You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The WSOP 2016 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2016
    WSOP14 - $1500 Millionaire Maker, NLH, Day 3 of 4, 7190 entries
    Fifteen players left to fight it out for the two million dollar prizes and one gold bracelet.
    Italian Alessio Dicesare is the big stack overnight, with a decent lead on nearest challenged Jason DeWitt who in turn is clear of Garrett Greer.

One "United Kingdom" listed player, Luke Brereton. Hendon Mob show him with a British flag but living in Naples, Florida and all his cashes after November 2012 are in the States.

Swede Sofia Lovgren is probably the best known of the remaining players (and probably the most searched for on Google Images)

WSOP16 - $10K 2-7 Draw Lowball Championship No Limit, Day 3 of 3, 100 entries
    Popular pro Jason Mercier took his fourth bracelet and his first at the $10K "Championship" event level.

He beat Canadian Mike Watson heads-up with Lamar Wilkinson third. British duo Benny Glaser and Stephen Chidwick took 5th ($62K) and 6th ($46K) respectively.

Somehow it just seems right that a player from Florida wins a bracelet at the moment.

WSOP17 - $1K NLH, Day 2 of 3, 2242 entrants
    This one is down to three tables and 24 players with Welshman Roberto Romanello doing very well in second place at the end of Day 2.

He trails just Danny Wong and has locked up just over $10K already.

Jamie Burland departed towards the end of the night in 33rd spot ($8312), one pay jump after the loss of David Stones ($6802) while Craig McCorkell, Stevie Watts, James Poulter, Richard Shiels and Gary Blackwood were eliminated earlier on Day 2.

WSOP18 - $3K HORSE, Day 2 of 3, 400 entrants
    Sixteen remain in contention, and again we have a Brit in second place, 2015 bracelet winner Gerald Ringe from London.

Adam Owen had yet another deep run for 20th, and the GB-resident Chris Bjorin 17th. I mistakenly thought Stu Rutter was in until quite late last night but that appears to have been an error in the chip listings as he is nowhere to be seen in the payout table.

The chip leader is Jared Talarico who according to Hendon Mob has only 4 lifetime recorded cashes, all at the WSOP, but his best result was in a HORSE event back in 2014 when he finished 9th for $14845.

Chino Rheem and Eli Elezra are also still involved

WSOP19 - $1K PLO, Day 1 of 3, 1106 entrants
    136 players move on to Day 2 and the biggest bag of chips is held by Michael Luong ahead of Troy Burkholder and Bart Dowling.

You have to look all the way down to 90th place to find a Union Jack, David Colin sits in that position (or for all I know it could just as easily by David Colin), Kevin Allen and John Gale (or maybe Allen Kevin and Gale John) are still in too.

Phil Laak who I don't seem to have mentioned much so far is through, as is Ismael Bojang, JC Tran, George Danzer and Jesse Sylvia, as is Colossus winner Benjamin Keeline.

WSOP20 - $10K 7 Card Razz Championship, Day 1 of 3, 100 entrants
    With the Championship events starting later in the day than other tournaments, a greater proportion of the field make Day 2, in this case 45%

David Benyamine is the chip leader, with a certan Phil Hellmuth (who only bought in right at the end of late reg), the defending Razz Champion chasing bracelet number 15 in second place.

Plenty of other big names close to the top as well, Brian Hastings, Aleksandr Denisov, Dzmitry Urbanovich, Jason Mercier (fresh from his win earler in the day), Mike Gorodinsky & Erik Seidel.

Two Finns (Jyri Merivirta & Jussi Nevanlinna, with names like that they really only could be from Finland) are well-placed in 5th & 6th

Stephen Chidwick (also fresh from the FT of the 2-7 earlier) is the only Brit in the 45, two thirds of the way down the field and with less than 8 Big Bets left, needs to chip up quite quickly.

To start today
    WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, 3 Day Event
    WSOP22 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
    Early Tuesday update

WSOP14 - $1500 Millionaire Maker, NLH, Day 4 of 4, 7190 entries
    The final table has been reached, and Luke Brereton is on it. Sofia Lovgren isn't unfortunately, but there is a female presence in the shape of Lisa Meredith.
    Brereton has now made at least $96K, which would be his second biggest ever live cash

WSOP17 - $1K NLH, Day 3 of 3, 2242 entrants
    N-N-N-N-Nineteen left, looks like Roberton Romanello has been fairly quiet so far, letting others dance around

WSOP18 - $3K HORSE, Day 2 of 3, 400 entrants
    Not yet re-started, 16 left

WSOP19 - $1K PLO, Day 2 of 3, 1106 entrants
    92 of the 136 players have made it through to the first break on Day 2, but we lost John Gale very early on and Kevin Allen has also gone quite recently, leaving just David Colin fighting on for the UK. Michael Luong retains the chip lead.

WSOP20 - $10K 7 Card Razz Championship, Day 2 of 3, 100 entrants
    Only just re-started, but we've lost a few players already - Howard Lederer, Shawn Buchanan and George Danzer. No recorded action from Stephen Chidwick yet.

