You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Euro 2016...

edited July 2016 in Betting Chat
Would be great to get a thread going with any bets people have placed for the tournament....

I have only just seen the squads and I am pretty impressed by Turkeys squad, they havent got the easiest group with Spain, Czech Republic and Croatia but they looked decent against England, they beat Sweden in a friendly and beat Holland 3-0 in qualifying, they are even money to get through the group which i think is a fair price.

I also like Yilmaz to be top scorer 125/1 ew, he has scored more than 1 in 2 in the last 6 seasons and he is guaranteed to be their main striker throughout the tournament...

feel free to post any thoughts you have on the tournament.

Comments

• edited May 2016

Russia 13/5
    Austria 3/1
    Italy 7/2
    Switzerland 3/1 

Not to qualify from group 

£1 lucky 15 

pays £631

Also like no hatrick scored in tourniment at 13/5
  • edited May 2016
    Have a quid on Iceland
    Year of the underdog :-)
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Euro 2016...:
    Have a quid on Iceland Year of the underdog :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Is Peter Andre still in there squad?
  • edited May 2016

Lewandoski top goalscorer 16/1 e.w
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Euro 2016... : Is Peter Andre still in there squad?
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Yep and Jordan's doing the pre match massages.
  • edited May 2016
    I have done the mug bet of backing England to win for a tenner.  I am chasing the free bets though and fancy us to win a few games, certainly the group games.

I can make £10 profit from 3 £3 bets so that would leave me freerolling,.

Another site is doing £5 free bet per win, undecided if I will do England again, or back a different team.
  • edited June 2016
    £10 on Italy to win @16/1. £3 free bet for wins sweatens the deal.

Best defence in the tournament imo, still some creativity and plenty of experience in midfield, not the best set of forwards by any stretch but I expect them to get through a tricky group and they will be difficult to beat. 

Might be tempted to put £10 on another team but one in an easier group with the £3 free bets.

Cant see much value on France and there never is any on England.

Usually stick a fiver e/w on a top scorer candidate but haven't made a pick yet.

Remember doing well with the then relatively unknown Klose in the Japan/Korea world cup, he bagged a hat trick in 1st match v Saudi Arabia which did well for my fantasy football team and I cruised the work comp as I was the only one to put him in.

Eventually lost the golden boot to Ronaldo but had got on at 85/1 so still a nice result.

• edited June 2016
    £10 on Italy to win @16/1. £3 free bet for wins sweatens the deal. Best defence in the tournament imo, still some creativity and plenty of experience in midfield, not the best set of forwards by any stretch but I expect them to get through a tricky group and they will be difficult to beat.  Might be tempted to put £10 on another team but one in an easier group with the £3 free bets. Cant see much value on France and there never is any on England. Usually stick a fiver e/w on a top scorer candidate but haven't made a pick yet. Remember doing well with the then relatively unknown Klose in the Japan/Korea world cup, he bagged a hat trick in 1st match v Saudi Arabia which did well for my fantasy football team and I cruised the work comp as I was the only one to put him in. Eventually lost the golden boot to Ronaldo but had got on at 85/1 so still a nice result.
    Posted by Phantom66

Klose but no cigar.
  • edited June 2016
    The player of the tournament market is now up and i think there are 2 great value bets to be had

Payet 25/1 he gets goals and assists and produces momemnts of magic which is generally what it takes to win POTT, and with France 3/1 to win the tournament i can only imagine it would go to him, Griezman or Pogba if they do win

Alaba 100/1 a lot of people have Austria as their dark horses, i got on them at 100/1 about 6 months ago when they qualified, they are now 40/1 so no value there, but if they do make semi's or better then they will have a lot to thank Alaba for, hes their best player by some dstance and capable of scoring the odd wonder goal. 
  • edited June 2016
    think im going to have a  little bet on bale @40-1, the fella a big game player and will be obv wales only threat. 
    with englands defence being pants there is 2 goals there, im going to back him to be player and top scorer @40-1 on each.

• edited June 2016
    The player of the tournament market is now up and i think there are 2 great value bets to be had Payet 25/1 he gets goals and assists and produces momemnts of magic which is generally what it takes to win POTT, and with France 3/1 to win the tournament i can only imagine it would go to him, Griezman or Pogba if they do win Alaba 100/1 a lot of people have Austria as their dark horses, i got on them at 100/1 about 6 months ago when they qualified, they are now 40/1 so no value there, but if they do make semi's or better then they will have a lot to thank Alaba for, hes their best player by some dstance and capable of scoring the odd wonder goal. 
    Posted by jordz16
    Before betting on player of the tournament. See whos sponsoring it. Adidas did the last world cup and there poster boy Messi who had a pretty average tournament won it. So its safe to say that market is all about the marketing.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Euro 2016... : Before betting on player of the tournament. See whos sponsoring it. Adidas did the last world cup and there poster boy Messi who had a pretty average tournament won it. So its safe to say that market is all about the marketing.
    Posted by BADBOY985

thats the reason its such a great market to bet on, its more predictable. A player who can produce 2-3 moments of magic is more likely to win it than a player who was consistently good throughout
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Euro 2016... : Klose but no cigar.
    Posted by jordz16
    KlosebutnoCygan became the name of my entry in future international fantasy football events.
  • edited June 2016
    germany to win for me top goalscorer greizman
  • edited June 2016
    Top goal scorer I am going for Mario Gotze 28-1.  Think he will start for Germany.  
  • edited June 2016
    Outside punt for top scorer....

