You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this site is a joke

Comments

• edited July 2009
    If you can't take it stop playing poker, not having a go but being serious. If you can't deal with it or believe it's a fix then stop playing it.
  • edited July 2009

If a hand involving Quads gets to the River, it's pretty much nailed on that the Oppo has a House.

Anyway, I gotta get on.

Great to see all the Members on here collectively trying to cool the threads. Proper Community stuff, that.

Anyway, I gotta get on. And a PC failure out here means I just lost a blog which was 95% complete. Pfft. It's rigged, I tell ya.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke:
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : If you do Tikay can you do arange for it to take place in the old GWR sheds at southall  then it would be the closest tourney sky have set up for me .... if not southall i hear the diesel shed in Didcot is free next week....
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Used to know them well - my Dad was based at 81A - Old Oak Common, near Paddington.
  • edited July 2009
    Yup Hornby 00... sold the lot though for hundreds !

Private tourney in the event of no Tour in the next year or so sounds good.

I have managed through the dark arts of persuasion and blatant blackmail to get my partner to start playing. She is now addicted and loves poker. So hopefull we can both try to qualify for future events.

When you back presenting TK?
    Dave
  • edited July 2009
    Yup Hornby 00... sold the lot though for hundreds ! Private tourney in the event of no Tour in the next year or so sounds good. I have managed through the dark arts of persuasion and blatant blackmail to get my partner to start playing. She is now addicted and loves poker. So hopefull we can both try to qualify for future events. When you back presenting TK? Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Suppoed to be tomorrow Dave (Monday) but Will messed that up, so I'll not be home until Tuesday now.

I'm doing Thuesday's Five-00 with Orford, PTP on Friday, am at The Vic on Sunday with In-Poker, then Shows on Monday, Thursday & Friday, & PTP on Wednesday, the following week. Can't wait - I miss the Live Shows & PTP very much.

For the pedant police, I am an Analyst, not a Presenter. Orford is a Presenter. The Analyst needs to have a basic knowledge of poker, whereas the Presenter......
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : Suppoed to be tomorrow Dave (Monday) but Will messed that up, so I'll not be home until Tuesday now. I'm doing Thuesday's Five-00 with Orford, PTP on Friday, am at The Vic on Sunday with In-Poker, then Shows on Monday, Thursday & Friday, & PTP on Wednesday, the following week. Can't wait - I miss the Live Shows & PTP very much. For the pedant police, I am an Analyst, not a Presenter. Orford is a Presenter. The Analyst needs to have a basic knowledge of poker, whereas the Presenter......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Excellent, looking forward to the banter on Thursday night. Should be about but maybe playing at my local pub for the poker league there. Not played live for ages, wonder if it will differ from online?!
  • edited July 2009
    For the pedant police, I am an Analyst, not a Presenter. Orford is a Presenter. The Analyst needs to have a basic knowledge of poker, whereas the Presenter......
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...carries the analyst?
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...is much better looking?
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    ... was born in the twentieth century?
  • edited July 2009

Wears the trousers?
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...has a basic knowledge of when he's walking around in public without any kegs on?
  • edited July 2009
    Kirstii, what does the first sentence say? If you cant read then i apologise. In future please read all of the paragraph not just the bits you want to. TK the hard bit of reading the hands was all 3 times they had pocket pair and paired the board witch gave them quads and me FH. My reason for saying the site is a joke is that it happened 3 times in 5 tournies, It just dont happen, they were 4 stt and 1 mtt. But like i said, you can bet your bottom dollar that someone has seen it. My cat is blacker than yours ect.  
  • edited July 2009
    @olcksnot poker so again, do 1.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    how much u want 4 ur log?
  • edited July 2009
    If you can't take it stop playing poker, not having a go but being serious. If you can't deal with it or believe it's a fix then stop playing it.
    Posted by kirstii
    my god i 'LOL' so hard at your posts, i played a sit and go on the same table as you, a guy sucked out on you and you were moaning and moaning and having a go at the guy, why? its not serious is it? :)
  • edited July 2009
    Oh Yes hurst, i remember, thats when i went allin with QQ? He called with 96 off suit if i remember correctly and hit a double gut shot straight. MMMMM top quality poker i'm sure you will agree. 
  • edited July 2009
    Oh Yes hurst, i remember, thats when i went allin with QQ? He called with 96 off suit if i remember correctly and hit a double gut shot straight. MMMMM top quality poker i'm sure you will agree. 
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    my post was in reply to kirstii lol
  • edited July 2009
    LOL ok with apologies
  • edited July 2009
    @olcksnot poker so again, do 1.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    SOUNDS LIKE U R NOT PLAYING AA RIGHT? JUST GO ALL IN,
  • edited July 2009
    I'm happy enough, I cracked aces 17 times out of 19 with junk in the past week. Boooooooom!
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    THATS BECAUSE U DONT PLAY POKER AND DONT KNOW HOW TO,DONT KNOW ODDS AND WHEN TO FOLD,ONLY WAY U WIN IS GETTING LUCKY,TIPACIAL SKY POKER PLAYER CLOWN,PPL ONLY PLAY SKY FOR FUN AND A GAMBLE, WANT TO PLAY REAL POKER GO ELES WHERE
  • edited July 2009
    £20 mtt £100 grtd ha ha ha ha lol he he ha ha,tk said ppl where laughing at us when started? there not laughing at us now? ha ha ha ha he lol yes we r
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to this site is a joke:

