You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The WSOP 2016 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2016
    FCHD how do you get the live stream do I just type it into search box
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2016 Thread:
    Posted by weecheez1
    here's the link to the schedule   HERE
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2016 Thread : here's the link to the schedule    HERE
    Posted by scouse_red
    Thanks scouse

• edited June 2016
    Posted by weecheez1
    I can't do a link as the site concerned is basically a competing internet poker site, but go to the WSOP site, select WSOP Events and then you should see a tab for live coverage.

It's been pointed out to me that calling it a "Live" stream is slightly misleading, it's not live, it's on a 30 minute delay.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2016 Thread : I can't do a link as the site concerned is basically a competing internet poker site, but go to the WSOP site, select WSOP Events and then you should see a tab for live coverage. It's been pointed out to me that calling it a "Live" stream is slightly misleading, it's not live, it's on a 30 minute delay.
    Posted by FCHD
    cheers mate i will try and get on it later
  • edited June 2016
    BOOM - BRITISH BRACELET NUMBER 2!

Benny Glaser has taken his second bracelet within a week and his third overall by winning the 10K Limit Omaha Hi-Low Championship
  • edited June 2016
    WSOP32 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low Split 8 or better, Day 4 of 3, 163 entrants
    It's a second bracelet of the week and a third all-time for Southampton's Benny Glaser.
    He beat Doug "Skippy" Lorgeree heads-up with Matt Glantz bowing out in third. Glantz now has 42 cashes without a bracelet.

Glaser joins Tom Schneider (HORSE) and Greg Mueller (Limit Hold'em) from previous years in winning both the low buyin and Championship bracelets of the same discipline in the same year.

And thanks to David Tuchman for reading out my tweet during the "live" stream.

WSOP33 - $1500 Summer Solstice NLH, Day 3 of 4, 1840 entrants
    Seventeen players are coming back for Day 4 and the chance to win the bracelet and over $400K

Former WSOP-E ME winner Adrian Matéos is the chip leader, with Israel's Alexey Blyakher in 2nd and American Ronald McGinnity in 3rd.

Two of the 17 are British, David Tovar from Wales is 6th and Chris Moorman from England is 15th.

There is one female player left, the formidable Kathy Leibert although she has the smallest stack of all.

Style bowed out late on Day 3 in 28th for $10403.

WSOP34 - $1500 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 2 of 3, 358 entrants
    Andrey Zaichenko
    converted his massive chip lead and duly finished off Jamison Painter.
    Zaichenko is the 11th different Russian to take a bracelet and the 2nd this year.

The last British player had long since departed.

WSOP35 - $5K 6-Max NLH, Day 2 of 3, 541 entrants
    Just 21 players of the 197 who started Day 2 have made Day 3, with Brazilian bracelet winne Thiago Nishijima bagging the most chips ahead of Jason Ko on and Manuel Nunez.

Two more bracelet holders are also still in, Michael Gathy & Martin Finger, ME runner up Felix Stephensen is still there too, as are two GB players, Christian Christner & Scott Margereson.

Jack O'Neill went out very late on Day 2 for 23rd spot and $18794, Messrs Chidwick & Cody each take $12705, Brammer $9K, Farrell $8K and Vamplew just under $8K.

WSOP36 - $2500 Mixed Omaha/7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better, Day 2 of 3, 384 entrants
    13 remain at the end of Day 2, with Ukrainian Gleb Kovtunov (who has been near the top of the listings most of the event) having the chip lead.

Could this be the 3rd bracelet for Jason Mercier? He's still there albeit with a short stack and also still left are Per Hildebrand (who made the FT of Event 32 alongside Mercier), Fabrice Soulier and one woman - Esther Taylor-Brady

WSOP37 - $1500 PLO, Day 1 of 3, 776 entrants
    Tikay's progress is noted elsewhere, so to bring you up to speed with other happenings in Event 37.

Dieyar Kakel is the chip leader ahead of Joe Serock and Richard Austin.

Tommy Le (on Tikay's Day 2 table) is 4th, with the first Union Jack spotted in 6th, but that is for Jan Collado whi is German but must have entered the WSOP with an address in East Sussex.

Jeff Duvall, who hasn't cashed at the WSOP since 2010 is top real Brit, wth Zeikus Tuit (who may be the Irish player Zeke Tuit on Hendon Mob) in 2nd, Toby Lewis 50th and Keith Johnson 96th.

Others left in include Daniel Negreanu, Dan Sindelar, Leif Force, Juha Helppi, and a guy who sounds like a sports stadium, Patrick Arena.

