You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Challenge Channing

13»

Comments

• edited November 2016

Nobody needs an excuse to play the main event but in case you did...

...you get to play with me and if you send me to the virtual rail then you get an extra 100 quid.

Pretty nice of Sky Poker. I ought to try and save them the money by winning.
  • edited November 2016

I'm up for the Challenge tonight in the High-Roller in case anyone fancies taking a shot or playing some of the many satellites.
  • edited November 2016

Somebody asked me the other week if I'd play the Orfordable League game as part of Challenge Channing. I'm doing it tonight and Sky Poker have kindly kicked in £25 as a bounty which will be nice for someone.

See you later. 
  • edited November 2016

You will be most welcome.
  • edited November 2016
    whoop whoop or should that be oh dear god hope he isn,t on my table , mores the chance with it being a 10 seater
    welcome aboard Mr Channing hope you enjoy
  • edited November 2016
    Had a nice fun game tonight. I think karma came in to play as Ben Hur was involved in a pot where he lost with QQ vs AQ and he decided to berate his opponent for making the call. As I usually do in these spots I took the time to explain to him, just for poker reasons alone, why that is not a good thing to do. My getting involved in these spots, which I have now done for 16 years of playing online poker, just gets me a load of abuse for my trouble quite often but Ben Hur kept quiet, then thought for a bit and then apologised and explained he was just frustrated...which is totally understandable...this game can be pretty annoying.

Twenty minutes later he bust me and got the £25 bounty which he hadn't realised was on my head tonight.

Well played to him.
  • edited November 2016
    it was a pleasure neil ty hope to see you again
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Challenge Channing:
    it was a pleasure neil ty hope to see you again
    Posted by stokefc
    it was a pleasure to play on the same table and win the bounty ( still hasn't been credited to my account) .
    the hand being referred to QQ v AQ had another additional element , this being that villain called my all in, making him to commit his whole stack of I think was about 8000 , I think blinds were 200/400 and I also had him covered chip size too. As much as it paid off for him because he hit the A and then another. I did call the guy an idiot and bingo caller, few mins later I did apologise for calling him an idiot, but I wasn't frustrated. neil explained a few points which ive took on note. its just one of those hands which we all have faced and will again in the future whether we are the winner or loser of it. we all should accept the life of playing poker at any level, as we all get those bad beats against us and we all at some time just get a gut instinct to make the hero call cross our fingers and hope we hit . and as neil said, karma plays a part somehow somewhen, through mistakes we learn and develop and through triumph we learn more and share our knowledge to those who are just starting in this game. and my karma tonight was taking out neil in tonights offordable challenge depsatack, £25 which was more than finishing 3rd.
    so be nice or apologise if say something bad and accept the bad beats and enjoy many more games on sky poker
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Challenge Channing : it was a pleasure to play on the same table and win the bounty ( still hasn't been credited to my account) . the hand being referred to QQ v AQ had another additional element , this being that villain called my all in, making him to commit his whole stack of I think was about 8000 , I think blinds were 200/400 and I also had him covered chip size too. As much as it paid off for him because he hit the A and then another. I did call the guy an idiot and bingo caller, few mins later I did apologise for calling him an idiot, but I wasn't frustrated. neil explained a few points which ive took on note. its just one of those hands which we all have faced and will again in the future whether we are the winner or loser of it. we all should accept the life of playing poker at any level, as we all get those bad beats against us and we all at some time just get a gut instinct to make the hero call cross our fingers and hope we hit . and as neil said, karma plays a part somehow somewhen, through mistakes we learn and develop and through triumph we learn more and share our knowledge to those who are just starting in this game. and my karma tonight was taking out neil in tonights offordable challenge depsatack, £25 which was more than finishing 3rd. so be nice or apologise if say something bad and accept the bad beats and enjoy many more games on sky poker
    Posted by benhur7200

These are never credited until the following day. Not sure if they even get credited during weekends, but you will definitely get it.
  • edited November 2016
    Neil would you like to play our  Xmas TPT Flying Dagg Invitational on December 7th at 8pm. Deep stack bounty hunter. Lots of fun and banter.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Challenge Channing : These are never credited until the following day. Not sure if they even get credited during weekends, but you will definitely get it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I got it, and many thanks
  • edited November 2016

Glad you got it Ben, hope it's lucky money.

I am down to play something else that night Darkangel but I think I might have to speak to Sky about changing it as I have a family commitment that night. Maybe the next one?

Tonight I'm playing the Sunday Major and there is a bounty so get in and get me.
  • edited November 2016
     Glad you got it Ben, hope it's lucky money.  I am down to play something else that night Darkangel but I think I might have to speak to Sky about changing it as I have a family commitment that night. Maybe the next one?  Tonight I'm playing the Sunday Major and there is a bounty so get in and get me.
    Posted by NChanning

Thanks for the reply Neil much appreciated. Good luck in the Sunday Major. Run golden.
  • edited November 2016

The good news is I'm playing he GUKPT today and I'll hopefully last a while so I can do some fun twitter stuff where I get Sky to give you guys free stuff.

The bad news is that means I'm not going to be sitting at home playing Challenge Channing. Apologies for not realising back in October that I was going to play today rather than yesterday. You can catch me next time.