You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this site is a joke

124»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke:
    I like big butts and I can not lie, the baddest beats are exclusive to sky..... Please feel free to add the next line :-)
    Posted by Rattious
    Nope
  • edited January 2010
    I GET BAD  BEATS BUT WILL NOT COMPLAIN ANYMORE ABOUT THEM (MAINLY FOR MY OWN SANITY) AND NOW I TAKE THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH BUT MY POINT IS THIS.

PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ALREADY HAVE A HAND OF SORTS SUCH AS TRIPS OR TWO PAIR. THE OTHER PLAYER HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OR A LOWER HAND AND CAN ONLY WIN WITH A 30 ODD TO ONE SHOT ON THE TURN. THEN SPLAT!!!! THEIR MIRACLE RIVER CARD IS THERE. THATS POKER OR LUCK, FINE.

SEAGULL USED AN EXAMPLE OF A ROULETTE WHEEL (HE SAW HIMSELF) SPINNING BLACK 12X ON THE TROT. BUT WHAT IF HE WENT AND SAW EXACTLY THAT HAPPEN AGAIN THE NEXT NIGHT AND THE NEXT AND NEXT? WOULD HE NOT RAISE AN EYEBROW OR SAY ANYTHING TO ANYONE. WHAT IF IT WAS A COMPUTER GENERATED WHEEL AND HE HAD BET RED ON ALL THEM SPINS? WOULD ANYONE NOT BE TEMPTED TO SHOUT FIX AND HAVE A SWEAR AT HIS/HER COMPUTER AFTER FREAK LUCK LIKE THAT.

IF YOU BET ON A FOOTY TEAM OR A HORSE AT ODDS OF 1/20 OR SO YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR QUID WITHOUT A DOUBT BUT IT WOULD BE VERY RARE INDEED.

I SEE BAD BEATS A FEW TIMES AN HOUR WHILE PLAYING ON -LINE EITHER IN MY FAVOUR BECAUSE THE STAKES HAVE BEEN KEPT LOW SO I AM CHASING/GAMBLING MYSELF ON THE RIVER OR SOMEONE ELSE BENEFITS.

IT IS THE ASTONISHING FREQUENCY OF THIS HAPPENING AT ALL TO ANYONE THAT GETS PEOPLE BEEFING ON HERE. IT DEFINATELY HAPPENS A LOT. WAY WAY WAY MORE THAN LIVE GAMES AND I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE WHO PLAYS REGULARLY CAN DENY IT.

IS IT A GLITCH IN THE DEALING SOFTWARE OR SOME OTHER COMPUTER RELATED PROBLEM? I DONT THINK ANYONE CAN EXPLAIN IT.

YOU CANT JUST DODGE THE ISSUE BY SAYING THAT COMPLAINERS ARE "ACCUSING SKY OF CHEATING OR FIXING THE CARDS" ALTHOUGH IT IS WELL OUT OF ORDER TO BLAME SKY AND IS UNJUSTIFIED AND IS PRETTY DESPERATE TO DO SO.

GETTING STUFFED BY AN OCCASIONAL 24  CARAT GOLD DIAMOND ENCRUSTED RIVER CARD IS OK EVERY NOW AND AGAIN IN AN EXPECTED AND ACCEPTED FREQUENCY NOT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

PLEASE CUT SOME SLACK TO PEOPLE WHO THIS HAPPENS TO AND DONT CALL THEM BORING OR STUPID AND INSULT THEM BECAUSE IT HAPPENS A LOT SOMETIMES AND THEY ARE KETTLE BOILING MAD WHEN THEY WRITE THEIR POST.

I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I DID IT AND REGRETTED IT GREATLY THEN APOLOGISED FOR MY FINGER POINTING AND WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

THERE ARE OCCASIONALLY SOME HOLIER THAN THOU PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO OBVIOUSLY HAVE NEVER CALLED ANYTHING A FIX IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE EVER WHEN THEY HAVE LOST SOME MONEY....................................I THINK NOT SOMEHOW.

• edited January 2010
    223 million hands have been dealt on SkyPoker. The numbers of hands played on some other online poker sites are just staggering.
    You will see every kind of bad beat frequently given that number of hands.
    That is why people tend to see more remarkable things online than they do live.
    A huge number of inexperienced players play online - that is why you see some of the more remarkable plays.
    We all had to start somewhere and just about everyone chooses to start online.

If people think about it logically and accept that this is the way that probability works, they will enjoy their poker much more.
    It is a natural inclination for people to look around for things to blame when "luck" goes against them. It does no-one any good to reinforce this mind-set.