To start today
    WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, 3 Day Event
    WSOP22 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2016 Thread:
    Early Tuesday update WSOP14 - $1500 Millionaire Maker, NLH, Day 4 of 4, 7190 entries The final table has been reached, and Luke Brereton is on it. Sofia Lovgren isn't unfortunately, but there is a female presence in the shape of Lisa Meredith. Brereton has now made at least $96K, which would be his second biggest ever live cash WSOP17 - $1K NLH, Day 3 of 3, 2242 entrants N-N-N-N-Nineteen left, looks like Roberton Romanello has been fairly quiet so far, letting others dance around WSOP18 - $3K HORSE, Day 2 of 3, 400 entrants Not yet re-started, 16 left WSOP19 - $1K PLO, Day 2 of 3, 1106 entrants 92 of the 136 players have made it through to the first break on Day 2, but we lost John Gale very early on and Kevin Allen has also gone quite recently, leaving just David Colin fighting on for the UK. Michael Luong retains the chip lead. WSOP20 - $10K 7 Card Razz Championship, Day 2 of 3, 100 entrants Only just re-started, but we've lost a few players already - Howard Lederer, Shawn Buchanan and George Danzer. No recorded action from Stephen Chidwick yet. To start today WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, 3 Day Event WSOP22 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    Posted by FCHD
    Yeah her bustout hand was tough, no way to avoid it. Shoved KTo in the BB on a SB limper with AA, even if she flatted it was going in on a A-10-10 flop. Spoke to her on FB afterwards and she said she lost a flip shortly before with AQ v 66 for 3million+ too. Just no luck in those key spots, played 2 events  and has 2 cashes though.
  • edited June 2016
    Still no British bracelet, but two very close calls on Tuesday!

WSOP14 - $1500 Millionaire Maker, NLH, Day 4 of 4, 7190 entries
    The Millionaire Maker (or should that be Millionaires Maker) is over and the winner is Jason DeWitt. DeWitt was one of two previous bracelet holders (he won one in 2010) on the final table and he held the chip lead for most of the day.

The second seven figure score went to Garrett Greer, also from California and the third went to part-time kindergarten teacher from Vancouver, Washington, Lisa Meredith. It was Meredith's first ever WSOP tournament and she scooped half a million dollars.

The British presence at the FT was Luke Brereton from Prestbury, Greater Manchester. The official WSOP report calls him Luke Anthony.

WSOP17 - $1K NLH, Day 3 of 3, 2242 entrants
    We are still continuing heads-up in Event 17 whith Erik Silberman and Chase Bianchi going at it for almost two hours now.

No, scratch that, Chase Bianchi has just won. He chipped away at Silberman and took the $316K top prize.

Roberto Romanello is the highest earning Welsh player ever according to the Hendon Mob database, and he padded that lead by almost $143 with a deep run to third place.

He isn't the highest earning Welshman in WSOP history though, does anyone know who holds that honour?

WSOP18 - $3K HORSE, Day 3 of 3, 400 entrants
    Third again for the UK as Gerald Ringe took that spot. He was eliminated by Marco Johnson during a hand of Omaha Hi/Low, and not long after, Johnson busted Day 2 chip leader Jared Talarico during a hand of Stud to win his second bracelet and $259K

Chino Rheem finished eighth and Eli Elezra 11th.

And phew, managed to get through two HORSE events without any equine references. One more to go, can I keep it up?

WSOP19 - $1K PLO, Day 2 of 3, 1106 entrants
    No British final table heroics in this one though as David Colin was the last UK player left, and he was knocked out in 66th for a payday of $2367.

12 players do move on to the final day with Garrett Garvin the chip leader ahead of Bruno Borges (Brazil) and Henri Ojala (Finland).

The best known player of the final dozen is undoubtedly Dan Shak in 6th spot.

WSOP20 - $10K 7 Card Razz Championship, Day 2 of 3, 100 entrants
    A halt was called to the evening's proceedings with 8 players left, and watch out, Jason Mercier's about! The chip leader is no other than Event 16 winner Jason Mercier.

John Racener, Brian Hastings and another of those Finns, Jyri Merivirta are also still showing in chip counts after Robert Mizrachi and Max Pescatori exited very late on.

No British cashers, although I guess I should mention yet another cash for Phil Hellmuth in 15th.

WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, Day 1 of 3, 1029 entrants
    233 of the 1029 go through headed Yang Wa ng with Russian Andrey Zaichenko and Nick Schwarmann second and third. Why is the chip leader's name censored on this forum?

A couple of well known Canadians are through - Daniel Negreanu and Jonathan Duhamel, another Russian Vladimir Geshkenbein, Belgian Bart Lybaert and an American or two.

For British interest, Steffen Sontheimer (who had a 6 figure score in a tournament at Aria last week), Ben Heath, Ariel Shefer, Elior Sion, David Vamplew, Craig McCorkell, Adrian Grey, John Gale, and Daniel McAulay are still in.

Places you wouldn't really want to live? How about the home town of 220th placed playe Cliff Josephy - Muttontown, New York.

WSOP22 - $1500 NLH, Day 1 of 3, 665 entrants
    157 players qualified to Day 2 and we have a British chip leader at the end of Day 1. Max Silver is the man in question. Not a regular player of Limit, Max has nevertheless stormed to the top of the listings being the only player over 100K.

Michael Mizrachi is now on a mission to try and equal his brother's total of 4 bracelets, and he's started nicely here lying 3rd overnight.

Other UK players through include Darren Taylor, Stephen Chidwick, James Dempsey, Barny Boatman, Matthew Ashton & Chris Moorman.

I've tried to avoid commenting on players names (so far) this time around, but the player in 29th has such a great moniker I just couldn't resist giving her a mention - Esmerelda Villafuerte.

The top two players from last year's Main Event, winner Joe McKeehan and runner-up Josh Beckley are also still in aiming for a repeat of some action from the November Nine.

