You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running.

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat

Satellites are in the lobby now, & in fact the first 4 qualifiers to the nightly Qtr Final are in already.....

jal3xk3000
TommyD3000
Gazza6843000
CxE13000

Comments

• edited February 2016

There is now a "VEGAS" Tab in the Lobby, which replaces the previous UKPC tab.
  • edited February 2016

Details for Viva Las Vegas 2016 are HERE
  • edited February 2016
    Oh Mr Tikay - you post the nicest news :)

• edited February 2016
    Good luck rose hope this is your year xxx
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running.:
    Oh Mr Tikay - you post the nicest news :)
    Posted by IrishRose
    Ha, sometimes.....

Well done on getting off to a flying start, be lovely if you could win a VLV package.
  • edited February 2016

Keep your eyes peeled on the Promo Page, too, you never know, there may be more Viva Las Vegas stuff in the pipeline.

• edited February 2016
    Hi, if you win a seat to a saturday night semi (ohhh hello) does it have to be used that saturday night or can you use it at a later date if you have plans?

thanks
  • edited February 2016
    Hi, if you win a seat to a saturday night semi (ohhh hello) does it have to be used that saturday night or can you use it at a later date if you have plans? thanks
    Posted by theraven99
    Hi Raven,

Well done.

As far as I know, it has to be the this Saturday's satellite & cannot be moved to another Saturday.

Cancel your plans. ;)
  • edited February 2016
    I haven't won a sat yet was just debating whether to enter :P. Thanks for the info

• edited February 2016
    Clicked on Vegas tab and ended up playing "Plants v Zombies" !
    Whats thats all about? :-))
  • edited February 2016
    Clicked on Vegas tab and ended up playing "Plants v Zombies" ! Whats thats all about? :-))
    Posted by VespaPX
    Lol - good one - main question is - did you win??
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Lol - good one - main question is - did you win??
    Posted by IrishRose
    Got killed by a gherkin !
    GL in your qualifying Rosie x
  • edited February 2016
    I haven't won a sat yet was just debating whether to enter :P. Thanks for the info

• edited February 2016
    Details for Viva Las Vegas 2016 are HERE
    Posted by Tikay10
    Mmmmm Nice, Cant wait : )

• edited February 2016

Great to see this back, if the final beats the guaranteed seats is it money for the next spots or a package?

• edited February 2016
    Is there a reason why there all on a Saturday?.
  • edited February 2016
    Is there a reason why there all on a Saturday?.
    Posted by HaveaA1Day
    I need to get back to you in the morning on that one.

Looks to me that there may be some confusion on some of the dates.

I think it was intended that the £3,500 packages would be a Saturday jobbie every week, with The Big One, the £10k affair, every Sunday, but some of the dates on that Promo page seem (to me) to be wrong - e.g, Saturday 29th May is not a Saturday. Or not the 29th....

Apols, will clear this up in the morning.
  • edited February 2016
    Great to see this back, if the final beats the guaranteed seats is it money for the next spots or a package?
    Posted by MattBates
    I've not had chance to have a proper bone up yet Matt, I'll do so later tonight, or ask the Office first thing in the morning.

I'm not exactly being very helpful here, am I?........(rh)

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : I need to get back to you in the morning on that one. Looks to me that there may be some confusion on some of the dates. I think it was intended that the £3,500 packages would be a Saturday jobbie every week, with The Big One, the £10k affair, every Sunday, but some of the dates on that Promo page seem (to me) to be wrong - e.g, Saturday 29th May is not a Saturday. Or not the 29th.... Apols, will clear this up in the morning.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok mate thanks.
  • edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay, would i be able to play the satellites to win the seat but save it to use the year after when I can play it. I assume not but would be useful to know, thanks.
  • edited March 2016
    Hi Tikay, would i be able to play the satellites to win the seat but save it to use the year after when I can play it. I assume not but would be useful to know, thanks.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Good luck with that!
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    If only. ;)

I'm afraid that's an easy one, a resounding "no".

I can well imagine your disappointment & impatience, being too young to play poker in Vegas. Think I'd swap with you, mind.....

Was great to meet you at the weekend - was amazed how young you are. When are you due to start shaving? 

