You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS and beyond

Comments

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond:
    I just wanna echo the thoughts of a lot of the posts so far here... More advertising, less mistakes, less variety (surprisingly), just get the basics right first.  Perhaps in hindsight (and this can be used in future) you could have run a 2500 runner freeroll a few weeks prior to UKOPS to test the waters with how the software could cope without impacting lotsss of players 
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

You are not the first to suggest a Freeroll should be used to test the site capacity.

It does not work like that, & never did, here or elsewhere.

They have something called a "test environment" where they can & do test capacity on a regular basis. You can't see it, it is not visible, it's behind a "wall", but they do it regularly, (during scheduled outages) & they specifically did it to test up to breaking point pre UKOPS. The platform as a whole is very experienced as to high traffic loads - can you imagine the load Sky Bet has at 3pm & 4.45pm on a Saturday, for example?

You may well say that the first of the Super UKOPS suffered some issues - correct. The primary cause of that was NOT the volume of players on site, it was something completely separate, however, it occurred at the wrong time, coinciding with a peak period, & with the site being as busy as it was, some players, regrettably, suffered lag. It was very unfortunate & regrettable, but the root cause was not volume, it was exacerbated by volume. All problems begin with the root cause, obv. Lessons were learned.

Advertising? Well this Business has its own way of thinking. It used to advertise in the Poker Media, but it presumably found it was not cost-effective. It's very expensive (in relative terms), & clashes with everyone else's ads, so (maybe....) the main beneficiaries are the poker media, publishers, & Ad Agencies. That's the Businesses opinion, armed with the data, but of course you can think different if you wish. 

Instead, they do their advertising & Promotions differently, & for this UKOPS, (& in fact last years UKPC) they used TV Advertising, utilising several thousand "spots". Not many Rooms do that, & they may be correct in doing so, but that's the line Sky Poker have chosen in those instances.

They also choose to devote a portion of their advertising/marketing budget on Sky Poker TV, which includes a weekly spot on Sky Sports, & which attracts very large audience, including - most critically - the poker curious - people who do not currently have poker accounts anywhere. That is a golden target.

Your way may be better, who knows?, (I certainly don't) but I'm backing the guys who are armed with the data.

Less mistakes? Well yes, can't argue with that. I have mentioned - several times - & Sam mentioned it HERE, too. I did not really want to spell this out, & I'll guess the Office won't be thanking me, but for context.... 

The MTT side of Sky Poker is generally around one sixth (16% approx.) of total Sky Poker traffic & revenue. (That changes during a UKOPS, of course, though UKOPS has the side effect of increased cash & SNG traffic as it happens). The MTT's atre looked after - as to daily scheduling, daily satellites, da de da, by 2 chaps in the office. Both of them are real good guys, though I would say that of course. Many of you have met both of them, both were at the last UKPC, & one was in Vegas this year.

Unfortunately, as Sam explained in that Link above, one of the dastardly duo became unexpectedly & unavoidably absent at a really bad time - some 4 weeks ago. Could not have been worse timing. Help was drafted in, but it's quite a complex role, & very laborious, & so one man - Sam - is carrying most of the load, temporarily. 

That's not the player's problem, of course it's not. And no, it should not happen. But these comment in the last 24 hours effectively aimed towards one guy must be quite painful for him to read, (he reads it all but is a bit pushed for time right now.....) so I'd sincerely ask everyone to try & show a little tolerance please.

Thank you.     
  • edited November 2015
    Some have said they only have time for the main on a tuesday due to it being a turbo so it would be nice to keep it that way. I imagine swapping the main to a £33 10k turbo(run sats to this from late morning) and the mini for a £10 4k turbo would work well. Could also change the blinds from 7 mins to 5 to ramp up the turbo aspect.
  • edited November 2015
    I tend to play from 6,30 until 11 most nights and don't mind a late finish if it means a deep run. If I were to take a night off it would be a Tuesday or Wednesday as the £11 turbo on a Tuesday isn't usually enough on its own if I bust the £22 bhs at 6 at 7, and the £11 rebuy on a Wednesday drives me mad as 50% of the time I miss the add on.

