You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow

1235»

Comments

• edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016

The table break took place, & this time it's unlikely he'll be moving again soon, as he is on "table 2", which won't be breaking until they make the Final.
  • edited July 2016

Meanwhile, over in the Main which is in Amazon Room (the Droplet is in the Brasilia Room) the clock has stopped & they are playing the last few hands.

Any time now, the corridor will explode with hubbub, hustle & bustle as the players exit the Amazon Room & start that long, long walk up the Rio Corridor.

• edited July 2016
    ... or redraw overnight.

124 left with the current payout level $3437. It stays at this level until we get down to 99 players, when the money jumps accelerate and go up every 9 players.

Frenchman Guillame Diaz is the only player with over a million chips with a phalanx of Americans next - Ben Grise, Michael Gragg and Jordan Hanrich. First well known name is Calvin Anderson in 6th.

Some other players still showing with chips - Jared Jaffee, Marvin Rettenmaier, Chris Ferguson, Jeff Madsen and John Racener.

No Brits are showing among the chip counts but then only 36 people are showing, and that inlcudes one or two that have busted anyway. Come on WSOP, sort it out!
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update, Droplet Day 2 - Ten to Follow:
    [QUOTE]... or redraw overnight. 124 left with the current payout level $3437. It stays at this level until we get down to 99 players, when the money jumps accelerate and go up every 9 players. Frenchman Guillame Diaz is the only player with over a million chips with a phalanx of Americans next - Ben Grise, Michael Gragg and Jordan Hanrich. First well known name is Calvin Anderson in 6th. Some other players still showing with chips - Jared Jaffee, Marvin Rettenmaier, Chris Ferguson, Jeff Madsen and John Racener. No Brits are showing among the chip counts but then only 36 people are showing, and that inlcudes one or two that have busted anyway. Come on WSOP, sort it out!
    Posted by FCHD

Ahh yes, I never thought of that. Not sure if they redraw - guess they likely will.
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016

Play is scheduled to end in 40 minutes, though they generally stop earlier & call "last X hands".
  • edited July 2016
    Fantastic updates from the sky team, love it! 

Ger
  • edited July 2016

gooner lost a big pot to slide back down to 230,000, which was a bit of a blow.

A few hands later, he got a good chunk back when check called the flop & turn.

The river delivered every draw going - 2 straights & a flush, but gooner bet out, forcing the fold. He had a set.

That gets him back to 300,000.

Blinds are currently 5,000-10,000/1,000, so he has around 30 Bigs.

• edited July 2016
    Fantastic updates from the sky team, love it!  Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks Ger, I will pass that on to Sam - both the 2 updates he posted were good, yes.
  • edited July 2016
    Morning, is there any info on gooner473 in the shape of,how long has he been playing on sky,what type of game and buyin level does he favour .
    Posted by chilling
    No, I don't have that info available to me, though I know he won his seat via a Satellite.

He has a decent "live" CV though, with a few decent results, mainly in Luton & London, but with a sprinkling of overseas flags, too.
  • edited July 2016
    Bye-Bye Bob Bounahra. Bold Belizean busted from Big Blind.

The 2011 November Niner is one of the recent eliminations as WSOP are now showing 110 left.
  • edited July 2016

ACTION ACTION ACTION

In the space of 10 minutes, gooner........

Ran 10-10 into slow played Aces on a low board.

Ran 10-10 which setted up into Kings - which also setted up.

Ran A-Q into Queens & failed to improve.

Finally, after a 2Xup, he got his last 100,000 in with A-K & walked into Queens, & failed to improve.

From 400,000 to zero in the space of 10 minutes.

He's a bit cross with himself that he failed to get off any of those coups, perhaps due to tiredness, but I think he did himself, & Sky Poker, proud.

I don't have his finishing position yet, but I think he was around 114th, something like that.

And so that's a very good night from me, with the line I was hoping not to write.....

gooner is a goner.

• edited July 2016
    vul gooner wp
    thx for all the updates Tikay you,ve done a marvellous job
    wp all the Sky players hope you all had a blast enjoy the rst of your trip
    heres to next year conna wait already :)
  • edited July 2016

proud of you gooner.  vwp.  well done representing us all at home so well.

thanks for the updates tikay, and all.

• edited July 2016
    Fantastic result for all the Sky Players and Well done to all who cashed..
    I hope you all enjoy your last few days in Vegas.
    Thanks also to the sky team for great updates they were amazing.

Nannypat66

• edited July 2016
    Well played to all the qualifiers and to sky for what looks like another excellent trip.
    Thanks for all the updates especially Tikay who must feel like he's talking to himself all night (UK time).
    I am sure I am not the only one who enjoys catching up post by post first thing in the morning.
    All the effort is much appreciated.

And thanks to FCHD for his efforts on the excellent WSOP thread.
  • edited July 2016
    Well played to all sky players who played the wsop you did sky proud. To the magnificent 7 awesome cashes and vwp. To tikay and the rest of the sky team awesome reporting as always and I am sure you could do with a holiday to get over this. Enjoyed every single update just wish had been there on the proper rail. Enjoy the rest of.your time in Vegas and chill. Safe journey home. 
  • edited July 2016
    a fantastic effort by both the sky players  and the sky team inspirational stuff.

many thanks also to fchd for his extensive coverage of events in the wsop in   vegas
  • edited July 2016
    Well played all the Sky players some nice cashes with a bit more luck who knows how far they could of gone, Mr Ambo very unlucky in both events if the poker gods have any decency you will go a long way in a tournament soon. Absolutely green with envy at the Sky qualifiers will be trying to get there next year, Tikay and all the Sky staff in Vegas a job very well done.
  • edited July 2016
    Well played everyone especially Gooner.  Terrific updates TK ,  thank you. 
  • edited July 2016
    Well done Gooner and thanks for the cracking updates Tikay and the rest of the Sky team.
  • edited July 2016
    Spik1966 did you play yet?