128 left and 117 to get paid so the bubble will probably be reached on the 2nd level of Day 2.

There's also a Mercier angle even though he isn't playing this one as one of the other players left is his "other half" Natasha Barbour.

WSOP38 - $3K 6-Max Limit Hold'em, Day 1 of 3, 233 entrants
    64 players move on to Day 2 where 37 wil get paid.

Warwick Mirzikinian is chip leader ahead of Rep Porter and Ian Johns (who is trying his best to keep up with Jason Mercier in the Player of the year battle).

As it is Limit Poker, no real surprise to see no Brits through, even though the likes of Stu Rutter and Matt Ashton entered.

Names you might recognise still in - last years ME winner Joe McKeehan, previous ME champ Jonathan Duhamel, Ylon Schwartz, Jason Somerville, Chris Klodnicki and Ronnie Bardah.

To start today
    WSOP39 - $10K 6 Max NLH Championship, 3 Day Event
    WSOP40 - $2500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2016
  • edited June 2016
    Brief update, and it's not good news about Tikay I'm afraid.

We've lost him.

No, not from the tournament, from the UK, The only Anthony Kendall in the chip listings is shown as being from Calgary, Alberta so I assume that's our man.
  • edited June 2016
    Great stuff Tikay! All the more impressive considering you were drawn one of the toughest seats in the room.
  • edited June 2016
    Tikay's Day 2 table draw
    1 - Benjamin SRIQUI (USA) 35K
    2 - Ivan FRIETEZ (VEN) 46K
    3 - Jeffrey GIBRALTER (USA) 58K
    4 - Matthew RYAN (USA) 22K
    5 - Tommy LE (USA) 141K
    6 - Sven REICHARDT (GER) 87K
    7 - Arundel ROBINSON (USA) 40K
    8 - Matt STERLING (USA) 35K
    9 - Tony Kendall (Citizen of the World) 31K

Could have been a lot worse
  • edited June 2016
    Tikay's Day 2 table draw 1 - Benjamin SRIQUI (USA) 35K 2 - Ivan FRIETEZ (VEN) 46K 3 - Jeffrey GIBRALTER (USA) 58K 4 - Matthew RYAN (USA) 22K 5 - Tommy LE (USA) 141K 6 - Sven REICHARDT (GER) 87K 7 - Arundel ROBINSON (USA) 40K 8 - Matt STERLING (USA) 35K 9 - Tony Kendall (Citizen of the World) 31K Could have been a lot worse
    Posted by FCHD
    Yep....it could of read like this....

Tikay's Day 2 table draw
    1 - Benjamin nutter(UK) 35K
    2 - Ivan Tennis bloke (UK) 46K
    3 - Jeffrey Donttellmum (UK) 58K
    4 - Matthew Ihiteveryflop Bates (UK) 22K
    5 - Tommy DEE (UK) 141K
    6 - Sven Goran Erikson (SWE) 87K
    7 - Mrs ROBINSON (USA) 40K
    8 - Matthew Imultitabletoomuch Bates (UK) 35K
    9 - Tony Kendall (Citizen of the World) 31K

Lets hope he gets past the bubble, and heads for the FT. It would be an awesome stream and UK rail.
  • edited June 2016
    WSOP37 - $1500 PLO, Day 1 of 3, 776 entrants
    Tikay's progress is noted elsewhere,

WHERE?
  • edited June 2016

Ha, thank you very much for the kind comments.
  • edited June 2016
    Quick run through of the players on Table Tikay:

1 - Benjamin SRIQUI (USA) 35K - only live cashes recorded have been a few small ones (first one only in Jan so might be 21-year old), before 270th in the Millionaire Maker a fortnight ago. Nothing recorded in PLO.

2 - Ivan FRIETEZ (VEN) 46K - or Ivan Freitez-Rosales. Over 2.6m in live cashes, cashed 4 times this series including the $565 PLO Event 12 where he finished 83rd. $2.2m of that 2.6 omes from winning the EPT Grand Final back in 2011, and $117K from a win in an event at the Rock'n'Roll Poker Open in 2011. All scores NLH apart from Event 12 mentioned earlier.

3 - Jeffrey GIBRALTER (USA) 58K - 6 WSOP cashes last year, none so far this. Came third on PLO8 event back in 2011 for $107K, one of his cashes last year was in PLO (6-max)

4 - Matthew RYAN (USA) 22K - Four similarly named players in Hendon Mob Database, but this one the only American so I hope this is the right guy. Only cash is 5th in a $1000 PLO at WSOP 2014 for $42K. Nothing else.