I see there is a 3k £22 bh at 7.30 tonight and that would solve the problem of Tuesdays if it were to become permanent. Wednesday can be solved with the simple addition of an auto-add on. I love £10 rebuys on other sites, and they all have this.
  • edited November 2015
    Tuesday nights main has had overlay on numerous weeks before ukops just looked at the lobby for it again tonight and more overlay £290.  This is at peak time of the year aswell this main really needs to be replaced with something else.
  • edited November 2015
    Tuesday nights main has had overlay on numerous weeks before ukops just looked at the lobby for it again tonight and more overlay £290.  This is at peak time of the year aswell this main really needs to be replaced with something else.
    Posted by bearlyther

I disagree. All October this was a 4K GTD. Only just gone to a 5K. It is the one 'main' that a lot of smaller BR's play.
  • edited November 2015
    Not everyone can afford to play 33 BHs 

Turbo Tuesday is the best main of the week for alot of the player base. Also it probably didnt hit its GTD today simply because of the England match.
  • edited November 2015
    There was deinately at least 3 weeks within a 2 month period when the gtd wasnt met before ukops started and that was with the previous 4k gtd as i remember posting a thread about it a while back when the gtds wernt met.  Every other main smashes the Gtd.

Im also not saying get rid of it put it on at 9.15 and we can have the mtt on 7 nights a week as part of the daily schedule.
  • edited November 2015
    really need a pop up wen it comes to addon during rebuys, i too kept missing the addon during ukops rebuys
  • edited November 2015

Just gna throw my 2 pence in.

I think UKOPS was definitely the best yet in my short experience, overall the variety and length of the whole thing was really good. Also the daily running of sats I think was a great success.

From a personal point of view I just felt there was a bit too many tournaments with the turbo mechanism. Obviously I understand the reason behind this, but I was a bit disappointed that the original 9pm £55BH had become a 10pm turbo most nights but that's just me. Also the 2nd week of UKOPS was a little underwhelming compared to the first but i guess that's to be expected.

In terms of going forward, the daily mtt schedule definitely needs a shake up. I think adding some turbos and double chance tourneys would be a good idea even some lower BI rebuys £5-10. Overall I reckon it’s worth adding some mid-stakes MTTS £15-20 BI’s.

I do agree that the tuesday main needs a revamp but also agree that we can/should keep the £10 turbo as a regular during the week with a lower guarantee like £2k.

Also Lambo mentioned having at least one bigger BH main on a fri/saturday which imo is a no-brainer, since we have 4 main BHs with more or less the same prizepool/structure.

Finally imo the £55bh 1500 turbo needs a revamp. I reckon even lowering the BI to £33 would be better and then having more sats for it would be a gd start, it surely can't remain as it is.

There's loads of other gd ideas posted so far here e.g. monthly higher stakes tourny with lots of qualifiers.

Just wanna give a shout-out to the guys at Sky who are always willing to experiment and listen to feedback. Great job guys.

• edited November 2015

Just before I reply to a few comments, please be assured they DO intend to shake the tree a bit & try to freshen up the MTT schedule, & do so without alienating too many. Not an easy task, but it's got to be done.

Neil Channing & I have also been asked to forward proposals & ideas to Head Office. If any of you want to PM Neil or myself with ideas, which you'd prefer not to put on thread, please do, they'll all get forwarded to Mr Upstairs Man.

Personally, I'll not be suggesting specific MTT's, & I doubt Neil will either - we both intend to look at it from a more strategic standpoint. For example, beef up the schedule on the traditional busy Online nights (Sunday & Tuesday), or go the contrarian route & beef it up on other nights. That sort of thing.  

