You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Update - Main, Day 3, Droplet, Day 1C

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat

Good morning all.

I'm not sure if it's Sunday or Tuesday, morning or afternoon, coming or going, all these Day 3's & C's, but lets try & see where we are.

Comments

• edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016

It's currently 10.30am Vegas.

MAIN EVENT, Day 3

Play starts an hour later than originally scheduled, as play has finished later than anticipated on the earlier days. 

Play will commence at Noon Vegas (8pm UK). Play will continue until around 2am Vegas, or 10am UK. Clear as mud, eh?

It is now expected that with 2,186 remaining, & 1,011 paid, the money bubble will arrive in Level 14, which is the first level after today's Dinner Break. That'll be around 9pm Vegas, or 5am UK.

Good luck Mr Ambo, who is certainly in with a good shot at cashing. He has 68,000, blinds are currently 1,000-2,000/300 for another 1 hour & 10 minutes, then they go 1,200-2,400/400. 

So right now, he is playing around 34 Bigs (excluding antes). It costs 5,700 per orbit in the current level, rising to 7,200 per orbit in the next level. 

He cant - & knowing him, wont - try to sleep into the money, but a pot or two will do very nicely.

Good luck him.  

• edited July 2016

Little One Drop, aka Droplet

Play for the third opening flight - Day 1C - commences sat 3pm Vegas (11pm UK).

They will play 10 x 1 hour levels, with a 20 minute break after every 2 levels. So that means play will end around 2.20am Vegas (10.20am UK).  
  • edited July 2016

I'll try & work out which of our players is due to play Day 1C next. Bear with me, this may take a little while..... 
  • edited July 2016

Meanwhile, Dan - TV Dan - will be recording the Daily Video Update at around 11.30am (7.30pm UK), as with play starting later, Mr Ambo wont be across until then, as we don't want him standing around for 2 or 3 hours before he plays the Main Day 3 at Noon.

Allowing for the time it takes to edit the Daily Update (Dan edits the videos here, then sends them across to the Office for dissemination) the Daily Update may not go up today, or it may be very late at best.   
  • edited July 2016
    Come on Mr Ambo and all the Sky players.
  • edited July 2016
    The very very best of luck Neil.

and the best of luck to all the players left in the droplet.

Nannypat66
  • edited July 2016

I'd like to take a moment to mention Dan - Sky Poker Dan, who runs & produces the Sky Sports TV Show, & Sky Poker TV generally.

Today is Dan's last day here in Vegas, he goes home tomorrow.

Whilst here, he has organised, filmed, edited & sent back these videos:

Danny Negreanu

Liv Boeree

Jason Mercier

Roland de Wolfe (still to be edited)

Shane Warne

Teddy Sheringham

John Arne Riise

In addition, today will be the 7th Daily Video Update. These ones may sound relatively easy, but getting Mr Ambo & I readied & prepped & in the right place at the right time is harder than you may think
    . He does the initial research for each one, too, Ambo & I just add the "colour".

He also recorded a short video for internal use only, to send back to the Office. (Filming all the qualifiers together).

All (or almost all) the photos you see from us in Vegas are taken by Dan, too.

This is Dan's 5th or 6th trip to Vegas, & he has been with Sky Poker, at a guess, 7 or 8 years, starting as a lowly "runner", fetching cups of tea, carrying the kit, & worked his way up to Head Honcho of the TV side.

He is a perfect pain to work for sometimes - he wants everything just so - & I could have slapped him in the chops a few days ago when he insisted we record the Danny N interview at 2am, after we had both been working non-stop since 8am. But we got the interview, & it was exactly what we wanted.

Hard to think of a more dedicated & hard working bloke, & SB&G, & Sky Poker, should be proud of him. They are certainly very lucky to have chaps like him.

I hope you have enjoyed his work.  

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main, Day 3, Droplet, Day 1C:
    I'd like to take a moment to mention Dan - Sky Poker Dan, who runs & produces the Sky Sports TV Show, & Sky Poker TV generally.   Today is Dan's last day here in Vegas, he goes home tomorrow. Whilst here, he has organised, filmed, edited & sent back these videos: Danny Negreanu Liv Boeree Jason Mercier Roland de Wolfe (still to be edited) Shane Warne Teddy Sheringham John Arne Riise In addition, today will be the 7th Daily Video Update. These ones may sound relatively easy, but getting Mr Ambo & I readied & prepped & in the right place at the right time is harder than you may think . He does the initial research for each one, too, Ambo & I just add the "colour". He also recorded a short video for internal use only, to send back to the Office. (Filming all the qualifiers together).   All (or almost all) the photos you see from us in Vegas are taken by Dan, too.   This is Dan's 5th or 6th trip to Vegas, & he has been with Sky Poker, at a guess, 7 or 8 years, starting as a lowly "runner", fetching cups of tea, carrying the kit, & worked his way up to Head Honcho of the TV side.   He is a perfect pain to work for sometimes - he wants everything just so - & I could have slapped him in the chops a few days ago when he insisted we record the Danny N interview at 2am, after we had both been working non-stop since 8am. But we got the interview, & it was exactly what we wanted. Hard to think of a more dedicated & hard working bloke, & SB&G, & Sky Poker, should be proud of him. They are certainly very lucky to have chaps like him.   I hope you have enjoyed his work.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have met Dan a few times over the years. It is true that he's a good man.  Indeed, if SB&G were to put together a new cabinet I am certain that Dan would be the new Foreign Secretary.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main, Day 3, Droplet, Day 1C : I have met Dan a few times over the years. It is true that he's a good man.  Indeed, if SB&G were to put together a new cabinet I am certain that Dan would be the new Foreign Secretary.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Ha, new keyboard, please.
  • edited July 2016