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Good luck with that!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    How come I missed you on Friday night? Was looking forward to seeing you again,. Not in a lovey dovey way, you understand.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : If only. ;) I'm afraid that's an easy one, a resounding "no". I can well imagine your disappointment & impatience, being too young to play poker in Vegas. Think I'd swap with you, mind..... Was great to meet you at the weekend - was amazed how young you are. When are you due to start shaving?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Soon I hope, been waiting long enough. I eagerly stand in the mirror with a razor at the ready but alas...
     Ty  for reply just making sure. quite like satellites so would have been nice excuse to tinker with them but ill wait for next live event which i can play.
    Yeah nice to see the legendary M.R Kendall, famous for that minty type cake i presume?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : How come I missed you on Friday night? Was looking forward to seeing you again,. Not in a lovey dovey way, you understand.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Understood.

Not sure. I didn't stray far from the bar, and I don't think you strayed far from that curtained off bit that peasants from Yorkshire are not permitted to enter.

Someone said (might have been Bates but my memory is hazy) that I was their 2nd favourite Yorkshireman, behind Doh. High praise indeed.

I look forward to seeing you at the next one, not in a lovey dovey way though.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Understood. Not sure. I didn't stray far from the bar, and I don't think you strayed far from that curtained off bit that peasants from Yorkshire are not permitted to enter. Someone said (might have been Bates but my memory is hazy) that I was their 2nd favourite Yorkshireman, behind Doh. High praise indeed. I look forward to seeing you at the next one, not in a lovey dovey way though.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Did we even meet?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Did we even meet?
    Posted by MattBates
    I met someone who was claiming to be Matt Bates, but I was more than dubious.
  • edited March 2016
    Well Mr Tikay - I have tried my very best to qualify - and I'm not sure if I managed it just because they're all hung over from UKPC or whether it was just due to a bit of run good - but either way I'm not complaining!!  Looking forward to trying (and probably busting) both semi finals at the weekend.

Can I ask a couple of questions though please?

1 - The £10,000 package is described as being 10 nights stay - but my workings make the Thurs 7th to Monday 18th an 11 night stay.  Just trying to make sure that Sky will be paying for all the 11 nights lol.

2 - The £3,500 package - how does that add up to £3500 please?  Cash award is £1000, Tourney entry is $1111 = £800ish (even allowing for a poor exchange rate of less than 1.4) and the Palazzo Hotel is showing on most travel sites (Trivago, Booking.com, Expedia etc) as only being £1,100 for the 7 nights in a suite.  By my reckonings that is roughly £2,900.00 - is the other £600 towards the players dinner (not sure I could survive eating or drinking that much lol).

I'm only asking as a few questioned this in the chat boxes last night and I know there's probably an explanation I've just missed.
  • edited March 2016
    Well Mr Tikay - I have tried my very best to qualify - and I'm not sure if I managed it just because they're all hung over from UKPC or whether it was just due to a bit of run good - but either way I'm not complaining!!  Looking forward to trying (and probably busting) both semi finals at the weekend. Can I ask a couple of questions though please? 1 - The £10,000 package is described as being 10 nights stay - but my workings make the Thurs 7th to Monday 18th an 11 night stay.  Just trying to make sure that Sky will be paying for all the 11 nights lol. 2 - The £3,500 package - how does that add up to £3500 please?  Cash award is £1000, Tourney entry is $1111 = £800ish (even allowing for a poor exchange rate of less than 1.4) and the Palazzo Hotel is showing on most travel sites (Trivago, Booking.com, Expedia etc) as only being £1,100 for the 7 nights in a suite.  By my reckonings that is roughly £2,900.00 - is the other £600 towards the players dinner (not sure I could survive eating or drinking that much lol). I'm only asking as a few questioned this in the chat boxes last night and I know there's probably an explanation I've just missed.
    Posted by IrishRose

I was intrigued by this so I had a look myself. There is not much to dispute about the £1000 cash, the entrance fee is a fraction under £800 at the moment. The hotel is more interesting, as it depends whether the taxes etc. have been added and which room you have. Different agents charge different amounts. If we assume its the luxury king size room and pay all resort fees taxes etc. I get a total package price of somewhere between £2800 and £3300 depending who you deal with. If it is another room then the price can go very high. depending on the room.

• edited March 2016
    Of course there are other items to be covered like the hospitallity suite meals out etc. I was going to mention the cost of TK's latte, but there has been a disaster on that front :-)