5 - Tommy LE (USA) 141K - Again 3 Tommy Le's, the most likely contender is the one nicknamed "Tommy Legend". Cashes since 2005, including a $395K in a WPT in 2008 and $106K in 2007 ME. No 5-figure scores since 2012 ($5K PLO 6-max, final table). Plenty of Omaha cashes 2010-3.

6 - Sven REICHARDT (GER) 87K - Half a million in live earnings, 60% of which comes from a FT in the EPT Super High Roller Barcelona 2014. Final tabled the 10K PLO last-year (6th, $146K). Only other Omaha cash was at EPT London 2013

7 - Arundel ROBINSON (USA) 40K - got nothing on him. He's from Waldorf, Maryland and his first name is in West Sussex, but that's about it.

8 - Matt STERLING (USA) 35K - Been cashing since 2005, total of $443K but no individual score above $56K. Last WSOP results back in 2012, seemingly local events in Mid-West only since then. Good split of cashes between NLH/PLO

9 - Tony Kendall (Citizen of the World) 31K - Cashes back to 1879, about $342K and a few groats in live earnings. Best WSOP finish 12th in PLO8 in 2012, best Omaha player among the Sky TV pundits although Richard Orford may run him close. Knows a lot about ducks.

• edited June 2016

Ha, thanks Barny.

I appear to have 3 or 4 different "Database" entries, under the names of Tony Kendall, Anthony Kendall (two) & Anthony James Kendall, with addresses varying from Ilkeston, to Las Vegas, Ireland, & Calgary Canada.

It's really weird how the WSOP get this wrong. When I enter a WSOP event, I go to the desk, give them a 9 year old Players Card, my Passport, & $1,500. No words are spoken, its that simple, so how I ended up as being from Calgary, Canada is a bit of a mystery.  

• edited June 2016
    9 - Tony Kendall (Citizen of the World) 31K - Cashes back to 1879, about $342K and a few groats in live earnings. Best WSOP finish 12th in PLO8 in 2012, best Omaha player among the Sky TV pundits although Richard Orford may run him close. Knows a lot about ducks.
    Posted by FCHD

Very good ;)
  • edited June 2016

The Gentleman is Seat 2, Ivan Frietez.

If you have 3 minutes to spare, you'll enjoy this absolutely delicious footage of a really nasty person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxcBy6js7s

When you want to win THAT bad, its a sad state of affairs.  
  • edited June 2016
    Wow, what a scummy move. And he wasn't disqualified, or even given a penalty. Perhaps that's why the EPT and Mr Kremser immediately parted company at the conclusion of the tournament.

• edited June 2016
    Early skirmishes in Event 37 have seen three departures, including Matt Stout.

125 left including Mr Tikay, 117 to be paid.

• edited June 2016
    Early skirmishes in Event 37 have seen three departures, including Matt Stout. 125 left including Mr Tikay, 117 to be paid.
    Posted by FCHD

Good luck good luck good luck Mr Tikay - really hope to see you on FT on livestream xx
  • edited June 2016
    Down to 121...

Strike that, 119. Still assume Tikay's siting tight starting Day 2 with 25BB if my maths are right. Tommy Le on his table has chipped up by 24K though.

Daniel Negreanu has picked up some more chips too (on a different table)

• edited June 2016
    How can all the whinging and moaning on various threads help the man in question?Saint Tikay!
  • edited June 2016

Danny N is on the table next to me, and is chatting away merrily, as he always does.

Meanwhile, H4H has been and gone, and the bubble has burst.

oioi
  • edited June 2016

wp tony, wp wp

• edited June 2016
    whoop whoop  get in  wp sir
  • edited June 2016
    Well done Tikay. Next stop Day 3. Or maybe the 1st break on Day 2 first.
  • edited June 2016
    108 left, among those who have departed in the money are 112th placed 4-bracelet holding Max Pescatori and 110th placed angle-shooting piece of slime Ivan Frietez (from Tikay's table)

Just seen Ben Squiri from Tikay's table had also busted, so our man's getting some new friends to play with (or to fold to).

• edited June 2016
    How can all the whinging and moaning on various threads help the man in question?Saint Tikay!
    Posted by chilling
    Thanks chilling, but it's fine, and it's my job. As long as they keep it civil, am very happy to see good debates on here. 
  • edited June 2016
    108 left, among those who have departed in the money are 112th placed 4-bracelet holding Max Pescatori and 110th placed angle-shooting piece of slime Ivan Frietez (from Tikay's table)
    Posted by FCHD
    Ha, the whole room cheered when Ivan busted.

Nasty, nasty, man.