I finally saw the new SkyPoker advert a couple of days ago.  I mean, I thought it was part of the preceeding SkyVegas one for a good time before I saw the snake but at least I finally saw it.  I still think this should be appearing on other formats rather than television.  SkyPoker marketing and marketing for UKOPS should be promoted on Twitter, Facebook, appear in YouTube and Twitch adverts, all the places someone goes to when they have hours of spare time and are already in front of a computer.  But that's just me.

Well to finish on a high note, a lot of the festival worked really well with a lot to build on in the future.  And please please please for the countless time, whoever sets up MTT lobbies and games, double check your work.  Then double check it again.  So much can be avoided.
  • edited November 2015
    without antes any revamping is gimmicky, the BH's are very good at compensating for a lack of antes which is why there is alot of them they also the most popular.

I personally like the nightly main schedule but agree with what phillip said maybe make the Tuesday main a higher BI, i enjoy playing PLO both small stakes cash and mtt but contrary to what some people think PLO is never going to get too poplurer no matter how much a site promotes it  NL just works so much better but would like to see a once as mouth PLO main.

• edited November 2015
    At about 21:15 I put the filters on to only look for Turbo tournaments that are either in late reg or registering. The non-sats are the £100 Freezeout (£1.10 buy-in), £250 gtd speed (£2.20 buy-in), £200 gtd (£5.50 buy-in), Sky Head Hunter (£5.50 buy-in) and the £1500 Speed B/H (£55 Buy-in). It would seem to me that there is room for a turbo (bounty hunter or freezeout) mid-stakes MTT at either £11 or £22 as it is a big gap between £5.50 and £55.

There is a £11 Turbo that runs on a Tuesday at around 10pm and seems to do well, not sure why something similar can't be done most nights.

Nice rant TommyD! Must admit, there are lots of spelling (and other) mistakes in the lobbies which should easily be able to be corrected / cut-out.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond:
    Before I was retired, I would sometimes not play in some tournaments as the finishing times would be the early hours of the morning and I had to get up for work. Perhaps we should be looking to have more of the bigger tournaments finishing at or before 12-00. I realise that would probably mean making the structure / blinds faster.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    This would make a big difference to me.  I dislike the trend over the years to longer and longer tournaments.  The most important players for poker sites are those that have something to do in the morning. 

The decision to include main event seats in the prize fund of some of the events is also off putting.  Just because I can play on Tuesday doesn't mean I can also play on Sunday or want to play on that day and no value was added to the games.  That decision meant I missed two £100 games.

Cheers

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : This would make a big difference to me.  I dislike the trend over the years to longer and longer tournaments.  The most important players for poker sites are those that have something to do in the morning.  The decision to include main event seats in the prize fund of some of the events is also off putting.  Just because I can play on Tuesday doesn't mean I can also play on Sunday or want to play on that day and no value was added to the games.  That decision meant I missed two £100 games. Cheers
    Posted by Doooobs

I like what this person is saying, I dont look at tournie that will go beyond midnignt.

• edited November 2015
    Tuesdays needs a serious looking at imo - every other site has high roller on a tues, sky has an £11 turbo main and nothing else other than the std schedule. I would either have a normal main + high roller, or something in the middle as a main. £110 bh main, or £33bh main and a £215bh high roller or something.

I'd also like to see a turbo main at 10pm - we saw during UKOPS that a decent turbo around this time will fill. you could move the £55 speed to 11pm since it doesnt get many runners it doesnt last too long, and could even make it a hyper.

There does also seem to be a market for a daily PLO comp too. I definately wouldnt have it as a main event though, its just too much of a letdown on that day for most other players who dont play PLO. I played the £55 ukops PLO, which i think met its guarantee, but there is nothing like this during normal schedules. something £11 to £55 daily, maybe 8:15pm or something.

Monthly super high roller with sats running throughout, like the £530 UKOPS comp.

Tommy's rant is spot on ofc. There were a tonne of mistakes and I dont recall seeing a single advert for UKOPS on any of the poker websites I read... whereas Party's Pokerfest running at the same time was EVERYWHERE.

With the recent comments about the main's going on too long, my feeling is that alot of people that work full time are happy to stay up a little later than usual if they have a deep run. Lets be honest, most of us have bust well before midnight on the vast majority of days and the tournament is finished by about 2am. When I worked, I had the same problem, but never felt too tired  at work after winning a decent chunk of money the night before.