• edited November 2015
    Would like to see rebuys in your daily schedule, reg speed and few turbo ones to end the evening.These always create nice prizepools Did think the £55 rebuy events were a bit too pricey Will there ever be antes in ur games? Monthly event sounds like a good idea but i wouldnt make it the same gtd/buyin as the ukops main as ukops main shud stay unique
    Posted by Arrogant
    As far as I know, it's not near the top of the priorities, for all the reasons I have explained many times. Happy to expand upon that if you wish.  
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : This would make a big difference to me.  I dislike the trend over the years to longer and longer tournaments.  The most important players for poker sites are those that have something to do in the morning.  The decision to include main event seats in the prize fund of some of the events is also off putting.  Just because I can play on Tuesday doesn't mean I can also play on Sunday or want to play on that day and no value was added to the games.  That decision meant I missed two £100 games. Cheers
    Posted by Doooobs
    That's a very good & important point indeed - the vast majority of the regular players have to get up in the morning, & that must be recognized in the "popular" scheduling.
  • edited November 2015
    After finding the Sky Poker 2p2 thread, I can see that the Sky Poker rep posted for around 1 month total. This is of course too small of a timeframe. Also, the posts weren't so great - they included stuff like the entire structure of a tournament, or the payout structure, or a list of currently registered players. I understand this might be effective on Sky, where the player base is small and forum regs like to know these things, but on 2p2 it's just going to make people click X. Direct, short promotions while answering questions will win people over, and give the thread a good rating.  I'm so convinced that this would be an effective medium of advertising for Sky that I'd be prepared to do it myself for free. Of course, I wouldn't be allowed to do that but I think it should be revamped
    Posted by percival09
    Apologies, I replied to this already (by saying the original sponsored thread had been removed) but I sort of missed the rest of your reply.

I agree 100% that the "other" thread they had there was hardly optimal. That's another story for another day, but imo you are correct.

Nice of you to offer to run the thread, too, but really, it's not practical or appropriate. For starters, it'll get removed unless we pay a whacking great quarterly charge. Would almost pay the fee myself to see how you deal with the trolls & haters, as it happens, think my money would be on you. We can but dream. If you wanted to throw in the occasional comment on 2+2 about Sky Poker of course, go ahead, a little covert spam rarely does much harm. ;)

Fundamentally though, it comes down to what sort of players Sky Poker want to attract, & at what cost. Every single (UK-& ROI based) poster on 2+2 has already heard of Sky Poker. No exceptions. Maybe they only heard bad things, I don't know, & that needs addressing, but they do know of Sky Poker.  

Now compare that target audience with the viewers who watch, for example, the Sky Sports Show. The majority of these are poker curious, & don't have an online poker account anywhere. This is a very important market. These potential sign-ups have far greater value to the business. 

• edited November 2015
    Posted by bearlyther
    Asking the player base what they would liker for Xmas is fraught with danger - few will agree on anything, 100 replies will propose 100 different solutions.

However, this thorny question of the Tuesday Night £11 main is the easiest of all to resolve, imo. 

It's correct to say it does not appeal to many, who want something with a bit more bite.

It's also correct to say that it gets the biggest "Main Event" field of the entire week, simply because of its £11 entry fee, & fast structure, which enables those with lesser bankrolls, & who have to get up in the morning, to have "their own" Main.

My answer to this dilemma is easy. The existing £11 Tuesday Main must be retained, no question about it in my mind. However, alongside it - a "co-Main" if you like - something with more bite needs adding, something for Team Serious. 

To my mind, they can both start at 8pm, or maybe 5 or 10 minutes either side of 8pm, perhaps even 7.45/8/8.15 for the existing Main & Mini, supplemented by something a bit more beefy.

That would be my suggestion. Both sides of this argument make valid points, & both can be addressed this way.    