To start today
    15/06/16 Event 23 - $2K NLH, 3 Day Event
    15/06/16 Event 24 - $10K HORSE Championship, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016

He isn't the highest earning Welshman in WSOP history though, does anyone know who holds that honour?

I will go for...

1) Gareth Bale (he is the best at everything in his country)
    2) Dylan (who used to play on sky and won the 1st ever Jackpot on here)

Ok, i did look it up in the end and saw it was Mansour Matloubi. I have never heard of him TBH, but he is some way above Roberto (who I have heard of many times before)
  • edited June 2016
    keep it fhcd cant wait for the sky players updates
  • edited June 2016
    Ok, i did look it up in the end and saw it was Mansour Matloubi. I have never heard of him TBH, but he is some way above Roberto (who I have heard of many times before)
    Posted by MAXALLY

Mansour Matloubi is one of the great forgotten names of British poker. He is still the only british player to win the Main Event back in 1990 and final tabled again three years later.

After him, John Tabatabai is 2nd in total Welsh cashes at the WSOP with Roberto Romanello third.

Perhaps his reputation was spoilt a bit a few years later in relation to Ultimate Bet.

• edited June 2016
    WSOP19 - $1K PLO, Day 3 of 3, 1106 entrants
    Sam Soverel is a Florida pro who normally plays high stakes cash and high-roller tournaments, and only entered a $1K event as he had been on such a downswing in bigger events. That rough spell was well and truly broken as he won Event 19 for his first WSOP bracelet and $185K.

None of the final nine players had previously won a bracelet, second and third placers Kirby Lowery & Garrett Garvin had only a few previous cashes between them.

Bruno Borges (yet more alliterative names) made his second FT of the series in 5th and the two Finns Henri Ojala & Jusso Leppanen finished 8th & 9th.

WSOP20 - $10K 7 Card Razz Championship, Day 3 of 3, 100 entrants
    More often than not, one player wins two bracelets during one WSOP. We'll have to wait a little while longer as Jason Mercier's quest to win back-to-back events was denied at the very last.

Mercier had the lead for a while heads-up, but eventually Ray Dehkharghani won most of the important pots and collected his first bracelet.

Ray (I'm just going to call him Ray) had previously come close to winning a bracelet when losing heads-up to the legend Doyle Brunson in a Razz event way back in 1998.

Yueqi Zhu went out third, Brian Hastings 4th and 2010 ME runner-up John Racener 6th.

WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, Day 2 of 3, 1029 entrants
    At the end of play, 26 players remained with David Vamplew losing his chip lead, but he is still sitting nicely in second place behind Aussie Martin Kozlov.

Daniel Negreanu, looking for his 7th bracelet is in the top 5, with Doug Polk and second Brit Steffen Sontheimer inside the Top 10.

Elior Sion and Ben Heath both cashed for $10358, Ariel Shefer for $4574.

WSOP22 - $1500 NLH, Day 2 of 3, 665 entrants

Just 15 go forward to the final day and it is Danny Le who holds the chip lead.

Two people who already have bracelets in Limit, Tyler Bonkowski & Daniel Idema sit 2nd and 4th.

The promising British contingent at the start of the day was whittled away with Darren Taylor KO-d in 80th ($2442) and Stephen Chidwick 20th ($5155)

The player I picked out yesterday because of her name, Esmerelda Villafuerte, has made Day 3 and guaranteed herself her first WSOP cash and her biggest livetime payday. She is also the last woman standing in Event 22.

WSOP23 - $2k NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1419 entrants
    The bubble will burst very early on Day 2 with 233 remaining and 213 to cash.

Iman Shahbazy is chip leader, with 2 Canadians in the top 4 - Kyle White & Jake Labonte.

From the UK, Stevie Watts held a place among the upper echelons most of the second half of the day and he bagged the =5th biggest stack.

Next UK player indicated is Kamel Mokhammad, but he is from Zaporizhzhya which is in Ukraine so I think they've got their UK's mixed up.

Ben Vinson is 23rd, Dan Laming 85th, Niall Farrell 94th, Fraser MacIntyre 123rd, and Craig McCorkell, David Tovar and Jamie Burland among the shorter stacks.

WSOP24 - $10K HORSE Championship, Day 1 of 3, 171 entrants
    The usual $10K suspects are involved, and while the British names you would expect - Messrs Owen, Ashton & Ashby played, the only two British players left are Gerald Ringe (having another great series) and Iraj Parvizi, who I knew next to nothing about. Turns out he's listed on Hendon Mob as from the UAE and has had a chequered life seemingly spending plenty of time in the courts, on both sides of the courtroom.

Daniel Alaei (vowels to consonant ratio 7:4) is top dog but with the likes of Jason Mercier, Jason Somerville, Erik Seidel, Frank Kassela & Brandon Shack-Harris still involved, this one has a long way to run.

To start today
    WSOP25 - $2500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP26 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, 3 Day Event

• edited June 2016
    Keep up the good work FCHD enjoying the read
  • edited June 2016
    I'm sorry, I don't have time for much of an update first thing this morning. I will come back and do a proper job as soon as I can.

All I can do at the moment is update on the two events at the pointy end

Event 21 is on the FT and down to 5 players, in chip order Will Givens, Calvin Lee, Mark Herm (All three USA), Steven Thompson representing Costa Rica and Aussie Martin Kozlov. David Vamplew just missed the official FT in 10th, Steffen Sonthiemer was 14th and Daniel Negreanu 19th.

