You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XVII

13»

Comments

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVII:
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVII : Of course it is difficult-a case could be made for at least 50 players to be top 3. I agree with SoLack's 10-another 10 would be (in no particular order) :- 1. SoLack; 2. Lmfaoallin; 3. Limp2Lose; 4. JonTSnow; 5. Arrogant; 6. Wacko90; 7. Haysie; 8. Nutter 5932; 9. Rspca12; 10. TommyD There is more depth than people realise on Sky-the 10 i have mentioned are (in my view) the equal of SoLack's-the most important factors will be luck and volume. It might be interesting to have a competition to name the top 10.... Phil
    Posted by Essexphil

I'm assuming you guys are listing the top 10 candidates for a potential high tier (say buy in of £55+). I think the medium and lower tiers would be way harder to predict and even more open.

But yes, absolutely agree Phil, there is more depth on Sky than people may at first think. And yes, the winner would be based on volume, luck, but also a little bit of skill/ability. :=)

It may be worth saying only games after 6pm count to allow for those with day jobs to have a chance, although of course doing this would reduce the extra early afternoon games that some people may grind.

If there was a decent prize for the high tier, it would also be a good incentive for people to play higher buy in MTT's like the "Sky High Roller" and the UKOPS High Roller for example. Also people who don't usually play the £55 Speed BH might add it to their schedule if it counted towards TLB points.

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVII:
    ^^ some really good ideas there from mr melt. like mixed format, like multi day flights, perhaps 3 different low buy in events he, plo, oh8, part paid out for each event and top 10 from each playing a he ''final day''
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Hi Hendo, & also proper players who have the same view.

I don't want to be Lord Wet Blanket, or a more handsome version of Morrisey - I used to be happy, but I'm a miserable old so & so now - but these mixed format, multi day flights & so on are unlikely to feature, at least, as far as I am aware.

I've seen the current draft schedule, it WILL be a good UKOPS, & it does include something Sky Poker have never done before, & which will be well received by many.