**edit
    Just wanted to add, i thought the vast majority of this UKOPS was good. Loved that it was longer than the traditional long weekend and thought there was a pretty decent mix of tournaments. 
  • edited November 2015
    Tuesdays needs a serious looking at imo - every other site has high roller on a tues, sky has an £11 turbo main and nothing else other than the std schedule. 
    Posted by chicknMelt

+1 this main needs to be changed to something like a £55 bounty hunter. Im not saying get rid of the £11 turbo infact i think it should run every night but not as a main.  If you put the £11 turbo on about 9.15  this would work well.

• edited November 2015
    Dear Sky Sam.

Just a general comment. It is absolutely great that you open these threads to find out peoples opinions, however it's also likely to get a plethora of opposing opinions, making things difficult for you to decide which way to go. As unfortunately it's difficult to please all the people all the time.

How about a list of simply put questions, ideally with yes/no answers and/or a sliding number scale and use a voting mechanism. The advantage of this is that you would get a balanced opinion and more people would participate if it was a short set of simple questions.

For Example:

Should the Tuesday Turbo be replaced by a longer structured higher stakes tournament?
    Should we have a high buy in/initially low guarantee Omaha and Omaha Hi/Low tournament in the schedule?
    Should the Main/Mini promo be replaced my a monthly Tournament Leader Board promo?

That sort of thing. Then you can see real numbers, assuming you have a voting mechanism that allows people to only vote once.

Just a suggestion, thanks for involving us with these things.

Cheers,

Graham

• edited November 2015
    Would like to see rebuys in your daily schedule, reg speed and few turbo ones to end the evening.These always create nice prizepools

Did think the £55 rebuy events were a bit too pricey

Will there ever be antes in ur games?

Monthly event sounds like a good idea but i wouldnt make it the same gtd/buyin as the ukops main as ukops main shud stay unique

• ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Although I rarely play it doesn't the Tues main get a lot of runners? If so why should it get changed (apologies if I'm wrong). That being said I would probably play if Tuesday had another tournament running with a slightly bigger buy in. Think there is room in the schedule for some sort of midi tournament every night as well. FWIW a few people have mentioned antes and I realise that's not why the thread was started and it's an age old disussion but I'm quite happy without antes. 

Echo what Graham has said about asking for feedback. Great that you guys are so close to the customer base. Also putting on a PLO comp without a gte would be a start to see how much support it got. 

Finally I know that the £11 £25k were just for UKOPS but having a low buy in higher GTE on a Sunday may attract more people on the main poker playing day of the week, just market the danglers out of it. 

Daily
    Micro rebuy £1.10-£3.30
    Mini double chance £5.5-£11
    Main Bounty Hunter £22-£55
    Maxi Freezout £110-£220

Some sort of monthly league (sure Aussie would help) Top 100 players based on number of Daily's played get entry to a special tournament of some sort. 

• edited November 2015
    I am almost convinced that earlier start times on the main MTTs would lead to greater numbers (although admitedly I have nothing to back it up)

As it stands I play turbo Tuesday midweek and that is it. I would assume 98% of players on here work and the thought of playing until 1.30am / 2am to bubble a final table does not fill me with much desire to play.

The beauty of making the mtts more accesible would be that players like myself would be adding much more volume alongside the mtts they play - Example: My average HUSNG / cash session lasts around an hour followed by a break and then whatever I could stomach after, If I was playing the nightly MTT I would be playing husngs / cash for the vast duration of the mtts (At least until they got down to 3 tables)

Dont know how this would work but moving them to a 6.30 / 7 start with late reg (I believe) would suit the majority.

Sorry if this is poorly typed up I shouldnt really be doing this at work :)
  • edited November 2015
    '"Only thing would be to watch out for "supposedly new players" or old players making up new aliases to abuse the set up"

We've planned for this. There are systems that we can use to monitor this kind of activity. My background is in fraud prevention, I'll be making sure that any new poker registrations in October are fully verified etc. and have no links to other accounts.

Could Dan confirm as whether this has happened?

Queries were raised about existing schedules vs UKOPS. It appears like no one went through the schedules each day and looked at what tournaments people would play on a normal day vs what they would play during UKOPS. This meant some days (including Sundays) spend/number of tournaments played was less than normal. This means a number of us played more tournaments on other sites.

I question how well UKOPS was marketed when the High Roller/ UKOPS main appeared to attract less of the big names of
    UK poker than normal. These tournaments are meant to be the flagship ones of a UK site yet I saw a well known UK reg on another forum ask when is the High Roller nearly a week after it had taken place.

As Tommy mentioned, there were mistakes made and massive overlay. Surely it makes more sense to have appropriate resource so mistakes aren't made and this can be funded by lower guarantees (and therefore lower or ideally no overlays).