Ivan Perisic 150/1. Well worth a few quid e/w.

Croatia are dark horses for the tournament & he was easily their top scorer in qualifying.
  • edited June 2016
    A quick Summary of the bets i have placed for anyone that is interested.

3 points on Spain 11/2
    1 point e/w on Turkey at 80/1
    1 point e/w on Ronaldo top scorer 9/1
    1 point e/w on Yilmaz top scorer 150/1
    1 point e/w on Janko top scorer 50/1
    3 points on Payet player of the tournament 25/1
    1 point on Alaba player of the tournament 66/1
    1 point on Ramos player of the tournament 50/1
    1 point e/w Portugal to be top scorers 20/1
  • edited June 2016
    Be wary of the £3 free bet.
    You can only have one bet in this promotion.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
  • edited June 2016
    I went a bit mad in my lunch break on Wednesday.
    Euro 2016 - Outright Spain 10 pts e/w @ 5/1
    Euro 2016 - Group A Switzerland to finish in 3rd place 19 pts @ 45/17
    Euro 2016 - Top Goalscorer David Alaba 0.5 pts e/w @ 150/1
    Euro 2016 - Top Goalscorer Eden Hazard 1.25 pt e/w @ 40/1
    Euro 2016 - Top Goalscorer Gareth Bale 1 pt e/w @ 50/1
    Euro 2016 - Top Goalscorer Marco Janko 1 pt e/w @ 50/1
    Euro 2016 - To Win Group Belgium 40 pts @5/4
    Euro 2016 - To Finish Bottom of Group Czech Republic 33 pts @ 6/4
    Euro 2016 - To Finish Bottom of Group Russia 14 pts @ 18/5
    Euro 2016 - Wales Stage of Elimination Quarter Finals 9 pts @ 11/2
    Euro 2016 - Outright Poland 1 pt e/w @50/1
    Euro 2016 - Lowest goalscroing team England 0.5 pts @ 125/1
    Euro 2016 - Lowest goalscroing team Russia 2 pts @ 25/1
  • edited June 2016
    I'm adding one more..

Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Yilmaz and Bale. all to be top scorers for their country, 1pt 35/1
  • edited June 2016
    The value i see tonight is Razvan Rat to be carded, 12/5. decent odds as hes 35 and is going to be up against Payet/Griezmann (and possibly Martial off the bench) 2 pts on that

and 1pt Payet to be man of the match 7/1
  • edited June 2016
  • edited June 2016
    2/2 last night,

0.5 pts Schar anytime g/s 10/1
    3 pts Swiss win 19/20
    3 pts Agolli to be carded 9/2
  • edited June 2016
    Well that was a tap in on the over 42.5 booking points in Albania v Switzerland. 
  • edited June 2016
    Nice one Phantom!!!

Nailed a 10/1 winner in that game, what  a great start this has been, 

Im only having a few small bets in the next game

0-0 11/2 0.5 pts
    Danny Ward Motm 33/1 0.5 pts
    Svento to be carded 13/2 0.5 pts

• edited June 2016
    i fel into the free bet trap i did germany first then france and belgium thought id got it last night but no its germany the first team u bet on is the only one that counts first game last night had draw! always geting done by a 90 min goal iv always said thers a market for goals after 90 min but they wont do it 

• edited June 2016
    Another game where i am only betting small

0.5pts Dier Motm 33/1
    0.5pts Neudstadter to be carded 9/2
  • edited June 2016
    Bet Details
    ReceiptO/10151841/0003736
    Bet placed at10/06/2016 11:47
    Bet TypeSingle
    Bet ChannelWAP
    Number of lines1
    Stake per line£1.00
    Total stake£1.00
    SettledY
    Number of win lines1
    Number of void lines0
    Returns£2.80
  • edited June 2016
    see a goal 91 min i did £25 on the draw when it was 0-0 cashed out for a loss when england scored put under 1.5 goals lesson learnd never cash em out for a loss 90 min goals have been the bane of my season two night sunning now!! il start looking for goal after 90 min but sky dont offer they suspend markets at 88'i had a result on the wales game when it was 1-1 looked at the win market had wales at 5-1 stuck £50 on being a welshman now wales finish top the group
  • edited June 2016
    BOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Unlike England we have a winner!

33/1 will probably be the biggest odds bet i make at this Euros too.