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Apologies, I replied to this already (by saying the original sponsored thread had been removed) but I sort of missed the rest of your reply. I agree 100% that the "other" thread they had there was hardly optimal. That's another story for another day, but imo you are correct. Nice of you to offer to run the thread, too, but really, it's not practical or appropriate. For starters, it'll get removed unless we pay a whacking great quarterly charge. Would almost pay the fee myself to see how you deal with the trolls & haters, as it happens, think my money would be on you. We can but dream. If you wanted to throw in the occasional comment on 2+2 about Sky Poker of course, go ahead, a little covert spam rarely does much harm. ;) Fundamentally though, it comes down to what sort of players Sky Poker want to attract, & at what cost. Every single (UK-& ROI based) poster on 2+2 has already heard of Sky Poker. No exceptions. Maybe they only heard bad things, I don't know, & that needs addressing, but they do know of Sky Poker.   Now compare that target audience with the viewers who watch, for example, the Sky Sports Show. The majority of these are poker curious, & don't have an online poker account anywhere. This is a very important market. These potential sign-ups have far greater value to the business.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    i have an idea that i would like to copyright....

why not start up your own sky poker tv channel dedicated solely to poker where the poker curious see their hands on the screen.  you might want to use 861....

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : i have an idea that i would like to copyright.... why not start up your own sky poker tv channel dedicated solely to poker where the poker curious see their hands on the screen.  you might want to use 861....
    Posted by aussie09
    BOOMIO, in like a shot, wp wp.

The difference, of course, is one had a captive audience, preaching to the converted, & the other reaches out to a new market.
  • edited November 2015
    I am a fan of 4 card formats but I have to agree that you should not seek to replace any regular main with a PLO - you will lose revenue.

However I think there was an appetite for PLO and PLO8 as part of the UKOPS schedule. I didnt follow all of the guarantees, but the PLO main and the only PLO8 event certainly beat theirs. I made a concerted effort to play in the PLO8, the PLO was too expensive for me.

While PLO(8) is "in the minority" let's not forget that MTTs themselves are also a minority group in terms of traffic and revenue, however the big payouts online and in the live UKPCs do attract attention within the poker community and as a carrot to the "poker curious".

There is another thread about building a PLO8 MTT base so I won't bang on about that here, just to say there is an opportunity for Sky to better cater for 4 card fans and attract players of those from other sites.

In terms of building traffic and getting more "recs" to play the regular MTT schedule, a few suggestions:

1. More events that start on or after 8 and finish by 12 will cater for those needing post work family time and who have to get up in the morning. 630/7pm starts will be good for the single working person.

2. More sats to more events and/or see 3.

3. SNG Sats - Sky_Dan was experimenting with these and has I understand unfortunately been off sick for a few weeks- I don't think the format was quite right. I would like to see SNG Sats at various BI levels where you win tourney tokens so you can chose which event you play in.

4. Better use of tourney tokens - There have been problems with these and they are still not quite right. Please make them valid for 6 months and make it so you have to manually select to use them. At the moment the default is to use them and the way the pop ups come up it is very easy to accidentally use them. There is no option to save it on a mobile device wither. I would love to be able to enter a main event with saved tourney tokens but it is just not possible at the moment,

• edited November 2015

Can you consider the plight of an old geezer with the burden of a young family who can't seem to last beyond midnight cos he has to leave home the following morning by 6.30am to go and clean the local police station cells and sluice out the toilets.........one hour timed tournament to be finished by 11.30pm with a  buy in of  no more than £11 for 4000 chipolatas...

Rant over
  • edited November 2015
    ^^^^ Matt - thanks. Might as well bite the bullet & say it's highly unlikely the Business will reply to that, but that's not to say feedback is not appreciated. I can't debate it either, but I will say one thing, to give you some food for thought.   There's been much talk of how Sky Poker made a proper mess with that Overlay in those Super UKOPS things. It may be right, too. However, to judge their success or failure, you'd need to know the following parts of the equation;   1) The existing CPA 2) The CPA of those (genuine) new Accounts that signed up.   3) The annual & lifetime value of a new account, to both Sky Poker, & SB&G as a whole. And I don't know any of those answers, & neither do you. And The Business sure won't be answering those questions, as it's commercially private, as I'm sure you understand. As to resource levels, again, that's not something they can reasonably be expected to discuss openly - it's a Business matter.   Anyway, the feedback generally is welcomed, & with the next UKOPS already well into the planning stage, any suggestions will be looked at.   Keep the constructive feedback coming, it all adds grist to the mill.
    Posted by Tikay10