Event 22 is currently heads-up between Danny Le and Scott Farnsworth, with the former holding what looks like a dominant chip lead.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2016 Thread : Mansour Matloubi is one of the great forgotten names of British poker. He is still the only british player to win the Main Event back in 1990 and final tabled again three years later. After him, John Tabatabai is 2nd in total Welsh cashes at the WSOP with Roberto Romanello third. Perhaps his reputation was spoilt a bit a few years later in relation to Ultimate Bet.
    Posted by FCHD
    Hard to imagine three names that could sound less Welsh than those three. ;)
  • edited June 2016
    WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, Day 3 of 3, 1029 entrants
    Three days wasn't enough to conclude Event 21, and 5 players will come back for a fourth day of play.

Will Givens won a bracelet in 2014 and he's in good shape for a repeat in 2016 as he has about 40% of the chips in play. Calvin Lee, Mark Herm, Martin Kozlov & Steven Thompson are the others still in contention

WSOP22 - $1500 Limit Hold'em, Day 3 of 3, 665 entrants
    Vietnamese-born Californian 49-year old Danny Le has only three WSOP cashes, but they include a Final Table in 2013 and now a first place, a gold bracelet and $188K

Le beat Scott Farnsworth heads-up. Farnsworth had entered this event by mistake, thinking it was NLH, and he had to avail himself of the rules of Limit Poker during the first level.

The only previous bracelet holder on the Final Table, Tyler Bonkowski, finished third.

WSOP23 - $2k NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1419 entrants
    Play ended when the field was reduced to 3 tables (27 players) to come back and compete for the title and the bracelet on Day 3.

Last year's winner of the part-Online event, Anthony Spinella is the chip leader after his Aces held up against pocket Queens.

Adrian Buckley who has had bracelet-winning experience (2015 Millionaire Maker) is still there, as is one UK player, Craig McCorkell, who unfortunately has the second smallest stack.

Kamel Mokhammad (see yesterday's post) is through but now correctly showing as Ukrainian.

Other British cashes included Steve Watts 61st for $6558, Dan Laming 90th ($4396), Kevin O'Leary 92nd ($3957), David Tovar (117th, $3613), Barkatul Mohammed (124th, same payout), Jamie Burland (at least his third cash of the month, 135th $3347)

WSOP24 - $10K HORSE Championship, Day 1 of 3, 171 entrants
    Fourteen left and the man at the top should be no surprise. Jason Mercier must be overflowing with confidence right now and if he were to Final Table a 3rd $10K, let alone if he gets to heads up again, Player of the Year will be as good as done.

Others involved include Jesse Martin, Nick Schulman, Bryn Kenney & John Monnette, but there were no cashers from "over here" in this event.

WSOP25 - $2500 NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1045 entrants
    228 make it through to Day 2 so still well short of the bubble. Looking at the Top 18 you would have thought this was an internal US-Event, 17 Stars & Stripes accompanied by a lone French tricolour.

Then inside the Top 30 it gets more international with Spain, France (Again), Norway, Bulgaria, Italy, Venezuela, Ireland, Belgium & Croatia represented.

A little further down is the first Union Jack, next to Matas Cimbolas' name in 34th spot. Other Brits through - Darren Taylor, Niall Farrell, Tom Middleton, Darren Judges, Simon Deadman, James Akenhead, Sergi Reixach, Ben Dobson & Mark Teltscher.

Akenhead isn't the only November Niner through, ME winner Ryan Riess sits nicely inside the Top 10, two more Main winners Joe Cada and Jonathan Duhamel, Sylvain Loosli, Bob Bounahra and Dennis Phillips are all there, plus Event 19 winner Sam Soveral and Daniel Negreanu.

By contrast the to 3 chip leaders don't have as much pedigree - for the record Chuc Nguyen leads Eric Kurtsman and Shankar Pillai

WSOP26 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 1 of 3, 934 entrants
    I half expected to see Tikay at the top of the chip listings after his nice score at Planet Hollywood, but no it is Anthony Furlough who has a nice cushion over his nearest competitors, the very pokery-named Chip Jett and Francesco Barbaro.

For those who work in binary, we have 100000000 left. For the rest of you, that's 256.

As there's so many left, I'm not going into too much detail, just listing the GB players left - Barny Boatman, Benny Glaser, Robert Cowen, Matt Ashton, Usman Siddique and Xunen Zhang (who has just one recorded cash on Hendon Mob, at least under that spelling. There may be others)

To start today
    WSOP27 - $1K Seniors NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP28 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
    WSOP21 - $3K NLH 6-Max, Day 3 of 3, 1029 entrants
    On the extended 4th Day, it took over 100 hands to reduce 5 players to 1, and when all was said and done, Calvin Lee was the last man standing.

Lee, a Korean-born New Yorker is normally a high-stakes cash player in Macau, beat Costa Rican Steven Thompson heads-up.

Third was Mark Herm, fourth was previous braclet winner Will Givens and fifth Martin Kozlov

WSOP23 - $2k NLH, Day 3 of 3, 1419 entrants
    This one will also go on to a 4th day after several hours of heads-up play was unable to separate Viliyan Petleshkov and Cesar Garcia

Last Brit standing, Craig McCorkell, bowed out in 6th place for $78K

WSOP24 - $10K HORSE Championship, Day 3 of 3, 171 entrants
    No need for Day 4 here, and Jason Mercier's incredible few days continues. In the last 3 $10K Championship events, he has finished 1st, 2nd, and now 1st again!