For remarkable odds in "real world" situations, consider the reckless gambler who bet £4400 at 1/100 on the Angolan football team that were 4-0 up with 11 minutes to play recently. He lost his bet after Mali came back to draw. Strange things happen in real life too.
  • edited January 2010
    223 million hands have been dealt on SkyPoker. The numbers of hands played on some other online poker sites are just staggering. You will see every kind of bad beat frequently given that number of hands. That is why people tend to see more remarkable things online than they do live. A huge number of inexperienced players play online - that is why you see some of the more remarkable plays. We all had to start somewhere and just about everyone chooses to start online. If people think about it logically and accept that this is the way that probability works, they will enjoy their poker much more. It is a natural inclination for people to look around for things to blame when "luck" goes against them. It does no-one any good to reinforce this mind-set. For remarkable odds in "real world" situations, consider the reckless gambler who bet £4400 at 1/100 on the Angolan football team that were 4-0 up with 11 minutes to play recently. He lost his bet after Mali came back to draw. Strange things happen in real life too.

EXACTLY MY POINT.

FIRSTLY YOU COULD TRAWL THE FOOTBALLING ARCHIVES UNTIL YOU WEAR YOUR FINGERS OUT AND YOU WILL NOT FIND THE LIKE IN 200,000 GAMES OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL, SO THE ODDS ARE JUSTIFIED WITH THE FREQUENCY AND THE LIKELYHOOD OF LOOSING.

SECONDLY I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT PEOPLE SHOULD ACCEPT THAT IT HAPPENS AND TRY TO THINK LOGICALLY AND AS A RESULT OF ACCEPTING IT THEY WILL ENJOY THEIR POKER A WHOLE LOT MORE.

YOUR POST IS SO MUCH MORE CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELPFUL TO SOME AGGRIEVED PLAYER THAT IS ANGRY AFTER BEING SUCKED OUT BY A FEW BAD BEATS AS OPPOSED TO TELLING THEM TO BOG OFF ELSEWHERE BECAUSE THEY ARE BORING.
    Posted by MereNovice
  • edited January 2010
    You will see every kind of bad beat frequently.  It does no-one any good to reinforce this mind-set.

WHY CONTINUE TO PLAY HERE
    YAWN
    SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF WHINGERS
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO ANOTHER SITE
    SHUT UP
    TAKE UP CHECKERS
    STOP PLAYING

GENERALLY RIDICULED, INSULTED AND MADE FUN OF!!!!!

DO THESE COMMENTS DO ANYONE ANYONE ANY GOOD EITHER? I HAVENT NOTICED YOUR FAST REPLIES TO THESE PEARLS OF CONSTRUCTIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND WISDOM YET? WHAT ABOUT THIS KIND OF MINDSET?

I WAS JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT WHY PEOPLE GET MAD WHILE AT THE SAME TIME APPEALING TO THEM NOT TO. I WAS ALSO APPEALING TO PEOPLE TO HAVE A BIT MORE CHARITY AND REMEMBER THAT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US HAS GOT A BIT "MIFFED" AT LEAST ONCE WHILE GAMBLING.

LIKE YOU HAVE ADMITTED (GLAD SOMEONE HAS AT LAST) BAD BEATS ARE FREQUENTLY SEEN. EXACTLY WHAT I SAID THANKS, AND EXACTLY WHY PEOPLE WILL STILL COME ON HERE AND HAVE A GO. THAT TOO HAS TO BE ACCEPTED.

PLEASE, I DONT WANT TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE BUT I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU DID NOT REFER TO MY OPINION AS GOOD TO NO-ONE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT REPLICATE YOUR OWN.

I THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEEDY.

• edited January 2010
    You will see every kind of bad beat frequently.  It does no-one any good to reinforce this mind-set.

WHY CONTINUE TO PLAY HERE YAWN SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF WHINGERS IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO ANOTHER SITE SHUT UP TAKE UP CHECKERS STOP PLAYING GENERALLY RIDICULED, INSULTED AND MADE FUN OF!!!!! DO THESE COMMENTS DO ANYONE ANYONE ANY GOOD EITHER? I HAVENT NOTICED YOUR FAST REPLIES TO THESE PEARLS OF CONSTRUCTIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND WISDOM YET? WHAT ABOUT THIS KIND OF MINDSET? I WAS JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT WHY PEOPLE GET MAD WHILE AT THE SAME TIME APPEALING TO THEM NOT TO. I WAS ALSO APPEALING TO PEOPLE TO HAVE A BIT MORE CHARITY AND REMEMBER THAT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US HAS GOT A BIT "MIFFED" AT LEAST ONCE WHILE GAMBLING. LIKE YOU HAVE ADMITTED (GLAD SOMEONE HAS AT LAST) BAD BEATS ARE FREQUENTLY SEEN. EXACTLY WHAT I SAID THANKS, AND EXACTLY WHY PEOPLE WILL STILL COME ON HERE AND HAVE A GO. THAT TOO HAS TO BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE, I DONT WANT TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE BUT I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU DID NOT REFER TO MY OPINION AS GOOD TO NO-ONE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT REPLICATE YOUR OWN. I THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEEDY.  
    Posted by AIRWALKER

It is fine to get "miffed".
    It is not a good thing that people post on this forum that their opponents are muppets, chancers and idiots.