I looked it up and I found 215 meanings for CPA. I think we are obsessed with  these TLA's (three letter abbreviations)

Lots of good points raised. I would like to comment on a few.
    The nature of this forum unfortunaetly means that the vast majority of writers will come from a small section of the player base, and therefore these players will either play high volume or high stakes or both.

Tournaments like the £55 buy in ones at 10-00 were mentioned, one I have played in in the past and enjoyed but it should be pointed out that the majoity of players on Sky cannot afford a £55-00 tournament every night or even any night. This does not mean it should not be done of course.

Obviously again most cannot afford to play in tournaments that end in the early hours of the morning, they have work in the morning. Again that does not meant there should not be any.

Some have got a bit excited on overlays in tournaments with guarantees. This is a tricky subject as it is not always what it seems. Other sites do guarantees and poker players like them, so Sky have to also or be left behind. If sometimes there is an overlay then this can be good publicity and is done deliberately by some sites. A guarantee promotes more players to play and can increase your profit despite paying out an overlay. Let us take a £10+£1 tournament if you give it a £4000 gurantee then you need 400 runners or you will have an overlay, if you did not give a guarantee let us say you only get 200 runners which would give you a profit of £200, If when you guarantee it you don't meet the guarantee and get say 385 runners then you have an overlay of £150, and after taking off what you have collected gives you a bigger profit of £235. Told you it was tricky, and pitching the right level for the guarantee is not easy.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : BOOMIO, in like a shot, wp wp. The difference, of course, is one had a captive audience, preaching to the converted, & the other reaches out to a new market.
    Posted by Tikay10

The old one caught a new market (me), I was bored and flicking through channels when I hit Sky poker, I thought this seems like more fun than other poker sites I'll join in, I was right it was more fun, and that was in 2007.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Asking the player base what they would liker for Xmas is fraught with danger - few will agree on anything, 100 replies will propose 100 different solutions. However, this thorny question of the Tuesday Night £11 main is the easiest of all to resolve, imo.  It's correct to say it does not appeal to many, who want something with a bit more bite. It's also correct to say that it gets the biggest "Main Event" field of the entire week, simply because of its £11 entry fee, & fast structure, which enables those with lesser bankrolls, & who have to get up in the morning, to have "their own" Main.   My answer to this dilemma is easy. The existing £11 Tuesday Main must be retained, no question about it in my mind. However, alongside it - a "co-Main" if you like - something with more bite needs adding, something for Team Serious.  To my mind, they can both start at 8pm, or maybe 5 or 10 minutes either side of 8pm, perhaps even 7.45/8/8.15 for the existing Main & Mini, supplemented by something a bit more beefy.   That would be my suggestion. Both sides of this argument make valid points, & both can be addressed this way.       
    Posted by Tikay10

Yea good idea tikay and i think this would work well.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Asking the player base what they would liker for Xmas is fraught with danger - few will agree on anything, 100 replies will propose 100 different solutions. However, this thorny question of the Tuesday Night £11 main is the easiest of all to resolve, imo.  It's correct to say it does not appeal to many, who want something with a bit more bite. It's also correct to say that it gets the biggest "Main Event" field of the entire week, simply because of its £11 entry fee, & fast structure, which enables those with lesser bankrolls, & who have to get up in the morning, to have "their own" Main.   My answer to this dilemma is easy. The existing £11 Tuesday Main must be retained, no question about it in my mind. However, alongside it - a "co-Main" if you like - something with more bite needs adding, something for Team Serious.  To my mind, they can both start at 8pm, or maybe 5 or 10 minutes either side of 8pm, perhaps even 7.45/8/8.15 for the existing Main & Mini, supplemented by something a bit more beefy.   That would be my suggestion. Both sides of this argument make valid points, & both can be addressed this way.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Doing something like this might be the best type of route to go about PLO. The bigger stake regs will always prefer main events to be about holdem but they alone won't make up the overall prize pool and you will get some omaha regs coming in as replacement.