Funny but just played elsewhere and someone had the same moan about that site. It does even out but some players are poor losers.
    It is just bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Dont say it will even its self out because it dont. 1 good day 5 bad one's, bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Nothing but a con and a fix.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
  • edited July 2009
    Mate this site favours the fish!!! I know because I am one!!

When I first started on here at the beginning of the year, I built my bank roll up really quickly (by my standards) by basically putting bad beats on the fine honest poker players that frequent this site. I thought to myself this is easy pickings I could earn a few quid here.

So I bought loads of books sky plus'd all poker shows listened to the fine fine experts on sky poker to improve my game and win more dosh!

However, as I started to understand the game a 'bit' more, I played every spare minute I could even cashing in a few featured tourney's. I even played against the GREAT TK in one of them!!

I thought I was playing better poker but I went broke very quickly by losing to the fish! (of course I was no longer just a fish, I'd read books...) I suffered bad beat after bad beat etc etc. (nothing to do with my bad play or reads)

I was through with poker. It's a stupid game. Waste of time and money and besides I'd forgotten what my wife and kids looked like and the dog was putting on weight!! 

I've had about a month off (til pay day) before starting to play again. In the interim I had a quick look at my account and realised that I was just playing far toooo much! I'd ignored all the advice I'd read about; picking times to play when your'e relaxed with no distractions etc.

In the end I was expecting bad beats even calling down opponents hands that I was saying out loud that they couldn't possibly have but inevitably did or if not, made them on the river!

I've read that some software picks out new players and gives them more winning hands but if I believed that then there's no point in continuing to play online and I'd stick to live games and worry about card marking and dodgy dealing instead.

If you want to avoid so many bad beats just observe the table more closely and don't enter pots against obvious fish. If you just have to enter, try controlling the pot and don't get greedy! Pick them off slowly! There's always someone out there who fancies a gamble just make sure it's not against you. 

Hope you're off tilt by now but if I meet you on a table and give you a bad beat I apologise in advance!!

• edited July 2009
    [Qate this site favours the fish!!! I know because I am one!! When I first started on here at the beginning of the year, I built my bank roll up really quickly (by my standards) by basically putting bad beats on the fine honest poker players that frequent this site. I thought to myself this is easy pickings I could earn a few quid here. So I bought loads of books sky plus'd all poker shows listened to the fine fine experts on sky poker to improve my game and win more dosh! However, as I started to understand the game a 'bit' more, I played every spare minute I could even cashing in a few featured tourney's. I even played against the GREAT TK in one of them!! I thought I was playing better poker but I went broke very quickly by losing to the fish! (of course I was no longer just a fish, I'd read books...)  I suffered bad beat after bad beat etc etc. (nothing to do with my bad play or reads) I was through with poker. It's a stupid game. Waste of time and money and besides I'd forgotten what my wife and kids looked like and the dog was putting on weight!!  I've had about a month off (til pay day) before starting to play again. In the interim I had a quick look at my account and realised that I was just playing far toooo much! I'd ignored all the advice I'd read about; picking times to play when your'e relaxed with no distractions etc. In the end I was expecting bad beats even calling down opponents hands that I was saying out loud that they couldn't possibly have but inevitably did or if not, made them on the river! I've read that some software picks out new players and gives them more winning hands but if I believed that then there's no point in continuing to play online and I'd stick to live games and worry about card marking and dodgy dealing instead. If you want to avoid so many bad beats just observe the table more closely and don't enter pots against obvious fish. If you just  have to enter, try controlling the pot and don't get greedy! Pick them off slowly! There's always someone out there who fancies a gamble just make sure it's not against you.  Hope you're off tilt by now but if I meet you on a table and give you a bad beat I apologise in advance!!  
    Posted by SpongeDoug