From the outside it appeared like the key was generating new accounts and a eye catching overall guarantee. The service offered appeared to be very much secondary to all of this.

I do think there was many good things to come out of UKOPS, a good mix of tournaments, some great success stories from players and as always some good banter at the tables.

• edited November 2015

^^^^

Matt - thanks.

Might as well bite the bullet & say it's highly unlikely the Business will reply to that, but that's not to say feedback is not appreciated.

I can't debate it either, but I will say one thing, to give you some food for thought.

There's been much talk of how Sky Poker made a proper mess with that Overlay in those Super UKOPS things. It may be right, too. However, to judge their success or failure, you'd need to know the following parts of the equation;

1) The existing CPA

2) The CPA of those (genuine) new Accounts that signed up.

3) The annual & lifetime value of a new account, to both Sky Poker, & SB&G as a whole.

And I don't know any of those answers, & neither do you. And The Business sure won't be answering those questions, as it's commercially private, as I'm sure you understand.

As to resource levels, again, that's not something they can reasonably be expected to discuss openly - it's a Business matter.

Anyway, the feedback generally is welcomed, & with the next UKOPS already well into the planning stage, any suggestions will be looked at.

Keep the constructive feedback coming, it all adds grist to the mill.
  • edited November 2015
    I think the majority of people have acknowledged that ultimately we cannot know whether the benefit of hundreds of new registrants offsets the overlay. However, Sky Poker obviously still do not want to create overlay. Ideally, they'd be able to advertise a £500k series, while still getting plenty of new registants, and not getting any overlay. 

It's easy with hindsight, but the way of doing this seems clear:

add more money to the guarantee of the main event. We know from previous experience that the £40k guarantee on the main always gets reached quite easily. 

Replace PLO tournaments with NL tournaments - these can have higher guarantees and appeal more to the vast majority of players than PLO games do. 

Implementing these two changes next time, allows Sky to reduce the guarantee on the already optimistic £25k mtts to maybe £20k, while still reaching the £500k total guarantee. Additionally, I don't see how this would result in less new players. win win. And I say it's clear with hindsight, but it was also relatively clear before the series started. There were numerous player comments about the £25k mtts, both in regard to reaching the guarantee and the software coping. These both failed, and I think that's the main reason for disappointment - these were very avoidable errors. ** edit - I should note that the software did seem to respond well after the first night, so perhaps that should be ignored to some extent**

Going forward I think Sky should consider creating new methods for advertising. I heard this has been done previously, but was stopped for an unknown reason. Start an official 2+2 Sky Poker thread in Internet Poker. Every other site I know has one of these threads, some have many different threads, but with Sky already having a forum of their own, they'd only need the one. This gives Sky the opportunity to appeal to the biggest market possible to them for a small cost. Yes, you'd get the odd troll, but 2+2 mods are quite effective at removing posts when notified. This allows players who aren't familiar with the Sky Poker forum, to be aware of new promotions, new online series, and new live tournaments. Also, please don't think 2p2 is just a place for regular poker players. It's full of recreational players too, and I bet a lot of those live in the UK. It will undoubtedly boost numbers for little time consumption and little cost. 

• edited November 2015

^^^

They did used to have a dedicated Thread on 2+2, but it was very expensive & yielded very little by way of acquisition, so I guess it was not deemed cost-effective.  

• edited November 2015
    ^^^ They did used to have a dedicated Thread on 2+2, but it was very expensive & yielded very little by way of acquisition, so I guess it was not deemed cost-effective.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok, thanks for clarificaction. :( both of those things do surprise me. Sites smaller than Sky have had threads there for a long time, and even today sites that can only operate in 1 particular US state have them running. frustrating
  • edited November 2015
    After finding the Sky Poker 2p2 thread, I can see that the Sky Poker rep posted for around 1 month total. This is of course too small of a timeframe. Also, the posts weren't so great - they included stuff like the entire structure of a tournament, or the payout structure, or a list of currently registered players. I understand this might be effective on Sky, where the player base is small and forum regs like to know these things, but on 2p2 it's just going to make people click X. Direct, short promotions while answering questions will win people over, and give the thread a good rating. 

