You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat
Gooooooooooood Luuuuuuuck to you all.

What is the average chip count please?

Nannypat66

Comments

• edited July 2016

A very good morning to you all from Las Vegas where, at 11am, the temperature is already 38C.

Today sees Day 2 of the Droplet ($1,111 Little One Drop) & we have TEN Sky Poker players who are still in, including Sky Poker Ambo Neil Channing.

769 players remain, & 654 will be paid, so the money bubble will soon be reached.

Play starts at 2pm Vegas (10pm UK).

Sky Poker aliases, chip counts & table/seat draws will follow shortly.

• edited July 2016

gooner473 - 100,700.  T56, S1

The_Fishhh – 46,000. T70, S1

chicknMelt 21,100. T16, S9

like2biteu 25,600. T26, S5.

RSPCA12  48,500. T54, S3

IHadTrips7 27,100. T41, S4

(Alias to follow) 15,400. T51, S5

TimmyRaRa 24,800. T51, S6

Neil Andrew Channing 60,800. T71, S4

Mattprawn 78,300. T90, S6

• edited July 2016
    me too Tikay...

mattprawn 78,300. T90. Seat 6.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - the July Nine:
    Gooooooooooood Luuuuuuuck to you all. What is the average chip count please? Nannypat66
    Posted by Nannypat66
    Morning Nanny,

I don't know the exact average, as not every player started with 10,000 chips, but 786 remain from 4,360 entrants, so it should be somewhere around 57,000.

With blinds 500-1,000/100, going to 600-1,200/200 in Level 11, I would think most of them could cash if they chose to play defensively, & if they go for the win, I'd still expect most of them to cash, as they have playable stacks relative to the blinds.

Should be a fun day.   
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - the July Nine:
    me too Tikay... mattprawn 78,300. T90. Seat 6.
    Posted by mattprawn

Ugh, sorry.

I've edited the player list now.

GL GL.

• edited July 2016

I've had to edit the thread title now.

;)
  • edited July 2016
    GL all run golden
  • edited July 2016
    Great updates throughout this series, so far.
    Hats off to Tikay, and the sky crew.
    I've enjoyed it this year, much more than other years.
    There seems to be a real buzz about this year (for me anyhow)

GL to the  SKY TEN 
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow:
    I've had to edit the thread title now. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry, I ruined your clever headline.  Maybe I should go busto quickly so you can revert...

See you later.

Matt
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow : Sorry, I ruined your clever headline.  Maybe I should go busto quickly so you can revert... See you later. Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    No way, I expect you to make Day 3.

As it happens, "Ten to Follow" works better - it's a great phrase for SEO.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow : Sorry, I ruined your clever headline.  Maybe I should go busto quickly so you can revert... See you later. Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Don't you DARE! Don't even think about it! lol Gl and run golden dust sent xxx
  • edited July 2016
    "Ten to follow"  reminds me i won 5k in a certain popular racing paper comp in 1993.
    Back to the poker.Good luck lads( no women?) I feel big cashes well overdue.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow : No way, I expect you to make Day 3. As it happens, "Ten to Follow" works better - it's a great phrase for SEO.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I really hope the TEN can all "COMMAND" a cash ........ uuuurrgggghhh 

GLGLGLGLGL to one and all
  • edited July 2016
    "Ten to follow"  reminds me i won 5k in a certain popular racing paper comp in 1993. Back to the poker.Good luck lads( no women?) I feel big cashes well overdue.
    Posted by chilling
    Good Lord - there's a thing - I won the "Pacemaker Ten to Follow" in 1979, from a field of 15,000 entrants.

I got a little lucky, amongst my selections I included a filly named "Three Troikas", who absolutely swept the board in French Group races that year, including the Vermaille, Harcourt & The Arc.

Remarkably, Alex Head (the dad) purchased her, Ghislaine (the wife) owned her, Criquette (the daughter) trained her & Freddy (the son) rode her. Quite extraordinary, & something I doubt will ever happen again at the pinnacle of horse racing.  

