You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this site is a joke

Comments

• edited July 2009
      T HE WAY TO DEAL WITH BAD BEATS , IS TO REALIZE THAT MOST OF THE PLAYERS DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FINER POINTS OF THE GAME , THEREFOR TREAT EVERY GAME AS IF YOUR PLAYING WITH A BUNCH OF DRUNKS WHO ARE LIABLE TO CALL WITH ANY THING, EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE A TOP HAND, AGAINST SUCH ''PLAYERS'' YOUR BETTER OFF PLAYING THE NUTS SLOW( GOING TO THE RIVER ) AND TAKING THEM OUT, RATHER THAN GAMBLING EARLY ON, NOING THEIR LIABLE TO GO ALL IN WITH RUBBISH , CONCEQUENCE THEY HIT YOU GO OUT
  • edited July 2009
      T HE WAY TO DEAL WITH BAD BEATS , IS TO REALIZE THAT MOST OF THE PLAYERS DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FINER POINTS OF THE GAME , THEREFOR TREAT EVERY GAME AS IF YOUR PLAYING WITH A BUNCH OF DRUNKS WHO ARE LIABLE TO CALL WITH ANY THING, EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE A TOP HAND, AGAINST SUCH ''PLAYERS'' YOUR BETTER OFF PLAYING THE NUTS SLOW( GOING TO THE RIVER ) AND TAKING THEM OUT, RATHER THAN GAMBLING EARLY ON, NOING THEIR LIABLE TO GO ALL IN WITH RUBBISH , CONCEQUENCE THEY HIT YOU GO OUT
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke:
    Posted by F-B-I
    100% SPOT ON
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by F-B-I
    totally agree,u just play bad players diffrent,but thats hard to do on sky where blinds go up so fast on short handed tables,afther half hour on mtt sky its all in pre flop or flop,no room for play? thats why i play on a poker site now, i think sky poker is the only site to get hit by the credit crunch, 1k week fr=£500=250,,, vel=2k=1750=1k 800bh=750=500, they ruined most of there mtts replacing them with bounty hunters ruining the prize pools
  • edited August 2009
    i got a bad beat playing DARTS!!!!---opponent needed double top ---he hit the back of a dart in the treble 20 --it went up in the air and landed in the bottom wire of the double top!!_______________FIXED IT IS!

seriously tho--if anyone wants to play without any bad beats--just try only playing 23 24 25 62  72 28 53 63 73 54 64  65  75 and 76 allin when you need to double up--i did it and never got one bad beat--it was brilliant!!--never looked back since!!
  • edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    I'm happy enough, I cracked aces 17 times out of 19 with junk in the past week. Boooooooom!
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    Another great helpful post from you. I have read many of your posts and the main idea of them seems to be that you are out to annoy people. Do you think this post was of any interest to the original poster, I think not.
    Anyway if you could tell me what limits in cash or tournies you play because I would love to know. I will come and have a game with you because man do I love busting players like you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • edited August 2009
    Congratulations on being completely humourless dunn80.
    What's this? The standard 'if you're so good come and play me heads up'?
    ROFL

PS, Boom!
  • edited August 2009
    Heads up 4 rollzzzzzz dunn?
  • edited August 2009
    Congratulations on being completely humourless dunn80. What's this? The standard 'if you're so good come and play me heads up'? ROFL PS, Boom!
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    Your think your comments are funny? Hillarious, yep real funny!
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : Your think your comments are funny? Hillarious, yep real funny!
    Posted by dunn80
    They make me laugh :)
  • edited August 2009
    Guys, shall we quit with the personal abuse, before the Mods get on the case? Calling fellow Members "idiots" ain't gonna be well received upstairs, & it's just a game, poker. I actually drove this - the picture was taken at Old Oak Common Shed. It's a 2-6-2 Tank Engine - as you can clearly see - & we used to cal them "tunner wunners". I don't really know why. Weaher's been nice today, too. Grass needs cutting, though.
    Posted by Tikay10

was it when you were a teenager?

sry
    toby

• edited August 2009
    my advice to all you conspiracy theorists,

500 people playing do you feel lucky?

are you destined for glory?

not every day!!!!

i reckon the best players on here hit maybe 1 in every 200 games for a big win,

sure you get streaks,but normal pker players with a degree of skill should expect to make the money at least 1 in 10 games......if you start with this,then maybe you are setting yourself an achieveable target.......dont try and amass the largest stack ,make some moves and get a few in behind.......

