You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XVII

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

UKOPS will return this October/ November and this is your opportunity as a community to feed into the schedule. We have a number of ideas of how the series will look but who better to shape the schedule than the people that will play in it. 

For now it is an open forum, what would you like to see? We are talking length of series, types of tournaments, number of events. Anything. As we get closer we will start to add a little more detail, but for now what do you want?

I can't promise we will take every suggestion. We will not have a £10,000 GTD PLO8 event and the Main Event will not have a £100,000 guarantee. 

But please leave your thoughts below and we will have some healthy debate. 

Comments

• edited September 2016
    £3 deepy
    £5 deepy
    £11 deepy with sats
    £22 deepy with sats
    £55 deepy with micro sats
    ty sky

• edited September 2016
    10 seater deepstack, similar to the Orfordable.

£5.50 - £11 buyin
  • edited September 2016
    Good time to create a bit of interest in the series and have a leaderboard promotion for the mtt players with cash prizes for the top 20 players of the festival. With points based on highest points for wins, final table and cashing, should also get 1 point for every tournament you enter even if you dont cash as this would encourage people to play.
  • edited September 2016
    Bring back sky tv
    So that every body could watch
  • edited September 2016
    Don't think its as straightforward as that, Wynne! Red tape and all that jazz.

Was the last UKOPs 2 weeks long? That felt like it dragged on a little (assuming I'm remembering the right series) Over a week but under 2 seems a good fit; Friday night until the following Sunday?

That could enable Sky to, if they were so inclined, run a smaller (but still chunky) version of the main event on the first Sunday before finishing the series with the big stuff on the latter Sunday?

Given Tikay a tap in with smaller but still chunky, marv.
  • edited September 2016
    I would like as many PLO8 events as possible. Obviously I appreciate they will be low buy ins but I do remember a good turn out for a £20 event in a previous UKOPS.

If you add in Bearlyther suggestion, that would also help.
  • edited September 2016
    Variety with less bounty hunters than found on an average week on Sky.

UKOPS mtt leaderboard with rewards / awards

Thanks for asking :-)

• edited September 2016
    Leaderboard seems a good idea. If only I could think of someone who could do this!

Might be good time to try something different as part of the series. Suggest 1 or more of the following:-

Deepstack day
    12/15 minute blinds
    7 minute blinds
    5 minute blinds
    Back to 2010 day (Primo etc)
    A different number of seats-9 max/4 max?? (If the former, antes or speed essential)
    A tournament that must win a qualifier to play-poss via STTs

Perhaps have a 3rd major MTT at 7.30 or 9 for the series

Bracelets for leaderboard winners at lower levels
  • edited September 2016
    Maybe 5 MTT's a night over a 2 week period with at least some variety in game format and buy ins.

A leaderboard where players get x amount of points for a cash, FT and win etc offering some prizes for the top however many.
  • edited September 2016
    like the leaderbored idea a main ukops sched a low ukops sched a high ukops sched and  side events, so main 55 -110 buy in low buy in 3-20 quid buy in high buy in from 110-550 hr  side events from 5 buy ins rebuys-55 bounty. so avg day will be something like.
    main day 
    5 rebuy side
    20 deepstack low
    40 bh side
    110 fo main
    550 high 
    55 speed side

day 2

5 rebuy side
    3 deepstack low
    30 deepstack side
    110 bh main
    110 deppstack high
    55 bh  side 

day 3 rebuy day
    10 rebuy side
    5 1 rebuy low
    10 rebuy side
    55 rebuy main 
    110 1 rebuy/addon high 
    50 f/o side

day 4 f/o day 
    20 fo side
    5 fo low 
    110fo main
    220 fo high
    55 speed fo side

day 5 turbo day
    5 turbo rebuy side
    5 turbo 1 rebuy/addon low 
    20 turbo bh side
    110 turbo fo main
    150 turbo fo high
    55 speed bh side
  • edited September 2016
    I like the leaderboards idea as suggested earlier. I think a mixture of bh's rebuys and freezeouts would be good. 
    Some bigger buy in mains with tons of satellites would be great
  • edited September 2016
    I like the leaderboard too but it HAS to be tiered. Small, medium and big buyin and an overall if there are any prizes, if it's just bragging rights then fair enough one. I was sceptical last year to the two week UKOPs but it went very well and I actually liked it as we had a bigger variety of MTTs and doing one of these a year is definitely the way to go to make each one special. 

As for MTT ideas, a rebuy BH would be nice but I understand it's too much of a technical set up regards software. A bubble dash MTT would be nice but the main thing is lots of different buy ins and a Main, Mini and Micro of the day would be cool

Thanks. 
  • edited September 2016
    Very excited about this.