good advice mate ty
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : [Qate this site favours the fish!!! I know because I am one!! When I first started on here at the beginning of the year, I built my bank roll up really quickly (by my standards) by basically putting bad beats on the fine honest poker players that frequent this site. I thought to myself this is easy pickings I could earn a few quid here. So I bought loads of books sky plus'd all poker shows listened to the fine fine experts on sky poker to improve my game and win more dosh! However, as I started to understand the game a 'bit' more, I played every spare minute I could even cashing in a few featured tourney's. I even played against the GREAT TK in one of them!! I thought I was playing better poker but I went broke very quickly by losing to the fish! (of course I was no longer just a fish, I'd read books...)  I suffered bad beat after bad beat etc etc. (nothing to do with my bad play or reads) I was through with poker. It's a stupid game. Waste of time and money and besides I'd forgotten what my wife and kids looked like and the dog was putting on weight!!  I've had about a month off (til pay day) before starting to play again. In the interim I had a quick look at my account and realised that I was just playing far toooo much! I'd ignored all the advice I'd read about; picking times to play when your'e relaxed with no distractions etc. In the end I was expecting bad beats even calling down opponents hands that I was saying out loud that they couldn't possibly have but inevitably did or if not, made them on the river! I've read that some software picks out new players and gives them more winning hands but if I believed that then there's no point in continuing to play online and I'd stick to live games and worry about card marking and dodgy dealing instead. If you want to avoid so many bad beats just observe the table more closely and don't enter pots against obvious fish. If you just  have to enter, try controlling the pot and don't get greedy! Pick them off slowly! There's always someone out there who fancies a gamble just make sure it's not against you.  Hope you're off tilt by now but if I meet you on a table and give you a bad beat I apologise in advance!!   Posted by SpongeDoug
    good advice mate ty
    Posted by facup

thats why sky needs big grtd mtts with play? the more all ins= more bad beats,sky 6 seats less play, blinds come around faster,more cards in deck and so on, its like sky r saying if u dont like it go play on site with better play mtts and better vaule for money,shame skypoker could be the biggest uk poker site,if they knew how to run things? for 1 chat banning me 4 life for saying idiot on ptp cash table, back here again give it another go
  • edited July 2009
    and another thing,when i got my chat banned tk got me ejected from my seat on ptp cash table for using my full time bar in protest for my chat bann,what other site would eject u for using your time bar? iam just 1 irish person with no say and not in the sky poker click,and i only play mtts not much rake for them there? then i got 3 dumb phone calls from sky on 3 diffrent days, saying if i put anymore messages on my lolcation saying chat bann 4 life 4 saying idiot, my account would be closed,because they know they where wrong,and no one will chat to me about the matter?
  • edited July 2009
    If you REALLY believe that then why continue to play here? I just got busted out of a BH by a joker calling my 4xBB raise with Q9 and then hitting a straight on the flop against my AJ when the board was jack high. It hurts and its annoying but its poker. There are so many stories of similar bad beats in both live poker and other sites. Its not just this site, its not just the next site, its not just online poker, its not just live poker. Its just poker. Thats the way of the game - accept it and play but, if you cant accept it, then you are better off playing a non luck related game.
    Posted by dowzer
    lol....erm, i dont think this would have been as bad-a beat.
    All in preflop he would still have had a 35% chance, im not
    going to say "why didnt u fold"
    I win at poker, then lose at skyvegas....i think this place
    is fixed big time. i have a few 20p bets on the cricket,
    if i win £2 odd, play poker, place and then a tenner on
    skyvegas turns into £20 1 in every 10 times, but never
    any higher.....it feels limited, restricted.....tight!!!
    theres no point in increasing the bet size is there? if
    its an inevitable losing spin
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : ...has a basic knowledge of when he's walking around in public without any kegs on?
    Posted by RichOrford
    That Orford bloke is a pr?ck aswell, just seems in on something.
    i wonder if that something just happens to be fraud, lies and
    bad religion? skybet is sh?T
  • edited July 2009
    Wears the trousers?
    Posted by Tikay10
    had fun being beat by trolls lately?
    i ate healthily today as always and
    did some sprinting....maybe best
    to just only take the leaves outta
    ma eating habits.
  • edited July 2009

Big well done to SPONGEDOUG what a fantastic post!!!

Definately one of the best posts i have read on this site !!!

Someone who actually talks sense :)

• edited July 2009
    Well I sigh each time it happens, is it the site to blame or just me for going all in with my aces in the first place?

I have learnt one thing, don't go all in unless you are possitive your hand can't be beat. A good player should be able to fold a good hand and get on with the next one. A bad player will always moan when they get beat by a lower starting hand.

That my philosiphy, it works for me so lets play Sky Poker! and enjoy it.