Everyone has a right to play poker the way that they wish without being abused, either at the table or in the forum.
    In my view, although both are unacceptable, it is probably worse to abuse on the forum because it is, clearly, not a "heat of the moment" reaction if it is posted on the forum. Also, it is "permanent" and is read by a much larger audience than comments at a table.

I think that we are agreeing that bad-beats happen. Indeed they should happen (over a long period of time) in approximately the ratio that the probability indicates that they will. If this did not happen then the game would indeed be "rigged". People should accept this and repeatedly posting about it on the forum is tiresome.

People who cannot accept the variance of poker would indeed be better served by playing a game more suited to their temperament. Personally, I enjoy playing chess but checkers is also a fine game. I also enjoy playing bridge but have learned to accept that the cards will not always be dealt in my favour. Scrabble is also fun but can be bit of a challenge if we select 7 consonants.

It is a cruel fact of poker (like life) that things do not always work in our favour. It is how we accept these adversities that determines how well we cope with poker (or life). I would have hoped that people can realise that poker is a "mere bagatelle" and we should accept it as such. It is a game played for enjoyment and if we do not enjoy it we should do something else.

Charity is indeed one of the great human virtues but I tend to reserve it for those that truly deserve it. People who cannot accept it when they have lost a game are not really "charity cases" and I believe that it would be patronising to treat them as such.

I'm not sure that I've ever advised someone to play on another site but it would seem to be reasonable advice to any of the conspiracy theorists that believe that the game is rigged against them. Since the game is not rigged, there appears to be no other resolution to their problems unless they can learn to accept that their theories are delusional.

I certainly did not intend to imply that your opinion was "good to no-one" and I apologise if that is what you believe I wrote. You clearly feel very strongly about this matter. Can I suggest that you PM me if you wish to continue this debate and I will he happy to respond to all of your points as best as I can.
    I believe that it would be better to address your comments in "private" rather than on a public forum.
  • edited January 2010
    Nice post mere.Just for the record i am a crib player myself and have played for more than 25 years.Some days if you are only playing 1 vs 1 i have lost virtually every game as my oppo has had so many 12s and 24s in their hands it cannot be competed with.Now with shuffling after every hand ,alternate dealing and the cutting of the deck b4 each game you would think that the oppo would eventually start to get bad hands,but they dont.Another form of variance but i could no way infer my oppo was cheating could i?.dav
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : Posted by MereNovice
    Thank you very much Mere. Will do. I just think that the origional poster got ganged up on a bit and even though i dont know him, i was trying to defend him. That is what i felt strongly about.

I do not accept insulting people at all ( exept politicians and Kerry Katona lol ) and i dont think it is correct or in order to call any sky gaming deliberately rigged.

I made that clear but just for the record wanted to do so again.
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah - No-one ever wins anything.
    Posted by SoLack
    how can u calm down on this site its a joke. we want our leader bigbutts back on
  • edited January 2010
    Nice post mere.Just for the record i am a crib player myself and have played for more than 25 years.Some days if you are only playing 1 vs 1 i have lost virtually every game as my oppo has had so many 12s and 24s in their hands it cannot be competed with.Now with shuffling after every hand ,alternate dealing and the cutting of the deck b4 each game you would think that the oppo would eventually start to get bad hands,but they dont.Another form of variance but i could no way infer my oppo was cheating could i?.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    bring back bigbutts hel sort sky out. im gettin a patition started, we ewant him back!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    you sound like bullyfish used too......oops   thats me aint it  LOL    area 51 for you sir     goodbye
    Posted by bullyfish
    phil12uk wat u doin in area 51. u dont belong in hear u mug.. u belong in the gullible sky players forum. so off u go now.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to this site is a joke : Am I to assume you've had the odd bad beat? - Haven't  we all mate. Oris it possble that sometimes,like me,that it's the way you play he hand? LOL
    Posted by bazzer61
    spot on bullyfish, your post sums this site up m8
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke :
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    hi all im new 2 this site, i think im 1 of the lucky ones. by the sounds of it a few of you av been gettin stung 4 a while now.. iv got to say that the poker softwer and the cards i see on the tables is not far off disgracefull. thers so many people complaining about it. wich tells me something must be done about it,,iv played on coral poker b4 and thought nothing is as bad as that. but i was wrong. SKY beats coral hands down lol. wat iv seen on sky is just wrong.. shouldnt happen. only in fairytails. i can see me closing my account withing the week so good luck 2 u all though. oh ye b4 i go,, AIRWALKER i think you need to stop sniffing glue pall.   ps,, i cant spell for s--t, good luck to you all... lol coz yr realy and i mean realy gonna need it..
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : Nope
    Posted by torryboy
    airwalker CANT U CUT A LONG STORY SHORT,, YOUR SO BORRRRRRRRIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : airwalker CANT U CUT A LONG STORY SHORT,, YOUR SO BORRRRRRRRIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Posted by bifterboy9
    You dont even know me so why insult me?