Rebuys, rebuys and some more rebuys please :)
  • edited September 2016
    deep stack high buy in freezeouts please
  • edited September 2016
    As always I would love a heads up mtt

10 / 9  seaters would be incredible

A small buy in hyper turbo

A shootout would be cool also
  • edited September 2016
    Have a grand final where all the winners from the two weeks get free entry  daily sats and aim the freerolls for that two weeks at the sats and anybody that wants to pay there own way £250--£500 entry a sort of champion of champions tournament
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVII:
    10 seater deepstack, similar to the Orfordable. £5.50 - £11 buyin
    Posted by waller02

I like this idea, but perhaps a shorter clock as we have no antes?

Some turbo freezeouts and a PLO8 B/H would be great fun. 

• edited September 2016
    A range of deepstacks as suggested but satellites for the bigger BI tournaments.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVII : I like this idea, but perhaps a shorter clock as we have no antes? Some turbo freezeouts and a PLO8 B/H would be great fun. 
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Quelle surprise.
  • edited September 2016
    As always I would love a heads up mtt 10 / 9  seaters would be incredible A small buy in hyper turbo A shootout would be cool also
    Posted by Itsover4u
    +1 for the HU and shootout idea's. I think these would offer a nice variety from the norm.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to UKOPS XVII:
    Hi All, UKOPS will return this October/ November and this is your opportunity as a community to feed into the schedule. We have a number of ideas of how the series will look but who better to shape the schedule than the people that will play in it.  For now it is an open forum, what would you like to see? We are talking length of series, types of tournaments, number of events. Anything. As we get closer we will start to add a little more detail, but for now what do you want? I can't promise we will take every suggestion. We will not have a £10,000 GTD PLO8 event and the Main Event will not have a £100,000 guarantee.  But please leave your thoughts below and we will have some healthy debate. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Please can you look at the schedule and how it fits in with the current schedule. Sometimes you end up with less games than on a normal night and other times you have say a £22bh followed by a ukops £22bh 30mins later. 

I like the idea of a 2 week series with mini version in week one and higher buy ins week after. In week one you have sats for week 2. This will help players who only play on certain nights so they can sat into next weeks event. 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to UKOPS XVII : Please can you look at the schedule and how it fits in with the current schedule. Sometimes you end up with less games than on a normal night and other times you have say a £22bh followed by a ukops £22bh 30mins later.  I like the idea of a 2 week series with mini version in week one and higher buy ins week after. In week one you have sats for week 2. This will help players who only play on certain nights so they can sat into next weeks event. 
    Posted by MattBates

I think this is a great idea, I often dont get home until later and can't try to sat into the main events that I am too tight to pony up for ;-)
  • edited September 2016

1) Satellite saturation - Putting more sats on then previous UKOPS will hopefully work, especially now there is a filter for these to be seen or not seen. 
    Some last min (hour before) all in sats to Main Events/other events will also increase players numbers. Even if some were put on without a 'seat' guaranteed if the min number was not reached. In this scenario, cash would just be paid out and Sky Poker would not lose out to any overlay. All depending on if this was something the software could handle.

2) Promotion/comps etc - Golden tickets to be won into events by prize draw. Forum generated comps for entry's too.

3) High Roller Event - To attract players on a certain day (Sunday). Together with a reasonable satellite filter tree for all levels to attempt.

4) League Table - Agree with this, but to cut a lot of work out, just make two trophies and send to Wacko & Batesy now.
  • edited September 2016

One more...

5) Structure/Format of Main/Mini - If this could be as close as poss and the 'jackpot' prize promoted, hopefully numbers would increase in both events
  • edited September 2016
    The mains and highrollers should have bigger timebanks than usual.Players need more time making tough decisions in these big events worth alot of money.

• edited September 2016
    Whole thing she be eight days, Sunday to Sunday. A daily high roller for £200, £300 would be good. All minis £10 to make them different.  Remove reg fees on rebuys to attract more. Maybe one main to be totally reg free as a special feature.
  • edited September 2016
    Whole thing she be eight days, Sunday to Sunday. A daily high roller for £200, £300 would be good. All minis £10 to make them different.  Remove reg fees on rebuys to attract more. Maybe one main to be totally reg free as a special feature.
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi Paul,

My understanding of the current thinking is that rebuys & add-ons during UKOPS will NOT attract rake/reg fee.
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks Sky for asking,
    How about having a main event one evening that everyone could afford to play?
    Maybe a 10-15k with a £5.50 buy in, something like the roller? "one for the masses" an all inclusive tournament.
    I do not know, but suspect, that lots of small ball players would love to play the big main events but, for whatever reason, cannot afford to risk £33-£110 to play.Could one of the "minnows" win your version of the FA Cup.
    May or may not be a popular idea. It may also attract more new people to the site.
    Another idea, although I doubt it is possible, is a mixed event,alternate levels of different games?
    Just a thought could be fun?
    Another could be a heads up knockout tounament, best of five move on to next round.
    Anyway I look forward to whatever you decide, hopefully for those of us who do enjoy the four card game there will be a few to play.
    Thanks again
    Nick
  • edited September 2016
    I for one would like a £9,000 GTD plo8 event
  • edited September 2016
    A heads up MTT would be amazing, would need to be round based though, not like the Heads up bounty hunters