I think this is today's line-up, but I await confirmation from Sam. As soon as he gets out of bed, I'll confirm. Play does not start for 3 hours yet, so plenty of time to sort.  

chicknMelt - Satellite - Table 3, Seat 2

like2biteu - VLV League - Table 2, Seat 2

DeejBluff  - Satellite - (I'm unsure, tbc)

IHadTrips7 - VLV League - Table 5, Seat 1

Alvez11 - Prio Race - Table 1, Seat 7

jimmyjazze - Mayhen - Table 2, Seat 8

snatiramas - Satellite - Table 9, Seat 4

TimmyRaRa - VLV League - Table 19, Seat 6

• edited July 2016
    Gl all and big thanks to Tikay and the team for the updates,videos,etc...
  • edited July 2016
    I think this is today's line-up, but I await confirmation from Sam. As soon as he gets out of bed, I'll confirm. Play does not start for 3 hours yet, so plenty of time to sort.   chicknMelt - Satellite - Table 3, Seat 2 like2biteu - VLV League - Table 2, Seat 2 DeejBluff   - Satellite - (I'm unsure, tbc) IHadTrips7 - VLV League - Table 5, Seat 1 Alvez11 - Prio Race - Table 1, Seat 7 jimmyjazze - Mayhen - Table 2, Seat 8 snatiramas - Satellite - Table 9, Seat 4 TimmyRaRa - VLV League - Table 19, Seat 6
    Posted by Tikay10

GL to all of the above and ofcourse to Neil in the main event.
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
    Mattprawn and Chipdiddy are also playing today.

I have been out of bed several hours and have been hitting the gym hard. 

Mark has been round the pool because "Now that I have my base tan, I can hit it harder and top up the bronze."

Mark is also dreading Topgolf tomorrow night as he is worried the customers will laugh at him when he misses the ball. I will have my camera ready so the whole world can see his skills.

• edited July 2016
    Ambo up to 91K after doubling up through Stephen Chidwick using the marvellous 8-7 off. He was dominated by Chidwick's Ace-8 but of course a seven came on the river to leave our man with some breathing space and Chidwick 1BB which he lost soon after

Also on Brit-on-Brit action, Luke Brereton has knocked out Jake Cody.

• edited July 2016

UPDATED

DeejBluff  - Satellite - (I'm unsure, tbc)

Mattprawn (Details awaited from Sam in due course)

Chipdiddy (Details awaited from Sam in due course)

• edited July 2016
    Just registered. Pavillion Table 165 Seat 4.

Good luck guys.

Mattp
  • edited July 2016
    Gl gl gl all playing little drop today. It's supposed to be the highest turnout so far. So gl with the grind and dust sent xx 
  • edited July 2016
    Gl gl gl all playing little drop today. It's supposed to be the highest turnout so far. So gl with the grind and dust sent xx 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Thanks Angel. Could use some of that dust!

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main, Day 3, Droplet, Day 1C : Thanks Angel. Could use some of that dust!
    Posted by mattprawn
    Best of luck Matt - Run well
  • edited July 2016

I'll update my little "Player List", as we have an extra runner.

Sam is going to take over the tip tapping for a while, whilst I take a few hours break, so if he can be trusted to do it properly, he should use my Player List (Copyright pending).  
  • edited July 2016

DeejBluff  - Satellite - Table 107, Seat 7

Mattprawn (Details awaited from Sam in due course)

Chipdiddy (Details awaited from Sam in due course)

Nutter5932 - Table 153, Seat 8
  • edited July 2016
    Good luck Matt and all.

Ger
  • edited July 2016
    Good luck Matt and all players from Sky.
  • edited July 2016
    I have just done the first sweep, coming up to the end of level 1 and we still have a full house.

chicknMelt - 9k

like2biteu - 6k

DeejBluff  - 11k

IHadTrips7 - 9k

Alvez11 - 10k

jimmyjazze - 8k

snatiramas - 11k

TimmyRaRa - 10k

Mattprawn - 5k

Nutter5932 - 12k
  • edited July 2016
    GL all guys playing today. Im topping up my tan by the pool, all ready for the golf tomorrow. Just so I look good on camera lol .
    Bring it home for Sky guys.
  • edited July 2016
    Cracked aces with top two pair for a cheeky double up to 11k

• edited July 2016
    I just walked over to see how Neil was getting on. When I arrived he had all his chips in with KK against his opponets AK. 

An Ace fell on the flop and Neil is left with 8,000 at 2,000/ 4,000. Rather brutal. 
  • edited July 2016