He beat Aussie James Obst after overcoming a 3:1 chip lead heads up. Nick Shulman finished 3rd and Adam Friedman 4th.

Australian James Obst is Mercier's final opponent, and Obst currently has a 3:1 chip lead.

WSOP25 - $2500 NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1045 entrants
    24 players are through to Day 3 headed by Michael Scarborough, Remi Castaignon & Daniel Cooke.

One British player is through, Niall Farrell (in 16th spot) and two Irishmen - Gavin O'Rourke (7th) & Jude Ainsworth (24th), plus an American player who I know tikay respects a lot - Taylor Paur.

Matas Cimbolas cashed in 73rd for a little over $5K, and a group of UK players cashed for just under $4K (Philip McAllister, Darren Judges, James Akenhead, Darren Taylor & Tom Middleton)

WSOP26 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 2 of 3, 934 entrants
    A halt was called to proceedings with 27 players left, with 2014 Player of the Year runner-up Brandon Shack-Harris holding a significant chip lead.

Shack-Harris has 830K chips, with nearest challenge Benjamin Gold on 566K and Ilya Krupin 3rd with 463K

Only one Brit left, Benny Glaser sitting in the middle of the pack with 260K. Also left - not too many big names but Max Pescatori & Allen Kessler are both still there.

Matt Ashton cashed in 63rd for $3584 while Barny Boatman and Xunen Zhang both also cashed.

Serial casher Ryan Laplante was it again, his 8th score of the series

WSOP27 - $1K Seniors NLH, 3 Day Event, 4499 entrants
    675 of the Over 50s will come back for Day 2 headed by Robert Campbell from Bellflower, California. Fred Berger and JeanLuc Adam lie second and third.

John Gale is top Brit in 17th, with compatriots Paul Kerr, Martyn Frey, Matthew Bayford, Marino Mura, Timothy Priest also still involved, plus the likes of Robert Varkonyi, Billy Baxter & Barbara Enright.

First prize will be over $538K, not bad for 3 days work.

WSOP28 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, 3 Day Event
    A $10K without Jason Mercier as he is still active elsewhere. 110 saw the value without him and with late reg now closed, he can't hop in after finishing the HORSE.

Only 41 made it through, with Ireland showing on top of the chip counts in the shape of Nick Abou Risk.

Alex Luneau has already been mentioned a few times, and he lies second with Samuel Golbuff.

Who else is still there? Jonathan Duhamel, Ronnie Bardah, Dzmitry Urbanovich, Jeff Lisandro and Matt Glantz but not the usual quantity of big names you'd expect in Day 2 of a 10K.

To start today
    WSOP29 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP30 - $3K 6-Max PLO, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
    fantastic updates m8 keep em coming and well done
  • edited June 2016
    Got back from my first Vegas trip yesterday, happened to bump into Tikay when he wandered over to my table in the millimaker! (i was wearing my England shirt) and had a swift conversation! Wanted to introduce myself properly to him but didn't want to give to much information away to the rest of the table haha!
    For anyone who hasn't been i would highly reccomend it! The wsop is just something else!
    Safe trip there and back to everyone travelling!
  • edited June 2016
    Got back from my first Vegas trip yesterday, happened to bump into Tikay when he wandered over to my table in the millimaker! (i was wearing my England shirt) and had a swift conversation! Wanted to introduce myself properly to him but didn't want to give to much information away to the rest of the table haha! For anyone who hasn't been i would highly reccomend it! The wsop is just something else! Safe trip there and back to everyone travelling!
    Posted by murray69
    Ha, was great to meet you Mr Murray.

Glad you enjoyed Vegas - it's the nuts, eh?

• edited June 2016
    Absolutley! See you next year!
  • edited June 2016
    Absolutley! See you next year!
    Posted by murray69
    God willing, yes. :) 
  • edited June 2016
    WSOP23 - $2K NLH, Day 4 of 3, 1419 entrants
    After going into an unscheduled 4th day, it took less than 20 hands for Spain's Cesar Garcia to come from behind to beat Bulgarian Viliyan Petleshkov

Both of them were looking for their first bracelet, and Garcia (originally from the Canary Islands, now living in Cardiff) also netted himself $461K.

This one will also go on to a 4th day after several hours of heads-up play was unable to separate Viliyan Petleshkov and Cesar Garcia

Last Brit standing, Craig McCorkell, bowed out in 6th place for $78K

WSOP25 - $2500 NLH, Day 3 of 3, 1045 entrants
    Event 25 was won by New Yorker Michael Gagliano. Gagliano, who made the FT of the same event two years ago is an on-line pro and instructor in New Jersey (where online poker is legal) but this was his first ever live tournament win.

Daniel Cooke cane second, Shankar Pillai (a bracelet winner back in 2007) third and the top non-US player, Remi Caistaignon from French collected his first WSOP cash in 4th.

Last British player Niall Farrell made the FT but bowed out in 6th spot ($75K)

WSOP26 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 3 of 3, 934 entrants
    The Brits are on the board as Benny Glaser from Southampton took his second bracelet in successive years.

Three other former bracelet winners made the FT, but they felt by the wayside and by the time it was three handed, Glaser had a large chip lead. He knocked out Japanese player Motohiro Kondo and then took very little time to dispatch American Benjamin Gold to the rail.

Glaser also collects just over $244K.

WSOP27 - $1K Seniors NLH, Day 2 of 3, 4499 entrants
    57 left, all guaranteed a mininum of $8K. Paul Runge is chip leader ahead of Robert Musser and Kenneth Hoye.

