You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Update - Main, Day 3, Droplet, Day 1C

Comments

• edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
    The very best of luck to you all.

Nannypat66
  • edited July 2016
    Nearing the end of the second level and approaching the first break. We still have a full compliment:

chicknMelt - 5k

like2biteu - 5k

DeejBluff  - 12k

IHadTrips7 - 9k

Alvez11 - 10k

jimmyjazze - 4k

snatiramas - 15k

TimmyRaRa - 12k

Mattprawn - 9.5k

Nutter5932 - 11k
  • edited July 2016
    Alvez was looking distinctly bored at the table. Complaining that he normally plays far more tables than this.
  • edited July 2016
    We are approaching the end of level 3 in the droplet and we have our first casualty:

chicknMelt - 7k

like2biteu - 10k

DeejBluff  - 10k

IHadTrips7 - 14k

Alvez11 - 15k

jimmyjazze - Busto (no details)

snatiramas - 14k

TimmyRaRa - 12k

Mattprawn - 18k

Nutter5932 - 15k
  • edited July 2016
    Unfortunately the ambassadors Main Event run has come to an end.

After the brutal beat on his Kings earlier he got his last 7 Bigs in with KQ against A10 and didn't find any improvement.

A good run that ends just short of the money.
  • edited July 2016
    Halfway through level 4 in the droplet and we still just have the one casualty. There is no doubt I am much better at looking after them than Tikay.

I saw Timmy scooping a nice pot when he managed a few streets of value with the Aces. None of our remaining guys are too short and Matt, Timmy and Nutter seem to have approaching 20,000. Alvez still looks bored.

• edited July 2016

Sam went back to Palazzo after I returned, so I've got the wheel now.

Unforch, he omitted to tell me that all the table numbers had changed, or all the players had moved tables, so I've had a 'mare trying to find everyone amongst a sea of tables & faces......
  • edited July 2016

So far, I have located the following. If they are not on this list, it does NOT mean they are out (though they may be...) it just means I have, so far, been unable to find them.

Alvez - 16,500

Melty - 16,000

Snatty - 5,000

Nutter - 16,000

Mattprawn - 11,000

Bastian - 33,000
  • edited July 2016

The arrival of Snatty in the Media Centre was not a good sign.

He confirmed that he was busto, banana, outo.
  • edited July 2016

Meanwhile, Mr Ambo has jumped into the Droplet as a Late Reg.

All I have to do is find him now.

Should be easy. Ish.

• edited July 2016

A Tweet informs me that Ambo is "Black 180" & has doubled up already.

oioi.
  • edited July 2016
    Popped up to rail for a bit and had to leave as the dinner break was starting...

Enjoying the updates.

Good luck to all still playing.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Love Update - Main, Day 3, Droplet Day 1C:
    Popped up to rail for a bit and had to leave as the dinner break was starting... Enjoying the updates. Good luck to all still playing.
    Posted by markycash
    Yikes, how did we miss each other?

Sadly, the Big O Cash Games at The Rio are no longer running it seems. Think the Cash Game section will probably close tomorrow or Sunday.

Boooo.
  • edited July 2016

Ambo Alert

After sitting card dead in the Main for the best part of 3 days, Ambo jumped in the Droplet, took a flip & won, then found Aces v Kings - MBN - then flopped a set.

• edited July 2016

The Droplet really seems to be Last Chance Saloon, & all the Faces seem to be late regging Day 1C.

Have spotted Negreanu, Hellmuth, Laak, John Gale, Flushy, & plenty more besides.

Hellmuth is in a feisty angsty irritable mood, & is getting involved in verbal spats at anyone who has the impudence to play a hand against him.

He is wearing THE most bizarre pair of shiny, bright gold.....trainers.

Bright clothes & shoes, ridiculous.

• edited July 2016

Meanwhile, in the Droplet, I just saw the most embarrassing scene. Poker & alcohol are the perfect blend to help folks make utter fools of themselves, be in no doubt.

A chap lost it - completely lost it - due to the effects of alcohol. 

He was shouting & screaming - literally - 

"TIME, I CALL TIME"

...over & over against his opponent who was, to be fair, on the wind up.

Eventually, the opponent mucks, now Mr Drunk wants to see the mucked hand. By now, the Dealer has - very wisely, imo - mucked the hand, & shuffled the cards. Good luck finding the mucked hand now, but still he shouts & hollers - 

"SHOW ME HIS HAND, I DEMAND TO SEE HIS HAND"

The dealer calls the supervisor, the supervisor calls Floor, Floor calls a More Senior Floor, More Senior Floor sends for Jack Effel.

Now, Jack Effel is God around these parts, He Who Must Be Obeyed, the real deal.

He never shouts - he never has to - he has a natural air of authority about him.

Now Mr Drunk starts shouting at Jack, after being threatened with disqualification.

"YOU CAN'T DISQUALIFY ME, I HAVE CHIPS"

At which point, Jack loses it. "Get him out of here, you ARE BANNED my friend."

Security now arrive, in their bright yellow tops. (Who in their right mind wears bright yellow tops these days?)

They are 5 or 6 strong, & ask Mr Drunk to accompamny them outside. 

Mr Drunk is having none of it. 

So Security lift him up bodily, & remove him from the room. It was quite funny, they had him lifted up, but he was still shouting, & his little legs were thrashing back & forth.

As they carried him all the way down the corridor, before dumping him outside, his screaming & hollering could be heard throughout the corridor & cardrooms.

Nothing makes fools of people more than the alcohol & poker cocktail.

So Mr Drunk, who paid $1,111 to enter, & had a tidy stack (40,000 or more) has paid the full price - lost his $1,111, lost his 40,000 chips, & is banned from the WSOP. 

Do I have any sympathy for him? Not one iota, jot, or tickle.

• edited July 2016

In the Main Event, it is Level 15 (2,500-5,000/500) & with 1,011 due to be paid, just 1,044 remain, so the bubble is likely to be reached tonight. Whether they will go through the bubble is another matter - it can take a longggg long time.

There are some might big stacks now, but also plenty of little stacks, all desperately clinging on.

Course, players are not supposed to hang in until the money, it's not optimal, but when the money is $15,000, & maybe some of them satellited in for a few bob, who can blame them? 

• edited July 2016

I'm slowly sorting out the mess Sam left me in, & working out where everyone is sitting.

Few chip counts here, midway through Level 7 of 10 due to be played today. HUGE turnout today, a really monsta field this.

Ambo 45,000

Alvez 19,000

TimmyRaRa - 20,000

Melty 22,000

Nutter - 6,000

Mattprawn - 35,000

• edited July 2016

Nutter only has 6,000, but I rubbed his shoulder to give him some of my luck, wished him well, & sent him some of my ultra special good vibes.

I have a hunch he is going to double up a few times, & garner a huge stack.  

• edited July 2016

BUSTO ALERT

Nutter is BUSTO, OUTO, KAPUT, BANANA.
  • edited July 2016

If any of our Droplet players is reading this, & wants me to wish then good luck, just say the word, I'm here for you.
  • edited July 2016
    RE: Mr Drunk evictee.

No sympathy from me either.

Just wondering what happens to his chips in these cicrumstances? Do they stay on the table to be blinded out or are they removed?

GL to all left in.
  • edited July 2016
    Hahaha omg  Tikay. To all in the one drop run golden and dust sent