You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Challenge Channing

Comments

• edited September 2016

Good fun event that one. Got 3rd...enjoyed it.
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016

Gonna play cash tonight at 6pm for an hour. I'll make it relatively small stakes.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Challenge Channing:
     Gonna play cash tonight at 6pm for an hour. I'll make it relatively small stakes.
    Posted by NChanning
    I know you were asked last week, but would you consider playing in the Orfordable deepstack this evening? It's a great little tournament full of forum regs. Always friendly banter and it would be good to have your fine self onboard.
  • edited September 2016

Hi Waller,

I definitely would but right now the schedule for Challenge Channing is planned some weeks in advance so it can be displayed on the site nice and early and people who want to play can see nice and early while people at Sky Poker can know what to Tweet about. I've just put together the schedule for next month which is when the new MTT schedule starts and the emphasis is on playing some of the new events to help get the word out there. Remind me though and I'll play it soon.

Today I'm going to start playing a smallish cash game in a minute and then tonight I'm very pleased to be playing the 1st High Roller.
  • edited September 2016
    No worries, just thought I'd ask.

Looking forward to seeing the new MTT schedule, it has been a while since it was last revamped.

Best of luck in the high roller tonight.
  • edited September 2016

I'm feeling pretty rough...it seems this flu that is going around is attracted to health gods like myself as well as lazy slobs. I'm going to play my session which will be a small cash game at noon.

Take it easy on me.
  • edited September 2016
    It was nice playing with a pro (albeit an ill one) I very luckily kicked his butt on one big hand but in turn had mine kicked too :)
  • edited September 2016

I was having a word with a couple of guys who have control of the Sky Poker purse strings the other day and I suggested that at the end of a Challenge Channing cash session I could maybe give out the odd spot prize. My plan with this promotion was to play quite a few daytime cash sessions to give people who are retired or who work funny hours to get to play me at small stakes. It's definitely very easy for Sky Poker to put a bounty on me when I play mtts but I thought maybe a prize for the last person to win a pot from me, the person who wins the biggest pot versus me or the person who does the best bluff might be good.

I'm going to suggest that you get a spot prize for being a good sport Goody Ace. I have no idea how much we ought to give away but I'll get someone to put a tenner into your account as soon as they read this here. If you don't get anything after the weekend maybe bump this thread and remind me to email someone.

Hope it's lucky money.
  • edited September 2016
    Nice gesture Neil.

I suggest he cashes out and uses it on a flu jab
  • edited September 2016

I covered my mouth when coughing and tried not to touch the cards so he should be Ok.
  • edited October 2016
    That would be very generous and sporting Neil.......I'll hold my breath. (Like I did yesterday)
  • edited October 2016

It's Cha-Cha time tonight, bust Neil Channing & earn £100.

Our man has had the 'flu - man-flu no doubt - & at his age, it takes a while to recover.

Punish him.

Details are HERE
  • edited October 2016

Definitely a good week to play The Major as you can be the first person to win it (as it's ben rebranded) plus with about 100 players so far and a lovely £15,000 guarantee you will probably get an overlay. On top of all of that a bloke who feels absolutely washed out will be sitting-in soon and if you bust him you get £100...his screename is NChanning.
  • edited October 2016
    Cough, they never bunged me that tenner Neil....
  • edited October 2016

My fault. I should of emailed someone to do it rather than relying on this thread to hang around at the top. I did email last night and I got a reply saying it would be done. Hopefully you'll get that today.
  • edited October 2016
    Can't you get the post pinned??
  • edited October 2016

If I always remember to post here when I play it ought to be near the top most days.
  • edited October 2016

Just a reminder that it's Challenge Channing time at noon today.

I'm doing a cash session...not sure what stakes...if anyone is out there and wants me to join them if their game could do with some loose action please let me know. I may even give out a spot prize if you're lucky.
  • edited October 2016

Had a lovely little 2p/4p session...played a few interesting hands. In the 2nd last hand Weedster made a good call with 2nd pair when I shoved an up and down straight draw that didn't get there and in the last hand he shoved the turn with an ace for the nut straight...he didn't know I had an ace and the nut flush draw. We split but Weedster gets a free tenner into his account for winning my final pot of the day.

Well played Weedster.
  • edited October 2016
    On the subject of challenging Channing, are you up for a repeat entry into the HUFA Cup this year?
  • edited October 2016

I'm just about to sit down and play the 5 at 5 in case anyone is around and wants to take me on...
  • edited October 2016

Didn't last too long in that one. I decided to switch to a cash game and lost a bit at 15p/30p with some nice people. I'll be back on Thursday morning for another Challenge Channing.
  • edited October 2016

It's definitely cash this morning from 10am to 11am...will be small stakes for sure. Come and join me.
  • edited October 2016

I ran a bit golden in that game and stacked everyone. We had a fun table though and I got Sky to give a tenner back to the three people who were the most unlucky...not bad in a 5p/10p game.
  • edited October 2016

Hopefully I got my bad luck out of the way tonight...will be back to play all the UKOPs main events.
  • edited November 2016

Just going to settle down to play the UKOPs main and there is a cash bounty on me tonight. Little bit late so apologies if you are already out...had a funny day.
  • edited November 2016

That's pretty annoying...I'm having a few issues with the internet and I'm not going to be able to play tonight. I'll get Sky to put a bounty on me in one of the main events later in the week.
  • edited November 2016

I've been pretty easy to bust this week so you should be Ok if you find yourself on my table to get a nice £100 from Sky Poker. Obviously it's a rebuy so you need to completely finish me off.
  • edited November 2016

Just about t settle down to play today's main event. There is a bit of an overlay at the moment in case you were on the fence about playing.