You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS and beyond

Comments

• ommomm
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond:
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : +1 should be a great addition to the schedule. Is it just me though or was this not mentioned/advertised anywhere at all? I only knew about it cos a mate spotted it in the lobby, otherwise I'd deffo have missed it and not played. Correct me if I'm wrong,  I may have just missed it, but if not, these things need to be given a mention on the forum or something so everyone knows.
    Posted by Lambert180

Not sure if it has been advertised, I only noticed it last night so not even sure how long it's been going, I presumed it started this week. Not bad numbers though, 168 and 175 last two days. 
  • edited November 2015
    Loving the new £3k £22 at 7:30pm hopefully here for a while. 
    Posted by omm

1st time of playing it today.

really enjoyed it.

fingers crossed it stays.
  • edited November 2015
    from what people have been saying it seems like there should be a comp like the Tuesday main on everyday. Something a bit smaller than the main in BI, and that finishes before midnight.

a high roller on a tuesday also seems like a must atm.

Can anyone tell me why the £3k gtd 7:30 22bh has tonnes more runners than the 7pm 22bh? other than the gt being bigger. I get the feeling that if a few more comps like these replaced some of the ones with tiny gts, people would play them and gts would be met. I know that alot of tournaments on sky arent so attractive to many players who chose to play on other sites because they see them as "bowl".  UKOPS ran for 2 weeks, and in general gts were met... is there a reason why a similar, more permanent schedule wouldnt work?

• edited November 2015
    Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback here, I am reading all of it and find it most useful. I am currently working on a revised main event schedule and with that may well come a revised evening schedule. The length of UKOPS and the numbers in the later events have increased my confidence for what we can offer later in the evening. 

The 7.30pm Bounty Hunter is being monitored for now and I am particularly interested to see how the 7pm, 7.30pm and 8pm tournaments perform.

I am also currently working on UKOPS XV right now so let me assure you are we are taking all this onboard and will be rolling out some changes.

Sam
  • edited November 2015
    Because they ran 2 tournaments that were exactly the same so close together, so of course the majority just played the one with the larger prizepool

Its probably a mistake in the schedule to run 2 tournaments so close together that are the same.More variety and bigger gtd tournaments during prime time is what id like.

Something like 6pm rebuy, 7pm main, 7.30pm 22bh, 8pm turbo 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : I signed up today it was a spur of the moment thing having seen it on tv if that helps
    Posted by busybull
    oioi, welcome aboard Mr Busy, any questions, fire away.
  • edited November 2015
    I like the change to the £7.20 satellite at 6pm (7min blinds vs 5min blinds). Allows you to keep late reg open for longer = more seats to the main event.

Not sure why tonights satellite only has 4 levels of late reg? This is 2 or 3 levels shorter than mondays satellite.
  • edited November 2015

To PLO or not to PLO.....

Quite a bit of chatter about this.

In these sort of threads, people - naturally - give opinions based on self-interest, so there's never going to be consensus, but there has to be room for everyone's view.

As I said yesterday, I have no say in what they do, but Mr Ambo & I are in daily dialogue with Sam & others as to what changes may be made. I'm restricting my input to strategic views, the sort of things we should or should not do on specific nights, rather than specific MTT's.

I will say this though - the chances of there being a PLO MAIN EVENT are somewhere between slim & zero, I'd be VERY surprised indeed if that ever happened.

I do expect & hope that the PLO guys will be better served than they are at present, though. No unrealistic expectations, but they deserve something, at least for a trial period, & if it does not work, fine, it'll disappear.

So I'm hoping that a PLO &/or PLO8 sidey will take place regularly. Won't attract a big field, but that does not matter. Many of you might be surprised how much action is generated on the PLO cash Tables, & those guys deserve something. It won't impact the NLH schedule, or players, in any way shape or form.    

• edited November 2015
    With regards the PLO thing, I think we would really be better served by just taking the things that are already there and making them as good as they can be. There's quite a few small little things that you can do to make the games better and more popular IMO.

