You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow

Comments

• edited July 2016

Players are busting at an extraordinary rate, & tables breaking all the time.

Best go find gooner before I lose track of him.
  • edited July 2016

235 remain.

The current payout is $2,640, with the next ladder being at 225th, which would be worth $2,998.

gooner has 220,000, with blinds still 2,000-4,000/500.
  • edited July 2016

With 225 left, that means......

• edited July 2016

Minimum payout is now $2,998.
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016

goner, playing 220,000 pops it up to about 11,000 with A-K.

Fella behind him, who has the nick of "Madman" shoves all in for 112,000.

We CALL.
  • edited July 2016

.....and the K high flop is good for gooner who banana's the villain, & propels gooner to north of 300,000.

• edited July 2016

Shortly after, on gooner's table (but not involving gooner), there was a 3 way all-in.

The hands?

A-A

A-A

K-K

The Aces held, chop chop. 

Trivia Alert

Each pair of Aces were just 2.04% to WIN the hand.

The Kings were 20.2% to WIN the hand.

However, the Aces were 75.6% to tie, whereas the Kings were just 0.4% to tie.

• edited July 2016

Apologies for all the waffle & trivia, but it's 0445 in the UK, so I have no readers at the mo, & I'm trying to make for an interesting early morning squeeze.
  • edited July 2016

With Level 16 now complete, they are on a 1 hour dinner break.
  • edited July 2016

Blinds go 2,500-5,000/500 upon resumption.

216 players remain.

The average stack is 201,532.

Last I checked, gooner had over 300,000.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow:
    Vwp Matty where did you come Is it now the 3 musketeers 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Hi Angel

Sorry for the delay, was just gathering my thoughts after the bust out.  Finished c 350th for $2100, about which I am very chuffed.  Played the exit hand very badly in hindsight, but guess the mental discipline is all part of the game and I was trying to give myself best chance of a real deep run.

Thanks to you and all on the forum for the Interest and support, it really helped me focus.  Tikay and the sky team have been fantastic and I can thoroughly recommend that anyone has a crack at qualifying for VLV next year.

Best

Matt

• edited July 2016

Droplet

Play has resumed.

3 early bananas means there are just 212 players remaining.

4 levels of play remain today.

gooner has some 330,000, which is more than 50% above average.

• edited July 2016

I arrive to see gooner (SB) in a pot, on this flop.....

5-4-7dd

The button fires out 12,500, gooner quickly 3 bets to 25,000.

Button does not look best pleased, & the staredown commences.

He gathers up around 80,000 for the threatened 4 bet, stares again at gooner..........

.......and folds.

gooner then button raises & takes the blinds very next hand.

BOSS MODE

• edited July 2016

Droplet

The attrition rate continues to be high, & just 195 players remain now.

gooner is sitting comfortably with around 340,000.

• edited July 2016

Play is scheduled to continue to around 2.15am Vegas, 10.15am UK, so plenty of play yet in Day 2. (Currently 22.20 Vegas).  
  • edited July 2016

The circus is leaving town

The WSOP is drawing to a close, & it's all rather sad, empty, & hollow here at The Rio.

324 remain in the Main, & 195 in the Droplet, & then that's it for another year.

The Pavilion Room - where all the cash games & Daily Deepstacks are held - has closed. The ceiling grid has been lowered to the ground, the security cameras removed, the tables & chairs are boing shrink-wrapped & removed until next year. 

The Poker Kitchen closes for the last time tonight, no hot food available tomorrow, just coffee & bottles of pop. All the little kiosks & trade stands are being dismantled.

The WSOP Merchandise Stand in the "roundola" has closed.

What next for The Rio Hotel? The 2016 Star Trek Convention, which will be the 50th such gathering. 50,000 attendees are expected. 

The Magic Marketplace Fall Show is in August, too, over at the LVCC, where 85,000 attendees are predicted.

There's very much more to Lass Vegas than poker.     

• edited July 2016

Droplet

Down to 180 now, & gooner has 365,000.

His table will be breaking shortly (one more table before his breaks), which is rather a shame as he seems to have the table sussed, but it's inevitable as the numbers dwindle.  

• edited July 2016

Droplet

168 remain, & that means they are just 5 spots off a $500 ladder to $3,437.

gooner's table is next to break.
  • edited July 2016

Droplet

162 left, so that next ladder is in the bag & he has $3,437 locked up.

His table has just broken, but no point in him settling down as he will be the third table to break.

He is a bit card dead right now, but is still comfortably above the average of 269,172.

• edited July 2016

I saw a comical hand earlier.

Plenty of chips in the middle already, on this board......

A-5-A-8-5

Player A now bets half the pot.

Player B calls quite quickly.

Player A says "you win" & insta mucks his hand face down.

Player B tables........2-3.

• edited July 2016

There has been a change to the schedule - instead of paying 10.5 levels today, they will play 10 levels.

Allowing for the imminent break, that means play will end at around 2am Vegas, 10am UK.

• edited July 2016

153 remain, average is 269,000.
  • edited July 2016
    An amazing effort by everyone, especially those that cashed.  Outsanding from Gooner, really hope he goes very deep, seems like he's playing with loads of heart and getting involved in plenty of pots.  He's clearly giving himself every chance.

A special mention for Neil who went out in such a ridiculous way.  Must have been heartbreaking for him especially on top of how close he came to cashing in the Main.  If his Aces had held he'd have had the kind of stack that could easily have carried him to the final table.  No wonder his nickname is "Bad Beat".  That was truly a brutal end to four or five days grinding.

Will check in again soon for more Gooner updates.  

Keep 'em coming Tikay, they are much appreciated. 
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow:
    An amazing effort by everyone, especially those that cashed.  Outsanding from Gooner, really hope he goes very deep, seems like he's playing with loads of heart and getting involved in plenty of pots.  He's clearly giving himself every chance. A special mention for Neil who went out in such a ridiculous way.  Must have been heartbreaking for him especially on top of how close he came to cashing in the Main.  If his Aces had held he'd have had the kind of stack that could easily have carried him to the final table.  No wonder his nickname is "Bad Beat".  That was truly a brutal end to four or five days grinding. Will check in again soon for more Gooner updates.   Keep 'em coming Tikay, they are much appreciated. 
    Posted by TwoAnchors
    Yes, a horrible exit for Ambo. Such is poker.

You are right as to gooner - he is playing with great heart & spirit, & does not seem bothered by any other players.

• edited July 2016

gooner gets unlucky - with Quads

In a three way pot, with 4 hearts on the board, gooner has quad sixes but can't get paid.

It only needs one of them to hold a singleton heart & he gets some action, but it was not to be.

• edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016

Gross news incoming

144 left.

• edited July 2016

And once again, I report that gooner's table is next to break.
  • edited July 2016

Blinds are currently 4,000-8,000/1,000.