At least one bracelet winner (Ted Gillis) is still active but no British players.

Last GB player playing was Paul Romain (68th, $6688) and other cashers include Matthew Bayford, Anthony Marks, Paul Kerr, John Gale, Martyn Frey, Timothy Priest & Marino Mura.

WSOP28 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 2 of 3, 110 entrants
    We have a top ten in the limit poker Championship event, with Jeff Thompson the chip leader and the only man over a million at the end of Day 2.

Event 8 winner Ian Johns is trying to emulate Jason Mercier by winning 2 bracelets this series and he is in a good spot in second place.

David Chiu already has 2 bracelets in Limit Hold'em (and 5 overall) and is looking to add further jewellry here and three more multiple bracelet winners, Brian Rast, Bill Chen and Brock Parker are also among the ten remaining players.

WSOP29 - $1500 NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1796 entrants
    David Vamplew had the chip lead until very late on, but he was overtaken by both Alexander Ziskin and Brock Wilson but hey, third place at the end of Day 1 is still pretty darn good.

Ben Dobson, Matas Cimbolas, James Dempsey, Philip McAllister, Fraser Bellamy, Marino Mura, Mike Ellis and Jack Salter will all come back for Day 2 and with 270 to get paid and 275 left, the bubble will burst very early on

One of the text updates on the WSOP site says this in relation to one Mr Phil Hellmuth junior - "He has been pacing back and forth next to his table, and mumbling to himself, and his tablemates". So what's new? He must have busted late on because then then appeared in Event 30.

About 275 remain and with 270 to get paid it's touch and go whether we see the bubble burst today or tomorrow.

WSOP30 - $3K 6-Max PLO, Day 1 of 3, 579 entrants so far
    As Jason Mercier is playing this event, you could be forgiven for thinking this is a battle for second.

Mercier of course is through to Day 2, with about an average sized stack.
    118 others join him, headed by Randy Ohel ahead of Nick Schwarmann and Sean Winter.

Three Brits remain, Max Silver and Peter Charalambous who have been regular WSOP cashers and Michael Stephenson who hasn't (looks like his first career WSOP cash)

To start today
    WSOP31 - $1K Super Seniors NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP32 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, 3 Day Event - Mercier again?
  • edited June 2016
    BRITISH BRACELET ALERT!

Benny Glaser has won his second bracelet! After being virtually unknown this time last year, he has won his second bracelet in successive years, winning the Omaha Hi-Low $1500 Event 26.
  • edited June 2016
    BRITISH BRACELET ALERT! Benny Glaser has won his second bracelet! After being virtually unknown this time last year, he has won his second bracelet in successive years, winning the Omaha Hi-Low $1500 Event 26.
    Posted by FCHD
    Go on the British ploppers 
  • edited June 2016
    WSOP27 - $1K Seniors NLH, Day 3 of 3, 4499 entrants
    Play has concluded on Day 3 with 6 players left fighting for the Seniors bracelet.
    It is an all-American, all-male line-up with Wesley Chong having 8.5m chips, Roger Sippl 5.3m and Joseph Somerville just over 3m.

Day 2 chip leader Paul Runge made it through the day in 5th, but the last non-US player went out in 8th (Mike Lisanti, Canada), the last female player in 15th (Deborah Fineberg) and the last bracelet holder (Ted Gillis) in 22nd.

WSOP28 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 3 of 3, 110 entrants
    Ian Johns emulated Jason Mercier in winning his second bracelet of the summer as he won the 10K limit event.

Already the winner of Event 8, Johns beat US Virgin Islander Sean Berrios heads-up with Russian Alexander Balyinskiy third.

WSOP29 - $1500 NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1796 entrants
    At the end of day 2, David Williams is the chip leader and one of only two players over a million chips

The second of those two players is Marino Mura from Downham Market in Norfolk.
    David Vamplew is the other GB player involved, and he too has a decent stack (lying in 9th overnight)

Matas Cimbolas cashed in 59th ($5890) and Colin Lovelock, Ben Dobson, James Dempsey, Mike Ellis, Philip McAllister, Fraser Bellamy and Jack Salter also cashed for the UK.

WSOP30 - $3K 6-Max PLO, Day 2 of 3, 580 entrants
    Shock horror! Jason Mercier knocked out early!

Fourteen players are going to fight for the bracelet on Day 3 with Russian Viatcheslav Ortynskiy as the chip leader.

Matthew Humphrey and Barry Leventhal are close behind, but there is no British presence among the last 3 tables.

All 3 GB players who qualified for day 2 did make the money though - Max Silver (35th, $7795), Peter Charalambous (50th, $5264) and Michael Stephenson (61st, $4879)

WSOP31 - $1K Super Seniors NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1476 entrants
    Last year's winner of the inaugural Super Seniors Event, Jon Andlovec may be on course for a repeat as he is the chip leader at the end of Day 1.

221 remain, and with 222 to be paid the bubble burst at the very end of play, in fact two players were eliminated. I'd not normally bother listing them but as one of them was Steven Tallmanwillcut I thought I would just for his name alone. The other was the less exotic Dennis Packard.

No Brits through, in fact only two Europeans but one of them is former bracelet winner, twice ME final tabler and ex-Olympic swimmer Donnacha O'Dea.

A couple of other well known names still playing are TJ Cloutier and David Sklansky, and also with chips is Paul Magriel who first put forward the M-Principle, later taken on as the M-Ratio by Dan Harrington in his "Harrington on Hold'em" books.