Cash games - replace the 2p/4p tables with £5 action tables, these used to run a lot , I think it's a combination of the psychology of the human mind(to do with the perceived relative differences between the buyin amounts)and the nature of how PLO plays.

Also at the monent we have freeplay PLO8 tables but no Omaha ones, which i don't really understand.

Tournaments - A few years ago we offered three 5.50/ 20 gtd MTTs a night, IMO these used to have the perfect structure for the amount of people that used to play them. One day they were replaced with just one 5.50/ 100 gtd tournament, the amount of runners almost quadrupled but the structure stayed exactly the same, it's just not that great of a tournament IMO.

Is there any reason why this tournament can't be played around with a bit? Like making it a BH on a monday/ 3.30 rebuy on a wednesday etc? and just see how it goes/ what works best?

HUSNGs - I personally would like to see these changed to a turbo structure, so they would basically start off at the point where the majority of games get to anyway after about 10/ 15 minutes.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : +1 should be a great addition to the schedule. Is it just me though or was this not mentioned/advertised anywhere at all? I only knew about it cos a mate spotted it in the lobby, otherwise I'd deffo have missed it and not played. Correct me if I'm wrong,  I may have just missed it, but if not, these things need to be given a mention on the forum or something so everyone knows.
    Posted by Lambert180

I would like to see more mid-stake MTTs (£5-£10) please but I have highlighted above because I feel the tournament aspect needs more of a push. A promotion even but just more advertising and a geneal clean up. Maybe have colour coded buy-in in the lobby? 

Great shout for a £11 turbo MTT each night and then the Tusday main can be replaced with something other than a BH (I know they are popular and thats mostly what I play but to be fair BH's are everywhere so you have little choice!). 

• edited November 2015
    the omaha main event can be the equivalent to a hold'em mini entry fee and a guarentee £500-1K.

It's having it as a bounty hunter, rebuy or turbo that I generally see as its main event part because this or these MTTs will be PLO and PL08 MTTs with a slightly different running dynamic and could stand out from the rest like a more interesting omaha and therefore like a main event.
  • edited November 2015
    With Omaha I really think we're better off taking small positive steps which may create a snowball effect, and in time lead to something bigger, rather than just plonking an MTT in the lobby and hoping that one or two hundred play it each week.

If only 16% of Holdem traffic, or rake generated(?) is MTTs, Does anyone know what that % is for Omaha?
  • edited November 2015
    I think as long as there is the main/mini jackpot, to retain one of the main events per week (it doesn't have to be Tuesday) as an £11 is almost essential, it's the only chance a lot of smaller-ball players will get to go for the longshot of the jackpot.
  • edited November 2015
    Tuesday is date night for a reason!

Agree with comments that tues needs a decent main event. As a few people have said you can run the turbos every day and they'd be popular, as it would tick the box of the player who wants to be in bed for 11. 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : BOOMIO, in like a shot, wp wp. The difference, of course, is one had a captive audience, preaching to the converted, & the other reaches out to a new market.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I bet more of us joined, and stayed, due to 861 than skysports

• edited November 2015
    With regards the PLO thing, I think we would really be better served by just taking the things that are already there and making them as good as they can be. There's quite a few small little things that you can do to make the games better and more popular IMO. Cash games - replace the 2p/4p tables with £5 action tables, these used to run a lot , I think it's a combination of the psychology of the human mind(to do with the perceived relative differences between the buyin amounts)and the nature of how PLO plays. Also at the monent we have freeplay PLO8 tables but no Omaha ones, which i don't really understand. Tournaments - A few years ago we offered three 5.50/ 20 gtd MTTs a night, IMO these used to have the perfect structure for the amount of people that used to play them. One day they were replaced with just one 5.50/ 100 gtd tournament, the amount of runners almost quadrupled but the structure stayed exactly the same, it's just not that great of a tournament IMO. Is there any reason why this tournament can't be played around with a bit? Like making it a BH on a monday/ 3.30 rebuy on a wednesday etc? and just see how it goes/ what works best? HUSNGs - I personally would like to see these changed to a turbo structure, so they would basically start off at the point where the majority of games get to anyway after about 10/ 15 minutes.
    Posted by raggy94
    Second this. But then I was a fan of the action tables at all levels - but seemed to lend itself more to PLO than NL.