even the worst of bad beats before the flop is 18% that means you going to lose almost 1 in 5

try playing the Double your money tournements in sit an go,that is where the majority of the better players have learned ,how to play a 6 player table more efficiently...

you dont have to play for massive amounts to learn the game....

good luck

toby
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : They make me laugh :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    + 1
     Chompy is a legend innit
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : + 1  Chompy is a legend innit
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    If you think his posts are funny or helpful, my advice would be you should get out more. Oh yeah I forgot you sit in every night in front of your computer playing this site innit.
  • edited August 2009
    my advice to all you conspiracy theorists, 500 people playing do you feel lucky? are you destined for glory? not every day!!!! i reckon the best players on here hit maybe 1 in every 200 games for a big win, sure you get streaks,but normal pker players with a degree of skill should expect to make the money at least 1 in 10 games......if you start with this,then maybe you are setting yourself an achieveable target.......dont try and amass the largest stack ,make some moves and get a few in behind....... even the worst of bad beats before the flop is 18% that means you going to lose almost 1 in 5 try playing the Double your money tournements in sit an go,that is where the majority of the better players have learned ,how to play a 6 player table more efficiently... you dont have to play for massive amounts to learn the game.... good luck toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    Good post mate
  • edited August 2009
    To be fair Hoggers, humourless gimboid as dunn80 may be, he's got your measure...
  • edited August 2009
    what a tremendous post
     I read it from top to bottom  ( why i asked myself  )  i thought the post was describing me
    once again very good reading
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to this site is a joke : Funny but just played elsewhere and someone had the same moan about that site. It does even out but some players are poor losers.
    Posted by tiercel
    what a tremendous post
     I read it from top to bottom  ( why i asked myself  )  i thought the post was describing me
    once again very good reading
  • edited August 2009
    ....... even the worst of bad beats before the flop is 18% that means you going to lose almost 1 in 5
    Posted by djblacke04
    That's not actually true.
    The worst bad beat would be a hand like Kh2c beating KcKd.
    The KK would be about 94% favourite pre-flop, with another 1.5% chances of a split.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : If you think his posts are funny or helpful, my advice would be you should get out more. Oh yeah I forgot you sit in every night in front of your computer playing this site innit.
    Posted by dunn80
    I have met Chompy in person and he is a gentleman. To meet him involved leaving the house and playing a live tournament. With regard to Chompy being funny/helpful, he is both imo. If you dont like his posts, please press the "Ignore Chompy" button. I'm sure he wont mind.
  • edited August 2009
    please allow me to correct you bossbox---this is a poker site----this is a joke---whats brown and sounds like a bell?---- DUNG---I hope this has cleared up the matter for you--gl at the tables
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to this site is a joke:
    It is just bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Dont say it will even its self out because it dont. 1 good day 5 bad one's, bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Nothing but a con and a fix.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    Am I to assume you've had the odd bad beat? - Haven't  we all mate.
    Oris it possble that sometimes,like me,that it's the way you play he hand? LOL
  • edited September 2009
    have gone all in short stacked with QJ suited 3 times today   every time on a flop of QJ2   have run into AA every time and river has been a 2 every time    ....      no software flaw?????  lol  lol  lol   yeah right
  • edited September 2009
    have gone all in short stacked with QJ suited 3 times today   every time on a flop of QJ2   have run into AA every time and river has been a 2 every time    ....      no software flaw?????  lol  lol  lol   yeah right
    Posted by bullyfish

Results orientated?
  • edited September 2009
    ive cracked it at long last....go in as a massive underdog and outdraw everyone else.....im cleaning up now, time to throw away those poker books....they know nuttin
  • edited November 2009
    Can't help but agree with BOSSBOX - The more I read through these forums the more bad I read about this site.

We all suffer bad beats and get on with it the best we can, but come on lets face it - it happens WAYYYYYYY to much on this site.

People say "it's only a game" but when you choose to play on a poker site, its a game of poker you want, not bingo, not snap, not constant bad beats and rivers to make you wish that you never deposited your hard earnt cash into your account.

After all, a game is not a game when money is involved.
  • edited December 2009
    some geezer just called my all in with q7 and hit trips i had ak, this was an hour into a tournament, i'm if this site is a joke or just fixed for "special players" like starrider for instance
  • edited December 2009
    I think it's starting to rub too many people up the wrong way with whats going on.
  • edited January 2010
    I like big butts and I can not lie,
    the baddest beats are exclusive to sky.....

Please feel free to add the next line :-)