WSOP32 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 1 of 3, 163 entrants
    163 have become 70 after day 1 of the PLO8 Championship. As mentioned by Markycash below Grzegorz Trelski is the chip leader and despite his high profile online game, he has very little live MTT pedigree with only 7 cashes recorded in 8 years.

Shaun Deeb is second, and the likes of Matt Glantz, Eli Elezra, John Esposito, Marco Johnson, John Monnette, Taylor Paur are also in the Top 30.

From this country, Richard Ashby and Benny Glaser still have chips, whereas Matt Ashton and Stephen Chidwick don't.

And of course, lingering in 55th place, one Jason Mercier...

To start today
    WSOP33 - $1500 Summer Solstice NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP34 - $1500 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
    $10K Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 1 of 3, 163 entrants Play is still going on (I think they're in the last level) with about half the field still in contention. From the preliminary chip counts, Richard Ashby, Stephen Chidwick and Benny Glaser still have chips, whereas Matt Ashton doesn't. Full update to follow. To start today WSOP33 - $1500 Summer Solstice NLH, 3 Day Event WSOP34 - $1500 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), 3 Day Event
    Posted by FCHD
    I see Grzegorz Trelski is chipleader in this. I wouldn't bet against him when he has the chiplead already, used to play him a lot on stars, pretty sure his stars handle is Trelskig and he was always a very tricky opponent. With Shaun Deeb in 2nd there is a good chance one of those two will close this event out.
  • edited June 2016
    missed my morning updates please come back
  • edited June 2016
    With Sky Poker being down this morning and no wifi in the bulding in which I work most Tuesdays, it's a very late update for which I apologise.

WSOP27 - $1K Seniors NLH, Day 3 of 3, 4499 entrants
    The bracelet and the specal eagle trophy have gone to Johnny Craig, a 54-old Iraq and Afghanistan veteran from Texas.

He beat Jamishid Lotfi heads-up. He is from Timonium, which sounds more like a chemical element than a town.

WSOP29 - $1500 NLH, Day 3 of 3, 1796 entrants
    This is down to heads-up and despite a strong British showing, it is Germany (in the shape of Jens Grieme) v USA (Alexander Ziskin)

Play was suspended after over 200 hands of heads-up play, Grieme coming back from 1BB at one point but some superb barnacle-like play saw him survive and then thrive to the point where he enters Day 4 with about a 4:3 chip lead

Marino Mura finsihed 7th, David Vamplew 20th and a player I missed yesterday, Jonathon Wong, was 10th.

WSOP30 - $3K 6-Max PLO, Day 3 of 3, 580 entrants
    No need for a day 4 in Event 30 - Russian Viatcheslav Ortynskiy becoming the champion and taking the $344K top prize.

It's been a good 24 hours for people with the name Lebron - Lebron James leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to the NBA title, and Rafael Lebron taking second place here. Previous bracelet winner Randy Ohel finished third.

WSOP31 - $1K Super Seniors NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1476 entrants
    Berger, Spinner, Barker & Loring. No, not a firm of solicitors but the top 4 chip stacks at the end of Day 2 of the Over 65s Super Seniors event.

The only non-US player left, Charles Rinn is 5th and the last lady standing Maureen Feduniak is the shortest of the 15 stacks.

Chip leader Fred Berger won a bracelet in Pot Limit Hold'em back in 2002.

WSOP32 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 2 of 3, 163 entrants
    Sixteen combatants are still battling for the bracelet, with Matt Glantz the chip leader ahead of Grzegorz Trelski and last year's winner Daniel Alaei.

Todd Brunson (no sign of Doyle in the Super Seniors this year), Eli Elezra and Shaun Deeb are still there, as is Benny Glaser (trying to become the third dual winner this year) for the UK

Oh, and sitting in eighth, with a middling sized-stack, someone called Jason Mercier.

Plenty of life left in this one, hope they stream the FT at some point tomorow morning our time.

WSOP33 - $1500 Summer Solstice NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1840 entrants
    Most of this sort of tournament have made the money on Day 1, but with 445 left and 276 to be paid, it is clear that the structure for this one is a little slower.

Bruno Vendramini is Day 1 chip leader ahead of Ronald Lee and Jason Helder, with former November Niner and Sky UKPC regular Antoine Saout close behind.

Brits still involved include Carlo Hassan, David Tovar, Michael Kane (go Style!), Paul Romain, James Akenhead (who made the same ME FT as Saout), Matas Cimbolas, Rhys Jones, Marco Vasconcelos, Philip Ford, Matt Davenport, Sadan Tuker, Barny Boatman, David Tompkins, John Gale, Richard Dawson & Chris Moorman

Also spotted lurking in the chip listings - Koray Aldemir, Kathy Liebert, Adrian Matéos, Matt Affleck, Sebastian Pauli, Matt Giannetti, Neil Blumenfield, Ben Keeline & Bob Bounahra

WSOP34 - $1500 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 1 of 3, 358 players
    A very small field for a $1500 bracelet event, with 65 of them making Day 2.

Bart Lybaert has been mentioned a few times already this series, and add another one to that list with him being the chip leader ahead of Lawrence Berg and Christopher Kaltenbach.
    Three UK players remain, all in the 16th-23rd place range, Pratik Ghatge, Adam Owen and Elior Sion.

Making what I think is her first appearance of the summer, Vanessa Selbst is through, as is seven-time bracelet winner Billy Baxter, 8-time winner Erik Seidel and ME winner Greg Raymer.