I'm so convinced that this would be an effective medium of advertising for Sky that I'd be prepared to do it myself for free. Of course, I wouldn't be allowed to do that but I think it should be revamped

• edited November 2015
    After finding the Sky Poker 2p2 thread, I can see that the Sky Poker rep posted for around 1 month total. This is of course too small of a timeframe. Also, the posts weren't so great - they included stuff like the entire structure of a tournament, or the payout structure, or a list of currently registered players. I understand this might be effective on Sky, where the player base is small and forum regs like to know these things, but on 2p2 it's just going to make people click X. Direct, short promotions while answering questions will win people over, and give the thread a good rating. 
    Posted by percival09
    The original dedicated thread was removed.  
  • edited November 2015
    I just wanna echo the thoughts of a lot of the posts so far here...

More advertising, less mistakes, less variety (surprisingly), just get the basics right first. 

Perhaps in hindsight (and this can be used in future) you could have run a 2500 runner freeroll a few weeks prior to UKOPS to test the waters with how the software could cope without impacting lotsss of players with a lot of £££ on the line across all games and without it impacting Sky's major online series when ideally lots of new players are logged in want you wanna give a good impression. It would need to be a freeroll run at peak time ofc, no point doing a test run at 10am then running the real one at 8pm when traffic is totally different.

I like the idea of a regular low BI, big field comp every sunday, £11bh is probably spot on for the BI/format but maybe just £10k guaranteed

In Response to UKOPS and beyond:
    Is there a spot for a decent guaranteed Omaha tournament?
    Posted by Sky_SamT

I don't mean to complain about you asking for customer feedback etc cos I think it's great, but asking stuff like this always ends in the same result. Lots of people on the forum say 'yeahhh more PLO' but in reality a tinyyyyy fraction of Sky players want to play it so it fails. iirc, every main (except the Roller) gets 300+ runners without fail pretty much, if PLO becomes one of the mains imo it'll struggle to reach a third of field size of other mains.

The player base/liquidity just isn't here for regular big guarantee PLO comps imo. I imagine you keep an eye on the guarantees of all comps so if the existing PLO comps were smashing guarantees consistently you'd already have bumped them up. Out of interest, how did the UKOPS PLO and PLO8 events get on RE guarantees? I recall the first one missed it and I heard the one which was a main met the guarantee but didn't follow the rest.

Fwiw, I don't believe earlier start times of mains would be a positive, it would be a negative imo. Most other sites I know, if they have a 'main' it's usually around that 8pm mark. It's all good and well saying people don't wanna stay up too late, but people also have to be ready and online to play. Say your average Joe doesn't finish work til 5pm, maybe gets home 5:30pm/6pm, gotta have dinner, sort the kids, get settled etc. I think if anything main event numbers would only go down if it started much earlier.

It's just the way of MTTs imo, if you wanna play a 300-400 runner MTT which is the main event and you want it to be done pre midnight, gl finding it. Presumably Sky wants to grow, and as that happens if mains start to get 400, 500, 600 runners regular, it's just impossibleeee to get it to finish before midnight and still be a decent game of poker. Just gotta pick a different game imo if you cant commit to 4-5hr to win the biggest MTT that runs on a given site.

In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond:
    Although I rarely play it doesn't the Tues main get a lot of runners? If so why should it get changed (apologies if I'm wrong). That being said I would probably play if Tuesday had another tournament running with a slightly bigger buy in.
    Posted by omm

It used to, or rather it does still but alot less. iirc it was originally £6k guaranteed and regularly smashed the 600 runners needed, this was when 861 still existed and a key selling point was that the tournament could be finished live on air (unlike the other mains which tend to end around the 1:30am mark). I dunno if it's directly related but since 861 closed the numbers have went significantly down in Tuesday's main and I think settled around the 400 mark. Still good ofc but that I'd imagine is largely because the BI is 1/3 of most of the other mains.

I agree Tuesday's main should be dropped. The comp doesn't have to be dropped, I think there's room for an £11 turbo 7 days a week around the £750/£1k guarantee mark to start it off, around the same time it runs now. Then a new main can be introduced, maybe a £22 double chance (1 rebuy only to be used when u go down to 0 chips), maybe another BH, the latter is probably more popular. 

I dunno if it's changed or not yet but now UKOPS is over, plz put the MBI (10:30pm £55 turbo BH) and 9pm £55bh back in their regular slots.

I think once a week a slightly bigger BH main would be good, maybe a £55BH main on Saturdays.

I like the idea some have suggested of maybe a once a month bigger comp. Even if it's just a £220 BI on the last Sunday of each month. Needs to be lots of satellites. I've said it before but the satellite structure needs to be much better... if we could have tonsss of satellites for the £55 events during UKOPS why can't we have tonssss of satellites for the 2 x £55BHs that run day in, day out? 

My post feels all a bit scrambled, just tried to get out what I could remember before I forgot, but probably have forgot loads.