You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Token of Appreciation (0 to somewhere nice with the aid of a few tokens). Pledge of Positivity.

12345679»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Thanks Quickfeet.

POKER UPDATE. Yes that's right a poker update. I played Poker last night.

As mentioned Tikay had arranged a free entry for running the HUFA II comp so I finally took the opportunity and was in the £22 B/H at 22:00.

Didn't feel I played particularly well, apart from managing not to go busto when a BB defended with T3o and then flopped 2 pair and after 2 checks I hit my A on the turn.

My MTT mantra is if you are not playing well, try and stay in the tourney and then see if you can get lucky at the business end.

After drifting between half starting to starting + abit stack I finally found some luck when a shortstack shoved on my BB and I called and held with A5 v K2.

Had just under 2x starting and 25bbs when I get it in pre with QQ v TT pre. Flop came 3 hearts and I have the Qh. Turn T but I still have a Q or any heart as outs and the river comes a 2nd A to give my opponent a FH. GG GN.

Still over £9 from a free entry and I enjoyed the game so let's take the positives and thanks again Tikay.

Also played a couple of DYMS won 1 lost 1 but that gives me 25 points now, so may have a go at a Mayhem FR and depending on how the rest of the weekend pans out may go for the Super Sunday FR.

• edited May 2017
    Excited for Manchester SPT.

If I dont qualify I will make sure to be there.

I did enter a Mayhem freeroll but bombed out on my first flip.

Watched a film last night, it was about one of the longest reigning managers of Leeds in modern times, Brian Clough.

Apparently Derby were quite good in the 70s, who knew?

Struggling with the book, read more but not feeling it at all,

The Lune valley is pretty, I think I want to move to Hornby (no model trains there) but a very picturesque village with 3 pubs and a butchers shop.

• edited May 2017

I really liked The Damned United, if that's what you're talking about, but read it years ago and can't remember too much about it. Dark and lots of swearing, right? I should go into book reviewing. 

Yep, bricked a bunch of those Mayhem things myself. Think I won one head and lost something like 15/15 flips on my successive attempts. Good times. 

Going to try and qualify for the SPT as well. See you there. I can give you some more book reviews if you like. 
  • edited May 2017
    The film was The Damned United yes, really enjoyed it.

The book is different though, the one I started the other week and I am struggling with tbh. I picked it as I wanted something light and funny. I think I have got one out of 2 of those and not the one I would prefer. Dont think I will ever buy a book based on Amazon reviews ever again.

I try not to tell people what book I am reading until I have finished as I don't want spoilers and I like to make my own mind about its merits.

I'll provide a review when finished (if I remember by the time I finish it).

I used to swap books with an avid reader at work. We made a pact not to say anything until the book was finished. One book I passed on was an absolute belter of a thriller, a real page turner, until about the last 10 pages that is because it was without doubt the most contrived, rushed and disappointing end to a book I have ever encountered. Now if I had told him that before I gave it him he wouldn't have enjoyed the first 98% of the book would he.

Still the author has done ok, won awards, that book was made into a Hollywood film - I don't think I will watch it.

See you in Manchester. If I offer to lend you a real page turner of a thriller, pass.