• edited July 2016
    Getting this number of players through to day three is a phenomenal achievement and shows the depth of quality among the players on Sky.  Good luck everyone that's still in.  I'm certain a few of you are gonna go very deep.  
  • edited July 2016
    Ah , i did know the pacemaker was the origin of the current racing post comp.By strange coincidence on the last day of the month which was a sunday, i was two points clear but my nearest challenger in the points had a horse running called Elizabeth Bay.A 1-3 shot in a five runner field at longchamp.It didnt even make the frame.Yippppppeeeee.
  • edited July 2016
    What time's kick off in the droplet tonight? 
  • edited July 2016
    Ah , i did know the pacemaker was the origin of the current racing post comp.By strange coincidence on the last day of the month which was a sunday, i was two points clear but my nearest challenger in the points had a horse running called Elizabeth Bay.A 1-3 shot in a five runner field at longchamp.It didnt even make the frame.Yippppppeeeee.
    Posted by chilling
    Yes, Pacemaker, which was really a thoroughbred bloodstock magazine, was the forerunner of the RP Ten to Follow thing. I had, at the time, a great interest & deep knowledge of racehorse breeding & bloodlines.

That final day 1/3 shot getting turned over is exactly the bit of luck we need to win these things.

Your post has reminded me that you asked me a question 3 or 4 days ago, & I forgot to reply. Will get on it shortly.

• edited July 2016
    What time's kick off in the droplet tonight? 
    Posted by TwoAnchors
    2pm Vegas, 10pm UK.

Sam is over at Palazzo, & is responsible for getting the players across to The Rio in time. I've reminded him 27 times that it starts at 2pm.  

• edited July 2016
    Anyone know what time day 2 starts?
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow : Yes, Pacemaker, which was really a thoroughbred bloodstock magazine, was the forerunner of the RP Ten to Follow thing. I had, at the time, a great interest & deep knowledge of racehorse breeding & bloodlines.   That final day 1/3 shot getting turned over is exactly the bit of luck we need to win these things. Your post has reminded me that you asked me a question 3 or 4 days ago, & I forgot to reply. Will get on it shortly.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I must be losing the plot. I was pretty sure you asked me if I had played any poker since the Sky staff & players arrived, but I've had a rummage around & can't find the post now.

As you were.

• edited July 2016
    Anyone know what time day 2 starts?
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hahahaha crying here. Don't be late! 
  • edited July 2016
    I did ask that question but deleted it, as if not being able to play now was correct, then it's a bit of a downer.
  • edited July 2016

The first of our Droplet Day 2 players has arrived - Mattprawn.

He came across from Palazzo on his own, as he said he did not trust Sam to organise things properly & did not want to be late.

Very wise, imo.
  • edited July 2016
    I did ask that question but deleted it, as if not being able to play now was correct, then it's a bit of a downer.
    Posted by chilling
    Ha, no, not a downer at all.

I played for around a month, & had a wonderful time, so I can't complain. I also had to go cap in hand to Sam & the Suits to ask if I could play the WSOP PLO8 $3,000, as that crossed with my "work dates". They were fine with that, & then that got extended by a day, as I made day 2, so I can't really take liberties & play any more. I've not even played a cash session since then, despite being sorely tempted.

It's not a problem any more - the cash games here have all finished now.

It's all good, but I have to admit, I'm itching to be playing, "snapping" the cards, handling real chips. It's the best.

• edited July 2016

Melty, Dog Bloke & Timmy have all arrived, as has Ambo.

No sign of Sam. He probably thinks it starts at 3pm.
  • edited July 2016
    Feels like i've been transported to the table of the monster stacks! Wish me luck...

• edited July 2016
    Feels like i've been transported to the table of the monster stacks! Wish me luck...
    Posted by mattprawn
    You'll be just fine.
  • edited July 2016
    Table 51 looks like a good one to watch, 2 Sky players plus 2010 ME runner-up John Racener
  • edited July 2016

GL to all in the droplet today.

If poss, can you keep track of Ben Vinson in the Main. He, along with Sam Trickett, played in that SnG at the UKPC with a load of us from Sky.