bye bye and good luck
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : airwalker CANT U CUT A LONG STORY SHORT,, YOUR SO BORRRRRRRRIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Posted by bifterboy9
    u think that was insulting lol. i can do insult no problem..im just saying u could put a glass eye to sleep with yr waffling on. but good luck 2 you anyways, see ya
  • edited January 2010
    n Response to Re: this site is a joke:
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : u think that was insulting lol. i can do insult no problem..im just saying u could put a glass eye to sleep with yr waffling on. but good luck 2 you anyways, see ya
    Posted by bifterboy9
    Cheers Mr Spliff. I will try really hard in the future to be as clever, funny and interesting as you.

Wow what a guy.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : u think that was insulting lol. i can do insult no problem..im just saying u could put a glass eye to sleep with yr waffling on. but good luck 2 you anyways, see ya
    Posted by bifterboy9
    lol wat a gi mp u r airwalker. ur full of it clown, u sit ther little sad mad typing away all day posting the most boring posts wev ever read. get yourself a life little man. get yourself out the house brush yr hair get a wash meet people, more to life than poker sad lil man,,,, you realy dont get out much do you... hahahahahahahahahahahah lolololololol thats me laughing in your ugly face..     mmmmmm   wonder wat wit youl try this time. lol wat a muppet
  • edited January 2010
    n Response to Re: this site is a joke : Cheers Mr Spliff. I will try really hard in the future to be as clever, funny and interesting as you. Wow what a guy.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    whos mr spliff????   lolololololol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : whos mr spliff????   lolololololol
    Posted by zxghostxz
    I was being dogged off a bit for being boring and a glue sniffer ( which is well funny i admit )

but this bloke accusing me of sniffing glue is called 'Bifter' which is another name for a spliff.

hmmmm so who was off who's face.

Think he was right though, i thought my post was a bit boring myself lolol.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : whos mr spliff????   lolololololol
    Posted by zxghostxz
    all in good nature thou,, this is area 51. glad you see the funny side airways.... keep an eye out for that ghoste. and good luck, bifter as in white bifter not the brown iff u no wat i mean lol gl m8 and you post away
  • edited January 2010
    lol sorry aiwalker. dont no wer i got airways from
  • edited January 2010
    223 million hands have been dealt on SkyPoker. The numbers of hands played on some other online poker sites are just staggering. You will see every kind of bad beat frequently given that number of hands. That is why people tend to see more remarkable things online than they do live. A huge number of inexperienced players play online - that is why you see some of the more remarkable plays. We all had to start somewhere and just about everyone chooses to start online. If people think about it logically and accept that this is the way that probability works, they will enjoy their poker much more. It is a natural inclination for people to look around for things to blame when "luck" goes against them. It does no-one any good to reinforce this mind-set. For remarkable odds in "real world" situations, consider the reckless gambler who bet £4400 at 1/100 on the Angolan football team that were 4-0 up with 11 minutes to play recently. He lost his bet after Mali came back to draw. Strange things happen in real life too.
    Posted by MereNovice
    erm ok, but did u know someone had bet 1000 us dollars on a 4,4 draw on bet fair ,at 4-0 down coincidently at 250-1
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : erm ok, but did u know someone had bet 1000 us dollars on a 4,4 draw on bet fair ,at 4-0 down coincidently at 250-1
    Posted by djblacke04
    No, I didn't know that.
    Do you know that?
    How much do you think that it costs to rig a match with that high a profile?
    Coincidentally, I've never seen Betfair offer odds on a correct score of 4-4.
    In my experience, 3-3 is the highest score for which they offer odds and "correct score" markets are suspended at kick-off.
    I'd be delighted to hear any deep insight into this scam that you would be willing to share with us.