And it's an age old suggestion, but tweaking the rake at PLO8 cash would be ace. Even if it was just to reduce rake solely on split pots. Would definitely play more if it wasn't so onerous. (I won't start any bandwagon of reducing rake at micro limits - appreciate that may make zero difference from Sky's POV, but PLO8 would definitely see more action/overall rake).

And on the topic of age old suggestions... PLO BH games... surely an easy win on a site like Sky?
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Second this. But then I was a fan of the action tables at all levels - but seemed to lend itself more to PLO than NL. And it's an age old suggestion, but tweaking the rake at PLO8 cash would be ace. Even if it was just to reduce rake solely on split pots. Would definitely play more if it wasn't so onerous. (I won't start any bandwagon of reducing rake at micro limits - appreciate that may make zero difference from Sky's POV, but PLO8 would definitely see more action/overall rake). And on the topic of age old suggestions... PLO BH games... surely an easy win on a site like Sky?
    Posted by shakinaces
    Hi shakin i posted this a while back 

no reply from sky though. PLO8 cash tables are dead if somthing isnt done then whats the point having them
  • edited November 2015
    With regards the PLO thing, I think we would really be better served by just taking the things that are already there and making them as good as they can be. There's quite a few small little things that you can do to make the games better and more popular IMO. Cash games - replace the 2p/4p tables with £5 action tables, these used to run a lot , I think it's a combination of the psychology of the human mind(to do with the perceived relative differences between the buyin amounts)and the nature of how PLO plays. Also at the monent we have freeplay PLO8 tables but no Omaha ones, which i don't really understand. Tournaments - A few years ago we offered three 5.50/ 20 gtd MTTs a night, IMO these used to have the perfect structure for the amount of people that used to play them. One day they were replaced with just one 5.50/ 100 gtd tournament, the amount of runners almost quadrupled but the structure stayed exactly the same, it's just not that great of a tournament IMO. Is there any reason why this tournament can't be played around with a bit? Like making it a BH on a monday/ 3.30 rebuy on a wednesday etc? and just see how it goes/ what works best? HUSNGs - I personally would like to see these changed to a turbo structure, so they would basically start off at the point where the majority of games get to anyway after about 10/ 15 minutes.
    Posted by raggy94

Why would you want to see this it makes no sense?

By asking this you are taking away an edge + gametime for recreational players.

I say this from an unbiased view because I grind Hyper and speed HUSNG's but the idea of taking away normal speed HUSNG is rediculous.

I think heads up sit and gos are fine.... the more variety the better. I never understrood why turbos were taken away.

Regards HUSNGS more levels need to be added such as £15's £40's etc

• edited November 2015
    Seems like the newly vacated 7pm spot would be great to mix up some different games for different nights

£5r
    £11r
    double chance (not sure on buy in)
    £22 deepstack on a Friday

I agree with Tuesday needing a bigger buy in tournament as an alternative main. £11r main should move to say Saturday and Friday main could be tried as a deepstack. This means the later finishing mains would be Fri/Sat/Sun which makes sense given the majority work mon-fri.

Numbers seem to struggle a bit in £55bh speed so as someone else suggested making it a £33 might help. Maybe the buy in could vary and be £55 on fri-sun and £33 for mon-thurs.

• edited November 2015
    Numbers seem to struggle a bit in £55bh speed so as someone else suggested making it a £33 might help. Maybe the buy in could vary and be £55 on fri-sun and £33 for mon-thurs.
    Posted by MattBates

+1 to this. 

• edited November 2015
    Yea something needs to be added in at 7pm in replace of the £22 bounty hunter that has now gone.  