The key is to know what will interest a rec the most. These players won't have the cash for consistant direct entries into the main event and this is especially the story on sundays. The other thing most appealing to a rec is having a bounty hunter tournament which you don't have on sundays main.

How about creating a main PLO bounty hunter main event on the sunday for a price of £11 and advertise it aroud sky as a main omaha event. The bounty hunter part and the cheap sunday main event part should help catch the recs eyes and provide these MTTs with larger fields.

PL08 is  the omaha event I can see struggling because split pots will put bounties in a dilemma and could mean a longer lasting MTT.
  • edited November 2015
    Not enough people will play plo.  People ask for it in the forum for more plo in ukops etc then when it comes around the numbers are always the worst.  Just because a few people on the forum would like it doesnt mean the majority want it and all you have to do is look at the numbers that reflect this.
  • edited November 2015
    I enjoyed UKOPS, qualified for my highest ever priced tournament, the High Roller for £25. And qualified to the £110 £40K main event TWICE via Freerolls. Downside is the UKOPS coincided with one of my "play bad + run bad" combinations, so ultimately showed no profit, but no gripes.
    In the UKOPS i enjoyed the £22 Omaha, please retain them for the next one. I very much missed the "win the button" comps UKOPS has previously had. Personally a main £110 Win The Button Bounty Hunter would be very interesting to me.
    Going forward i usually play the £11 Turbo main on a Tuesday. i quite enjoy it and though it has on occasions had some overlay, i think the numbers it gets creates a decent prize pool for an £11 investment. I think it does leave a gap for a 2nd main, maybe a £28 BH or PLO or win the button at 9pm.
    The tournament that seems to always cover its guarantee is the £11 Rebuy on Weds. As it works, why not try the same for a Saturday main. The good thing about a rebuy is that it always enables you, if you wish, by rebuys if necessary, to ensure you have an evenings entertainment. Nothing worse than staying in to play the saturday main, and going out in the first 15 mins, giving you a serious gap to fill till MOTD at 10.30. I mean, have you seen what garbage is on the tele Saturday night.
    Miss 861 terribly and definately playing less than i used to in its absence. Not taking my play anywhere else, just means less incentive full stop.
    Thats my two penneth, see you at the tables 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Doing something like this might be the best type of route to go about PLO. The bigger stake regs will always prefer main events to be about holdem but they alone won't make up the overall prize pool and you will get some omaha regs coming in as replacement. The key is to know what will interest a rec the most. These players won't have the cash for consistant direct entries into the main event and this is especially the story on sundays. The other thing most appealing to a rec is having a bounty hunter tournament which you don't have on sundays main. How about creating a main PLO bounty hunter main event on the sunday for a price of £11 and advertise it aroud sky as a main omaha event. The bounty hunter part and the cheap sunday main event part should help catch the recs eyes and provide these MTTs with larger fields. PL08 is  the omaha event I can see struggling because split pots will put bounties in a dilemma and could mean a longer lasting MTT.
    Posted by craigcu12
    you're mistaken if you think recs want PLO. Most probably don't know what it is, or how to play it. You PLO guys need to realise that the game is not popular amongst the majority of players. Of course it's fine to have a small buy-in comp every week or something, but focusing too much on these tournaments is without any question -EV for Sky.  

Secondly, while adding an £11 main on Sunday's is great for small bankroll players, Sunday has always been Sky's (and most other sites') flagship MTT day, and it's what players from other sites look for when deciding which mtts to add/play, so it's the only day that Sky definitely should not consider making a small buy-in tournament their main event. 