This was the event Benny Glaser won last year, but he wasn't able to defend his title as he is still active in Event 32

To start today
    WSOP35 - $5K 6-Max NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP36 - $2500 Mixed Omaha/7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
    that was some comeback by the german good read ty
  • edited June 2016
    that was some comeback by the german good read ty
  • edited June 2016
    Been watching the Final Table stream for Event 32 and got waylaid!

WSOP29 - $1500 NLH, Day 4 of 3, 1796 entrants
    Jens Grieme's fairly tale comeback from 1BB didn't quite have the ending it deserved.

It took nearly another 100 hands (taking the heads-up total to about 300) for Alexander Ziskin to finally wear Grieme down and take his first bracelet and over $400K

WSOP31 - $1K Super Seniors NLH, Day 3 of 3, 1476 entrants
    James Moore
    is now a bracelet holder. Moore, who is only just eligible for this as he is 65 years old, made only his second cash but one he'll never forget as this one also netted him $230K

Charles Barker would have been eligible for this years ago had it been held then (he is 74) and took second prize ($142K) and Steven Krupnick ended up third.

WSOP32 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 3 of 3, 163 entrants
    A fascinating final table is in progress and there is a British presence with that man Benny Glaser still there trying to scoop the Omaha Hi-Lo events (he won the $1500 a few days ago)
    Full update to follow at end of play.

WSOP33 - $1500 Summer Solstice NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1840 entrants
    Just short of 100 players move on to Day 3 with Austrian Koray Aldemir as the biggest stack,
    Ralph Wong is second but the more interesting name is sitting in third, Chris Moorman.

Three more Brits are inside the Top 10, David Tovar, our own Michael Kane & Marco Vasconcelos, with James Akenhead, Carlo Hussan and John Gale still there lower down.

Yesterday's chip leader who I didn't recognise as Bruno Politano (2014 November Nine) as he was listed under another name still has a decent stack, and other players left in include Adrian Matéos, Kathy Liebert, Matt Gianetti & Brian Lemke.

WSOP34 - $1500 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 2 of 3, 358 entrants
    Nine left, Jameson Painter (USA), Alexsandr Vinski (RUS) and Guy Haeuveni (ISR) are the top three stacks.

No UK players left, all three who made it through were busted by the middle of the day after making the cash - Adam Owen was 32nd for $2780), while both Pratik Ghatge and Elior Sion both made $2330

WSOP35 - $5K 6-Max NLH, Day 1 of 3, 541 entrants
    It is former November Niner Sylvain Loosli who bagged the biggest amount of chips in the $5K.
    Poker blogger Matt Moore (Another Kid, Another Dream) is second and last year's November Niner Pierre Neuville is third.

With it being a $5K, you would expect plenty of well-known names to play, and we have no fewer than 5 former ME winners left (Hellmuth, Hachem, Gold, Cada & Duhamel)

Philip McAllister is top British player in 60th spot, Patrick Leonard is 80th and Liv Boeree 94th, plus Steffen Sontheimer, Jake Cody, Christian Christner, Sergi Reixach, Roberto Romanello, Dennis Rubba, Matt Davenport, Jack O'Neill, Matthew Moss, Daniel McAulay, Stephen Chidwick, Niall Farrell, Barny Boatman, Chris Brammer, David Vamplew, Jack Salter, giving the chip listings a look of almost a Who's Who of British poker.

WSOP36 - $2500 Mixed Omaha/7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better, Day 1 of 3, 384 entrants
    A curious combination of games to some, but still a pro-studded field. All the more surprising then to see someone without a single WSOP cash at the top, and that is Yen Wu.

Close behind is Denny Axel and Gleb Kovtunov.

With all the Brits in event 35, there was no one left to represent us in event 36, but well known names there include Josh Arieh, Dzmitry Urbanovich, David Steicke, Mike Matusow, Robert Mizrachi, Fabrice Soulier, Andreas Hoivold, Jason Somerville and Chris Bjorin.

And of course after busting out of the FT of event 32, Jason Mercier hopped into this and lies nicely well inside the top half of the field.

To start today
    WSOP37 - $1500 PLO, 3 Day Event
    WSOP38 - $3K 6-Max Limit Hold'em, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016

WSOP33 - $1500 Summer Solstice NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1840 entrants

I hope Mr Moorman takes this one down as I have got him in my poker fantasy team this year! H/U with Mr Style would be good to watch if both deep stacked.
  • edited June 2016
    Update on Event 32 at the end of play

With 16 players coming back for Day 3, and a whole lot of chopped pots, it's not too much of a surprise that 3 days wasn't enough to determine the winner of Event 32.

A fascinating final table is in progress and there is a British presence with that man Benny Glaser still there trying to scoop the Omaha Hi-Lo events (he won the $1500 a few days ago). Glaser is among the final three with Doug "Skippy" Lorgeree and Matt Glantz. Benny is chip leader, Skippy (who has a very vocal rail) is second and Glantz was very short at least twice but has comeback to what counts for a decent stack with the blinds so big.

Greg Trelski played uber-agressive, which eventually caught up with him in 4th, Todd Brunson did well without ever getting a hand for 7th, while is there any superlatives to say about Jason Mercier. Just with he'd not keep bringing that ugly dog to the tables.

Mercier busted in 8th, making this his 4th FT (all in $10K events) all inside 8 days.

Play will resume 10pm our time tonight with the live stream on a 30-minute delay from 10:30