If someone plays the £22 bounty hunter at 6pm lets say they are out of the tournament at 6.20 which was the time i bust the tournament last night.  There is nothing more on offer on the site till 7.30.  Most people wont wait that long and will be bored. So they will say to themselves will head out and do something else now instead of play poker.  Were as if you have something on at 7pm for them its not as long to wait.

£5r, £11r and £22 deepstack and double chance all good suggestions for a 7pm slot
  • edited November 2015
    Yea something needs to be added in at 7pm in replace of the £22 bounty hunter that has now gone.   If someone plays the £22 bounty hunter at 6pm lets say they are out of the tournament at 6.20 which was the time i bust the tournament last night.  There is nothing more on offer on the site till 7.30.  Most people wont wait that long and will be bored. So they will say to themselves will head out and do something else now instead of play poker.  Were as if you have something on at 7pm for them its not as long to wait. £5r, £11r and £22 deepstack and double chance all good suggestions for a 7pm slot
    Posted by bearlyther
    Yup, all noted, ditto similar responses earlier.

Have sent the thread up, and I dare say they will take it on board and address it. Might not be until Monday though.

Thanks.
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Just seen the 10k £33 at 8pm as well as the roller, great news, pretty sure it will get well supported. Actually quite excited about the schedule tonight with this addition and the 5k £33 at 7:30, £52 qtr at 7:15 and the £240 Final at 9pm. The £55 at 7pm is decent ish but usually a pretty tough field as all of the top guys on site play it and not so many others so as echoed in previous comments there is still room for another tournament here, especially on a Sunday, some great ideas already but a £11 double chance or rebuy sounds great.

Well done for the improvements so far. Just need some decent ones from 3pm on a Sunday and it would be nearly perfect.
  • edited November 2015
    +1 tonights schedule is looking good. 
  • edited November 2015

Appreciated lads, nice to see some positivity. Will pass it on.

Good luck, run well.
  • edited November 2015

Well this is a tad embarrassing after the nice comments by Messrs Omm & Jordz, but there has been something of a faux-pas.

That £33 BH which was showing for 8pm this evening had spawned in error, 24 hours early.

In short, it wont be running tonight.

Sincere apols.
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Well this is a tad embarrassing after the nice comments by Messrs Omm & Jordz, but there has been something of a faux-pas. That £33 BH which was showing for 8pm this evening had spawned in error, 24 hours early. In short, it wont be running tonight. Sincere apols.
    Posted by Tikay10

Gutted, seems to have been a great addition to the Sunday schedule, cannot see anyone who plays the roller not playing it (sat winners possibly) and would have been a big pull for other players as well. Mistakes happen, but can def see there being room for something very similar maybe an 8k progressive GTE. 

Thanks for standing in the firing line Tikay. 

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Gutted, seems to have been a great addition to the Sunday schedule, cannot see anyone who plays the roller not playing it (sat winners possibly) and would have been a big pull for other players as well. Mistakes happen, but can def see there being room for something very similar maybe an 8k progressive GTE.  Thanks for standing in the firing line Tikay. 
    Posted by omm
    Yes, in my notes to & from suitville, I did mention that it had attracted that rarest of beasts on a poker community -  warmth - & so perhaps there is some food for future thought.

However, if it were to run, it has to have sats, so today became an auto no-no.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS and beyond : Yes, in my notes to & from suitville, I did mention that it had attracted that rarest of beasts on a poker community -  warmth - & so perhaps there is some food for future thought. However, if it were to run, it has to have sats, so today became an auto no-no.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    An extra big tournament would be good on a Sunday but having a 33bh at 7.30 and one again at 8 could lead to liquidity issues. Maybe one slightly earlier might attract people onto the site a bit earlier than normal? The "suits" would be the ones know about traffic at say 6.30 for a 33bh (or a 22 or 33 deep) to know whether the idea is just a non starter given numbers on the site at that time for this sort of tournament. 
  • edited November 2015

Thanks Matthew.

Answering your questions in the order asked,.......

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes.

:)

Certainly good food for thought, thank you.