• edited November 2015
    This plo thingie, I felt cheated when I clicked a chat box link to a tourne that led to a PLO game last week, I only found out when I had too many hole cards, had to google how to play.  I was chip leader for a good while tho, but still, I became slightly distrustful of the chat box promotions after that. Where as previously, I was quite happy to click at an promo when I liked the look of it, and they always led to NLH previously.
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Loving the new £3k £22 at 7:30pm hopefully here for a while. 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Apologies, I replied to this already (by saying the original sponsored thread had been removed) but I sort of missed the rest of your reply. I agree 100% that the "other" thread they had there was hardly optimal. That's another story for another day, but imo you are correct. Nice of you to offer to run the thread, too, but really, it's not practical or appropriate. For starters, it'll get removed unless we pay a whacking great quarterly charge. Would almost pay the fee myself to see how you deal with the trolls & haters, as it happens, think my money would be on you. We can but dream. If you wanted to throw in the occasional comment on 2+2 about Sky Poker of course, go ahead, a little covert spam rarely does much harm. ;) Fundamentally though, it comes down to what sort of players Sky Poker want to attract, & at what cost. Every single (UK-& ROI based) poster on 2+2 has already heard of Sky Poker. No exceptions. Maybe they only heard bad things, I don't know, & that needs addressing, but they do know of Sky Poker.   Now compare that target audience with the viewers who watch, for example, the Sky Sports Show. The majority of these are poker curious, & don't have an online poker account anywhere. This is a very important market. These potential sign-ups have far greater value to the business.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    I signed up today it was a spur of the moment thing having seen it on tv if that helps
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : you're mistaken if you think recs want PLO. Most probably don't know what it is, or how to play it. You PLO guys need to realise that the game is not popular amongst the majority of players. Of course it's fine to have a small buy-in comp every week or something, but focusing too much on these tournaments is without any question -EV for Sky.   Secondly, while adding an £11 main on Sunday's is great for small bankroll players, Sunday has always been Sky's (and most other sites') flagship MTT day, and it's what players from other sites look for when deciding which mtts to add/play, so it's the only day that Sky definitely should not consider making a small buy-in tournament their main event. 
    Posted by percival09
    Although it won't get as many recs joining as a holdem MTT would get, even omaha MTTs will get some, of the 13 people who made it past the bubble of the UKOPs  1K omaha BH atleast 3 have got a shark scope like that of a rec. what a rec likes more than anything is a bounty hunter, week in week out these MTTs get way more entries than a standard MTT and at this minute in time sunday itself is the only main event day which will not interest recs.

The key to it all is getting them to stand out in front of a recs eye, between 5pm-7;30pm 3 bounty hunters all cost the same price have got about between 100-150 entrants, you've then got this 4th bounty hunter with a guarentee twice the size of the others and this gets 300.

today's mini rebuy event has currently got 143 runners, monday's bounty hunter managed to receive 564.

A stand omaha event probably wouldn't do very good but this is where i'm suggesting it to be a bounty hunter because as was seen in UKOPS event itself the bounty hunter part made it a more interesting one and the point about it being a main event is like "UKOPS" 1K bounty hunter.

sunday's main event cost £110
    sunday's mini event cost £11,
    Sunday's main omaha could cost £11

Sunday's mini event is NOT a bounty hunter
    Sunday's main omaha IS a bounty hunter

All in all we'll never ever know how interesting it is unless it's tried just as sky poker itself wouldn't have known it's interest until it was opened!
  • edited November 2015
    Loving the new £3k £22 at 7:30pm hopefully here for a while. 
    Posted by omm
    +1 should be a great addition to the schedule.

Is it just me though or was this not mentioned/advertised anywhere at all? I only knew about it cos a mate spotted it in the lobby, otherwise I'd deffo have missed it and not played. Correct me if I'm wrong, 

I may have just missed it, but if not, these things need to be given a mention on the forum or something so everyone knows.